Mission 1(The Raid):

load previous
Apr 17, 2020 2:20 pm
"Understood. We lack manpower and intel, borrowing as long as it's not detrimental should bring benefits to both parties Sir. We have to adapt, the other option eventually leads to extinction." Ash states after a nod before moving out once dismissed.

Once done he'll look to the others, "Let's check in with the Researcher they might have intel on the local creatures in the direction we're headed, I'll head over to Advisor Elena to give her an out brief afterwards."
Apr 17, 2020 10:00 pm
OOC:
Reeve started wiith 600 crowns and could trade in his chainmail

Also, did the guys from the Desert object to Reeve taking the Dragon statuette?
"How long to we plan to stay here before moving to the city? I'm eager to go but, if we stay a few days, I'd make myself useful."
Apr 18, 2020 6:41 am
OOC:
@Reeve, they say to bring back the chest and its contents, if the "secret" trading team are found dead. since they are not fully dead, the team would try to take the chest themselves and sell it off as they originally intended.

What would you return or keep? Also, they by now are not willing to have a fight with you if you refuse to return any.
Apr 18, 2020 6:52 am
OOC:
Reeve will only take the dragon thing that spoke and leave the rest.
Apr 18, 2020 7:39 am
OOC:
The dragon thing will not count as a Cypher.
Ash visits the Researcher in his workshop. Boxes of strange specimens and bottles containing unknown liquids are spread on and around his table. The Researcher looks up from his close study of the assassin creature's wiring and circuitry and greets you.

"Ah, thanks for coming by to my lab. In case if I forgot to introduce myself before, you can call me Dr Matvox, minor researcher of the Intiquarian University. Oh sorry, I should be moving on to my main point.

So, I have acquired the specimens you have sent to be via this bag here. It's just a theory, but I believe that the magic that fuels this teleportation vessel is not from this world. I don't know why, but the thought of items from foreign realities coming into ours is discomforting to me. Perhaps it's that... oh I'm rambling my crazed theories again.

Anyways, I have studied the flesh of the creature you have slain. I believe that it is one of the common monsters in this forest. I call them Austags, short for Autumn Stags. They appear to have evolved again since I last recorded them. Their hides now whiter then their previous brown, and bits of fur are forming tiny leaf-like shapes. Monsters are trully fascinating and dangerous creatures.

However, this latest sample you have found is the most strange. It is completely inorganic. And it has such peculiarly intelligent form of design. Even though this is the first time I have seen such a thing, I can tell it was constructed, not born from monstrous mutation. The problem is that I can't even fathom who made this.

You know, I have considered this for awhile, but I felt like joining you in any expeditions or missions you may go on. I know I can be considered as dead weight to you men, but I can offer my services of doing field research, and as an advisor if needed. In exchange, I seek your protection. How does that sound?"
OOC:
You have gained 5xp to be split amongst the party from the research of the slain enemies. Discuss how you shall share it.
Apr 18, 2020 7:48 am
When you visited Elena again, you reported to her what you've done. "Oh, I'm so relieved that you managed to not only avoid fighting these residents, but also encouraged trade with them. This should make it easier for me to continue my discussion with Sir Frim. Thanks so much for this. There is not much I can give you, other than the assurance you are on the right path."
Apr 20, 2020 1:08 pm
"I'll have to discuss it with the group since your death will be a shared responsibility to prevent." Ash states with his deadpan expressionless face before leaving.

"They did move from underground through it with no tunnel an ability I'm a bit envious of, if diplomacy proves fruitful mining exploration might be possible... I think I should abstain from such talks though since we're headed out for a long recon mission." Ash states before leaving if there's no more conversation points to debrief.

Ash will talk about the researchers proposal and states plainly he believes it's not in their best interest since personally the researcher might be a liability leading to one or all of them getting killed.
OOC:
If Reeve's at the same level of XP as the rest of us + or - 1 or 2 or a full upgrade behind?
Apr 20, 2020 6:00 pm
OOC:
Reeve has received a total of 12 exp atm
Reeve has no objections to the researcher coming along, especially if that can help is training (gain exp along the way). Of course, he point out that there is never any guarantees that anyone will come back from a mission alive.
Apr 23, 2020 11:04 am
OOC:
Q any thoughts?
Apr 23, 2020 12:37 pm
Gabrien doesn't object to bringing the researcher along, assuming that: 1) they're not looking for laborers, they have to carry all their own stuff, and 2) they've camped in the woods before; if they're babes in the woods at survival then it's too dangerous.

As to splitting the 5 xp, we should give one to Reeve for fair play.
Apr 24, 2020 2:40 am
OOC:
2/2/1 for exp sounds reasonable to me, i'll be ready to move along with or without the researcher. I'd like to get to new adventure started sooner than later :)
Apr 24, 2020 2:50 pm
Ash once he's gotten input from the others lets the researcher know he's welcome to come along if he remembers field work involves possible death by trauma, poison, sickness, dehydration, starvation, loss of limb, or natural causes from phenomenon and to keep his nose clean and be responsible for his own wellbeing. Once everyone is prepped for the long recon Ash figures they'll head out, he'll wait on the outskirts in the direction they're headed.
Apr 26, 2020 6:52 am
The researcher replies that he has some experience doing fieldwork and camping. However, he admits to the possibility he may not be fit enough for certain laborious feats. He says if worse comes to worst, he can accept it if he had to be left behind, but he hopes it won't have to lead to that. He brings out his knife, and says that he knows some self-defense, but fears that it may not be good enough to help fight potential threats.
OOC:
Will you still be pushing around a wheelbarrow or return it? Will you take any additional things from it?
Apr 26, 2020 7:18 am
The camp leader comes over to Reeve. "Hi, I have found that I have a set of armour that belongs to a guard of the lord of Barovia. It is plate armour with fancy flame imagery. I am willing to trade this for that Brigadine armour of yours and 275 Crowns. How does that sound?"
OOC:
Your armour will become 4, including the bonus you have. Also, you could roll for persuation(Intellect) to see if you can bargain.
Apr 26, 2020 8:11 pm
"As long as it can be fitted properly to me, you have a deal."

Reeve will try out the heavy armor and give out the crowns once he is satisfied.
OOC:
Reeve spend 4 exp to reduce armor penalty by 1
Apr 27, 2020 11:52 am
Since Ash has the buyin from the researcher he'll see if he can assist in figuring out what a few items do, a metal ankle Bangle with mysterious runes, a wooden wand, and a blue stone dragon (I figure this is different from the statue).
OOC:
Once we figure out what they are for I'll let the others know, if someone wants the them though and it's within their cypher limit I'll grab the Dagger and the Ring instead, I had the orb since we started.
Apr 27, 2020 12:19 pm
Gabrien is happy with the cyphers he is carrying.

"Let's not take the wheelbarrow this time."
Apr 29, 2020 8:26 am
OOC:
Oh yes, the plate armour is heavy armour.
Btw, I thought that Reeve has given the chest and the contents excluding the dragon communicator.
I'll assume that Reeve takes the last cypher.
[ +- ] Gabrien cyphers
[ +- ] Ash cyphers
[ +- ] Reeve Cypher
Apr 29, 2020 9:10 am
The armour is a good fit for Reeve's frame. And thus the trade was done with little hassle.
The Quartermaster is glad to see that the wheelbarrow is returned. He says he don't mind for you guys to take and use them, as his gut feeling is that storing the strange items may have a risk of nasty things happening. Perhaps a magical fire may break out, or monsters may be drawn to them.
The party finally travels out of the village in the new day as the researcher packs his belongings in a large backpack of his own. The sun is covered by some clouds this time, so it isn't as hot as yesterday. As the party walks in the cool breeze, Dr Matvox studies the blue statue.
"I probably shouldn't have to ask this, but do help me watch our surroundings. Anyways, from my examination, this idol looks to be made from a mineral known as Tear-stone. The ancestors of the Leudonians found that this mineral possesses passive magical properties, and have become the first users of Rune Magic. As you know, humans has been gifted with some being born with innate talent to use magic. Tear-stone is capable of storing and releasing specific magical effects that a magic-user apply to it. Certain Tear-stone artefacts could be enchanted with such powerful and clear instructions, that it becomes very hard to overide the functionality that the previous enchanter have programmed.

I am no spell-caster, but I can tell that this artefact is of great importance, due to how well carved it is."
OOC:
Will you share the mission to the researcher, and will you explain what you have seen the statue do? Also, roll for perception/Intellect for me.
Apr 29, 2020 10:00 am
Reeve will describe what it did.

Rolls

Intellect roll - (1d20)

(16) = 16

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.