Interest check :Warhammer 40K - Deathwatch FFG

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 23, 2019 4:32 am
I've been having a itch to participate in the grim, hopeless fight of the Warhammer 40k universe, more specifically around the Deathwatch organisation and the Achillus crusade.

Who else would be interested in purging the xenos and defending the Empire against endless ennemies?

Edit : For those who are interested or want more information about the system and setting follow that link : W40K-Deathwatch : Shadows of the Crusade
Last edited November 23, 2019 4:01 pm
Nov 23, 2019 5:54 am
I've never played, is it newbie friendly?
Nov 23, 2019 6:08 am
The mechanic is around %rolls and I could easily provide a thematic character for you to tryout around the style you want. Are you familiar with the Spaces Marine from Warhammer 40K?
Nov 23, 2019 7:33 am
I know Mel has been looking for 40k
Nov 23, 2019 12:08 pm
I wanted to play any game in the WH40k setting for a long time now but never had a chance to do so. So, I'd be interested, although, I am not familiar with the system.
Nov 23, 2019 2:22 pm
Heard of deathwatch before but never saw/tried the system, any chance I can play a Son of Russ ?
Last edited November 23, 2019 2:22 pm
Nov 23, 2019 2:47 pm
@Knifesedgegames Send him/her our way!

@MagnificientFly I am more than willing to teach the system and help with character creation :)

@deadpool_qc Do you mean the Space wolves chapter or is it one of their successor chapter? In both case, the answer is yes, the Space Wolves chapter is in the core rulebook and it would be easy to adapt a specific successor chapter variant to.
Nov 23, 2019 4:00 pm
Since some people are interested, I created a game so that we can start going into some specifics about the system and characters for those who are curious and/or interested.

You can find it here : W40K-Deathwatch : Shadows of the Crusade

A minimum of three characters are necessary to run a Kill-team.
Nov 23, 2019 4:10 pm
I've been lurking in this thread. I'm definitely interested. While a I've never played the miniature game, I've read the first book of the Horus Heresy.
Nov 23, 2019 4:36 pm
@Qrallog Come have a look then! I started to put all the ressources together in the link above. I never played the miniatures either, but I fell in love with the setting when I encounter to RPG version a few years back :)
Nov 23, 2019 5:11 pm
Ooooh, Warhammer 40k! I actually played Deathwatch briefly, and I'm interested!
Nov 23, 2019 7:04 pm
Hehe, welcome and invite sent!
Nov 23, 2019 7:24 pm
@TheVagrant I meant the space wolf chapter. Even if I'm not a big player of 40k (costs to much and I have 3 kids...), the space wolves have always been my favorite lore wise.
What books do I need to play ?
Nov 23, 2019 7:42 pm
Copies of all the books needed are available on the game page, they are out of print so no need to worry about buying it :P
Nov 23, 2019 9:11 pm
Glad you found it Mel, was about to message you!
Nov 23, 2019 9:22 pm
Hehe, I am finally learning to use the games tavern
Nov 23, 2019 11:11 pm
Are you still looking? I actually have the deathwatch book which I purchased years ago, and then had to move away from my real life gaming group. I've had years of buyers remorse! Count me in.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.