Stray Dogs Episode 2 - Going Knowhere

load previous
Feb 13, 2016 12:35 am
"Hey S'skaar, be a pal and front me a few creds. I spotted a sweet piece of kit over there..." Hotwire trails off when he notices the newcomers for the first time and realizes that here might be a potential employer.
Feb 13, 2016 12:52 am
"How much you need? Seems Saru won't bee needing his cut..."
Feb 13, 2016 1:32 pm
The man in coveralls looks around carefully. "This place has ears, let us talk in the cantina. Meet us there in one hour, finish your trading." He says as he nods toward a ramshackle looking tavern in one corner.
Feb 13, 2016 4:42 pm
Before they leave, S'skaar will eye Tchok and notice he only has a rifle as his heaviest weapon...

"Hey say friend... what is your name? Listen, we happen to have an extra assault rifle lying around, since we're going to end up working together, how about we gift it to you, as a show of good faith?"
Feb 13, 2016 8:06 pm
As soon as free commodities given in good faith are suggested, Tchok's eyes briefly become furious before finally narrowing into suspicion. There is no such thing as free commodities given in good faith anywhere on Tchok's home planet and any offers to the contrary would immediately be seen as a scam of such amateurish nature as to add insult to the intended injury of the "mark", implying that the intended target of such a scam is too stupid to recognize the setup for what it is.

"My name is Tchok", he tells the Skal'Az, giving him an icy stare. "Come Suple," he says, and instead of accepting S'skaar's generous offer, Tchok pointedly resettles the old rifle's sling on his shoulder and follows the others.
Feb 13, 2016 8:27 pm
Kalerik is watching all this without saying a word (indeed, strange, for the fiery-mouthed pilot). He seems to be wondering about what to do. He was a pilot, however, the desire to fly had abandoned him. Space no longer held the wonder it once had, it no longer distracted him from the death (the "missing in action") of his father. The worry that gnawed him on land had seemed to have tired him out, leaving him emotionless.
"Damn." he mutters to himself as he walks with the rest of the team. And he keeps an eye on this new human...
Feb 13, 2016 11:43 pm
"Hum... okay... guess we'll just sell it then..."

S'skaar thinking the warm-bloods can be weird at times...
Feb 15, 2016 8:49 am
"Weird guy indeed..."

"Let's go Hotwire. I'm in no need for supplies and will gladly help you buy your new equipment, maybe we can pimp the ship a little bit..."

"We'll meet with the rest of you here later to talk with those weirdos, a job is a job they say"
Feb 15, 2016 4:29 pm
OOC:
Since Saru did not take his 53 store credits at teh Skal-Az's shop, I'm thinking of taking them instead, which would give me a bit more credits to help pimp the ship later on. However, this will have to wait since there seems to be a problem with the character sheets right now. Its not showing up, like it was gone. I'm having the same problem with Esteber on Dex's other game...
Feb 17, 2016 8:23 pm
"Okay, well since nobody needs anything else, let's go see what we can get for the Ronin... I don,t feel like going back to the Ronin just to get 3 guns to sell later, we can sell them later at some other place, beside, considering what we already have, it would be only chump change..."
Feb 18, 2016 12:46 pm
"Yes, let's go!" Exiting the store, there's an extra spring in Hotwire's step at the thought of the tasty upgrades for the Ronin he hopes they'll be be able to score.
Feb 18, 2016 4:27 pm
In one corner of the market you see a junk yard of sorts. There is an old fighter, a shuttle, engines and other parts walled off by panels, wings and other pieces of space junk. Rajma Dal's Spacer Imporium is spelled out in parts and tools on a sign over the entrance way
Feb 18, 2016 5:20 pm
"I'm going to trust your judgment here Hotwire, my speciality is more softwares and medicine..."
Feb 18, 2016 5:51 pm
Hotwire rubs his scaly hands together. "Let's see what this fine establishment has to offer! I wonder where this gentleman Rajma Dal might be?"
Feb 18, 2016 6:13 pm
Tchok's eyes scan over the junk, seeing nothing specific and taking in all of it. Dumps like this make him feel like he's home, where nearly everything was saved and traded well past past its intended usefulness, but based on the value of potential usefullness later.

On his planet Tchok knew the owner of such a dump. She was extremely wealthy and she had a very vicious security setup in place to protect her hoard. Tchok looks around to see what sort of security system this Rajma Dal trader has incorporated.
Feb 18, 2016 7:11 pm
Tchock scans the place. He quickly spots a quadruped robot with large, bear trap like mouth filled with metal teeth. It's yellow eyes watch everyone who is walking the rows of junk.
Feb 18, 2016 7:14 pm
An Omikroner (goblin like alien with a brainy head - known for being space merchants) greets you as you enter.
"Welcome to my shop! Is there anything I can help you with?" he looks right at Hotwire, who's out in front of the group and salivating at the opportunities.
Feb 21, 2016 5:53 pm
"Let's see what you've got, my good fellow!"
OOC:
So what do you guys want? Ronin systems that came into play vs. the Imperials were:
-Piloting
-Gunnery
-Nav/Hyperspace

I think we had some trouble with the hyperspace nav. Might also be good to have some sort of countermeasures, like signal jammers or cloaking or something?
Feb 21, 2016 7:57 pm
"Let's start by seeing what we can afford and then we'll go from there. Although, it might be nice if we could replenish our missiles reserves somewhat; our launcher has been empty for a while..."
OOC:
Do not forget that we can also improve the med bay and the work station. The hyperspace nav problem was mostly due to me rolling really bad... but still, bonuses can be appreciated (note that since I improved my laptop a bit, hyperspace nav is already a bit better for me).
Mar 2, 2016 7:50 pm
OK, there are some newly published space ship rules but I will not be able to translate until summer. So I am handling this just like magic items in DS (Pg 100).

So if you are looking to improve the ships, attack, defense, etc purchase as per making a magic item. Single Check (like medic) use the Single Check row (see the table on 100). Remember to take the total and x 2 for Rajma's profit.
load next

Thread locked