Chapter 7: Wherever You May Roam

load previous
Jan 17, 2020 12:17 am
Coreene looks at the disc with apprehension, but also curiosity. Could she glean anything about this person from their accent?

Rolls

Geography - (1d20+9)

(10) + 9 = 19

Jan 17, 2020 12:18 am
Sean's musical ear listens for cadence and style to help identify the location and ancestry of the speaker.

Rolls

Knowledge Geography - (1d20+9)

(18) + 9 = 27

Jan 17, 2020 12:34 am
78RPMLife sent a note to Qralloq
78RPMLife sent a note to DarkReaver1998
78RPMLife sent a note to Moonbeam
Jan 17, 2020 12:38 am
Verrian frowns and concentrates on trying to place what sounds familiar about something the unknown person has said.

Rolls

Word stuff - (1d20+5)

(14) + 5 = 19

Jan 17, 2020 12:38 am
Coreene's face flashes with a bit of confusion as to how this all could have gone this way. She locks eyes with Verrian.
@Verrian:: "There's some of the Vaelt in her speech. I'm almost certain of it. If she isn't elven, then she's incredibly fluent."
Jan 17, 2020 12:41 am
Swan whispers, " This woman comes from one of the coastal harbor cities of The Vaelt, probably Iufaila, the one farther to the west, given the burr in her 'r' sounds"
Jan 17, 2020 12:44 am
Jan 17, 2020 2:37 am
The conclusion Verrian reaches is so unexpected, so seemingly impossible, that she discards it and redoubles her efforts to deduce who this unknown voice might belong to. But this only leads her to the same conclusion, and her face betrays utter surprise.

@Everyone:: I don't think this woman is in Meriava. That is, I don't think she was in Meriava under the wards. Either Athisa's disc was taken from Meriava, or this person entered the city sometime in the last few days.

She lets that thought sit for a moment before adding, @Everyone:: It's possible that the wards have come down.
Jan 17, 2020 2:44 am
Clearing her throat, Verrian says lightly, "Well, perhaps you could tell us what street you found the disc lying in? I'm now a little concerned about what might have become of our friend who used to possess it."
Jan 17, 2020 4:35 am
"Perhaps I could. Perhaps I couldn't. Maybe I simply don't remember," replies the woman. "I've been down so many streets lately."

You can overhear the sound of a door opening, then closing quietly shortly after. The sound of muffled voices follows.
Jan 17, 2020 4:38 am
Verrian listens closely to the hushed voices, trying to recognize them or understand what they are saying.

Rolls

Speak up, mumblers - (1d20+8)

(13) + 8 = 21

Jan 17, 2020 4:46 am
Wil listens intently.

Rolls

Perception in English and or Elvish - (1D20)

(8) = 8

Jan 17, 2020 5:06 am
78RPMLife sent a note to Machiabelly
The voice returns, chuckling lightly. "So, I shall ask again. To whom might I be speaking? You've already told me that you're in Hara, that poor, benighted city," she says, as though conversing with an old friend over tea.
Jan 17, 2020 5:13 am
"Well, since you refuse to introduce yourself," Verrian says, attempting to match the speaker's tone. "perhaps you'll at least match our level of disclosure and tell us where you are. It's only fair, after all."

@Everyone:: I think we should avoid telling them our names, where we came from, or anything about our mission. But if we can keep them talking, maybe we'll get some more clues.
Jan 17, 2020 5:28 am
Wil mouths the word ELVISH to Verrian, then shrugs to show he doesn't know much else.
Jan 17, 2020 5:46 am
"Why I'm in Meriava, of course. I've never been here before. I'd always heard it was lovely, but... well, it's a bit disappointing. Very run down. Lots of grumpy people," says the woman. "I can understand why you left."
Jan 17, 2020 5:51 am
Verrian closes her eyes and sighs silently. "Well, it's not exactly a picnic outside of Meriava, either. Any chance I could speak to Athisa?" She thinks for a moment, then adds, "Or Master Iene?"
Jan 17, 2020 6:00 pm
"I'm afraid you'll have to wait to speak to Athisa. She is... indisposed at the moment. Fear not, she'll be back with you soon enough. Dear Aisurn, I can ask him if he'd like to speak with you, but I should mention that we're awfully busy getting ready to leave," she says. "He might not have time."
Jan 17, 2020 6:32 pm
"Tell him Verrian of Cyr would like a moment of his valuable time," Verrian says. @Everyone:: I have some history with him. He's not exactly an ally, but he might be the closest thing to it at the moment.
Jan 17, 2020 7:45 pm
"Oh, so you're Verrian of Cyr. Fascinating. I've heard so much about you!" says the woman, her tone delighted.

Her voice pitches as though she's calling out across the room. "Aisurn, dear... you were right, it is Verrian. Would you like to speak to her?"

She speaks more directly into the disc. "Just a moment, dear. He'll be right with you."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.