Two hours before the event

load previous
Dec 9, 2015 9:52 pm
Triat smirked and then smiled towards departing Pha and his weirdo buddy. The smile was not addressed to the Pha, but was just her reaction to Pha's small departure performance... She was entertained by that young lad, who seemingly tried to pull alot attention to himself by his doings. Triat percieved that Pha young lad as person completely lacking any seriousness, and majority of his doings were entertaining more than anything else - so it was extremely hard to percieve anything he did as something meaningful, harming and serious enough.
Those two made a fitting pair. The second one recieved alot of attention because the first one was a vibrant attention magnet. They were complementing each other.

Then her attention switched from departing Pha and his friend towards the game installations, and she made few muscle flexing movements, assuring that all the parts of her well trained body will be warm and ready to go through any Rite's challenge. As usually, Tairt followed the flex in fraction of the second after her.

She loved her Tairt. She loved herself. She was special, and was able to experience something that is not obvious for other people - to have living and "breathing" self walking nearby and covering her back. Once she was thinking about how good it could be to have real breathing and living copy - sister, but Tairt had much more benfits - she was part of herself, she mirrored all her desires and thoughts, was extension, and probably, completely independent twin sister would be inferrior option.
Last edited December 9, 2015 9:59 pm
Dec 10, 2015 2:41 pm
Pha scans the area surveying the games and scratches his cheek.

I wonder where she is... not they would say that's cheating... Pha thought to himself looking around for the tall girl and what most thought of as her sister or twin.

"Do you like fish? If not maybe we can try finding something interesting..." Pha stated pointing from one area to the other. He didn't want to be close to the Mayor he always got in trouble for drifting off when the man spoke.
Dec 10, 2015 2:52 pm
Galen eyes the snitch catch station for a moment, but decides on something a bit more relaxing, "We should try to do something relaxing before the trials, how about we play the fishing game? Something to keep ourselves busy while we wait," he waits for an answer before heading over to the fishing station.

If Kveit isn't receptive to the idea, Galen won't go over there.
Dec 10, 2015 4:04 pm
Kveit wrinkles her nose, "No thanks, I've smelled that game before. You go on ahead, I'm going to walk around and see if I can find Carrick."
Dec 10, 2015 4:08 pm
Galen shrugs and walks over to the fishing game to see if he can win anything.
Dec 10, 2015 6:42 pm
Yaru shrugs. "Sure." He looks around a bit "I guess we could do the snitch thing and share the pie if we get it?" Yaru pats his stomach, "I could eat something."
Dec 10, 2015 7:34 pm
Walking up to the operator Pha looked at them and pointed and Yaru and himself, "Us two... we'll give it a go... Is there more than one pie to give out?"
Dec 12, 2015 7:17 pm
Galen approaches the Fishing Game and need only wait a few moments before getting a turn to chose. The three young children in front of him are all unlucky and pull red baubles. in near unison the 'PAFF' 'PAFF' 'PAFF' rings out and the air is filled with the horrid odor. The children laugh and run away with their noses clamped between their dirty little fingers. Coughing and chuckling the vendor dumps three more red baubles from the bucket next to his feet into the larger tub and stirs them in so that no one can tell one from the other again. Then he indicates to Galen that he may choose.

::This is technically a speed test, difficulty level 4. You may use points to lower the difficulty if you wish, but you also will want that for the next scene, your choice.:::

Pha and Yaru are looked up and down by Aram, the man running the Snitch Catch, "Aye, da Widow done offered up three pies this morning. They ain't done yet, should be de'ivered in an hour'o'so. Three more for tonight too. Runts like you ain't gonna catch the gold s'ip anyway."

"I think these ones are scrappier than they look, Aram." A pleasant voice come up behind Pha and Yaru, [b]"Wouldn't you say, Amburn?"[b] The pair turn to find Amburn and her mother standing a few feet away.

The young woman's cheeks color slightly when Pha makes eye contact, but she maintains her composure well, hesitating only a second before answering, [b]"I suppose you have a point, mother. At least when you can get them to focus and pay attention to the task at hand. Young boys are not unlike herding a group of laak most days."
Amburn is wearing her finest clothes today. A dress of deep blue that reminds you of the ocean just before a storm rolls in. Tufts of cream colored cloth accent the garment like cresting waves. Her hair is partially up in braids and held back by a series of gold chains adorned with small pieces of sea glass. ::Sea glass is an uncommon, but not precious, type of stone. It comes in various colors and clarity and is primarily used to make jewelry and accessories.:::

"In fact, Aram," the older woman says, "I will make you a wager. Two to one on each lad, that they win at least...a red level prize."

::So if it is unclear, the red slips are like getting second place. There are a 10 of them among the hundred. so it is still a challenge. She is wagering two shins on each of you to get a red or gold slip. If you do she will be paid on shin by Aram. This is not a large wager for a successful merchant, and it is a festival day, so wagers like this happen often. So like above in the fishing game, this is a Speed Test, difficulty level 5, meaning you need a 15. You can spend points and put in Effort if you choose, but you might want to save it for the next scene, your choice.::

::Oh, for all these tests skills and assets can be used to lower the difficulty per normal rules as well, just to be clear. If you think they apply to these situations that is fine by me.::
Dec 12, 2015 7:25 pm
Galen steps up and grabs for the first bauble he sees. He pulls up a green bauble and smiles at his good luck. A good start to the day, he thinks.
Last edited December 12, 2015 7:26 pm

Rolls

Speed Test Diff 4 - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Dec 12, 2015 8:12 pm
Smiling the vendor reaches into a satchel, retrieving a small burgundy object. It is an ojuve husk ocarina. An ojuve is a fruit that grows commonly around the cove. The fruit has a hard outer shell with a pulpy interior. The pulp is what people eat. The husk, if handled carefully can be left mostly intact and dried and is used for various crafts. Bowls are the most common use, but someone discovered that they can be turned into pleasant musical instruments. [b]"Congratulations, and good luck this afternoon." the man says as he replaces your bauble and turns to the next contestant.
Dec 12, 2015 9:11 pm
Carrick panted as he neared the festival. It had been a long jog from the docks, and he was quite winded, Storms be blasted! I hope I didn't miss the beginning of the Rite just because Pa wanted to make sure everything was battened down. Relief washed over him as the festival was obviously still in full swing. He weaved through the crowds looking for someone he recognized. He spotted Kveit and angled toward her. When he neared, he smiled and asked, Hi Kveit! Did I miss anything important?
Dec 12, 2015 10:22 pm
Triat, being person who loved challenges, walked towards the "Snitch Catch" cylinder together with Tairt, and without even adressing the person who runs the game, while loking towards the cylinder, exlaimed loudly :
"I am up for the game. We two - Me and Tairt, are up for the challenge."
Last edited December 12, 2015 10:22 pm
Dec 13, 2015 4:18 pm
Yaru leans in to Pha and whispers, "Do we give this extra effort for your girlfriend, or just see where luck takes us?"
Dec 14, 2015 1:49 pm
(OoC: My bad been a hectic weekend).

"She's my boss but I guess she's my girlfriend... she's a girl and we don't hit each other... we spend time together and talk and it's not bad, so I guess we enjoy it, that's kind of like being friends, right? Mohsen says anything can be training so I think we should look at this as such a task. We still have our primary reason for being here and I think Aram knows which I should prioritize. Lets try out luck and think of it as training, of the mind and body. It might prove useful practice for during the rite." Pha replied back not whispering and talking in a general tone and he when through the idea in his mind.

After attempting the game with Yaru Pha would remember something Mohsen had taught him specifically for today.

"Amburn you look nice." he would state, he would have to make a not to tell Mohsen he remembered to do as she said and tell her she looked nice if she was wearing nicer close than she did at the shop. Pha thought it was silly to tell her personally at the time and stated as much to Mohsen, he figured she would know she looked nice since she put on nicer clothes than usually worn. Mohsen mentioned something about dense sea fog but didn't understand.

(OoC: No effort for the task needed our rite is the reason we're here today so we need to be fresh and at full recoveries).

Rolls

Speed Check Task 5 (Need a 15 or higher no assets or skills) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Dec 14, 2015 2:39 pm
njohn858 says:
Hi Kveit! Did I miss anything important?
Kveit smiles back at Carrick, "Nothing yet, some games is all." She averts her eyes awkwardly, "I was beginning to think you weren't coming."

She seems to shake off the awkward moment and says, "C'mon, some others were going to try the fishing tank. Lets go watch them get stunk up."
Dec 15, 2015 2:02 am
Carrick smiled as they walked toward the fishing game, "Nah - I wouldn't miss this. Pa was worked up about them clouds over there and had me double check all the moorings. It's odd that some people aren't paying them mind, but the older folk are really stressed out! I have to admit, they do bother me just a little. I've weathered my share of storms, and I don't recall seeing anything build like that. I wonder if it has to do with the Rite somehow." He began to eye the crowds again, this time for someone who looked concerned about the pending storm. Spotting someone, he steered them in his direction and asked, "Excuse me, sir, but why do you look so worried about those clouds? Is something wrong?"
Dec 15, 2015 7:34 pm
Yaru nods and has a go at the game with Pha. His mind isn't really on his task though, hungry though he may be, there are other things to be thought about.

Rolls

Speed roll, need a 15, no effort or fiddly bits - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Dec 16, 2015 3:14 am
Pha and Yaru step into the chamber and feels the machine kick on. He floats an inch into the air. The slips of paper begin floating as well, but then the fan kicks on and the chaos begins. Though the walls are clear, they are not perfectly formed when viewed from the inside out. Reality seems to warp a bit, it might be unsettling if you weren't used to it from previous years. Different colors fly by their field of vision. They know they could grab any of them, but since they are focused on the grand prize that golden slip is their true goal.

Pha tries to focus on his teaching, Moshen has a lesson on speed and accuracy where Pha sits and waits for small insects to buzz by. The goal is to snatch the bugs between a pair of thin sticks, this task is very similar. Just as the golden slip come into view, Pha catches a glimpse of Amburn and lets his focus waiver. When the time runs out Pha is forced to grab the last slip he can, a red piece of paper, for a second place prize.

Yaru finds the task equally difficult, and with Pha in the chamber he can't move as quickly as he might want to without accidentally striking his friend. He sees the golden slip fly by and bends over backwards to try and catch it. However it eludes him, and when the time expires he manages only a green slip.

When the two youths exit the chamber they see Aram holding out their prize, Pha has earned a small basket of fruit. Several of them are rare and hard to find. Someone put in some effort to put this prize together.

Yaru gets a pair of joined flat discs with a string attached in the middle. It is a common child's toy that teaches manual dexterity as the discs travel up and down.

Aram happily accepts his winning of one shin from the merchant woman. "Well done Pha. Better luck next time Yaru." She turns and moves on to see other festivities. Amburn stays and has slight upturn to the corners of her mouth. She looks at Pha expectantly. When she receives her compliment she smiles broadly. "Thank you Pha. I do like this dress. Are you prepared for the Rite? I think it will start soon."

Triat and Tairt are given the privilege of going next by the smaller children. The gladly back up to give the pair room to get in. They are excited to see the pair work in unison.

When Carrick speaks the older man jumps a bit as though he hadn't realized the young man was standing there. "Oh, sorry son. Ah...er, no no, nothing wrong. Just...shadows of memories is all. It..uh...always happens to me when the Rite comes around. Lots of memories in this ol' gourd of mine." and with that he moves off.
Dec 16, 2015 2:26 pm
Pha accepts his prize and bow's slightly to the game runner. As he pokes through the basket he'll look through and toss Yaru something filling but light to eat. Looking up to Aram he nods to her question, "I am ready... that was a good warm up I think." he states before a piece of fruit seems to quickly disappear as he eats it the rind and his fingers magically not getting gnawed in the process. "Want some?" Pha asked picking through for something else before talking around the food to Yaru.

"You didn't seem use to reaching around people to get at what you needed... how's the finger also?" Pha stated casting a glance at his friend. Hopefully the splinter had worked it's way out by now and it wouldn't affect him during the right, "If the splinters still in there... we can cut it out." Pha offered holding up a finger.

(OoC: I'd like to go through the fruit basket to see if there was anything special. If there's more than a few pieces left I'd probably give away most of it to children and keep three after I've shared with Aram and Yaru since I don't think carrying around a lot of fruit during the rite would be useful after the first few pieces.)
Dec 16, 2015 10:56 pm
Yaru obligingly, if barely, catches some flung fruit and makes a point of eating it. He's a bit more meticulous than his friend and in less of a hurry. "The finger's ok -- it's more distracting than anything else, and only if I touch it just so do I get a twinge, and it's a minor one at that." He looks at his thumb again, "Honestly it's more annoying than anything else. Not worth cutting it out." In due course, Yaru will finish his fruit and grunt a thank you to his friend.
load next

Thread locked