IC: Chapter II - Hutt Space, In the Shadow

load previous
Aug 19, 2020 1:30 am
OOC:
Besk will do it if we are all on board with taking the memory core or we could slap the device back on the droid and haul him up.
Aug 19, 2020 2:12 am
OOC:
Em, do you mean the 1-conflict "violence without exploring other solutions first" or the 4-5-conflict "attacks an NPC for no reason"?

Fidelity, do you think Best would want to try to slice the door closed?
Aug 19, 2020 2:04 pm
OOC:
4-5, it has effectively surrendered so dismantling it, which is definitely violence whereas restraining it is not, would be unprovoked - no reason other than it's the most convenient way to hold onto/transport the knowledge until you can try something else.
Aug 19, 2020 3:07 pm
OOC:
Roger roger.

I vote we try to slice the door; if that doesn't work, we bash the door. (Note that this may count as conflict, as destruction of property, but in this case, we would have exhausted other possible solutions).

Since this droid doesn't seem to know how to answer a direct question, we can restraining-bolt him again and cart him out the well (even if that's not as easy to do as a memory core alone).
Last edited August 19, 2020 3:07 pm
Aug 19, 2020 3:29 pm
SavageBob says:
OOC:
Since this droid doesn't seem to know how to answer a direct question, we can restraining-bolt him again and cart him out the well (even if that's not as easy to do as a memory core alone).
OOC:
Yea, the failed easy Coerce roll, which I was just hoping to at most get a Despair to play with out of, kind of threw a wrench in things...

The ship has sailed by now, but should I have been more explicit about his Motivation, maybe? Freeing B1s (from Separatists). I'm not sure if you guys weren't interested in trying to use it as an angle ("We can help you free B1s!" - maybe a lie but would have opened up Deception or Negotiation if you genuinely had intentions of helping him in some way), or if you didn't see an angle to take, or just didn't pick up on the exact motivation?

But going straight into questioning him after failing the Coercion was why he clicked on the hands free comm.
Aug 19, 2020 5:18 pm
emsquared says:
OOC:
Yea, the failed easy Coerce roll, which I was just hoping to at most get a Despair to play with out of, kind of threw a wrench in things...

The ship has sailed by now, but should I have been more explicit about his Motivation, maybe? Freeing B1s (from Separatists). I'm not sure if you guys weren't interested in trying to use it as an angle ("We can help you free B1s!" - maybe a lie but would have opened up Deception or Negotiation if you genuinely had intentions of helping him in some way), or if you didn't see an angle to take, or just didn't pick up on the exact motivation?

But going straight into questioning him after failing the Coercion was why he clicked on the hands free comm.
OOC:
Nah, I thought your hint was good. :) Deception isn't Raze's wheelhouse, so I didn't want to suggest that solution lest I come off as trying to play other people's characters for them. That said, if Kinu and Fidelity would rather try that path once we evacuate the area (or fight these guys), that's not a bad plan.
Aug 20, 2020 7:29 am
Besk, feeling that time is running out, runs over to the door controls and does his best to prevent the door from opening.
OOC:
I’m going to say I get the general boost from either Palmer or Raze on slicing. SavageBob feel free to hit me up in character or out of character on something you/your character thinks Besk may do to better help the situation. I’m usually good with whatever will help the group. If I feel Besk doesn’t agree that may also be some good RPing for our characters like how we had with the drug house. I totally missed the B1 and the separatists angle. Truthfully work has been exhausting hence me posting at midnight my time. Boo.

GM EDIT: Re-rolling the Difficulty as outlined earlier...

Rolls

Door slice

4 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 1 Threat

Counter-slice Difficulty

2 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Failure, 2 Threat

Aug 20, 2020 9:30 pm
OOC:
I caught that note, "free the B1s" but because it was an unexpected context from an unsympathetic NPC I dismissed the idea impulse, thinking either it was "bad bait" like the previous time we followed a droid's request xD or I was reading in to the narrative too much. In light of clarification (always appreciated) I think Palmer would request that they replace the restraining bolt in order to remove the captive droid to another place so as to perhaps pursue the threads it offers. And if the "others" finally break in, hope they meet Dianoga. Lol
Last edited August 20, 2020 9:31 pm
Aug 21, 2020 4:13 am
Besk hurriedly works on the controls feeling that he may be getting some success with it.
Aug 24, 2020 3:17 pm
As Besk and Palmer scramble to the door, one of them prying off the control cover so the other can work the electronics, Raze is left alone with the droid whom makes a sudden surge to break free of his grasp...

The droid and mikkian scramble on the ground, and while Raze holds him tight, the tussle makes a racket as the droids metal limbs wrestle for purchase on the metal walkway, "In here!", it buzzes, "They've got me!"
OOC:
Gonna use the Advantage narratively.

Rolls

Droid, opposed Athletics

1 Success, 2 Advantage, 3 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Failure, 1 Advantage

Aug 24, 2020 4:15 pm
"And here I thought we were friends!" Raze says with rolled eyes. "Besk, the restraining bolt when you get a sec..."
Aug 25, 2020 3:24 am
Feeling that he has bought some time with securing the door, Besk hurries over to Raze and the droid in order to put the restraining bolt back on it. " I think we are good with the door for now. Let us get out of here before whoever is on the other side finds us. At this point it may just be better for us to leave with the droid."
Aug 25, 2020 12:05 pm
OOC:
Opposed Brawl check to get it in place, since the droid is apparently squirming now? Raze still has him in a headlock (Grapple talent), but don't want to jump the gun on climbing up the rope with him yet.
Aug 25, 2020 4:40 pm
After its escape attempt fails, and Besk and Palmer are no longer occupied by the door, ODB1 ceases its struggle and the restraining bolt can be applied.

All the while however, you can hear an urgent conversation on the other side of the door, and then a pounding, "Open up in there!"
OOC:
No check necessary.
Aug 25, 2020 9:34 pm
OOC:
Em, are there unexplored areas of this undergroundarea? Even if we have to swim or dive? If we can find a private area to talk to ODB1 more about his enslaved droids issue, we can avoid involving The Ugnaught.
Aug 26, 2020 3:58 am
Besk hears the voice on the other side of the door and then looks to the others. In a hushed tone he says "I can try talking with them to buy some time while you two look for another way out or start going up the way we came in. Taking the droid with us will make movement difficult."
Aug 26, 2020 9:10 am
"Besk, I don't think that's such a good idea. We don't want to give whoever that is on the other side any idea who we are." Palmer pleaded with Besk, then grabbed the droid to help Raze load it onto his back so as to carry it out of sight.

"Come on, if they catch us we gunna have to fight it out."
Aug 26, 2020 11:49 am
"Up you go..." Raze says, pulling the droid on like a backpack with Palmer's help.
OOC:
Reverse that if the intention was for Palmer to wear the droid on his back instead.
Last edited August 26, 2020 11:50 am
Aug 26, 2020 3:47 pm
Kinudig says:
OOC:
Em, are there unexplored areas of this undergroundarea? Even if we have to swim or dive? If we can find a private area to talk to ODB1 more about his enslaved droids issue, we can avoid involving The Ugnaught.
OOC:
There's definitely a lot of unknowns beneath the surface of the water, but it would also take a long time to suss out.

I will point out that dropping down from the top of the well took a full combat round, going up - which you guys have already done once - you would know takes at least 3 times as long. Enough time for whoever is outside the door to mount a second/different attempt at opening it.

For the droid to go up, at least one person will have to be up there already to pull it up. There are two ascension ropes/harnesses.

If this is how you guys want to proceed with this knowledge, let me know how you're going about it, who's going up first, etc.
Aug 28, 2020 3:09 pm
Besk replies to Palmer and says " Very well. Let us try to get out of here then." The Chiss proceeds to follow Palmer looking over his shoulder every few seconds to make sure that no one was approaching them.
OOC:
I think going up the well would be the safest bet unless someone has an ability where they can determine a new path or something like that.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.