Mission 1(The Raid):

Dec 11, 2019 2:31 pm
It was a sunny morning. The forest shade of the red and orange leaves helps to keep most of the bright light from being too unbearable. The chirp of birds and the laughter of children filled the air as the Camp's residents begin their daily morning chores.

Over in an open field that is the training grounds for combatants, a small gathering of folks that possess unique talents stand around. They are actually waiting for their Camp Leader to meet them, as he has sent a messenger to summon them for a surprise morning mission. It turns out that these people knew each other, as they begin to chat to pass the time...
OOC:
You shall post here your introductions. You can describe your appearance, and any other detail that people will know about you.

As for connections, you will describe your connection you decide to have, and the other player that you think is suitable for sharing the connection with. It is best if your connections are done in a ring formation, aka you pick a person, then the person pick another person, and eventually it ends up with you.
Dec 11, 2019 3:07 pm
Ash walks to the field's edge looking around seeing no one; he gravitates to the shade and squats looking around. Without moving he seems to blend into the environment instinctually unnoticed and unseen. Pulling his hair back the young man pulls his hooded cowl over his head as he frowns at the sunny morning. Dark eyes scan around before a hand strokes a pale clean shaven chin.

I wonder when 'they' are going to show up... we often get mistaken for each other or people think we're related. If they told them also it's likely they're show up... he thinks to himself indifferent to the situation and wondering about the task that will be given.
Dec 11, 2019 3:20 pm
Gabrien wants a drink. Not liquor or kaf, but something cold and refreshing. A berry juice. Yeah, dark berries, a little bitter. Did fall come early? I'm losing it.

He finds the gathering and looks around. Oh damn, my "twin". I don't see it, that bodunk looks nothing like me. He waves tentatively and approaches Ash.

"What's the word? I miss the big hubbub, bub?"

He really hopes that if they get selected, that Ayrlock comes. They work together. Sometimes. Sometimes it's bad, true. But exciting!
[ +- ] Connection
Last edited December 13, 2019 5:12 pm
Dec 11, 2019 3:32 pm
"Nothing yet, it's nice and quiet mostly... no one about but those that train in the early morning. Gabrien. Know anything about the Leader's task?" Ash states shaking his head. The odd thing about the two once people saw them interact or close to each other they don't seem that much alike. A trick of the eyes maybe or the striking difference in personality Ash falls quiet and doesn't move continuing the wait.
Dec 13, 2019 5:00 pm
Kelfeli strides into the gathering circle of soldiers. He gives a confident and friendly smile to the group. He stands slightly over 6' tall, wears light clothing and a hood. He sharpens his knife and keeps his saber sheathed on his left side. "I heard a few rumors but I doubt they are true. Some of the young recruits are spreading some strange tales. When this is over I'll be sure to reprimand them." Gazing at the gathered group he notices Ash and Gabrien. "It is good to see you both still alive even though I can never tell the two of you apart.
Last edited December 13, 2019 6:12 pm
Dec 13, 2019 6:07 pm
Ash shrugs, "You've never complained about my looks in a fight when you finally notice I'm there next to you."
Dec 13, 2019 6:55 pm
Extending his arm out for a hearty handshake to his good friend. "Only our enemies complain of that! Soon we will again bring glorious death. Kelfeli beaming at the thought of getting to battle.
Dec 13, 2019 7:15 pm
"I'd prefer if it was quite and everyone just had enough to eat and drink for a change without being sick..." Ash mutters using the hand to get up from squatting. "I wonder if something held up the Leader."
Dec 13, 2019 10:31 pm
Gabrien mimes drinking from a bottle. "I didn't say that. Kelfeli, you still hanging out with the young'uns? Find someone who hasn't heard your stories first hand?"
Dec 14, 2019 10:38 pm
The young'ins need to hear a good story from time to time. It's about the only entertainment they get when not training. Good to see you again Gabrien. What were y'all doing since our last adventure?
Dec 15, 2019 12:50 am
While the three of them continue their wait and chatting, they can hear voices coming closer. It sounds like an argument. And one of the voices is clearly the camp leader, Frimeson the Last Flame, or Frim for short.
Dec 16, 2019 2:57 pm
Ash face still remains blank but cocks an ear to eavesdrop since it might be related to the task they will be given.
Dec 16, 2019 7:39 pm
Kelfeli motions for everyone to quiet down to help Ash hear the conversation.
Dec 17, 2019 5:57 pm
[ +- ] What Ash can pick up.
There were two boys practicing with swords in a corner of the field. They quietly slipped away when they hear the angry voice of their leader.
Dec 17, 2019 6:09 pm
"Well need to find this woman when we are done with the briefing before we leave." Ash mutters with indifference for now before standing finally and waiting for the leader to let them know the task required of them.
Dec 17, 2019 6:17 pm
"Sordid things, or dangerous? Either way, count me in." Gabrien grimaces thinking of other folk lost to violence.
Dec 18, 2019 12:07 pm
OOC:
I'll now start the game proper. You each get your 4 XP.
Soon, Frim steps forth from the dense ember bushes and trees. As he enters into the sunlight, he stands straight with his arms folded, fierce eyes scanning the people in front of him. "I see that you all have gathered in time! Appologies for my delay. I was being held back by my annoying advisor. Even though she is about my age, she acts like a bothersome granny!" He combs back his slightly greyying ginger hair.

"Anyways, uh-hum, your mission! Our scouts have located a monster-infested town a short distance from here. About an hour's travel, in the territory of Barovia, North-East of the camp. This town is discovered to still contain stashes of food. The scouting party is was able to steal a crate of preserved jerky before being chased off by the fiends. We now need you three to contribute your skills once again to destroy the foul creatures that lurks in that town and salvage the much needed supplies. We can't keep living off of berry farming and disgusting monster flesh, now can we? So, any questions?"
OOC:
Quick world info: The Monsters are known to decompose over time into ash when killed. And so hunting monsters for food will mean that it has to be cooked quickly, and when it's eaten, it is likely to not give much nutrition.

Edit!: The monsters decompose more slowly, giving enough time to collect samples to study.
Dec 18, 2019 12:50 pm
"Who was on this scouting party?" Gabrien is really asking if they're any more fit to do this than that party, presuming he knows something about those people.
Dec 18, 2019 1:52 pm
Ash nods "No questions." he states flatly and states still waiting to leave.
OOC:
Using the XP on Int Edge.
Dec 18, 2019 3:59 pm
"Do the scouts have any intel on these monsters?"
OOC:
I'm spending my 4 XP on gaining 1 Might Edge point.
Last edited December 18, 2019 7:10 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.