OOC Discussion Thread

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Dec 15, 2015 5:10 pm
Well, like in most RPGs, if it's something that's easy to do (say your character wants to start a car with a proper key, eat a sandwich, or put on pants), you just announce it and it's done.

If it's something that might prove more difficult to do (say your character was raised in a jungle as a small boy by poop-throwing apes and wants to start a car with a proper key, eat a sandwich, or put on pants), then you declare what their intentions are and I give you a difficulty number between 1-10. Then that Difficulty Number is added to a d10 roll for the Difficulty Total. You roll d10 and add your Current Strength to it. If your total is equal or greater than my Difficulty Total, you succeed.

For the sake of speeding things along you might say, "I wanna read this book." If it's an easy book to read "I'll say, okay you read it, and now have a craving for off-colored proteins." Or I might say, "Uh oh... This book has big words! Like Difficulty Number 7 big words!"

I'll then roll 1d10+7 and say, "Roll 1d10 + (your Current Strength) and roll equal or better than the Difficulty Total I rolled."
Dec 15, 2015 5:25 pm
If I get a tour of where things are being dumped at the landfill I want to figure out how to make a mural from above where locals probably won't notice. Don't know if that would be doable to begin with though.
Dec 15, 2015 7:27 pm
Hmm... Something HUGE overnight? Anything's probably possible in TWERPS... What sort of time frame are we talking about?.
Dec 15, 2015 8:40 pm
From when they let me in and leave and I scavenge the place for supplies, start work, until I get arrest, dragged out, or pass out... XD
Dec 15, 2015 8:46 pm
Okay cool, so like a project over time. Yeah that will probably be a lot easier to accomplish, but require multiple rolls.
Dec 15, 2015 8:59 pm
Cool I just have to win a ticket or sneak in...
Dec 30, 2015 2:03 pm
Did you want us to RP things out a bit more? (I haven't posted for a minute since I wasn't sure).
Dec 31, 2015 12:30 am
I'd say just get us to the landfill to spend the night and we'll go from there. Everyone's goal is pretty much to get to the grand opening for publicity.

//Handle
Jan 2, 2016 6:06 pm
No, you're good remnant. I wasn't sure if Devin and Julie were going to be opposed to Evan's volunteering them to the Landfill or if they had other ideas, but I've just gone on and assumed they're on board. I've posted by I've left it open still if they decide they have other ideas.
Jan 4, 2016 7:55 am
Just found out that I am getting sent to a month long training course for my job that will eat up all of my free time. I have to give up a month of my life for a higher paycheck, basically.

So I'm gonna have to put everything on hold until this training is over, including my games on this site. I will be back by mid-February though, don't forget about me!

I feel bad noting being able to play this game since it is low on players, perhaps advertising a super simple PBP game on reddit would attract some people?

//Handle

Edit: I'm still gonna be here, but I will most likely not have time to write I post I will be proud of. Consider me frozen, like that one guy in the Star Wars movie.
Last edited January 4, 2016 8:01 am
Jan 4, 2016 7:14 pm
Alright, well if we don't hear from you, good luck!
Jan 12, 2016 6:56 am
I'm not really sure what to do about the loss of a player here. We already started the game short of characters, and now we've lost another one. I was initially going to give control of Julie to another player now that they've headed to the landfill, but that doesn't seem right, especially as handle didn't really abandon the game, but got called for work training.

My other thought was to postpone the game until handle gets done in a few more weeks...

I was also wondering whether you guys have run out of steam yet.

Thoughts?
Jan 12, 2016 4:21 pm
Im okay with waiting I have enough to keep me busy with other games... Speaking of which I'll poke the other one we stalled in Fun
Jan 12, 2016 4:57 pm
I was wondering about that other one as well.
Jan 12, 2016 4:57 pm
I was wondering about that other one as well.
Jan 19, 2016 8:41 am
We could try to continue, with Handle's character as an NPC following our lead, or we could take a break. I don't have a strong preference either way. I've noticed that most of the games on the site went into a slump during the Christmas holidays, and haven't really recovered yet.
Feb 3, 2016 9:57 am
I AM ALIIIIIIVE

Well not really. I still have a week left, but I figure I would post. This last month has been a mass of stress and work, at least it's finally over. I should be able to start posting again on the 12th, hooray!

//Handle
Feb 3, 2016 4:21 pm
Great, we'll start up then with you all getting picked up from the motel and heading out for you night in the landfill.
Feb 4, 2016 2:50 am
I'm going to be at DunDraCon 40 starting on the 12th, so my posts will be terse and infrequent for that weekend.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.