Mission 1(The Raid):

load previous
Dec 19, 2019 1:48 am
"The scouts are Rubrun, Ketna, Clytis, and Fran. As for the monsters, they say they look like flames taking the shape of humans. The scouts were instructed to escape from a fight if they encounter one, as I'm not willing to needlessly risk my people on scouting trips. So they say when they are found by the creatures, they quickly left, taking the food crate as evidence. They do find that it is posible to kill them, as they manage to shoot down one with their shortbows while they get away. So from this, I can tell that these fire fiends are manageable by you three. Though if that's not true, do come back here in one piece."
Dec 19, 2019 2:24 am
"The fire fiends shouldn't pose much of a problem for us. Do we have a way to transport the supplies?
Dec 19, 2019 4:21 am
"You can be given a wheelbarrow, though clearing out the unwanted residents is preferable so that we could do salvaging much easier. Also, let me think if there is any other thing I forgot to... Oh yeah, there is these strange tiny bags that we got from the body of an Intiquarian alchemist. It seems to absorb the dust left by monsters and converts it into pellets. These pellets, when swallowed, can give a boost of strength and wisdom. It is somehow able to teleport small items from one bag to the other. However, there is a set limit to doing this, as when the limit is reached, items does not appear in the other bag. My other advisor know of these things, which are called Experience Pouches. You can request for this and the wheelbarrow at the Storeroom." Frim points his thumb at the direction.

He also adds. "If you're wondering why we gave you that, it's so that we could study the materials of the monster you killed. You know, at a safe and convenient location. When you return, we could tell you about what we found."
OOC:
Edit!: Changed explanation, and added reason for the item.
Dec 19, 2019 2:08 pm
"Huh, experience pouches, you say. Doesn't sound like an experience that I would have accidentally stumbled upon. Who figured this out, I wonder." He looks at the gathered people. "Well, this sounds important. We should leave soon."
Dec 19, 2019 2:36 pm
Ash nods, "To the Storeroom." he states flatly and goes to move in that direction. He'll look around to see if the advisor from the argument is still around.
Dec 19, 2019 3:19 pm
Kelfeli catching up with Ash and Gabrien giving each an enthusiastic pat on the back. I'll go with Gabrien he might need an extra hand grabbing supplies. I'd be interested to know more about the advisor when we meet back up Ash. Shall we meet on the road when we are prepared?
Dec 20, 2019 11:35 am
When Ash tries to look for Elena the Advisor at the location where he heard the argument was at, she is not around. Perhaps she could be found in her own hut.

Would Ash find and speak to Elena while Kelfeli and Gabrien gather the supplies?
Dec 20, 2019 2:18 pm
Gabrien goes with Kelfeli to the storeroom and gets a few things four pcs night in the woods. Tent, bedrolls, fire kits,, and food arms water.
Dec 20, 2019 3:04 pm
Ash looks around before looking for her Hut proper lost by the sight of most from his abnormal nature and erratic path.
Dec 21, 2019 2:09 am
Kelfeli and Gabrien arrive at the storeroom. It is where all the equipment are placed at for posible future use. Currenty, a young man stands guard at the entrance, looking almost half asleep. When the two walk up to him, he stands at attention. "Good morning, uh, sorry forgot your names! But Frim says that you can take some of our stuff. Please wait while I go take them..."

A while later, the kid brings out a wheel barrow, three bags of camping supplies, and a small brown bag that is closed with a string. There is an indigo swirl symbol on it.
Dec 21, 2019 4:08 am
Gabrien thanks the young man, and points out the pouch to Kelfeli. "Best not use that as a pillow."

He looks at the wheelbarrow hard and shakes his head. "It will no doubt be useful, but I'll feel all manner of ridiculous pushing that cross-country. Let's make that Ash's job."
Dec 21, 2019 5:46 am
The teen speaks up once he handed over the stuff. "You know, when we got this bag, there are also other stuff like that as well. That woman that was carrying these items... She was dressed rather strangely. The objects that was in her cart when we found her also had these same markings. I don't know why, but these things give me bad vibes. I would feel better if you take them too. And if you figure out their uses, that's good for you. I can't make heads or tails about them..." He continues to mutter as he goes back in to fetch them.
OOC:
You may do an intellect check of level 5(dc 15) for the pouch to determine its true function.

Rolls

Visible rolling for pouch level. - (1d6+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Dec 21, 2019 1:09 pm
Gabrien feels that Ash might know better than he how the bag returns, but tries to examine it anew.

Rolls

Intellect check - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Dec 21, 2019 1:36 pm
Laughs when Gabrien reminds me not to use the bag as a pillow. "Ash will want to ride in the wheel barrow. What in the world is that symbol? Quater master does this women make regual deliveries? Do they produce these goods or are they scavengers? We might want to chat with her if we figure these out. I look at the object trying to identify it's possible use.

Rolls

Intellect Roll - 1 Effort Costing 3 intellect points - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Dec 21, 2019 2:21 pm
The quarter master returns with 4 items. He places them in the wheelbarrow.
[ +- ] The items.
He then answers Kelfeli. "Um, the woman is actually dead. I'm not there personally, but my friend was one of the scouts that discovered her weeks ago. She was dressed in white robes and seems to be attacked by a monster with claws.

Oh and be careful with them, they are the last of the items we have from that person. Though, I do recall that Advisor Elena has 2 of the items as decorations."

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Dec 21, 2019 3:04 pm
OOC:
Btw, sorry about that, but I realised I did it wrong. The difficulty level to identify is 3(dc 9), I set this as you currently have 0 knowledge of the strange.
Gabrien, despite his lack of confidence, was mysteriously able to figure out how the bag works.
[ +- ] Item details
Dec 21, 2019 3:27 pm
OOC:
If you want to identify the rest of the items, make 4 intellect rolls. You can do it as 4d20 in the input for dice roll, and I'll take the individual results for each.
Meanwhile, Ash was trying to track down the house of Elena. He may have done so by asking people where it is, or he may have done so by himself sneakily. Whatever method it is, he finds her hut in about 10 minutes.

There is an elderly woman sitting on a wooden chair next to the door, which is slightly ajar. You doubt that she is Elena as you saw her before, and that the old woman looks to have her eyes closed and hunched forwards, unmoving. There is also what looks to be a small fensed garden at the back of the hut. Your current surroundings does not seem to have people around at the moment.

How would you approach this?
Dec 21, 2019 5:03 pm
"This bag is part of a matched set. Do you know if anyone else has one just like it?"

Rolls

Identifying the other items - (4d20)

(1914102) = 45

Dec 21, 2019 7:59 pm
"Gabrien, I think we should wait to investigate these other curios until we meet back up with Ash. It would make the process easier."
Dec 22, 2019 5:32 am
"That other bag? I believe that Menork the Researcher has it. If you happen to find anything unique, especially like monster parts, do send it over to him. He will put down information he gathered and you will be able to see his discoveries as a reward when you return."
[ +- ] Items indentified
Gabrien was able to identify the items, except for the hand mirror.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.