Two hours before the event

load previous
Dec 18, 2015 2:48 am
::$Remnant: There isn't anything super special in there, beyond it being rare fruit. I think you used the wrong name there. Aram is the guy running the game, Amburn is the one who asked if you were ready for the rite. If you are offering her fruit she will take it and smile. Aram will refuse since it is your prize and he doesn't want to be seen being kind to an outcast such as you.::
Dec 18, 2015 12:14 pm
(OoC: Yep meant Amburn)
Dec 18, 2015 9:10 pm
foolsmask says:
When Carrick speaks the older man jumps a bit as though he hadn't realized the young man was standing there. "Oh, sorry son. Ah...er, no no, nothing wrong. Just...shadows of memories is all. It..uh...always happens to me when the Rite comes around. Lots of memories in this ol' gourd of mine." and with that he moves off.
Carrick watched him depart and frowned thoughtfully before commenting to Kveit, "That was strange....It's too bad he didn't stick around. I would have enjoyed listening to a retelling of those memories." He dallied for a second longer then shrugged and continued their journey toward the games.
Dec 21, 2015 7:53 pm
After retrieving his winnings Galen will find a spot to sit and focus before the Rite.
Dec 23, 2015 1:03 am
A deep resonating bell tolls across the village. It rings twice more in quick succession. This is recognized by all as the call to attend a meeting in the square, just as you expected to hear eventually. Everyone stops what they are doing and begins moving toward the platform that the town-master and the guild-masters stand on. The Rite is about to begin.

"Greetings everyone!" the town-master bellows as everyone gathers. "It is our privilege to welcome you all to this years Rite of Ascension. The Seer has chosen this year's participants, and they are a fine crop of boys and girls. Let us cheer them on to success, and prepare to welcome them home as young men and women. The task they undertake today is a tremendous one. Those that complete the Rite will have to choose the course they will follow for the rest of their lives. They will choose how they contribute to our aldiea in the years to come." Looking down he finds each of the participants and meets their eyes for a moment then begins speaking again, "Worry not young ones. The Seer is wise and does not make the selections lightly. Each of you is ready to face this challenge. You are all capable of succeeding in spite of the doubts you may hold in your hearts. Additionally, failure today is by no means an end. Just as the flower blooms in its own time, so too do people. Your time will come." These words are the same year after year. They are meant to be reassuring, and to some they are. The truth is the adults do not see shame in failing the Rite, but the other children who have yet to attempt it often do. One may find that they lose friends if they do not complete the challenge. The town-master continues his boring speech talking about the great future endeavors you all may achieve. It's part of the ritual, so it must be endured. When you return to town victorious you will all be paraded on to this stage and announce your intentions for what work you will do in town. Finally he comes to the end, "Now, let us all part and make room for the participants."

The crowd does disperse and you now see the black and white striped cloth that serves as the starting line for the first leg of the Rite, the footrace.

::OK...really sorry about my slow pace here. My best excuse is my new job and the holidays have taken up a lot of my time. I will try to do better. I'm going to end this scene and move things along.

Thread locked