Chapter 2.1 - Into the Strange

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jan 30, 2016 4:32 pm
AJ ducks the obvious attack handily, moving into a better spot for his next action. Unfortunately, his movements place him directly in the way of a shot from below, and debris flings up into his eyes. {AJ takes 3 might damage, and a one step difficulty on actions for one round}

Below, the aliens seem to be congregating at the system terminal by the orb. Several are forming a defensive perimter and the others are trying to put their misshapen forms behind cover of some kind. The orb begins to spin, it's purplish light pulsating more rapidly, and emits a high pitched keening noise that you feel rather than hear.
OOC:
AJ and Floats are up next, followed by Diego and Eli
Jan 30, 2016 4:41 pm
Can you describe how many aliens there are and which are where? I think there are two groups - one group without cover and the other group below, now huddled around the orb - but I'm not sure
Jan 30, 2016 7:11 pm
Three of them are facing you {T5}, {T6}, and {T7}, sort of floating up into the clear with their weapons sizzling from discharge.

Below you, about 15 meters below, are where three are huddled around the system terminal, one entering commands rapidly into the terminal {T8}, and the other two brandishing weapons from behind cover, {T9} and {T10}.

There are at least two others in the area below, also trying to fire at you from behind cover. These two are each about 5 meters from each other and the other 3.{T11} and {T12}
Feb 1, 2016 2:59 am
Half blinded by the debris frm below, I take careful aim on the closest alien I can see.
OOC:
Using one level of Efffort.

Rolls

Attack (5 damage) - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Feb 1, 2016 3:17 am
T5 takes 5 points of damage, and is still up.
Feb 1, 2016 11:09 am
Eli aims carefully at T8 and let's a blast go

(Forgot to add that he would radio in to Awayium that they may need some help down here)
Last edited February 1, 2016 11:10 am

Rolls

Spike rifle (7+2)=9 damage (1 level of Effort to hit) - (1d20+3)

(14) + 3 = 17

Feb 1, 2016 12:15 pm
"The one that uses the iron box that is guarded! We should stop him." Floats on Thunder says through his suit realizing his voice is muffled. He starts stomping his booted foot the suit hitting the floor with an odd patterned metal clinking sound. The reverberations seem to skittle down and bound towards the ones guarding the iron box worker.

(Exception Applying Effort to damage 1+3 Int Cost -1 Int Edge)

Rolls

Exception Task Level 3 (9) - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Feb 1, 2016 10:43 pm
"I'm on it." Diego says in response to FoT's remark. Having nearly killed his party more than once in their time together, he nonetheless feels confident in his ability to hit a far away target while floating through the air. Quickly taking in his surroundings he levels his machine pistol towards the iron box using baddie (T8) hoping that he'll finish off what Eli has started and that the recoil of his gun will push him behind some decent cover.

Rolls

Attack Roll [4 Damage] - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Feb 2, 2016 2:25 pm
Eli's spike rifle tears through the terminal operator, who bounces off the scaffolding it is standing on, and drifts off.
OOC:
{T8} is clearly dead from Eli's shot. Would Floats and Diego like to choose another target?
Feb 2, 2016 2:31 pm
OOC:
Sorry I was aiming at {T9} but I think I missed.
Feb 2, 2016 2:51 pm
Remnant says:
OOC:
Sorry I was aiming at {T9} but I think I missed.
I see that now, but yeah, that's a miss.
Feb 2, 2016 10:34 pm
OOC:
T9 would work as an alternate target for Diego.
Feb 3, 2016 12:19 am
Diego, seeing his initial target splattered by Eli, adjusts his aim to an adjacent alien, but his machine pistol shot strikes the box the alien is hiding behind.
OOC:
Difficulty was 9, with one step of difficulty for cover making it a 12.

The aliens, tired of being picked apart begin to focus on the group. The three nearby ({T5-7} all focus fire at Eli. One of the ones below {T10} takes his buddies place at the system terminal, and the orb spins faster and faster, causing the air around the orb to begin to wave like heat off of desert sand. {T9} fires back at Diego. {T11} fires at Floats and {T12} fires at AJ.
OOC:
Eli: 3 speed defense rolls vs. 9
Diego, AJ and Floats: 1 speed defense roll each vs. 6

Also, if you have a skill that you can roll to figure out what the orb is doing, make me a roll. (For Floats, this will be The Strange.)
Feb 3, 2016 12:56 am
With the aliens readily figuring what the party is trying to do Floats on Thunder attempts to move out of the way of danger while seeing a new operator at the box. It makes him wonder that is going on.
OOC:
I Also have find the flaw if that helps.

Rolls

Speed defense - (1d20)

(19) = 19

The Strange check (Trained) - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Feb 3, 2016 1:07 am
With lighting quickness, Eli avoids the brunt of the barrage

(Ooc I forgot to mention for my nat 20 defense last round I wanted to spook 1 alien as per Fights Aliens major effect suggestion)
Last edited February 3, 2016 1:10 am

Rolls

Speed defense (first) - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Speed defense (bonus first) - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Speed defense (second) - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Speed defense (bonus #2) - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Speed defense (third) - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Speed defense (bonus third) - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Feb 3, 2016 1:23 am
"Missed!" Diego yells, cursing at himself under his breath, as he sees his intended target taking aim...
OOC:
BAH! 4 damage? Might?
Last edited February 3, 2016 1:24 am

Rolls

Speed Defense - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Feb 3, 2016 1:32 am
Floats evades the energy weapon that comes at him from below.

Eli dodges the first two shots from the trio floating across from you, but the third comes super close, singing his clothing.
OOC:
Eli is trained in speed defense, lowering the difficulty by one step, so the 6 succeeds.
Remnant says:
OOC:
I Also have find the flaw if that helps.
They don't really have any flaws, other than ruthless efficiency and a fanatical devotion to the space pope.
Ultrann36 says:
(Ooc I forgot to mention for my nat 20 defense last round I wanted to spook 1 alien as per Fights Aliens major effect suggestion)
Cool, one of them will rethink the attack they just made and run for it.
Feb 3, 2016 1:33 am
szemely says:
OOC:
BAH! 4 damage? Might?
3 might damage.
Feb 3, 2016 1:43 am
Diego lets out a scream!!
OOC:
Diego is impaired (no more might)
Feb 3, 2016 1:44 am
OOC:
Did I figure anything out with my 16?