OOC tags

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jan 22, 2016 5:30 pm
On my phone that is very faint and hard to read, especially outside. I don't post while out an about as much as I used to, but I still am on the site through my phone from time to time. I'm not a fan of how it appears on my monitor either.

The slightly bolder "OOC:" is better than your line below it. The darkness needs to be bumped up a bit.

What about just a border? I like how Notes and Quotes look now. Could it just appear as text within a thin black border, or would that be to distracting for people?

I feel like having the OOC look different than Notes and Quotes is important, but if the background were a different color it would be enough to distinguish between the different type of communication.
Jan 22, 2016 5:32 pm
Checking naatkinson's bug
OOC:
Does this work? we shall see.
Jan 22, 2016 5:32 pm
That's basically what I wanted. I like it, of course.
OOC:
Short, efficient tagging and clearly stands out from everything else around it without 'competing' for your visual attention.
Allowing users to modify the colour with normal colour tags would be, certainly, sufficient (and more flexible then baked in colours). I also like that it doesn't have the box around it, as that makes the text feel like 'part' of the post (while quotes 'stand out' I think OOC should 'stand in' - if that makes sense). I might turn the dial up on the shading --closer to black.
Last edited January 22, 2016 5:33 pm
Jan 22, 2016 5:33 pm
Yeah...I see what Naatkinson got the first time.
OOC:
Test 2
This time I included text under the OOC comment.

Edit: Seems to have an issue with the [/ooc] being the last thing in the post. Beyond My skill to diagnose further.
Last edited January 22, 2016 5:34 pm
Jan 22, 2016 5:35 pm
This is in-character speech, with my PC saying "Oh yeah? I don't think you're ready at all!" and with that, he lashes out with his rapier.
OOC:
I'm trying to attack to subdue, rather than kill, using the overpower rules from the Wanderer Options Guidebook. If the hit is successful, I'd like to swing away on the chandelier. Would that be DEX or AGY?
Last edited January 22, 2016 6:23 pm
Jan 22, 2016 5:36 pm
I see what Naatkinson means.
Jan 22, 2016 5:38 pm
It may be caching. Try force refreshing your page?
Jan 22, 2016 5:39 pm
Candi says:
That's basically what I wanted. I like it, of course.
OOC:
Short, efficient tagging and clearly stands out from everything else around it without 'competing' for your visual attention.
Allowing users to modify the colour with normal colour tags would be, certainly, sufficient (and more flexible then baked in colours). I also like that it doesn't have the box around it, as that makes the text feel like 'part' of the post (while quotes 'stand out' I think OOC should 'stand in' - if that makes sense). I might turn the dial up on the shading --closer to black.
I understand your point of view Candi. If the text were darker I would be happier. As it is it is to light, but I do like the format if the font color can be fixed.
Jan 22, 2016 5:41 pm
Hmm, force refreshing the page seems to fix the bug with it keeping the tags in the post
Fixed it; bad regex.

Ok, so let's talk color. I thought about going with a light greyish/blue, which definitely read better. Wanna see it?
Agreed. It did fix it.
Jan 22, 2016 5:44 pm
I can also add a color attribute to the ooc tag, so people could do something like [ ooc color="this would be a color" ] (sans spaces). But we should figure out a default color. I tried a darker grey, but it ends up looking like it's just part of the main text. How does this grey/blue look?
Jan 22, 2016 5:46 pm
I was thinking something like #4d4d4d (30% white) where you've used something like #bfbfbf (75% white). Maybe #52527a (a 'muddied' purple) could work too. You need to avoid 'light' colours, or else it will have the same reading problems as the current one - but sure, let's see the blue.
Jan 22, 2016 5:47 pm
Candi says:
I was thinking something like #4d4d4d (30% white) where you've used something like #bfbfbf (75% white). Maybe #52527a (a 'muddied' purple) could work too. You need to avoid 'light' colours, or else it will have the same reading problems as the current one - but sure, let's see the blue.
Try a refresh or force refresh; it's in. I really have to figure out how to fix this cache issue.
Jan 22, 2016 5:50 pm
This is in-character speech, with my PC saying "Oh yeah? I don't think you're ready at all!" and with that, he lashes out with his rapier.
OOC:

I'm trying to attack to subdue, rather than kill, using the overpower rules from the Wanderer Options Guidebook. If the hit is successful, I'd like to swing away on the chandelier. Would that be DEX or AGY?
This is the purply one, now, yes? (that's what I see). Looks nice a clean now.

Foolsmask, hows the reading on the small screen?
Last edited January 22, 2016 5:51 pm
Jan 22, 2016 5:53 pm
Candi says:
OOC:

This is the purply one, now, yes? (that's what I see). Looks nice a clean now.

Foolsmask, hows the reading on the small screen?
Heh, that's actually the blue/grey I chose :p But I'm glad you like it!

So I didn't think the color tag would work IN the ooc tag, but glad it does. Guess I don't need to code that. We can still look at defining types of OOC if we want. But overall, yah, keep the thoughts coming.
Jan 22, 2016 6:03 pm
I asked because I didn't trust my judgement of what colour it actually is (and, apparently, I was right not to trust my judgement of colour).
OOC:
Maybe I should take Disadvantage: Colour Discrimination to get a bonus action this round. Is that ok?
And as a really thorough testing, I wanted to see if the formatting is distracting, or perfect, for a post with ooc text threaded into it.
OOC:
What roll should I make to evaluate it? I think my 'critical of everything' perk applies here as well, so whatever skill it is I treat it as 2 ranks higher.
Jan 22, 2016 6:08 pm
Well, your judgement is right. The line between purple and blue/grey is thin.
Jan 22, 2016 6:15 pm
I'm actually wondering if we should go for a blue or a green as the base text, so if people want to modify it, they could go for red and either the opposing color (green on blue or blue on green), for bad and for good.
Jan 22, 2016 6:25 pm
I think what you've done is fine, AND it allows additional color-tagging. Perfect!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.