Against the Cult: The Next Day (1.2)

load previous
Mar 22, 2016 12:31 am
Aanbo thinks back to Devek's condition and tries to remember if the rest of the family are afflicted in the same way.

Rolls

Medicine - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Mar 22, 2016 1:00 am
Aanbo is absolutely certain that this is nothing like what happened to Devek; Abel's family here in the wagon have been drugged with some sort of sleeping draught that is making them sleep deeply, rather like they've blacked out from excessive drink. He judges that they'll wake up in the morning with a terrible hangover, but probably no worse for wear otherwise.

Devek, the other hand, had all of his life signs slowed almost to a stop. Some wizards, the monk knows, have the ability to slow a creature down through magic, or even freeze them completely. Devek was almost completely still: his heartbeat and breath hard to detect, they were happening so slowly.

The party wonders what this means with regards to Jonbon's plans with the family. He was taking them, drugged, to somewhere, but they were drugged only to sleep for the night...
Mar 22, 2016 2:08 am
Aanbo tries to alleviate Abel's worries. "Different from what's afflicting Devek," he says, and adds, "they should be fine come morning."

The monk turns to the rest of the group. "I'm inclined to head back for the farm. It would be good to have solid walls between us and wherever this minstrel was headed. What say the rest of you?"
OOC:
How far are we from the farm? If we're really far, Aanbo would rethink his suggestion.
Mar 22, 2016 3:43 am
"What exactly happened with Devek? I didn't get a good look at the kid..." I should have paid more attention. Or asked the chickens some more pointed questions. Perhaps I'll ask them when we return to the farm.
Last edited March 22, 2016 3:43 am
Mar 22, 2016 4:03 am
"I'm not entirely sure," Aanbo admits, "but he ventured to some ruins within this forest." The monk pats his robes where he sequestered the brick. "Either Abel or Abella could lead us there; hopefully we'd find more clues that'd lead to the cause. Personally I think that's our best lead for helping the lad."
OOC:
I don't think we ever determined what happened to the brick Abella revealed. Is it safe to say that I pocketed it after using my stonecunning?
Last edited March 22, 2016 4:04 am
Mar 25, 2016 2:08 am
"Sure. Alright, that's as good a plan as any. After a good night's rest of course. Wouldn't want any of you stumbling around in the dark now!"

You do not have permission to post in this thread.