General OOC

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 30, 2019 9:00 pm
This is the thread we will use for all of our Out-of-Character talk, dice rolls, etc. That way we can keep the IC thread clean, so we can read it like a story (with pictures!).

If you haven't finished your character sheet yet, that's step 1. While you're at it, make sure to hit me up on Discord so I'll know your Discord name! Mine's @Caystodd (creative, I know).

I'm going on a date(ish) tonight, so I'll probably get us started tomorrow. We are going to start right with some action and then flash back to how we got there, so be ready!
Aug 30, 2019 9:29 pm
Aaaaaallright. Then I'm looking forwards to tomorrow. Good luck on your date
Maybe I'm dumb but I couldn't add you. Discord tells me that it needs a username and a tag number like @Caystodd#[four-digit-number]
Last edited August 30, 2019 10:04 pm
Aug 30, 2019 10:08 pm
Good luck on your date! I think I did my character sheet but, if not, gonna be done tomorrow, after some work on my project.
Aug 30, 2019 10:09 pm
Just checked. It's serviceable but I'll likely make notes on spells and such and convert it into this site
Aug 30, 2019 10:58 pm
Thanks for having me caystodd, my character sheet is mechanically complete and I should have the backstory done by monday.

Regarding the party what is the current composition? I ask because I can easily switch my circle to moon if we need more frontline support, and wanted to check with everyone else.
Aug 30, 2019 11:32 pm
I'm a front line cleric. I don't know about the others.
Aug 31, 2019 4:08 am
Hey there! Thanks for inviting me! I'm really excited for this game :D

@somebox: I've got a squishy little warlock. I will probably try to keep him off the frontline. :P
Aug 31, 2019 7:50 am
Looks like we got Paladin, Life Cleric, Sorcerer, Warlock, Rogue and land Druid. Should be interesting haha
Aug 31, 2019 12:05 pm
Scrol says:
Maybe I'm dumb but I couldn't add you. Discord tells me that it needs a username and a tag number like @Caystodd#[four-digit-number]
Nope. I is the dumb one. :-D

@Caystodd#8294
Melanqolia says:
Just checked. It's serviceable but I'll likely make notes on spells and such and convert it into this site
Yes! Everyone, make a post in this forum with your character name. This will be your character thread. There, we can talk about character stuff and you can keep track of everything you want to keep track of in that first post. Make sense?
somebox says:
I should have the backstory done by monday.
Don't work too hard on that. You're a teenager. You shouldn't have much of a backstory. :-D You are the "best and the brightest" from your kingdom, whatever that means. That's plenty!

And as you do write your backstory, leave plenty of room for changes and additions. We are going to create the history of the world together and you'll want to be able to connect your story that the larger story.
NinjaTeeHart says:
Looks like we got Paladin, Life Cleric, Sorcerer, Warlock, Rogue and land Druid. Should be interesting haha
That looks correct, yes! Good group!
Aug 31, 2019 12:10 pm
Also, we have a channel on the GamersPlane discord.

Discord server invite: https://discordapp.com/invite/Z7rDyKb

#curnbrey_citadel
Aug 31, 2019 3:38 pm
I put up the first thread. When all the characters are finished, I'll unlock it and the game can begin. Here are a few assumptions the game will proceed with:

1. Ishmee (Orc-blooded Paladin played by Wratched) discovered the hole in the basement that led down to the depths (she included it in her story, so....why not? :-D) She's been to the door once but never beyond it.

2. You all have known each other for at least a week (longer, if you like). You all get along well enough that you were willing to break the rules, sneak out of your rooms at night, to follow Ishmee down to the dungeons. Keep that in mind as you RP.

3. When we get to a good spot in the delve to break from the action, we'll flash back to tell the story of how you all decided to go on this adventure once Ishmee told you about the hole at the last night of the banquet.

If you need to reread the game ad history and story material to be sure that your character is in line with what we want to do here, please do that now. If you have questions, just ask.
Aug 31, 2019 3:52 pm
Cool! Okey!
Aug 31, 2019 4:48 pm
Okay everything is complete on my end, my character sheet is public if anyone needs to look at it.
Aug 31, 2019 4:50 pm
same
Aug 31, 2019 5:10 pm
I'm ready! Is there a thing you have to do to make your character public?
Caystodd says:
1. Ishmee (Orc-blooded Paladin played by Wratched) discovered the hole in the basement that led down to the depths (she included it in her story, so....why not? :-D) She's been to the door once but never beyond it.
Awesome! Thanks for doing that!
Aug 31, 2019 5:14 pm
Wratched says:
I'm ready! Is there a thing you have to do to make your character public?
No that I can see, but what do I know? :-D
Aug 31, 2019 5:24 pm
I just put a link in, i assumed that would work
Aug 31, 2019 5:35 pm
@melanqolia not quite

Go to your characters page, and to the right of all your characters are several icons, selecting the book shaped one so that it is glowing red means it's public, so anyone can look at it. By default only the gm can see people's sheets.
Aug 31, 2019 5:37 pm
ooooooooooh, cool! Thanks
Aug 31, 2019 5:37 pm
fixed it
Aug 31, 2019 5:54 pm
No problem. I like to check out what people pick as their spells and whatnot to keep in mind. Sometimes people prefer to keep them private which is also valid.
Aug 31, 2019 6:16 pm
somebox says:

Go to your characters page, and to the right of all your characters are several icons, selecting the book shaped one so that it is glowing red means it's public, so anyone can look at it. By default only the gm can see people's sheets.
Qu
Uhhh. Didn't know about that. Thanks
Last edited August 31, 2019 6:18 pm
Aug 31, 2019 9:55 pm
So, is that everyone done? We have 6 character threads.
Sep 1, 2019 8:28 pm
In case you missed it in the chat . . .
Quote:
CaystoddToday at 4:04 PM
You guys are the elite of the elite, from the "top 1%" to use modern terms. You can have just about any prior relationship you can think of. Once we get the game rolling, I'll be asking each of you to tell me about your kingdoms, and we'll start working on a map. For now, we'll just wing it. But you can assume you have traveled, known, met, whatever each other if you like.

CaystoddToday at 4:06 PM
I have unlocked the game thread. I think we need a first post from @Wratched since this was her idea. Once she's posted, y'all jump in.

MelanqoliaToday at 4:20 PM
Does it matter who goes next?

CaystoddToday at 4:20 PM
Not to me.
While we have six people in one thread, give everyone a chance to chime in before anyone gets too far ahead of things.
Sep 1, 2019 8:44 pm
Calvas investigates the door if it's stuck or locked

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Sep 1, 2019 8:49 pm
Vinny checking for a lock he could pick. Should I roll it myself or count it as helping Calvas?

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Sep 2, 2019 4:29 am
Perception check for Nym who is keeping a lookout

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Sep 2, 2019 1:22 pm
A few quick notes about skills and rolls:

1. I don't operate by the standard D&D "Roll when you are unsure of the outcome" rule. I operate by the "Roll when the possibility of failure is interesting" rule. This means there is no need to roll in any situation where I don't ask for one.

2. Also, I aggressively apply the "failed progress" rule on PHB 74.
Quote:
"Otherwise, it is a failure, which means the character or monster makes no progress toward the objective or makes progress combined with a setback determined by the DM.
If you want to risk randomness and possible chaos, roll away, even if I haven't asked for a roll. I generally ignore all the successes I didn't ask for and dream up interesting setbacks for all the failures, whether I asked for the roll or not! :-D

In my games, every time you take the (virtual) dice into your (virtual) hand, you always risk awesomeness and disaster in equal measure. Many times I will require rolls. For all the other times, I leave it to you as to how often you want to tempt fate.
Sep 2, 2019 1:23 pm
oooh, cool
Sep 2, 2019 2:59 pm
[ +- ] Spoiler

Rolls

Athletics +5 - (1d20+5)

(12) + 5 = 17

With Advantage - (1d20+5)

(16) + 5 = 21

Sep 2, 2019 3:02 pm
Great! Let's get a post from Calvas as he joins in and reaction posts from everyone else (if you want), and then I'll post again.
Sep 2, 2019 4:52 pm
Okay, the door is open! Cavas and Ishmee have had their spotlight time. Let's see what the others can do in the spotlight. Ya'll, just don't get too far in your next posts. Once everyone else has made a post detailing what they are doing, I'll post again.

Caystodd sent a note to oopsylon
Sep 2, 2019 5:13 pm
Perception check for Calvas scanning the room

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(16) + 3 = 19

Sep 2, 2019 5:58 pm
Perception check

Rolls

Perception scanning the room - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Sep 2, 2019 7:01 pm
Well I guess we're doing the rolling here.

Rolling perception. Are those mushrooms on the wall and is that green area water? If so are there any rolls I can make?

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(14) + 5 = 19

Sep 2, 2019 8:26 pm
somebox says:
Well I guess we're doing the rolling here.
Yep. In this game, all OOC stuff goes here: dice, OOC comments, notes, everything. I know some folks like to mix it all together in one thread. That's why I highlighted how we'd be doing it in this game in the game ad and in the first post in this thread.
somebox says:
Rolling perception. Are those mushrooms on the wall and is that green area water? If so are there any rolls I can make?
Once we hear from Nymril, I'll make an IC post that will tell everyone what they can see as they move into the dark cavern and how we might proceed.
Sep 3, 2019 7:14 pm
Okay, everyone post up and let me know what you are doing and where, and then we'll see about what rolls you might want (or not want) to make. Spread out or stick together, it's up to you.
somebox says:
"Splendid, let us proceed. We will need to do something about the door at some point." Staff and shield in hand she ignores the general tomfoolery of her tumbled peers after double checking everyone is fine. Satisfied she too enters, stepping over the fallen door sniffing the air and examining the place.
Point of clarification, the door hasn't fallen. The bar/lock/whatever that held it shut has been broken so that now both sides of the door swing freely open. If you shut it, it will probably hang shut, but more investigation is needed to see how badly damage the door and its mechanism(s) is.
Sep 3, 2019 10:49 pm
Lets roll to see if we can find out anything useful about these mushrooms.

Rolls

nature - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Sep 4, 2019 12:42 am
I'll include all this in my upcoming IC post but FYI . . .
NinjaTeeHart says:
laughing he climbs the ladder and looks over the ledge.
The ladder is in the top center of the map on the other side of the river. You'll have to swim out there or take the boat if you want to get to it. The water is moving steadily but not super fast (the DC shouldn't be too high). It's hard to tell how deep the water is in the dark, but if you walk to the water's edge and do a little bit of looking, you can tell that it is probably over your head but not by much.
oopsylon says:
With a wave of his hand, Nym summons four purplish glowing orbs and scatters them throughout the cave to help his friends (particularly Alissia) see. He sends one up the northward tunnel as far as it can go, one to the east, one on the ledge, and one orbiting Alissia's head.
I am going to guess that you are casting Dancing Lights. It has a range of 120' which is the same range as your Dark Vision, so you can see as far as the light can go up that tunnel. It's a dark, river-filled tunnel as far as you can see. So if you want to send that light someone else, go for it.
somebox says:
Lets roll to see if we can find out anything useful about these mushrooms.
Make a note that you took that sample. If you'd like to spend some time studying these mushrooms at some future time, you can make that roll again with Advantage.
Sep 4, 2019 12:57 am
Caystodd says:
I am going to guess that you are casting Dancing Lights. It has a range of 120' which is the same range as your Dark Vision, so you can see as far as the light can go up that tunnel. It's a dark, river-filled tunnel as far as you can see. So if you want to send that light someone else, go for it.
Oh, I know :D
It was mostly for Alissia’s sake since she’s the only one who cannot see in the dark as far as I am aware.
Sep 4, 2019 11:50 am
Forgot I couldn't. Thought it was cute.
Sep 4, 2019 12:06 pm
Okay, time for action! Here is the Stealth roll from the baddies!

Rolls

Stealth +6 - (1d20+6)

(20) + 6 = 26

Sep 4, 2019 12:10 pm
Nuuu, don't kill nym and Alissia, cute moment.
Sep 4, 2019 12:12 pm
Well, there you go.

1. Everyone, make a Wisdom (Perception) check. If you get 26 or better or roll a natural 20, then you know the attack is coming and can act on the surprise round.

2. Vinny, make a Strength (Athletics) check DC 10. If you make the check you can be on the ladder or back on the shore (your choice) when the attack comes. If you fail, you will be treading water when the attack comes.

Quick action post coming right up.
Sep 4, 2019 12:15 pm
Beep boop time to die

Rolls

Perception check - (1d20+3)

(14) + 3 = 17

Sep 4, 2019 12:15 pm
Athletics -1

Perception, I’m gonna take disadvantage since Vinny’s swimming and no way is that conducive to noticing the environment around him. I realize it doesn’t mean much with such a high DC but it’s the principle haha

Rolls

Perception 1 - (1d20+2)

(11) + 2 = 13

Perception 2 - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Athletics - (1d20-1)

(7) - 1 = 6

Sep 4, 2019 12:16 pm
Lovely.... this is gonna be awesome
Sep 4, 2019 12:16 pm
:P

Rolls

Perception Check - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Sep 4, 2019 12:55 pm
Here's hoping for a natural 20.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Sep 4, 2019 12:55 pm
Close. :-D
Sep 4, 2019 2:15 pm
NinjaTeeHart says:
Perception, I’m gonna take disadvantage since Vinny’s swimming and no way is that conducive to noticing the environment around him. I realize it doesn’t mean much with such a high DC but it’s the principle haha
I like it. Have a D4 Inspiration Die. You are right that it isn't much of a disadvantage in this particular situation, but I did start the fight while you were in the middle of the water, trying to do something both interesting and brave. I like that.

Add the D4 to your sheet. It works just like Bardic Inspiration. You have to use it during this fight or shortly after (about 10 minutes), but you can use it after you roll even if you know the result because I gave you the DC in advance (because I almost always will).
Sep 4, 2019 2:21 pm
Thanks! Instead of to my sheet, I’m going to add it to my thread, so I can update when I use it, along with HP.
Sep 4, 2019 2:37 pm
Perfect.

Everyone, while we wait for the rest of the rolls to come in, I'll go ahead and post the tactical bits about the map. I'll repost this on the next round as well, so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

Battle Map Features:
1. The commanding height of the ledge gives the attacking creature Advantage on its attack rolls against everyone down below.

2. 1 square = 5'. Be mindful of how far you can see. Count the squares. The torch casts its light to the edge of the water and no farther (30' radius).

3. Moving through the water costs double as per the PHB. However, the water isn't flowing overly fast and isn't particularly deep in most spots, so if you can succeed at a Strength (Athletics) check, DC 10, you can move normally. If you fail the roll, you still have to move into the water, half your move. You can't fail your swim roll and then decide not to swim. :-) If you end your turn in the water, your attacks are at a Disadvantage. If you take the Dodge action while in the water (i.e. ducking beneath the water), you don't need to make the Dex save. All attacks against you are at a Disadvantage so long as you are Dodging.

4. The raised walls (what look like piles of boulders) on the top left, bottom right, and right in the middle of the map, do not go all the way to the top of the cavern. They are about 15' high. If you are behind them, you have total cover from the creature on the ledge. There is room for one person to take cover at the edge of each end of these. Doing so gives you 3/4 cover.

5. There is room for one person to stand in the doorway you came in. That provides 3/4 cover from the attacker on the ledge.

6. The boat provides 1/2 cover from the attacker on the ledge.

7. Climbing the ladder on the middle top of the map cost double movement. It is about 25' high. Attacks from the ladder at at a Disadvantage.
Sep 4, 2019 2:56 pm
Pre-emptive initiative for the sleepy Australian

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Sep 4, 2019 3:53 pm
Perception roll

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(11) + 3 = 14

Sep 4, 2019 4:12 pm
Perception and Initiative.

Stay safe Caystodd!

Rolls

Perception - (1D20+5)

(11) + 5 = 16

Initiative - (1D20+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

Sep 4, 2019 4:23 pm
Initiative

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Sep 4, 2019 4:28 pm
Okay, that's everyone. Only the beasty acts on the surprise round.

The creature attacks (by first names, in alphabetical order)....

Rolls

Target - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Attack Roll - (1d20+4)

(12) + 4 = 16

Attack Roll (Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(7) + 4 = 11

Damage - (1d3+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Sep 4, 2019 4:45 pm
#4 alphabetically by first name is Lieria!

She is hit (AC 16) by the goo and is burned for 5 HPs.

Now it is time to roll initiative. I'll roll the creature's here in this post. Everyone who hasn't already, roll your Initiative. If you beat or tie what I roll here, you can post now and take your action. You can post in any order as long as you tie or beat what I roll here. If you roll below what I roll here, you'll have to wait until after the monster takes its turn.

The creature has an AC of 15 (thanks to the half cover from the ledge).

Rolls

Creature Initiative - (1d20+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Sep 4, 2019 4:46 pm
I have posted the map in the IC thread as well. If you click the image it will take you to a full version of the map (the image I post will be zoomed in on the action).

Battle Map Features:
1. The commanding height of the ledge gives the attacking creature Advantage on its attack rolls against everyone down below.

2. 1 square = 5'. Be mindful of how far you can see. Count the squares. The torch casts its light to the edge of the water and no farther (30' radius).

3. Moving through the water costs double as per the PHB. However, the water isn't flowing overly fast and isn't particularly deep in most spots, so if you can succeed at a Strength (Athletics) check, DC 10, you can move normally. If you fail the roll, you still have to move into the water, half your move. You can't fail your swim roll and then decide not to swim. :-) If you end your turn in the water, your attacks are at a Disadvantage. If you take the Dodge action while in the water (i.e. ducking beneath the water), you don't need to make the Dex save. All attacks against you are at a Disadvantage so long as you are Dodging.

4. The raised walls (what look like piles of boulders) on the top left, bottom right, and right in the middle of the map, do not go all the way to the top of the cavern. They are about 15' high. If you are behind them, you have total cover from the creature on the ledge. There is room for one person to take cover at the edge of each end of these. Doing so gives you 3/4 cover.

5. There is room for one person to stand in the doorway you came in. That provides 3/4 cover from the attacker on the ledge.

6. The boat provides 1/2 cover from the attacker on the ledge.

7. Climbing the ladder on the middle top of the map cost double movement. It is about 25' high. Attacks from the ladder at at a Disadvantage.
Sep 4, 2019 4:49 pm
Intitiative
OOC:
Really? Well it's in character that Calvas is too busy rummaging through the crates
Last edited September 4, 2019 4:50 pm

Rolls

Intitiative - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Sep 4, 2019 4:51 pm
Time to die

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Sep 4, 2019 5:11 pm
Rollin'!

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(8) + 1 = 9

Sep 4, 2019 5:13 pm
they see me rolling
Sep 4, 2019 5:19 pm
I'm going to run up to the corner of the wall nearest to the baddie (where those boards are lying on the ground, up about 4 squares diagonally to the right) and use the rocks for cover. Then I'm going to drop my sword and shield (no action), and take out my bow (free action), and shoot.

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+3)

(18) + 3 = 21

Sep 4, 2019 5:20 pm
Sorry, forgot to roll damage.

Rolls

Damage - (1d8+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

Sep 4, 2019 5:37 pm
Here's the initiative order:

1. Going Before the Monster (post in any order):
Ishmee (already posted - the creature is not dead)
Vinny
Lieria
Alice

2. The Monster Goes

3. Going After the Monster (post in any order):
Calvas
Nymril

Also this clarification:
Quote:
WratchedToday at 1:22 PM
@Caystodd I am assuming in my post that you are still using the "dropping stuff is no action" rule. If I did too much in my post, just edit out whatever.

CaystoddToday at 1:29 PM
Yeah, that's fine. Just remember, you'll have to use your free action to pick them up again if you need to melee.
Also, also, a roll for me:

And....our first clock. I wonder what it means!?!

https://i.imgur.com/YavVzaP.jpg

Rolls

Clock - (1d3+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

Sep 4, 2019 6:21 pm
Casting Entangle, DC 13 Strength Save to break out of, if not they're entangled which gives all kinds of benefits to us. The ground is also now difficult terrain until I dismiss it.

Current HP: 4/9
Spell Slots: 1/2
Last edited September 4, 2019 6:22 pm
Sep 4, 2019 6:33 pm
Used thaumaturgy to brighten the torch, unsure if you want that to actually cause the torch to expand it's range
Sep 4, 2019 6:42 pm
Strength Save

Rolls

Strength Check - (1d20-1)

(14) - 1 = 13

Sep 4, 2019 6:45 pm
The creature makes its Strength Save, so it is not entangled, but it is on difficult terrain.
Melanqolia says:
Used thaumaturgy to brighten the torch, unsure if you want that to actually cause the torch to expand it's range
I'm fine with that. Between the torch and the Dancing Lights, everyone can now see the critter on the ledge.
Sep 4, 2019 6:52 pm
Here's the initiative order:

1. Going Before the Monster (post in any order):
Ishmee (already posted - the creature is not dead)
Vinny
Lieria (already posted - the creature is not entangled)
Alice (already posted - the light is brighter)

2. The Monster Goes

3. Going After the Monster (post in any order):
Calvas
Nymril
Sep 4, 2019 7:24 pm
Vinny is going to try to get as high on the ladder as possible without climbing over the edge. I’m going to assume my athletics check still holds, so at half movement I’ll dash, once He’s too the ladder he’ll draw his scimitar from his back sheath.
Sep 4, 2019 7:36 pm
That works. It is 15' to the ladder, so you can draw your scimitar as a free action, and make it about 15' up the 25' ladder as a dash.

The creature can't see Lieria, so it is attacking (alphabetical by first name)....

Rolls

Who gets the vomits! - (1d5)

(3) = 3

Attack - (1d20+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Attack with Advantage - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

Damage - (1d3+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Sep 4, 2019 7:39 pm
That is a hit on Ishmee (Attack 22 vs her AC of 21 [18 -2 for no shield +5 for cover]) for 4 HPs.

I'll make a quick IC post and update the map and then we need posts from Calvas and Nymril.
Sep 4, 2019 8:15 pm
Crossbow attack with disadvantage

Rolls

Attack - (1d20)

(7) = 7

with disadvantage - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Sep 4, 2019 11:28 pm
Nym is going to draw one of his scimitars, fire an eldritch blast at the creature on the ledge, and then run for cover behind the raised wall in the top-left.

Edit: Heck yeah.
Last edited September 4, 2019 11:44 pm

Rolls

Eldritch Blast (Attack Roll) - (1d20+4)

(19) + 4 = 23

Eldritch Blast (Damage) - (1d10)

(10) = 10

Sep 5, 2019 12:02 am
Nice!

Creature blasted. It disappears into the darkness and cover of the ledge. It might be dead and have fallen over or it might have slinked away.

Everyone, post (in any order) what you are doing now. Keep your actions to about what you could accomplish on a single round of combat. ;-)

https://i.imgur.com/o0QA1Xb.jpg
Sep 5, 2019 12:06 am
If Nym reduces a creature to 0 HP, he gets 3 temporary hit points. While we don't technically know whether or not that creature is dead... what's Nym's HP looking like?
Last edited September 5, 2019 12:08 am
Sep 5, 2019 1:06 am
No change. You don't feel the Dark One's Blessing feeding you dark energy.
Sep 5, 2019 12:08 pm
Vinny is going to not do any perception check as his action was to attack, but there’s nothing to attack. I’m gonna edit the post to say he sheathed his scimitar. His over confidence is showing haha
Sep 5, 2019 3:35 pm
Just a quick reminder, top left, bottom right, bottom middle, and now top ledge are all dead ends. You could examine them more closely if you like. From a distance they appear to end in cracks, holes, fissures, etc. just like the ledge does. The river flows down from the top and off the right side of the map. The tunnel out of which the river flows goes back as far as anyone can see. Same for the tunnel to the right. The river appears to be the only obvious way out of the cavern.

Also, this....

https://i.imgur.com/KJEOa2L.jpg

You can have another round of actions before the clock ends. Make it clear in your next post where you are. ;-)
Sep 5, 2019 4:02 pm
Do any of the casters know prestidigitation?
Last edited September 5, 2019 4:04 pm
Sep 5, 2019 4:09 pm
NinjaTeeHart says:
Do any of the casters know prestidigitation?
Mine does not unfortunately
Sep 5, 2019 4:12 pm
I know Thaumaturgy, which seems to be mostly the same
Sep 5, 2019 4:45 pm
Vinny is going to dive in and swim either back to shore or the boat, but let’s see if he can actually swim
Very far this time.....

Hahahaha well this will not be an overly graceful entry, but at least I can go the distance.

Do I need to take any fall damage?
Last edited September 5, 2019 4:46 pm

Rolls

Front flip dive (acrobatics) - (1d20+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Athletics check for swimming - (1d20-1)

(13) - 1 = 12

Sep 5, 2019 5:26 pm
I feel like the river is a tad shallow to dive in lol.
Sep 5, 2019 8:39 pm
NinjaTeeHart says:
Do I need to take any fall damage?
You took the dice in hand and failed. I think you should. There's no rule for falling into water in 5e. Google tells me that in Pathfinder the first 20' did no damage if the water was at least 10' deep. This water isn't and you are falling more than 20'. So, let's say 1d3 bludgeoning damage from hitting the bottom.

Rolls

Falling Damage to Vinny - (1d3)

(3) = 3

Sep 5, 2019 9:14 pm
Fair enough, I’ll only play him this abruptly reactive until he hits his head a few times and learns a lesson or two, and I’ll do my best to put only Vinny in harms way as his character develops
Sep 6, 2019 2:53 pm
oopsylon says:
"Great. Yes. Okay." Nym walks over to the nearest boarded-up wall and, with Alissia’s help, begins to pull on the boards.
Caystodd says:
and there were places where the walls had been shored up with boards.
oopsylon, roll d100. Since you both are pulling on the shoring boards, let's make the chance of a cave-in 4% (01%-04%).

Also, here comes another baddie! Where does he come out (starting at the top left and going clockwise, excluding the ledge).

Rolls

Baddie location - (1d3)

(3) = 3

Sep 6, 2019 2:57 pm
Monster Initiative! I'll roll monster initiative in this post. If your previous initiative roll ties or beats the creature's you can act first.

Initiatives:
Nym - 4
Lieria - 11
Vinny - 14
Calvas - 1
Alice - 6
Ishmee - 9

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(19) + 2 = 21

Sep 6, 2019 2:59 pm
Monster is going first! Is he going after Calvas (1), Lieria (2), or Vinny (3)?

Rolls

Target - (1d3)

(2) = 2

Attack - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Damage - (1d3+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Sep 6, 2019 3:00 pm
That's an attack on Lieria that misses. I'll make an IC post and y'all can then post/attack in any order. Alice and Nym, if you do manage to roll a cave-in, let's handle that before you take your turns.
Sep 6, 2019 3:06 pm
Caystodd says:
oopsylon, roll d100. Since you both are pulling on the shoring boards, let's make the chance of a cave-in 4% (01%-04%).
Oh, no. I'm such a dumbass XD

Rolls

Cave-in? - (1d100)

(89) = 89

Sep 6, 2019 3:16 pm
Okay, no worries there. Everyone can post in any order to move and attack the creature. Check your vision range, your weapon range, and your move, but otherwise, roll away. The creature is AC 15 and moving fast.
Sep 6, 2019 3:57 pm
Calvas casts the 'Sleep' spell

Rolls

Sleep (hit points) - (5d8)

(83478) = 30

Sep 6, 2019 4:26 pm
Nice roll! The creature is asleep.

Calvas, I don't see anywhere on your sheet or character post where you are tracking how many spell slots you have remaining. Please track that somewhere visible to me (up to you).

Everyone else who hasn't acted on this round, what are you doing? The creature is asleep for 10 rounds.
Sep 6, 2019 5:10 pm
Just gonna dash at this point, next round, provided Alice gets within attack range as we’ll vinny will attack with her, but let her go first if the creature is still asleep.
Sep 6, 2019 5:33 pm
Alice can Dash to get to an adjacent square to the sleeping creature on this turn (that is what I have assumed she did from her post). Vinny can get to within about 15' of an adjacent square of the sleeping creature on this turn.

But if that is the plan, to gather a few people around it and kill it while it sleeps, we won't need to do it round by round. Who wants to be the ones to deliver the killing blows? Post yourselves there. If two or more of you go in for the kill at the same time, we can dispense with the rolls and rules for attacking an unconscious foe. We'll just call it dead.
Sep 6, 2019 5:35 pm
Alice was gonna take a stab at it (pun intended)
Sep 6, 2019 5:45 pm
Okay, who else? If you want in, post yourself gathering around the creature, but don't deal the death blow until everyone else has had a chance to respond (i.e. Calvas, Ishmee, Lieria, and Nym).
Sep 6, 2019 5:45 pm
Vinny will help kill it, I’m gonna decide that being noble he’s hunted and such in the past for food and is on the thought process that this is a creature and not a humanoid? Or however he would describe that arbitrary line.
Sep 6, 2019 8:05 pm
Lieria see's this monster as a threat, and must be put down for the greater good. After everyone renders it a pincushion and backs up she'll light it up with produce flame. Adding a roll in case it wakes up after getting stabbed.

Rolls

Produce flame (fire) - (1d20+5, 1d8)

1d20+5 : (14) + 5 = 19

1d8 : (2) = 2

Sep 6, 2019 9:19 pm
Alright. Added Spell slots and HP to my Char. Post
Sep 7, 2019 2:18 am
I thought the noble hunts would be a fun backstory for the sneak attack ability, but other than that, that’s all we needed right? No rolls? And just a post from Alice as well?
Sep 7, 2019 12:19 pm
Alice, you said you wanted to get a whack on the helpless creature. Now's the time. Lieria, you said you were going to thrown down some fire on the helpless creature. Now's the time.
Sep 7, 2019 5:27 pm
Everyone, I have posted up the threads for our second scene and have divided you into two separate tables to keep it more intimate. This is a flashback thread that is going to end with Ishmee telling you all about the secret stairwell she found. Until we get there, y'all can RP in your thread. If you have any dramatic goals in this scene, let me know, and we'll try to work that out.

Alice, I'm going to leave 001 open for another day or so, so if you want to jump in there and contribute to the creature's death before the fire comes down, you can.
Sep 7, 2019 5:38 pm
thanks!
Sep 7, 2019 5:40 pm
Great. On to Scene 002!
Sep 7, 2019 8:15 pm
For clarification:
Quote:
NinjaTeeHartToday at 1:43 PM
Is this banquet where everyone first meets at this point?
That was as much a question for Caystodd as everyone else, that would keep it simple but I'm curious to other's thoughts?

SomeboxToday at 2:37 PM
I would like to know this too. Depending on how long we've been here I'd say this would be the first time anyone's spent serious time with Lieria, depending on how much like a school their situation is it's possible anyone's seen her in a dining hall or traversing a hallway

NinjaTeeHartToday at 2:51 PM
I'm thinking it'sreally the first meeting point, but am open to other thoughts.

CaystoddToday at 4:14 PM
This is the final night of the banquet, so you have been together for at least a week, though as I said when we discussed this last time, you all can have known each other since childhood if you like.
Sep 10, 2019 11:38 pm
Wratched, there is your dramatic rejection. You wanted him to be impressed. He isn't. He doesn't even believe you. :-D Have a D8 inspiration die. It has to be used before our next dramatic scene.

Everyone, Is there anything else you want to do in this scene? We can keep going as long as y'all want. But if you're done, we can flash forward back to the delve.
Sep 11, 2019 3:57 am
I think I'm all good with this scene, all I've got is a sassy remark to Asher's comments lol.
Sep 11, 2019 10:25 am
I'm fine to move on whenever :)
Sep 11, 2019 3:44 pm
Ready to move on from Vinny’s perspective
Sep 11, 2019 4:43 pm
same
Sep 12, 2019 1:12 am
Ishmee, you need to post your exit. Vinny has overheard some of the goodness already. Maybe you can whisper to them to spread the word or something to get everyone involved. Or we can just hand wave that. Do whatever you like. :-D

Everyone, make a final post in the dinner threads, and I'll unlock the new Delve 1 thread.
Sep 12, 2019 10:21 pm
Okay, Wratched left Calvas and Lieria with the "tell them" message. We'll just assume one of them did that. Calvas you can make the final post in your thread. Done!

Everyone, jump into the newest delve thread.
Sep 13, 2019 4:23 am
When we get a chance (hopefully during the boat ride) I'd like to use my hit die to regain health.
Sep 14, 2019 1:07 am
You won't be able to take a short rest in the boat, because that is going to be work and not restful (and it is doubtful that it will be an hour long). But if you can find a place you feel safe enough to rest for an hour, you can take a short rest then.
Sep 14, 2019 1:25 pm
It looks like Vinny is in the stern of the boat and Ishmee is in the bow. Where are the rest of you?

As you are facing the bow of the boat the seats are Front Left, Front Right, Back Left, and Back Right. Y'all can talk about it (quickly), or it will be first come, first served.
Sep 14, 2019 2:11 pm
Back left
Sep 14, 2019 8:17 pm
Very lucky our posts play off each other @Wratched. I don't suppose anyone has detect magic and or arcana as a skill.
Sep 14, 2019 8:19 pm
Everyone, no need to roll Perception. I've told you everything there is to see. Roll Arcana to examine the runes. Roll Dexterity to try to pick the lock, if you have tools. Roll Strength to try to pry open the gate (at a disadvantage unless you get out of the boat and perch yourself against the gate in the water). Roll....something else, if you can think of something I haven't. :-D
Sep 14, 2019 8:20 pm
Are we going to try the key or should Vinny awakardly bring up that he kind've knows how to pick locks and may have brought a lock pick set with him just incase something less than legal popped up?
Sep 14, 2019 8:27 pm
I posted a quick update about the key.
Sep 14, 2019 8:30 pm
So, and Vinny wouldn't know this, but maybe he saw it as it flew through the air. Is the key obviously too big for the keyhole?
Sep 14, 2019 10:16 pm
Do you need an arcana check from me for investifating the key?
Sep 14, 2019 10:55 pm
Investigating the runes on the door...

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+4)

(8) + 4 = 12

Sep 15, 2019 12:32 am
Scrol says:
Do you need an arcana check from me for investifating the key?
Sure. Give it a shot.
NinjaTeeHart says:
So, and Vinny wouldn't know this, but maybe he saw it as it flew through the air. Is the key obviously too big for the keyhole?
Good question. I'll answer in my next post. :-)
oopsylon says:
Investigating the runes on the door...
My response to your roll is in my next post!
Sep 15, 2019 4:33 am
Investigate the key

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+4)

(14) + 4 = 18

Sep 15, 2019 5:22 pm
Scrol says:
Investigate the key
I posted the results in my latest post in the IC thread.
Sep 15, 2019 7:29 pm
If Vinny gets out of the boat and stands on the bottom, can he still reach the keyhole?
Sep 15, 2019 7:39 pm
Yeah. Barely.
Sep 15, 2019 8:34 pm
I have this terrible feeling that this is going to go very poorly. Let's see how it rolls.

Haha, well as long as it doesn't blow up Vinny at least stands a chance!
Last edited September 15, 2019 8:35 pm

Rolls

Thieves tools - (1d20+4)

(20) + 4 = 24

Disadvantage for water, tippy toes, potentially rusty lock, nerves because of potential explosion... - (1d20+4)

(17) + 4 = 21

Sep 16, 2019 12:15 am
Vinny, as soon as you touch the gate, you get a shock! Make a Dexterity save or take 1d6 points of damage. But since you rolled so frikin' well on your Remove Traps roll, you can make the Dex check with Advantage.

FYI, since you rolled so well, I'll also tell you this: the 24 is not high enough to pick this magical lock. After you get the shock and see the lock up close, you know it is, at this point and by you, unpickable.
Sep 16, 2019 12:40 am
Ouch

Forgot my save
Last edited September 16, 2019 12:45 am

Rolls

Shocking, isn’t it? - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Dex save - (1d20+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Sep 16, 2019 9:53 am
The 9 is a failure. You take 2 points of electrical damage
Sep 17, 2019 9:51 pm
I'll update and move us along in a few hours.
Sep 18, 2019 12:30 am
I posted the map of the whole cavern, but there is no light in the cavern, so anyone who doesn't have darkvision is in complete blackness.
Sep 19, 2019 1:53 am
I'll update tomorrow. Anyone else want to chime in? Now's the time.
Sep 21, 2019 12:56 pm
Well that’s fun.... :/ haha
Sep 21, 2019 1:24 pm
Okay, Ishmee is swimming down to the body. Does anyone else want to do anything?

https://i.imgur.com/xzEco1E.jpg
Sep 21, 2019 8:55 pm
I'm not too sure there's anything for me to try here, I'd say finding a body is a great success so far.
Sep 22, 2019 5:09 pm
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, nuuuuuuuuuuu, the clock
Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Anyone who wants to can make a "pulling the mail and bones up onto the boat" post.

Ishmee, make a climbing on the boat post.

https://i.imgur.com/ITFm1N2.jpg
Sep 22, 2019 7:47 pm
Ahhhhhhh, please no, mr clock
Sep 24, 2019 11:26 am
Sorry for the delay. My client went into the hospital on Sunday, so I've been crazy busy. Should get updated tonight.
Sep 25, 2019 1:23 am
I didn't take us any further than the tunnel in my post because I thought y'all might like to check out the skull, mail, and sword first.

If that's what y'all want, post away. If not, I'll update and move us along tomorrow.
Sep 25, 2019 5:37 am
Assuming we have left behind the sulfur Lieria might be interested in, or ignore them if it's not something she has background knowledge on. What sort of checks could we use here?
Sep 25, 2019 4:31 pm
I'm throwing a history check in here if Calvas remembers something about the last time when orc's where seen...

Rolls

History - (1d20+4)

(19) + 4 = 23

Sep 25, 2019 11:23 pm
Vinny will go with history as well as he glances over the shoulder of the group, focusing on the sword, it's style, and any markings he can see, but I'll wait to see what he knows before i do his post.
Last edited September 25, 2019 11:25 pm

Rolls

History - (1d20+5)

(16) + 5 = 21

Sep 26, 2019 1:22 am
somebox says:
What sort of checks could we use here?
Not getting information is never fun, so I'll never require a roll to get information like this, especially when it is information that I don't yet know. :-)
Scrol says:
I'm throwing a history check in here if Calvas remembers something about the last time when orc's where seen...
Since you actually posted IC, you get to write this part. I established....
-Pureblood Orcs are a surprising and cool thing to find evidence of.
-Everyone has heard stories about them.
-As far as anyone knows, Orcs died out "ages ago" (a hundred years ago).
-They are believed to have died out in the "final wars" that led to the age of peace we are in now.

Calvas remembers the last war that Orcs were seen in. What was the war? Where they the good guys, bad guys, or something else? How did they all die out as a result of that war? Just a short paragraph will do.
Sep 26, 2019 10:25 pm
What does the armor look like?

/me drools over loot.
Sep 26, 2019 10:30 pm
It is very old, very high quality chain mail (normal chain mail).
Sep 29, 2019 12:01 pm
I'm ordering the actions based on who posted what.

Top:
-Calvas goes first and makes it 15' up the 20' ladder.
-Nym is behind him about 10' up the ladder and has to stop because Calvas is in the way.
-Alice is 5' up the ladder and has to stop because Nym is in the way.

Bottom:
-Vinny swims 5' and makes it 10' up the 20' ladder.
-Lieria swims 5', makes it 5' up the ladder, and has to stop because Vinny is in the way.
-Ishmee swims 5' and is still in the water, hanging on to the ladder, and has to stop because Lieria is in the way.

Everyone hears the screeching sounds coming from all around. Swarms of bats! Everyone roll initiative! If you beat the bat's initiative (below), you can act first.

-Attacks with ranged weapons while you are in the water or on the ladder are impossible.
-Melee attacks (once the creatures get within range) on the ladder or in the water have Disadvantage.
-Everyone except Ishmee has enough move to get to the top of the ladder on their next turn.
-If you want to pass someone on the ladder, you must make a Dex (Acrobatics) check, DC 14, or fall into the water (no damage). The ladder is very small and very rickety.
-When you get to the top of the ladder, you will see the bats swarming just off the edge of the map and up in the air, you can make ranged attacks against them. The swarm's AC is 12.

Rolls

swarm initiative - (1d20+2)

(17) + 2 = 19

Sep 29, 2019 12:08 pm
:P

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Sep 29, 2019 12:11 pm
Holy bat swarm bat man!

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

Sep 29, 2019 5:54 pm
Bats!

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+3)

(15) + 3 = 18

Sep 29, 2019 9:11 pm
not the bats, nuuuuu

Rolls

BATS! - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Sep 29, 2019 9:11 pm
why can't i roll this high normally?
Sep 29, 2019 9:12 pm
can i wait until Nym goes?
Sep 30, 2019 12:02 am
Initiative

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(11) + 1 = 12

Sep 30, 2019 12:32 am
Melanqolia says:
can i wait until Nym goes?
Yep.
Sep 30, 2019 12:43 am
The bottom bats swarm the ladder and attack (in alphabetical order) . . .

Rolls

Ishmee, Lieria, or Vinny - (1d3)

(2) = 2

Attack - (1d20+4)

(19) + 4 = 23

Damage - (2d4)

(24) = 6

Sep 30, 2019 12:44 am
That's a hit on Lieria for 6 HPs.

Bottom ladder people can move and attack in any order you want to post in.

Once we get an Initiative roll from Calvas, the top ladder people/bats can go.
Sep 30, 2019 1:09 am
I'm going to attack on the ladder with Disadvantage.

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+5)

(9) + 5 = 14

Attack - (1d20+5)

(6) + 5 = 11

Damage - (1d8+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Sep 30, 2019 1:09 am
I'm going to use my Inspiration die to make that 11 at least a 12, so that's a hit for 9 HPs.
Sep 30, 2019 1:15 am
Attack! Is Lieria close enough to allow Vinny to get sneak attack damage?

Rolls

Attack with scimitar (slashing) - (1d20+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Sep 30, 2019 1:21 am
Yes, you can sneak attack them bats!
Sep 30, 2019 5:15 am
Initiative

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Sep 30, 2019 5:17 pm
Welp Lieria is down to -2. I'm just gonna roll a death save.

Well that's one success.
Last edited September 30, 2019 5:18 pm

Rolls

Death Save - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Sep 30, 2019 10:05 pm
somebox says:
Welp Lieria is down to -2.
Oh no! D:
Oct 1, 2019 12:39 am
somebox says:
Welp Lieria is down to -2. I'm just gonna roll a death save.

Well that's one success.
You have 0 HPs. There are no negative HPs in 5e thankfully. :-) And you don't need to make the first death save until you begin your turn with zero HPs, so that's your roll for turn 2.

Turn 1:
-Bat's attack and Lieria goes to 0 HPs.
-Ishmee attacks for 9 HPs.
-Vinny misses.

Let's get attacks from everyone else for turn 1.
Oct 1, 2019 9:02 am
Crossbow attack and possible damage

Rolls

Crossbow attack - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Possible damage - (1d8)

(4) = 4

Oct 1, 2019 11:32 am
Nym moves the remaining 10 feet up the ladder and then a further 10 feet north-east-ish. He draws one of his scimitars, casts ‘Hex’ on the swarm of bats as a bonus action, and then fires an eldritch blast at the swarm as an action.

The hexed bats have disadvantage on strength checks.

They take 6 points of force damage and 2 points of necrotic damage.
Last edited October 1, 2019 11:34 am

Rolls

(17) + 4 = 21

(6) = 6

Hex (Damage) - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Oct 1, 2019 11:52 am
Turn 1:
-Bat's attack and Lieria goes to 0 HPs.
-Ishmee attacks for 9 HPs.
-Vinny misses.
-Calvas hits for 4 HPs.
-Nym hits for 8 HPs.

We will move on to Turn 2 when I get home from class/work this afternoon.

Also . . .

https://i.imgur.com/YavVzaP.jpg
Oct 1, 2019 11:44 pm
Some notes about Turn 1:
-Calvas uses 10' of his 30' move getting the rest of the way up the ladder and then jumps into the water. We'll say the move to jump also takes 5' that lets him move into the square adjacent to Lieria to grab her on Round 2. Calvas, no roll is required to keep her from drowning if that's all you plan to do.
-Since Melanqolia never posted, we'll say Alice is stuck trying to get up the ladder.

Turn 2:
-The bats see Nym, Ishmee, and Vinny as targets, because they are up high. They are currently ignoring Alice, Calvas, and Lieria.
-The bats attack . . .

Rolls

Ishmee, Nymril, Vinny - (1d3)

(1) = 1

Attack - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Damage - (2d4)

(23) = 5

Oct 1, 2019 11:50 pm
That's a miss on Ishmee.

Everyone, you can all attack/post now, in any order.

https://i.imgur.com/60PfiVQ.jpg
Oct 2, 2019 12:17 am
Nym fires another eldritch blast at the bats… and misses. :(
Last edited October 2, 2019 12:21 am

Rolls

(6) + 4 = 10

Oct 2, 2019 7:17 pm
Calvas tries to stablize Lieria.
OOC:
Curses. A narrow miss
Last edited October 2, 2019 7:18 pm

Rolls

Stabilize (Medicine) - (1d20+1)

(8) + 1 = 9

Oct 2, 2019 11:24 pm
So far on Round 2:
-Bats attack and miss.
-Nym attacks and misses.
-Lieria makes her first death saving throw.
-Calvas tries to stabilize Lieria and fails.

We still need actions from Alissa, Ishmee, and Vinny.
Oct 2, 2019 11:37 pm
Vinny is going to dive down to try to stabilize Lieria with Calvas. I'm assuming he can dive in pretty easy and try to stabilize her.

Rolls

Medicine - (1d20+0)

(16) = 16

Oct 2, 2019 11:47 pm
Attack!

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+5)

(14) + 5 = 19

Damage - (1d8+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

Oct 3, 2019 10:51 am
Bats are dramatically reduced in number. They continue to swarm on Ishmee.

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+4)

(11) + 4 = 15

Damage (Reduced) - (1d4)

(1) = 1

Oct 3, 2019 10:58 am
That's a miss. I'm going to post an IC update here in a minute. Ishmee, you can write that up however you like.

Everyone else, you are up on Round 3.
-Lieria is stabilized but unconscious until she regains at least one HP.
-Either Calvas or Vinny need to spend their action this round keeping Lieria afloat (unless she is healed) or getting her into the boat. Getting her into the boat can be done with a move and an action. No roll required.

https://i.imgur.com/KJEOa2L.jpg
Oct 3, 2019 11:48 am
Attack!

Rolls

1d20+5

(18) + 5 = 23

1d8+3

(3) + 3 = 6

Oct 3, 2019 11:49 am
Ishmee is on fire!
Oct 3, 2019 11:55 am
FYI . . .
Quote:
WratchedToday at 7:50 AM
@Caystodd Does 6 more HPs kill the bats?
CaystoddToday at 7:53 AM
Yes. It drives the swarm off in shambles.
Also, your sword heals you 1d4 HPs. Write this up however you like.

Rolls

1d4

(2) = 2

Oct 3, 2019 10:36 pm
So far on Turn 3:
-Ishmee attacks and drives off the swarm.
-Vinny pulls Lieria into the boat.

Since we haven't had a post from Alice in five days, I'm going to NPC her to heal Lieria.

Everyone else, if you want to do something before Turn 4 begins, keep your actions to about what could be done in one round of combat.

Rolls

Heal - (1d8+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Oct 4, 2019 4:22 am
Yeehaw. Melanqolia's around here...somewhere.
Oct 4, 2019 10:06 am
I’ll be home from work and school in about 10 hours. I’ll take us to Turn 4 then.
Oct 4, 2019 7:45 pm
More Bats incoming!

To save time, y'all are keeping your old Initiatives.

Rolls

Top (1) or bottom (2) - (1d2)

(1) = 1

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(14) + 2 = 16

Oct 4, 2019 7:48 pm
Initiative:
Alice - 19
Lieria - 18
Bats - 16
Ishmee - 12
Vinny - 10
Nym - 5

The bats are swarming down on the top ledge. Alice and Lieria can go before the bats.

Nym is up top. Ishmee is up top on the other side. Everyone else is at the bottom in the water.

IC post is coming right up.
Oct 4, 2019 8:01 pm
Wait Vinny and Lieria are in the boat right?
Oct 4, 2019 8:07 pm
NinjaTeeHart says:
Wait Vinny and Lieria are in the boat right?
Yep. Y'all are at the bottom. And yes you have to wait. Bats go before you. ;-)
Oct 4, 2019 9:00 pm
If I use a hold action to blast them with conjure flame will it connect when they get in range, or will I need to be up top/standing back for a better angle?
Oct 4, 2019 9:25 pm
I think what you want is the Ready Action.
Quote:
When you ready a spell, you cast it as normal but hold its energy, which you release with your reaction when the trigger occurs. To be readied, a spell must have a casting time of 1 action, and holding onto the spell's magic requires concentration. If your concentration is broken, the spell dissipates without taking effect. For example, if you are concentrating on the web spell and ready magic missile, your web spell ends, and if you take damage before you release magic missile with your reaction, your concentration might be broken.
So, if you mean the spell Produce Flame, then it would work, because it has a casting time of 1 action. You cast the spell now before the bats go, hold it by Concentrating, and then when/if they come into range where you can see them, you can blast them.
Oct 4, 2019 11:19 pm
Wow it appears I have approximate knowledge of the defined names, but yes that would be great, thanks.

Rolls

Produce flame - (1d20+5, 1d8)

1d20+5 : (7) + 5 = 12

1d8 : (4) = 4

Oct 5, 2019 12:03 am
-The bats swarm in Nym.
-Lieria burns the bats for 4 HPs. Lieria, write that up however you like.
-The bats attack Nym.

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Damage - (2d4)

(13) = 4

Oct 5, 2019 12:04 am
-The bats miss Nym. Nym, write that up however you like.

Everyone else, y'all are up! People down at the water can hit the bats. The swarm is big enough that they "hang over" the edge of the cliff.
Oct 5, 2019 12:56 am
Backing up to jump across the chasm. Then attacking some bats.

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+5)

(13) + 5 = 18

Damage - (1d8+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Oct 5, 2019 1:03 am
Nym moves Hex to the new bats as a bonus action, then attacks with his scimitar as an action.

...and misses again. >:(
Last edited October 5, 2019 1:04 am

Rolls

Scimitar (Attack Roll) - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Oct 5, 2019 1:08 am
With Alice on the ladder, can Vinny make an acrobatics or athletics check to try to scale the wall and only using the side of the ladder to get around her?
Oct 5, 2019 1:27 am
Since she's at the very bottom of the ladder at the boat (and not posting), I don't see a need to roll to get around her. Just head on up. You can write it up as athletic or acrobatic as you like.
Oct 5, 2019 2:01 am
Alrighty, Vinny will climb up and take a swing as well with his scimitar.

Neat! Total damage (if I get sneak attack for having an enemy of the bats within 5 ft of the bats) would be 11.
Last edited October 5, 2019 2:02 am

Rolls

Bat slash - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

Damage if needed - (1d6+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Sneak attack! - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Oct 5, 2019 11:00 am
You have a couple of choices here. The ladder is 20' of difficult terrain, so you can't make it all the way to the top in one move. Best you can do is stop 5' from the top of the ladder, which, given how big the swarm is, still makes you adjacent to your enemy. So....

-You can move 15' up the ladder and attack with Disadvantage and no Sneak Attack. Remember, attacks made from the ladder are at a Disadvantage, and attacks made at a Disadvantage can't be used for Sneak Attacks. If this is what you want to do, just roll another D20 to hit and take the lower of the two rolls to see if you hit. The AC of the swarm is 12.

-You can take the Dash action and move all the way onto the ledge, ready to attack on the next turn.

-You can make a ranged attack at Disadvantage from the boat.
Oct 5, 2019 11:07 am
Lieria, we are back to the top of the initiative order. Feel free to post. Just keep in mind that Vinny might be on the ladder before you get to act.

Everyone, if we get Vinny sorted and Lieria's turn done today, I'll post again tonight.
Oct 5, 2019 11:31 am
OOC:
Ahh please wait. Calvas hasn't attacked
Crossbow attack

Rolls

(3) + 2 = 5

Possible damage - (1d8)

(2) = 2

Oct 5, 2019 11:37 am
New plan, Vinny is going to hold his action and defend Lieria, seeing as she has much more effective attacks that she can deal out. So he's going to pull out his scimitar and hold his action to attack the bats if they move down towards the boat.
Oct 5, 2019 12:17 pm
Sorry I missed Calvas. I marked him as having gone. Glad you caught it!

Vinny, sounds good to me.
Oct 6, 2019 5:16 pm
Sorry for the delay, was going to post yesterday but I passed out instead!

Just gonna do another produce flame for my turn.

Rolls

1d20+5 : (17) + 5 = 22

1d8 : (7) = 7

Oct 6, 2019 8:39 pm
Turn 5 Recap:
-Lieria roasted the bats for 4 HPs.
-Bats attacked Nym and missed.
-Ishmee leaped and slashed the bats for 4 HPs.
-Vinny protected Lieria.
-Nym slashed and missed.
-Calvas shot a bolt and missed.

Turn 6:
-Lieria roasted the bats for 7 HPs.
-The bats attack....

Rolls

Ishmee (1) or Nym (2) - (1d2)

(1) = 1

Attack - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Damage - (2d4)

(43) = 7

Oct 6, 2019 8:40 pm
Turn 6:
-The bats attack Ishmee and miss. Ishmee, write that up however you like.

Everyone else is up. IC post is coming right up.
Oct 6, 2019 9:00 pm
Attack!

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+5)

(9) + 5 = 14

Damage - (1d8+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

Oct 6, 2019 10:23 pm
Next attack on the swarm

Rolls

(18) + 2 = 20

Possible damage - (1d8)

(4) = 4

Oct 7, 2019 12:01 am
Nym will draw his second scimitar and attack twice (once as an action, once as a bonus action).

He inflicts 7 points of slashing damage and 1 point of necrotic damage.
Last edited October 7, 2019 1:40 am

Rolls

Attack Roll (Scimitar #1) - (1d20+4)

(11) + 4 = 15

Attack Roll (Scimitar #2) - (1d20+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Damage (Scimitar #1) - (1d6+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Damage (Hex #1) - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Oct 7, 2019 1:19 am
Vinny is gonna continue to hold his action for any of the bats if they get to close.
Oct 7, 2019 5:15 pm
ahhhh, sorry! Been so busy
Oct 7, 2019 10:41 pm
Turn 6:
-The bats attack Ishmee and miss.
-Ishmee hits for 11 HPs.
-Calvas hits for 4 HPs.
-Nym hits for 8 HPs.
-Vinny protects Lieria.

Turn 7:
Lieria gets to go again, then the bats!
Oct 7, 2019 10:43 pm
I assume alissia has been just standing there.
Oct 7, 2019 10:45 pm
She healed Lieria, but other than that, she's in the boat at the foot of the ladder.
Oct 7, 2019 10:52 pm
Okay, yay, she's not dead! But...she's just kinda zoned out.
Oct 8, 2019 4:21 am
Guess who's using produce flame again? Lets roll first this time. Aww shucks.
Last edited October 8, 2019 4:21 am

Rolls

1d20+5 : (4) + 5 = 9

1d8 : (3) = 3

Oct 8, 2019 7:31 am
Next, liera is gonna start calling Vinny baka and all will be right with the world. .
Oct 8, 2019 11:29 am
Turn 7:
-Lieria misses.
-Bats attack....

Rolls

Ishmee (1) or Nym (2) - (1d2)

(1) = 1

Attack - (1d20+4)

(16) + 4 = 20

Damage - (1d4)

(4) = 4

Oct 8, 2019 11:30 am
Turn 7:
-Lieria misses.
-Bats hit Ishmee for 4 HPs.

Everyone else is up. IC post is in the works.
Oct 8, 2019 12:34 pm
Nym attacks with both scimitars again.

Nice! 12 damage (7 slashing + 5 necrotic)
Last edited October 8, 2019 12:36 pm

Rolls

Attack Roll (Scimitar #1) - (1d20+4)

(14) + 4 = 18

Attack Roll (Scimitar #2) - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Damage (Scimitar #1) - (1d6+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Damage (Hex #1) - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Oct 8, 2019 5:42 pm
Shooting!

Rolls

(6) + 2 = 8

Possible damage - (1d8)

(3) = 3

Oct 8, 2019 10:00 pm
Nym kills off the rest of the bats!
Oct 9, 2019 9:14 am
Yay! :D
I’ve added the temporary HP from Dark One’s Blessing to Nym’s current HP.
Oct 11, 2019 10:41 pm
Hey all, sorry if it was unclear but Vinny is on the southern ledge with Ishmee, in case that changes anything
Oct 12, 2019 8:38 pm
NinjaTeeHart says:
Hey all, sorry if it was unclear but Vinny is on the southern ledge with Ishmee, in case that changes anything
That works. I'll post again to clarify.
Oct 12, 2019 8:50 pm
Looks good to me too. Either side is fine for everyone.
Oct 13, 2019 12:31 pm
Investigating the cart...

Dang it.
Last edited October 13, 2019 12:34 pm

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Oct 13, 2019 1:46 pm
So Calvas is going to lean out far enough that the cage is within the 30' range of Mage Hand? I'm game if that will work. What do I need to roll?
Oct 13, 2019 1:57 pm
The map is a bit isometric at the point of the cages, so it does look like the cage would be in the square that is 30 from the square I put Calvas in on the map. You'd have to lean him way out into the square for this to work with little to brace yourself against. So a roll probably is justified. Roll Athletics and make the difficulty lucky 13.
Oct 14, 2019 11:32 am
CaystoddToday at 7:23 AM
@Scrol Are you casting Mage Hand, because it only lasts for 60 seconds. But the first cage is empty, so you won't need to do any rummaging there. Also, we first need that roll from @Wratched to see if you don't fall in the first five seconds. :smile:

WratchedToday at 7:28 AM
I’m gonna be away from my computer until tonight. You can roll for me.

CaystoddToday at 7:32 AM
:thumbsup:

Rolls

Ishmee Athletics - (1d20+5)

(6) + 5 = 11

Oct 14, 2019 11:49 am
Lieria, Alissia, and Nym need to make Constitution Saves.
Oct 14, 2019 11:52 am
Constitution, oh yay

Rolls

Roll to not die - (1d20+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Oct 14, 2019 11:53 am
She gone die.
Oct 14, 2019 12:02 pm
:/

Rolls

Constitution Saving Throw - (1d20+1)

(10) + 1 = 11

Oct 14, 2019 4:58 pm
Oh goodie.

Rolls

Con save - (1d20+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Oct 14, 2019 5:05 pm
WHYAREWEALLSOBADATTHESEROLLS?
Oct 15, 2019 12:42 pm
The DC was 10. It is a poison effect. Everyone who failed the save begins vomiting violently for the next five minutes and has 1 level of Exhaustion going forward. Y'all post that however you like, and then tell me what you are doing next.

Calvas and Vinny, the only thing of value in the cage that you can get out is the broach on that cloak. Everything else that came out was rotten clothes and bones (no skull).
Oct 16, 2019 7:12 am
Investigate broach

Rolls

Religion (Int) - (1d20+2)

(19) + 2 = 21

Oct 16, 2019 7:55 pm
It is an archaic version of the holy iconography of the deity Hathor, the goddess of love, music, and motherhood. It is hard to say how old the physical object is, but that version of the symbol dates back hundreds of years.
Oct 16, 2019 7:57 pm
wait....that name sounds familiar...
Oct 16, 2019 7:58 pm
THATS WHY! ITS MY DEITY!!!!
Oct 17, 2019 1:15 am
I'm jumping the gap to the wooden platform. Do I need to roll?
Oct 17, 2019 2:08 am
On the map it looks like they are much farther apart than you can jump, but if you measure from base to base of the ledges, it looks like it is very very close. Also, the bridge is going to start falling apart when you land on it, so you'll need to catch yourself. Roll Strength (Athletics) vs DC 12 to see what happens.
Oct 17, 2019 3:31 am
Any kind of roll required to figure out how long the poison will last/if it can be easily removed?
Oct 18, 2019 12:28 am
Interesting question. How about this? If you are willing to examine one of the other packages and risk getting another face full, then I'd allow an Intelligence (Nature) roll, DC 20 to answer those two questions. If you take one of the pouches back and spend some (risky) time studying it, you can get those answers and more without a roll.
Oct 18, 2019 3:19 am
Oof DC 20 is a bit much for me given the situation. I will however gladly take a sample back to the lab.
Oct 19, 2019 1:55 am
Caystodd says:
Roll Strength (Athletics) vs DC 12 to see what happens.

Rolls

Strength (Athletics) - (1d20+5)

(18) + 5 = 23

Nov 5, 2019 2:04 am
Onward to more action!

Update coming early tomorrow morning. Let the arrows fly!
Nov 5, 2019 12:52 pm
Here we go!

-You are in a narrow tunnel (see the map I posted in the IC thread). There is a ladder up to a small ledge to your left. Nothing but tunnel everywhere else.

-Up ahead, 60' away from your current position, the tunnel opens in to a wider cavern (see the image I posted in the IC thread). At the mouth of that cavern you can see four heads and four sets of red eyes. I have marked those basic positions with little heads on the map. And arrows are flying in your direction.

-The water is chest deep on a human and flowing at a moderate speed. Unless someone spends their entire round doing nothing but stopping the boat from moving, the boat will continue to float toward the cavern entrance at 10' per round. If you want to go faster, someone can spend their action each round to row or push with the pole. That will double the speed to 20' per round.

-Anyone hiding behind Ishmee or lying down in the boat gives the attackers Disadvantage on their attacks. If, however, you return fire or otherwise put yourself into a position to attack, you lose that protection. Ishmee, since you are in the front of the boat, if you do anything other than fight/defend yourself (i.e. if you start rowing), attacks against you have Advantage. Anyone in the water will cause the attackers to attack with Disadvantage at this distance. But you will have Disadvantage on your attacks as well since the water is moving pretty quickly now. There is no need for swimming checks at this time.

Everyone roll Initiative. If you bet their initiative you can act next. Otherwise, wait on me. The creatures are taking cover behind rocks and ledges, so attacks against them have Disadvantage.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

Nov 5, 2019 12:58 pm
:)

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(14) + 2 = 16

Nov 5, 2019 1:00 pm
Rolling initiative

Awesome..... haha
Last edited November 5, 2019 1:00 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Nov 5, 2019 2:48 pm
Iniiiiitiatiiiiive

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Nov 5, 2019 5:33 pm
i know it was to quietttttttttt

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Nov 5, 2019 5:33 pm
oh god frick
Nov 5, 2019 11:36 pm
Rolling.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+3)

(13) + 3 = 16

Nov 6, 2019 1:03 am
Arrows!

Rolls

Initaitive - (1d20+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Nov 6, 2019 2:13 am
Two of the creatures duck out of sight. The remaining two are shooting at Ishmee.

Rolls

Attack 1 - (1d20+4)

(19) + 4 = 23

Damage 1 - (1d4+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Attack 2 - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

Damage 2 - (1d4+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Nov 6, 2019 2:14 am
That's two hits for 10 points of damage. You can write that up however you like.

Everyone is up. Have at them.
Nov 6, 2019 2:32 am
Vinny is going to spend his turn stopping the boat unless you all want to go faster? Let me know!
Nov 6, 2019 6:54 am
Casting goodberry as insurance!

@Ninja I have no particular opinion, unless we can just speed past them lol.
Nov 6, 2019 10:08 am
Nym uses his bonus action to transfer Hex to one of the creatures he can see and then fires an Eldritch Blast at it as an action.

@NinjaTeeHart: I think we should probably stay as far back as possible… so no objections from me.

Rolls

(15) + 4 = 19

Eldritch Blast (Attack Roll) - Disadvantage - (1d20+4)

(7) + 4 = 11

Nov 6, 2019 11:30 am
Calvas casts the 'Sleep'-spell at the creature that Nym didn't attack. Sleep affects an area of 20 feet diameter and so he tries to reach one of the ducked fighters too. If possible

Rolls

Sleep (Affected hit points) - (5d8)

(76221) = 18

Nov 6, 2019 10:33 pm
The eldritch blast misses, but the sleep spell takes the one you can see out. The red eyes wink out and the shadowy head disappears behind the stones.
Nov 7, 2019 2:28 am
Bitch.

Shooting back.

Rolls

1d20+3 - (1d20+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

1d20+3

(9) + 3 = 12

1d8+1

(4) + 1 = 5

Nov 8, 2019 12:39 am
Another arrow is coming at . . .

Rolls

Liera (1) or Calvas (2) - (1d2)

(2) = 2

Attack - (1d20+4)

(11) + 4 = 15

Damage - (1d4+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Nov 8, 2019 12:40 am
That's a hit on Calvas for 4 HPs. Write that up however you like.
Nov 8, 2019 6:46 am
Shooting dah things

Rolls

Shoots - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Hurts - (1d8+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Nov 9, 2019 12:09 am
There is nothing currently to shoot at. Also, when there was something to shoot at hiding behind those rocks, shooting at them is at Disadvantage.
Nov 9, 2019 5:16 pm
so she's now shooting at nothing
Nov 11, 2019 11:08 pm
More critters attack!

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Nov 11, 2019 11:11 pm
Here is the new Initiative order:

1. The following can post now (in any order) - Nym, Calvas, Alissia, and Lieria

2. Then the critters will attack

3. Then Vinny, Ishmee can post (in any order)

REMEMBER!

-Up ahead, 60' away from your current position, the tunnel opens in to a wider cavern (see the image I posted in the IC thread). At the mouth of that cavern you can see two heads and two sets of red eyes. I have marked those basic positions with little heads on the map.

-The water is chest deep on a human and flowing at a moderate speed. Unless someone spends their entire round doing nothing but stopping the boat from moving, the boat will continue to float toward the cavern entrance at 10' per round. If you want to go faster, someone can spend their action each round to row or push with the pole. That will double the speed to 20' per round.

-Anyone hiding behind Ishmee or lying down in the boat gives the attackers Disadvantage on their attacks. If, however, you return fire or otherwise put yourself into a position to attack, you lose that protection. Ishmee, since you are in the front of the boat, if you do anything other than fight/defend yourself (i.e. if you start rowing), attacks against you have Advantage. Anyone in the water will cause the attackers to attack with Disadvantage at this distance. But you will have Disadvantage on your attacks as well since the water is moving pretty quickly now. There is no need for swimming checks at this time.

The creatures are taking cover behind rocks and ledges, so attacks against them have Disadvantage.
Nov 12, 2019 4:15 am
Eldritch Blast again.

Rolls

(16) + 4 = 20

Eldritch Blast (Attack Roll) - Disadvantage - (1d20+4)

(11) + 4 = 15

(6) = 6

Nov 12, 2019 5:14 am
I will row the boat either direction depending on what we decide on, as I cannot attack in any way right now. (I guess that makes it readying an action?) Prefer to move forward.
Nov 12, 2019 5:42 am
Crossbow attack

Rolls

Crossbow attack - (1d20)

(2) = 2

+ Disadvantage - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Nov 12, 2019 5:21 pm
Time to d-d-d-duel

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Hurt - (1d8+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Attack - (1d20+2)

(19) + 2 = 21

Hurt - (1d8+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Nov 12, 2019 5:22 pm
Imma guess 11 is a miss?
Nov 12, 2019 6:02 pm
Caystodd, if I put myself and my shield in the front of the boat and everyone else ducked down or just leaned over the side to row, would all the attacks on us be at Disadvantage? How many turns would it take for us to get there. What would our speed be?
Nov 13, 2019 1:58 am
Nym's 15 hits and that monster's head disappears into the darkness. Alissia's 11 misses.
Wratched says:
Caystodd, if I put myself and my shield in the front of the boat and everyone else ducked down or just leaned over the side to row, would all the attacks on us be at Disadvantage? How many turns would it take for us to get there. What would our speed be?
I like that plan so yes. Disadvantage all around.

As for rowing speed....DMG says 1 MPH for a rowboat which is 8.8 feet per round. Wikipedia says that a rowboat is typically capable of 3-4 MPH 26.4-35.2 feet per round. It is a big old boat, everyone is taking cover, and you don't have proper oars, but you do have multiple people rowing/pushing and the current is with you.

So let's to this. The current gets you 10' per round for free. And everyone who spends their action to row/push the boat can move the boat another 10' in a round up to a maximum of 60' per round. So the current moves the boat 10' and Lieria moves the boat another 10' this round. On his turn, Vinny can move it another 10'.
Nov 13, 2019 2:01 am
The creature is going to attack Vinny this time.

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+4)

(10) + 4 = 14

Damage - (1d4+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Nov 13, 2019 2:03 am
Vinny is knocked down to 0 HPs and goes down. Ishmee, you're up.
Nov 13, 2019 12:10 pm
Forward to attack I guess.

We are all going to die. :-D

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+3)

(15) + 3 = 18

Attack - (1d20+3)

(16) + 3 = 19

Damage - (1d8+1)

(8) + 1 = 9

Nov 13, 2019 12:10 pm
Sweet.
Nov 13, 2019 7:03 pm
Right now, there are no visible targets and you are 40' from the entrance to the cavern. What do you do?

https://i.imgur.com/NJlrpMq.jpg
Nov 13, 2019 8:46 pm
Rowin'! Forward I should say.
Last edited November 13, 2019 8:47 pm
Nov 14, 2019 12:28 am
With 10' per round from the current, that puts us 20' from the cavern, right? Can we see it yet? :-D

Ishmee is still holding her position as human shield.
Nov 14, 2019 11:48 pm
Calvas and Nym makes that 40' and puts you in the cavern.

https://i.imgur.com/0oGekej.jpg

IC post is in the works.
Nov 15, 2019 5:42 am
Restoring 1 hp to Vinny so he gets up.
Nov 15, 2019 9:32 pm
I have a hunch that in our current state, we do not want to be in this room when the clock strikes 12.

Also, Ishmee definitely wants to be in this room when the clock strikes 12.
Nov 17, 2019 2:32 pm
Hey all, sorry about that I'm back now. Hectic few weeks!
Nov 17, 2019 6:04 pm
Remaining in the boat for when we inevitably have to make a sudden escape.
Nov 18, 2019 11:32 pm
Rolling to investigate the footprints...

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+4)

(19) + 4 = 23

Nov 19, 2019 11:41 am
Quote:
If you plan on taking your time to search (a couple of minutes—well after the countdown will have expired), no. If you plan on searching hastily or just in your immediate vicinity and then give up on the task, yes. Roll Wisdom (Perception).
@Wratched
I'll search hastily.

Rolls

Wisdom (Perception) - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Nov 22, 2019 3:08 am
Sorry I didn't get to post today. I'll post tomorrow before dinner.
Nov 23, 2019 1:43 am
Calvas, if you plan on taking your time to search (a couple of minutes—well after the countdown will have expired), no need to roll. You'll find everything there is to find. If you searching hastily or just in your immediate vicinity then Roll Wisdom (Perception).

https://i.imgur.com/60PfiVQ.jpg
Nov 26, 2019 12:47 pm
I'm taking Nym's last post as the cue that you are leaving. We haven't had a post that was serious about staying in three days, so unless someone makes such a post before I get home from class today, that's what we'll go with.
Nov 27, 2019 1:53 am
Bad news. Life at the moment is requiring me to retire from this site for the foreseeable future. Our game will have to end here. Sorry for the short notice. I knew this was coming, but thought I might dodge the bullet. :(

I hope to get back here eventually to retire the came and tidy this up. Not sure if that will happen or not.
Nov 29, 2019 2:20 am
Hope everything is alright, thanks for the ride!!!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.