IC: Chapter II - Hutt Space, In the Shadow

load previous
Aug 7, 2020 4:03 pm
Palmer opens up a panel on the droids back, he finds the B1 to be a pretty simple construct. This particular droid has had it's inhibitors removed, but that shouldn't affect his slice too much...
OOC:
Hard Difficulty, Setback if you don't have any slicer gear.
Aug 7, 2020 4:58 pm
OOC:
Consider Raze assisting. Probably worth a DP.
Aug 8, 2020 5:57 am
Besk tilts his head inquisitively at Palmer and asks " You don’t have anything that will help us slice into this thing do you?"
Aug 8, 2020 9:26 am
"Just my wits, if that counts for anything. These tin cans are a joke. Like, zero quality control production items. I'm surprised this thing still works. Look, that capacitor is popped and this... whatever this module did it's cooked! There's the memory module, that looks ok. Normally if you just cross the power to the optical sensors with the return bus on the memory module... add in the vocalizer's positive conducter before... and get the negative conductor after on the return side... the memory bank starts dumping data..." Palmer winced and grimaced as he got his fingers into small crevices, used his finger nails to pry comtacts apart, painfully, and pulled wires apart so as to keep from grounding, arching and thus becoming a conductor himself.

Rolls

Computer check with skilled assist from Besk

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Threat

Aug 8, 2020 5:38 pm
Seeing the droid's photoreceptors flash on and off, Raze gives the head a good swat. The metal chassis plinks as if made of cheap metal. "Something might've gotten loose."

Rolls

Raze assist

1 Advantage

Total: 1 Advantage

Aug 8, 2020 11:06 pm
"Well, I don’t think we are getting anywhere. We could physically restrain it and try taking the restraining bolt off to have a conversation," Besk says to the others trying to come up with another option.
Aug 9, 2020 5:01 am
"That's about all we have left to do. Let me put it back together," said Palmer, as he pulled conductors and caes apart that he has spliced together, then he began to return them to their original places.

When finished, he closed the access compartment, made sure the droid was unarmed, then pulled his blaster and got ready to shoot if it tried anything funny. Lastly, he reached down and removed the restraining bolt. As the droid powered up Palmer addressed the droid, notifying the thing that it was surrounded and faced oblivion if it did not cooperate.
Aug 9, 2020 6:18 pm
Raze harrumphs at their failure to get anything from the droid's memory banks. "Let me restrain this thing before you turn it on," he tells Palmer. The Mikkian then wraps his arms around the automaton's chest and then folds them over its shoulders. At the same time, he wraps the droid's legs with his own, essentially turning himself into a living chair with a writhing cushion of tendrils at the top. "That oughtta keep him from going anywhere..."
OOC:
Sense defense is back up. Otherwise, setting up an opposed Athletics check if this thing tries to get away, but also relying on the Grapple talent in the case of a failed roll. In such a case, the droid would have to spend two maneuvers to disengage.
Aug 9, 2020 11:37 pm
While waiting for the droid to boot back up Besk looks over the things in the droid’s possession to see if there is anything on the machine that stands out to him.
Aug 10, 2020 4:22 pm
The blaster rifle was it's only possession that isn't either cosmetic, or integrated into it's chassis - and therefore it's difficult to know fully what it's equipped with. It is has certainly received some special modifications...

As the droid regains it's faculties, it completes an exclamation that it was in the middle of as the restraining bolt took hold, "-oughians, unhand me!"

But as it's head pivots back and forth quickly taking in it's situation, it goes still and says, simply, in it's tinny voice, "Uh oh..."
Aug 10, 2020 4:56 pm
Raze taps the droid's shoulder from the restraint hug he's got it in. "Hey, there. Don't do anything stupid, all right? We've just got a few questions for ya"
OOC:
Coercion difficulty? Conflict for Coercion on droids?

Rolls

Coercion

2 Success, 4 Advantage, 2 Failure

Total: 4 Advantage

Aug 10, 2020 5:21 pm
Besk folds his arms across his chest and while looking down at the droid says "Correct. Nothing stupid droid. "
OOC:
Besk will assist in the coercion check as long as the conflict isn’t crazy high.
Aug 11, 2020 3:32 pm
OOC:
2 Conflict for Coercion. Difficulty is 1 red plus 1 setback as it's not motivated by self-preservation, but plus 1 boost too for the restraining bolt.
It buzzes a tinny reply, "Uhhh, what makes you think I'd do anything stupid? Heh heh...", the mimicked human affectations of using a filler ("uh") and nervous laughter is a telltale sign that this droid spends a lot of time in the presence of people, and that it hasn't had it's memory wiped in a long time.
Aug 11, 2020 4:33 pm
OOC:
That puts Raze at 11 conflict as far as my calculations go. (D'oh.)

And edited the roll into the narrative above. Failure with 4 advantage. So maybe its lack of self-preservation means the threat doesn't work, but the 4 advantage mean it's open to another approach, like Charm or Deception?
Last edited August 11, 2020 4:34 pm
Aug 12, 2020 12:49 am
Besk nods his head and replies to the droid with a smirk " What is your name droid so we can at least know what to call you? What are you doing down here?"
OOC:
Besk is just feeling the droid out to see if it will at least offer some information. Adding 2 conflict to Besk for helping out with the coercion.
Aug 12, 2020 3:33 pm
OOC:
Oh man, the kinds of rolls that go down with this system 😅

As for the Conflict, I'll have to take your word for it. Looks like I stopped tracking awhile ago. 11 seems high from my recollection, I would have you at ~7 off the top of my head... 1 for the holocron mentoring, a Coercion in the speeder shop, a Coercion in the cantina, and this Coercion. Have I missed something, or have you used that many dark pips?

But this "session" has also taken on an abnormally long duration so maybe...?

3 Advantage will reveal his motivation and thereby a potential different approach. Leaving you with 1 more to spend.
It buzzes in it's metallic tone, "They call me ODB1. Or, "Over-drive" for short... Liberator of B1s! The droid's droid. Breaker-of-compulsory-protocols! Menace to... uhhh...

Uh... who are you? You don't look like Separatists.
"
Aug 12, 2020 4:08 pm
Besk tilts his head a little and lets his hand rest on his hips. " Hello Over-drive. I am Besk. We are just three men trying to get by.Maybe we started off on the wrong foot. Can you tell us what you are doing here and what do you mean by the Liberator of B1s. "
OOC:
Besk currently has 6 conflict
Aug 12, 2020 4:38 pm
It's head tilts as it's eyes flicker in momentary confusion, "Huh? ... I... I liberate B1s, like me... but that's... What! ... What are you doing on Spacer turf?! You're gonna pay!", it begins to struggle for a moment, but then looks around. "Wait... are we on Spacer turf? Where have you taken me!?"
OOC:
Give me a group Vigilance, Hard Difficulty.
Aug 12, 2020 4:51 pm
OOC:
I should start logging conflict more meticulously, like I do XP expenditures. I may have neglected to start over from 0 after last session, assuming I had 4 conflict last time?

Will use the final advantage for a boost here. Other two boosts are for the other members of the group. (Raze and Palmer have the same pool otherwise.)
"Calm down, now..."
OOC:
If roll's OK, 4 advantage to get some insight into its relationship to the Spacers? Y'all have better ideas?
Last edited August 12, 2020 4:54 pm

Rolls

group Vigilance

4 Success, 5 Advantage, 3 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 4 Advantage

Aug 12, 2020 5:05 pm
OOC:
I usually do log your guys' Conflict myself, in the Meta-currency Tracking Thread. I just don't remember when the last time was that I did...

And I had Raze at 5 before this, and Besk at 7 before... (from an "Unnecessary Violence" when he shot the fleeing guy at the Speeder Shop, and also a Coercion (probably another Assist) and the holocron mentorship). So Besk might actually be at 9...
You notice that, as the droid asked that last question, a little indicator light came on by an antenna on its head. Probably a hands-free com unit... probably just broadcast it's question to someone, and is waiting for the answer to broadcast to them as well.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.