General OOC

load previous
Sep 4, 2019 12:57 am
Caystodd says:
I am going to guess that you are casting Dancing Lights. It has a range of 120' which is the same range as your Dark Vision, so you can see as far as the light can go up that tunnel. It's a dark, river-filled tunnel as far as you can see. So if you want to send that light someone else, go for it.
Oh, I know :D
It was mostly for Alissia’s sake since she’s the only one who cannot see in the dark as far as I am aware.
Sep 4, 2019 11:50 am
Forgot I couldn't. Thought it was cute.
Sep 4, 2019 12:06 pm
Okay, time for action! Here is the Stealth roll from the baddies!

Rolls

Stealth +6 - (1d20+6)

(20) + 6 = 26

Sep 4, 2019 12:10 pm
Nuuu, don't kill nym and Alissia, cute moment.
Sep 4, 2019 12:12 pm
Well, there you go.

1. Everyone, make a Wisdom (Perception) check. If you get 26 or better or roll a natural 20, then you know the attack is coming and can act on the surprise round.

2. Vinny, make a Strength (Athletics) check DC 10. If you make the check you can be on the ladder or back on the shore (your choice) when the attack comes. If you fail, you will be treading water when the attack comes.

Quick action post coming right up.
Sep 4, 2019 12:15 pm
Beep boop time to die

Rolls

Perception check - (1d20+3)

(14) + 3 = 17

Sep 4, 2019 12:15 pm
Athletics -1

Perception, I’m gonna take disadvantage since Vinny’s swimming and no way is that conducive to noticing the environment around him. I realize it doesn’t mean much with such a high DC but it’s the principle haha

Rolls

Perception 1 - (1d20+2)

(11) + 2 = 13

Perception 2 - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Athletics - (1d20-1)

(7) - 1 = 6

Sep 4, 2019 12:16 pm
Lovely.... this is gonna be awesome
Sep 4, 2019 12:16 pm
:P

Rolls

Perception Check - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Sep 4, 2019 12:55 pm
Here's hoping for a natural 20.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Sep 4, 2019 12:55 pm
Close. :-D
Sep 4, 2019 2:15 pm
NinjaTeeHart says:
Perception, I’m gonna take disadvantage since Vinny’s swimming and no way is that conducive to noticing the environment around him. I realize it doesn’t mean much with such a high DC but it’s the principle haha
I like it. Have a D4 Inspiration Die. You are right that it isn't much of a disadvantage in this particular situation, but I did start the fight while you were in the middle of the water, trying to do something both interesting and brave. I like that.

Add the D4 to your sheet. It works just like Bardic Inspiration. You have to use it during this fight or shortly after (about 10 minutes), but you can use it after you roll even if you know the result because I gave you the DC in advance (because I almost always will).
Sep 4, 2019 2:21 pm
Thanks! Instead of to my sheet, I’m going to add it to my thread, so I can update when I use it, along with HP.
Sep 4, 2019 2:37 pm
Perfect.

Everyone, while we wait for the rest of the rolls to come in, I'll go ahead and post the tactical bits about the map. I'll repost this on the next round as well, so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

Battle Map Features:
1. The commanding height of the ledge gives the attacking creature Advantage on its attack rolls against everyone down below.

2. 1 square = 5'. Be mindful of how far you can see. Count the squares. The torch casts its light to the edge of the water and no farther (30' radius).

3. Moving through the water costs double as per the PHB. However, the water isn't flowing overly fast and isn't particularly deep in most spots, so if you can succeed at a Strength (Athletics) check, DC 10, you can move normally. If you fail the roll, you still have to move into the water, half your move. You can't fail your swim roll and then decide not to swim. :-) If you end your turn in the water, your attacks are at a Disadvantage. If you take the Dodge action while in the water (i.e. ducking beneath the water), you don't need to make the Dex save. All attacks against you are at a Disadvantage so long as you are Dodging.

4. The raised walls (what look like piles of boulders) on the top left, bottom right, and right in the middle of the map, do not go all the way to the top of the cavern. They are about 15' high. If you are behind them, you have total cover from the creature on the ledge. There is room for one person to take cover at the edge of each end of these. Doing so gives you 3/4 cover.

5. There is room for one person to stand in the doorway you came in. That provides 3/4 cover from the attacker on the ledge.

6. The boat provides 1/2 cover from the attacker on the ledge.

7. Climbing the ladder on the middle top of the map cost double movement. It is about 25' high. Attacks from the ladder at at a Disadvantage.
Sep 4, 2019 2:56 pm
Pre-emptive initiative for the sleepy Australian

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Sep 4, 2019 3:53 pm
Perception roll

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(11) + 3 = 14

Sep 4, 2019 4:12 pm
Perception and Initiative.

Stay safe Caystodd!

Rolls

Perception - (1D20+5)

(11) + 5 = 16

Initiative - (1D20+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

Sep 4, 2019 4:23 pm
Initiative

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Sep 4, 2019 4:28 pm
Okay, that's everyone. Only the beasty acts on the surprise round.

The creature attacks (by first names, in alphabetical order)....

Rolls

Target - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Attack Roll - (1d20+4)

(12) + 4 = 16

Attack Roll (Advantage) - (1d20+4)

(7) + 4 = 11

Damage - (1d3+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Sep 4, 2019 4:45 pm
#4 alphabetically by first name is Lieria!

She is hit (AC 16) by the goo and is burned for 5 HPs.

Now it is time to roll initiative. I'll roll the creature's here in this post. Everyone who hasn't already, roll your Initiative. If you beat or tie what I roll here, you can post now and take your action. You can post in any order as long as you tie or beat what I roll here. If you roll below what I roll here, you'll have to wait until after the monster takes its turn.

The creature has an AC of 15 (thanks to the half cover from the ledge).

Rolls

Creature Initiative - (1d20+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.