OOC discusion thread

Sep 3, 2019 5:04 am
Welcome all to my homebrew campaign! I hope it will be a fun experience for you!

--
Here is where we will discuss the character creation, and other posible topics.
Sep 3, 2019 5:07 am
As you may see, I'm approving all who apply to my game, as I know there will be cases of future players dropping out. I'll adapt the difficulty of the encounters depending on the number of players, so as to keep it fair. I may decide on controlling your character after 2 days of inactivity so as to keep things moving.
Sep 3, 2019 5:13 am
Changes: Changing the time since the invasion event to be 50 years ago.

Stat distribution will be done by rolling 9 3d6. The top 6 values out of 9 will be used for your stats. If there is a majority preference for another method, I'll allow it.
Sep 3, 2019 12:22 pm
Depending on stats, I'm leaning towards a variant human cleric of some variety.

I like the alternate stat method, I'm interested to see what shakes out. Do you want the rolls for that done in here, or do you want a separate location for the actual character creation/leveling posts so they stay consolidated?
Sep 3, 2019 4:07 pm
OK, I'll set up a character creation thread for the stat rolling.
Sep 3, 2019 4:27 pm
Hi - thanks for the invite! I agree, liking the stat rolling method.
Sep 3, 2019 4:55 pm
Thanks for the invitation ^^
Sep 3, 2019 7:28 pm
Thanks for the invite. Good to see some familiar faces here. And some new.
Sep 3, 2019 8:05 pm
hey @discourage!
Sep 4, 2019 1:17 pm
Hey all. What is the party make up so far?
Sep 4, 2019 1:31 pm
I'm going with a dwarven Nature cleric. :)
Sep 4, 2019 4:21 pm
Earth Genasi Barbarian. Storm Herald if we make it that far.
Sep 4, 2019 4:23 pm
Sweet, sounds like we need a rogue. Tabaxi acceptable?
Sep 4, 2019 6:49 pm
Agreed. But you can't steal Thunder - we need him in Barovia!
Sep 4, 2019 7:29 pm
Human warlock of great old one patronage. I'm imagining a flexible, but not necessarily that powerful, caster. (Warlocks don't get that much in the way of spell slots)
Sep 4, 2019 8:00 pm
Actually, I'll take advantage of the Homebrew stuff and have my race be Angel of Death
Sep 4, 2019 8:10 pm
Cool! you and our cleric should have some interesting interactions!

I keep going back and forth about the homebrew, and you've inspired me. I'm choosing Lionfolk for my barbarian.
Sep 5, 2019 2:11 pm
Btw, it seems that I have more interested players than I initially anticipated. I suppose I'll give a limit of 8 players for those who manage to submit their characters to start first. If anyone drops out in future, I can ask the players who are in reserve to join in.

I kind of toyed with the idea of having an army of adventurers to invade the Abyss, but managing such a player size is very likely to be too overwhelming for me. 8 players will pose a fair challenge for me.
Sep 5, 2019 5:10 pm
Submited the character for analysis
Last edited September 5, 2019 6:36 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.