General OOC

load previous
Aug 31, 2019 5:37 pm
fixed it
Aug 31, 2019 5:54 pm
No problem. I like to check out what people pick as their spells and whatnot to keep in mind. Sometimes people prefer to keep them private which is also valid.
Aug 31, 2019 6:16 pm
somebox says:

Go to your characters page, and to the right of all your characters are several icons, selecting the book shaped one so that it is glowing red means it's public, so anyone can look at it. By default only the gm can see people's sheets.
Qu
Uhhh. Didn't know about that. Thanks
Last edited August 31, 2019 6:18 pm
Aug 31, 2019 9:55 pm
So, is that everyone done? We have 6 character threads.
Sep 1, 2019 8:28 pm
In case you missed it in the chat . . .
Quote:
CaystoddToday at 4:04 PM
You guys are the elite of the elite, from the "top 1%" to use modern terms. You can have just about any prior relationship you can think of. Once we get the game rolling, I'll be asking each of you to tell me about your kingdoms, and we'll start working on a map. For now, we'll just wing it. But you can assume you have traveled, known, met, whatever each other if you like.

CaystoddToday at 4:06 PM
I have unlocked the game thread. I think we need a first post from @Wratched since this was her idea. Once she's posted, y'all jump in.

MelanqoliaToday at 4:20 PM
Does it matter who goes next?

CaystoddToday at 4:20 PM
Not to me.
While we have six people in one thread, give everyone a chance to chime in before anyone gets too far ahead of things.
Sep 1, 2019 8:44 pm
Calvas investigates the door if it's stuck or locked

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Sep 1, 2019 8:49 pm
Vinny checking for a lock he could pick. Should I roll it myself or count it as helping Calvas?

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Sep 2, 2019 4:29 am
Perception check for Nym who is keeping a lookout

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Sep 2, 2019 1:22 pm
A few quick notes about skills and rolls:

1. I don't operate by the standard D&D "Roll when you are unsure of the outcome" rule. I operate by the "Roll when the possibility of failure is interesting" rule. This means there is no need to roll in any situation where I don't ask for one.

2. Also, I aggressively apply the "failed progress" rule on PHB 74.
Quote:
"Otherwise, it is a failure, which means the character or monster makes no progress toward the objective or makes progress combined with a setback determined by the DM.
If you want to risk randomness and possible chaos, roll away, even if I haven't asked for a roll. I generally ignore all the successes I didn't ask for and dream up interesting setbacks for all the failures, whether I asked for the roll or not! :-D

In my games, every time you take the (virtual) dice into your (virtual) hand, you always risk awesomeness and disaster in equal measure. Many times I will require rolls. For all the other times, I leave it to you as to how often you want to tempt fate.
Sep 2, 2019 1:23 pm
oooh, cool
Sep 2, 2019 2:59 pm
[ +- ] Spoiler

Rolls

Athletics +5 - (1d20+5)

(12) + 5 = 17

With Advantage - (1d20+5)

(16) + 5 = 21

Sep 2, 2019 3:02 pm
Great! Let's get a post from Calvas as he joins in and reaction posts from everyone else (if you want), and then I'll post again.
Sep 2, 2019 4:52 pm
Okay, the door is open! Cavas and Ishmee have had their spotlight time. Let's see what the others can do in the spotlight. Ya'll, just don't get too far in your next posts. Once everyone else has made a post detailing what they are doing, I'll post again.

Caystodd sent a note to oopsylon
Sep 2, 2019 5:13 pm
Perception check for Calvas scanning the room

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(16) + 3 = 19

Sep 2, 2019 5:58 pm
Perception check

Rolls

Perception scanning the room - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Sep 2, 2019 7:01 pm
Well I guess we're doing the rolling here.

Rolling perception. Are those mushrooms on the wall and is that green area water? If so are there any rolls I can make?

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(14) + 5 = 19

Sep 2, 2019 8:26 pm
somebox says:
Well I guess we're doing the rolling here.
Yep. In this game, all OOC stuff goes here: dice, OOC comments, notes, everything. I know some folks like to mix it all together in one thread. That's why I highlighted how we'd be doing it in this game in the game ad and in the first post in this thread.
somebox says:
Rolling perception. Are those mushrooms on the wall and is that green area water? If so are there any rolls I can make?
Once we hear from Nymril, I'll make an IC post that will tell everyone what they can see as they move into the dark cavern and how we might proceed.
Sep 3, 2019 7:14 pm
Okay, everyone post up and let me know what you are doing and where, and then we'll see about what rolls you might want (or not want) to make. Spread out or stick together, it's up to you.
somebox says:
"Splendid, let us proceed. We will need to do something about the door at some point." Staff and shield in hand she ignores the general tomfoolery of her tumbled peers after double checking everyone is fine. Satisfied she too enters, stepping over the fallen door sniffing the air and examining the place.
Point of clarification, the door hasn't fallen. The bar/lock/whatever that held it shut has been broken so that now both sides of the door swing freely open. If you shut it, it will probably hang shut, but more investigation is needed to see how badly damage the door and its mechanism(s) is.
Sep 3, 2019 10:49 pm
Lets roll to see if we can find out anything useful about these mushrooms.

Rolls

nature - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Sep 4, 2019 12:42 am
I'll include all this in my upcoming IC post but FYI . . .
NinjaTeeHart says:
laughing he climbs the ladder and looks over the ledge.
The ladder is in the top center of the map on the other side of the river. You'll have to swim out there or take the boat if you want to get to it. The water is moving steadily but not super fast (the DC shouldn't be too high). It's hard to tell how deep the water is in the dark, but if you walk to the water's edge and do a little bit of looking, you can tell that it is probably over your head but not by much.
oopsylon says:
With a wave of his hand, Nym summons four purplish glowing orbs and scatters them throughout the cave to help his friends (particularly Alissia) see. He sends one up the northward tunnel as far as it can go, one to the east, one on the ledge, and one orbiting Alissia's head.
I am going to guess that you are casting Dancing Lights. It has a range of 120' which is the same range as your Dark Vision, so you can see as far as the light can go up that tunnel. It's a dark, river-filled tunnel as far as you can see. So if you want to send that light someone else, go for it.
somebox says:
Lets roll to see if we can find out anything useful about these mushrooms.
Make a note that you took that sample. If you'd like to spend some time studying these mushrooms at some future time, you can make that roll again with Advantage.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.