The Footrace

load previous
Dec 29, 2015 10:31 pm
"Then if that's your choice..." Galen grins and rushes forward in a sudden burst of speed right at Chaig. Just before reaching the thug leader he launches into a spin, throwing all of his power behind the flat of his blade, hoping to knock Chaig down and scare the others off.

Going for a non-lethal attack here. Going to spend 2 points (after edge) to make this attack into a difficulty 2

Rolls

Attack on Chaig (Vs 6) - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Dec 30, 2015 4:02 pm
Carrick had been quietly gauging the strength of the three kids who had been holding him. When one ran away at Galen's words, he smirked. These kids are relying on their strength of numbers. Alone, they're weak! He kneeled patiently, waiting for the opening for him to act. He felt a shift in the grips of the two kids when Galen threw himself toward Chaig, and he spun, trying to break free from one kid while punching the other.

OOC: Do you want me to do a Might roll once for the complete action or do two separate rolls? If the former, would I benefit from the -1D for the 'light weapon' unarmed attack?
Dec 30, 2015 8:44 pm
Triat make heavy step forwards, and ensures that everyone hear and notice her big stature moving. She raised her weapon and combat position, ready to rush. Together with her copy, Tairt It was ... quite intimidating.

Step down - she address Chaig himself - or I won't spare anyone if you make even one single move and won't release Carrick immidiately. You intrude our Rite, and according to what I know, I have all rights to break your bones if persist in your attitude and activities.

Intimidation attempt on Chaig, as Triat have another hulking copy nearby I guess Four Hands better Than Two ability also applicable here, reducing difficulty to 2

she follows Galen actions on edge of her sight but still does not move as she simply knows - those dumb weaklings will die if she gets enraged. All of them. They are many, but they are just dumb to oppose the group of Rite participants.
She keeps being focused, moving Tairt closer to her, in order to prepeare to double power rush.
Last edited December 30, 2015 8:55 pm

Rolls

Intimidation (-1 difficulty against Chaig due Four Hands ability - Tairt presence) - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Dec 31, 2015 4:05 am
njohn858 says:
and he spun, trying to break free from one kid while punching the other.

OOC: Do you want me to do a Might roll once for the complete action or do two separate rolls? If the former, would I benefit from the -1D for the 'light weapon' unarmed attack?
:::I'm fine with one roll against the nameless kids, but it will increase the difficulty by one to attempt a divided action like this. So it would be a base of 1, increased to 3 for the numbers advantage and the "split action" then decreased by one for light weapon benefits. So Difficulty 2(6):::
Dec 31, 2015 5:03 am
OOC: Roll

Oh gosh - what a string of lousy rolls! LOL
Last edited December 31, 2015 5:03 am

Rolls

Roll to break free/punch - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Dec 31, 2015 5:17 am
Chaig takes the hit from the flat of Galen's blade a lets out a grunt. He staggers back a step. His resolve might be wavering. When Triat makes her threat he doesn't flinch.

:::OK, so everyone needs a Speed test now. This is an Initiative test in case there are any related skills/assets/inabilities that apply. If half of you beat a difficulty of 3(9) then players win initiative. Meaning if you all roll and at least 3 of you get a 9 or better, you may all take a turn. If you don't the NPCs will act.:::
Dec 31, 2015 5:38 am
Smirking, Triat is quite satisfied. This is going to be more interesting that she expected. All this Rite thing. She'll get nice practice. Poor fellas.

From combat ready position, in unison with her copy, she starts to charge with her driven power rush.

If any bonus applicable from Driven skill (Run/Power Rush) please tell and consider it in the results.

added - Duh

Her position was good for holding ground, but because of her strength and mass, her feet dived into the vegetation, and it slowed and messed her "intended to be surprise" rush move
Last edited December 31, 2015 5:41 am

Rolls

Speed Initiative - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Dec 31, 2015 5:43 am
Galen readies to launch another attack on Chaig...

Initiative test difficulty reduced by one due to Danger Sense ability down to a difficulty 2 test
Last edited December 31, 2015 5:55 am

Rolls

Initiative vs 6 - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Dec 31, 2015 10:58 am
Pha's stance would widen as he looked around him. His facial expression changing from one of perpetual surprise or cluelessness to an expressionless stern look as his jaw set. If this was within the rights of the participants to achieve the goal...

Rolls

Initiative Speed Check (Task Level 3) - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Dec 31, 2015 2:20 pm
Carrick was surprised at the firm grip that kept him in place, but looked again for an opening where he could escape.
Last edited December 31, 2015 2:20 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Dec 31, 2015 3:06 pm
Kveit readies another arrow. As she stares down the two remaining children holding Carrik, her mechanical parts seem to ripple and twitch, even as they hold the bow and arrow steady.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Dec 31, 2015 4:45 pm
The air around Yaru begins to crackle with electricity and his clothing gently billows in an unseen, unfelt wind.

Rolls

Speed roll for initiative. - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Dec 31, 2015 6:34 pm
:::So players win initiative. Each of you gets an action. Typically a move and attack, but you are free to do what you want. Carrick and Galen get a Major Effect. I've made suggestions in the Chatter and Questions thread, but those aren't necessarily the only options if you can come up with somethign else:::
Dec 31, 2015 7:09 pm
Galen, having already hit Chaig once, continues his attempt to knock the leader of the thugs out, launching two more attacks in quick succession. His hope is to disable the leader so quickly that the others lose hope and abandon their attack.

Choosing to attempt two actions this round as my major effect

Rolls

Attack 1 vs 9 - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Attack 2 vs 9 - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Dec 31, 2015 9:02 pm
Yaru frowns at the rats -- but is grateful for the help of the other members of the Rite. He considers warning Chaig and his henchmen off, but, in the end, decides to defend his friend more aggressively. Yaru spies one of the small ones holding Carrick down and unleashes a bolt of non-lethal electricity.

Rolls

Onslaught esoterry - nonlethal vs 3. - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Dec 31, 2015 9:15 pm
Kveit doesn't really want to hurt or kill these children. She is going to Intimidate another of the kids hanging onto Carrik.

"Whatever this is, its not worth dying for. Run now and live, stay and DIE!" as she aims her arrow at one of them.

Ok, a major effect right? Can I just scare off all of the level 1 minions, lol?
Last edited December 31, 2015 9:16 pm

Rolls

Intimiadte vs lvl 1 (Edge reduces to level 0) kid - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Jan 1, 2016 2:36 pm
Triat does not care about how this will end. She knows that Rats violated the Rite and attacked them. If some will die that will be their fault not hers. All she need to do is to protect the Rite participants and to restore order here.

She orders Tairt to attack one of minions, and charges herself on Danjeers.

Should i roll for Tairt or simply her attack will work as offence of lvl 2 npc against lvl 1 npc?

Welll seems i got major effect, i guess Danjeers is out + some cleave effect could be nice.
Last edited January 1, 2016 2:37 pm

Rolls

Attack on Danjeers (6 damage 2h heavy weapon) - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Jan 1, 2016 4:08 pm
Frustrated at how poorly his last attempt went, he gave another moment to analyse his predicament. He was on his knees with his two captors having quite firm grips on his shoulders. He could feel the cloth of their pant-legs against his elbows, which gave him an idea. He relaxed, rocking back slightly on his heels. He let his arms dangle loosely then grabbed for the kids' ankles and gave a sharp yank, trying to knock them off their feet.

OOC: I'll use my Major Effect for another attack and attack both kids holding onto me.
Last edited January 1, 2016 4:09 pm

Rolls

Attack Kid #1 (Unarmed Attack = -1D) - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Attack Kid #2 (Unarmed Attack = -1D) - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Jan 1, 2016 6:49 pm
Pha stood still his breathing changing, opening his mouth his jaw popped and his canines elongated his arms in his loose fitting clothing seem to flex and pull at the cloth drawing it tight, he hunched forward slightly rocking his neck from side to side as it broadened. His fingers now like claws seemed ready to lash out. Oddly enough Pha remembered something important, "You already found your egg before this all started right Chaig?" he questioned his voice more guttural and slightly slurred due to not being use to talking with his teeth like this.

(Using Sculpts Flesh -2 Int (Int edge of 1) total cost -1 Int)
Jan 4, 2016 3:35 pm
Still reeling from the first attack, Chaig is not ready for the next two blows from the young sword master. He finds himself bloodied, and lying face down in the dirt. When Triat & Tairt quickly rush forward and dispatch Danjeers and another two Clay Rats, three more flee the scene. Carrick lashes out and one of his captors lands with a loud thud, his ankle suddenly above his head. The others let go and take a step back. When Kveit flexes and adds the threat of real violence, the remaining Rats flee. Left in the clearing are a groaning Danjeers and sobbing Chaig, and the six of you.

Coughing and fighting through his tears, Chaig looks over his shoulder at Pha and screams, "Who cares! What is the point of finding my egg?! What kind of future do I have?"

:::Great job, so the fight is over. You are all awarded 2 XP at this point for discovering the location of your eggs, plus the shared connection you have to this place and 1 XP for beating, but not permanently injuring, the Clay Rats. Likely this story will make its way back to the village and increase your renown.:::
load next

Thread locked