OOC discusion thread

load previous
Sep 21, 2019 5:10 am
@Chr2m: I am thinking of doing a mechanic where exploring the map can get give you xp as well. I did not 100% run this through, so its a good thing for you that you manage to get a level up before starting the quest.
Sep 21, 2019 10:47 pm
@Marcelomtn: Read it, thanks. That's why I was confused.
Sep 24, 2019 6:06 am
Can everyone tell me the name of the deity your character follow, and a short description about them if they are not based on Forgotten Realms.
Sep 24, 2019 12:34 pm
Tordek follows Marthammor Duin (one of the Forgotten Realms dwarven pantheon, god of wanderers).
Sep 24, 2019 1:37 pm
Mine's the Raven Queen, but I am not sure if that is FR or not.
Sep 24, 2019 8:26 pm
Emmiazo is a follower of Deneir, the Lord of All Glyphs and Images, but his relationship with his deity has been somewhat weakened by the mysterious patronage of Tharizdun, the Chained God.
Sep 25, 2019 4:23 pm
Thanks for the opportunity to join the campaign, but I'm taking on too many commitments right now and have to bow out. Good luck in the Abyss!
Sep 25, 2019 5:21 pm
Oh, well, thanks for joining! Now time to figure out how explain his character's disappearance...
Sep 26, 2019 5:00 am
@Marcelomtn: You can find the list of characters and their race/class in the 2 page of this thread. As for personality, you may see how they present themselves in roleplay, or look into the "Games" tab and find the list of players and their character sheets.
Sep 28, 2019 11:43 am
My character's deity is Selûne
Oct 5, 2019 6:44 am
I feel like there is a lack of posts despite the large group we have. What is reason for this to you personally? Is it the way I GM? Or is it just lack of time to post?
Oct 5, 2019 8:23 am
I would suggest a couple of things:
- with a larger group it can be more difficult to feel part of it - there's lots going on
- we haven't yet got to the stage whether the party members really know each other and have bonds to each other in-game. For a homebrew game I'm in run by zatatmando, we had a whole thread called "Character connections" before the game began where all the players jumped in to create shared back-story between the characters. Not everyone knows everyone, but everyone is linked to everyone through that backstory. I think this worked really well in setting up a game and getting player buy-in.
- I think you could probably do more to include "hooks" or "prompts" in your DM posts to drive the narrative forward, for example the below post doesn't have much in the way of prompting for the players to respond to (other than entering, which doesn't advance the narrative particularly)
RoAries says:
The door at the second level opens up, and a human man in armour and an elven man in red-purple robes are standing behind the door with troubled expressions.
"What is it you want?" Says the gruff man.
"You have visitors, Garold sir." Answered the guard.
"Oh, my bad, I'll see to them now. Let the rest of them come in."

The guard returns outside to signal to the rest of the adventurers to come in.
Players need agency, but they don't always need agency. In the above instance you could have moved the players into the room without compromising their agency significantly.

None of the above is meant as criticism, and all is my opinion only. I think you're doing a fine job of DMing. Please don't be discouraged.
Oct 5, 2019 4:09 pm
Thanks for your opinion, Discourage! I'll try to see if I can offer more prompts and have the players move through the scene if their action is straight forward. I'll try "character connections" next time. For now, the scene is the party deciding how to handle the massacre before them.
Oct 7, 2019 12:30 am
I'm still fully committed, fwiw. I think i could use some more prompts. that's just my preference though. otherwise with this much ambiguity and this large of a group, anything goes at this point.
Oct 7, 2019 2:53 am
BTW, what is Barcius's backstory? So that I have an idea of what he is like. Also, what languages does he know?
Oct 9, 2019 12:44 pm
Hello friends! Just noticed my application was accepted, so I wanted to know if there's a class the group feels it needs, I've a fondness for support roles (unconventional bards tend to be my favorite), but I've no qualms taking on other classes depending on what's needed (clerics tend to be my favorite of the big four).
Last edited October 9, 2019 12:45 pm
Oct 9, 2019 1:24 pm
Just to let you know, if you make a character now, it will be in reserve. As for classes, I feel that a melee class would balance out the spell casters, but you can ultimately still choose any class you want.
Oct 12, 2019 12:20 am
Barcius’s backstory:
Abandoned by his family after failing to save his younger sibling, he
was forced to fend for himself. Along the way he's strayed farther from
his lineage, but retained his inherent skills.

Languages:
Common, Draconic, Infernal
Oct 12, 2019 12:24 am
It should be worth noting that since I’m a feral teifling and my lineage was more inclined towards evil.
Oct 17, 2019 11:01 pm
Sorry everyone. I had a sudden conference at work and I won't be back until Monday. Sorry yall.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.