General OOC

load previous
Sep 5, 2019 12:02 am
Nice!

Creature blasted. It disappears into the darkness and cover of the ledge. It might be dead and have fallen over or it might have slinked away.

Everyone, post (in any order) what you are doing now. Keep your actions to about what you could accomplish on a single round of combat. ;-)

https://i.imgur.com/o0QA1Xb.jpg
Sep 5, 2019 12:06 am
If Nym reduces a creature to 0 HP, he gets 3 temporary hit points. While we don't technically know whether or not that creature is dead... what's Nym's HP looking like?
Last edited September 5, 2019 12:08 am
Sep 5, 2019 1:06 am
No change. You don't feel the Dark One's Blessing feeding you dark energy.
Sep 5, 2019 12:08 pm
Vinny is going to not do any perception check as his action was to attack, but there’s nothing to attack. I’m gonna edit the post to say he sheathed his scimitar. His over confidence is showing haha
Sep 5, 2019 3:35 pm
Just a quick reminder, top left, bottom right, bottom middle, and now top ledge are all dead ends. You could examine them more closely if you like. From a distance they appear to end in cracks, holes, fissures, etc. just like the ledge does. The river flows down from the top and off the right side of the map. The tunnel out of which the river flows goes back as far as anyone can see. Same for the tunnel to the right. The river appears to be the only obvious way out of the cavern.

Also, this....

https://i.imgur.com/KJEOa2L.jpg

You can have another round of actions before the clock ends. Make it clear in your next post where you are. ;-)
Sep 5, 2019 4:02 pm
Do any of the casters know prestidigitation?
Last edited September 5, 2019 4:04 pm
Sep 5, 2019 4:09 pm
NinjaTeeHart says:
Do any of the casters know prestidigitation?
Mine does not unfortunately
Sep 5, 2019 4:12 pm
I know Thaumaturgy, which seems to be mostly the same
Sep 5, 2019 4:45 pm
Vinny is going to dive in and swim either back to shore or the boat, but let’s see if he can actually swim
Very far this time.....

Hahahaha well this will not be an overly graceful entry, but at least I can go the distance.

Do I need to take any fall damage?
Last edited September 5, 2019 4:46 pm

Rolls

Front flip dive (acrobatics) - (1d20+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Athletics check for swimming - (1d20-1)

(13) - 1 = 12

Sep 5, 2019 5:26 pm
I feel like the river is a tad shallow to dive in lol.
Sep 5, 2019 8:39 pm
NinjaTeeHart says:
Do I need to take any fall damage?
You took the dice in hand and failed. I think you should. There's no rule for falling into water in 5e. Google tells me that in Pathfinder the first 20' did no damage if the water was at least 10' deep. This water isn't and you are falling more than 20'. So, let's say 1d3 bludgeoning damage from hitting the bottom.

Rolls

Falling Damage to Vinny - (1d3)

(3) = 3

Sep 5, 2019 9:14 pm
Fair enough, I’ll only play him this abruptly reactive until he hits his head a few times and learns a lesson or two, and I’ll do my best to put only Vinny in harms way as his character develops
Sep 6, 2019 2:53 pm
oopsylon says:
"Great. Yes. Okay." Nym walks over to the nearest boarded-up wall and, with Alissia’s help, begins to pull on the boards.
Caystodd says:
and there were places where the walls had been shored up with boards.
oopsylon, roll d100. Since you both are pulling on the shoring boards, let's make the chance of a cave-in 4% (01%-04%).

Also, here comes another baddie! Where does he come out (starting at the top left and going clockwise, excluding the ledge).

Rolls

Baddie location - (1d3)

(3) = 3

Sep 6, 2019 2:57 pm
Monster Initiative! I'll roll monster initiative in this post. If your previous initiative roll ties or beats the creature's you can act first.

Initiatives:
Nym - 4
Lieria - 11
Vinny - 14
Calvas - 1
Alice - 6
Ishmee - 9

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(19) + 2 = 21

Sep 6, 2019 2:59 pm
Monster is going first! Is he going after Calvas (1), Lieria (2), or Vinny (3)?

Rolls

Target - (1d3)

(2) = 2

Attack - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Damage - (1d3+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Sep 6, 2019 3:00 pm
That's an attack on Lieria that misses. I'll make an IC post and y'all can then post/attack in any order. Alice and Nym, if you do manage to roll a cave-in, let's handle that before you take your turns.
Sep 6, 2019 3:06 pm
Caystodd says:
oopsylon, roll d100. Since you both are pulling on the shoring boards, let's make the chance of a cave-in 4% (01%-04%).
Oh, no. I'm such a dumbass XD

Rolls

Cave-in? - (1d100)

(89) = 89

Sep 6, 2019 3:16 pm
Okay, no worries there. Everyone can post in any order to move and attack the creature. Check your vision range, your weapon range, and your move, but otherwise, roll away. The creature is AC 15 and moving fast.
Sep 6, 2019 3:57 pm
Calvas casts the 'Sleep' spell

Rolls

Sleep (hit points) - (5d8)

(83478) = 30

Sep 6, 2019 4:26 pm
Nice roll! The creature is asleep.

Calvas, I don't see anywhere on your sheet or character post where you are tracking how many spell slots you have remaining. Please track that somewhere visible to me (up to you).

Everyone else who hasn't acted on this round, what are you doing? The creature is asleep for 10 rounds.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.