Chat Room OOC

load previous
Jan 8, 2020 7:45 am
Cep100 says:
I tried to post as the Ian character so I could use the profile pic but it's not working for some reason. Do you see it on your end, Peach?
Might be because I (as GM) hadn't approved the character yet. It's approved now. Maybe try again?
Jan 9, 2020 3:46 pm
I'm worried about that disruptor weapon that the boss is carrying. Can Kara identify it? Do I need to roll for a move?
Jan 9, 2020 4:00 pm
The_Grey_Wulf says:
I'm worried about that disruptor weapon that the boss is carrying. Can Kara identify it? Do I need to roll for a move?
Let's say it's a watered-down version of the T-8 Disruptor, a lot less disintegratey and more shocking. You can give it a name. ^_^
Jan 11, 2020 5:23 pm
Cep100 says:
Thinking quickly, Ian closes the door facing the thugs and locks it. "Okay, here's the rest of'the plan. There's a turret on'the side of this ship that didn' look too bad. Dri. You'n Misha head ta the Zero an get ready." Drawing his blaster he digs around in his pocket, "I need'a data disc. Anybody got an old lookin' one?" Despite them being outnumbered and outgunned he seems calm, collected. "I'mma run'em around a bit while you assholes shoot at'em." Suicidal.
@Ian/Cep100: Just to clarify - when you close "the door facing the thugs", which side are you standing on once the door is closed? On the outside (with the thugs), or the inside (with the nomads)?
Jan 11, 2020 5:39 pm
I'll wait for Ian to answer, but I think we're outside as it stands. I have an idea of how to buy us time to get inside, but if we're already inside it's a moot point and it may interfere with an attempt at deception.
Jan 11, 2020 6:02 pm
Fair enough. And it makes sense since Ian's already in action.

And I must remind everyone: This is already a firefight - you are all in danger of receiving damage (harm) from the Strus Clan's blasters. If you take any action that isn't shooting back (which will count as Going In Blazing), you will either be Acting Under Pressure or Defending someone else. You can check the Basic Moves here - I've made some adjustments that aren't in the PDF and that might have affected the moves you're considering.

This also counts for Ian: You need to roll to act under pressure to close the door and call out your plan.
Jan 11, 2020 9:57 pm
Maybe a map would help. Because what I'm picturing is that our ships are parked on the far side of the ship. I was thinking we'd be -inside- the Corvette when Ian closed the door. Fighting them outside would be silly.
Last edited January 11, 2020 9:57 pm
Jan 11, 2020 10:24 pm
There's one linked in the spoiler labeled adventure information
Jan 11, 2020 10:54 pm
Okay, thanks. Yeah, definitely while we're inside. I am surprised we are even outside at all!
Jan 12, 2020 1:22 pm
Okay, adjusted the post to match the map a little better!
Jan 13, 2020 6:57 am
Okay, I'll be updating the scene tonight, and make the necessary rolls if you still haven't made them.

Some notes in response to the actions already made:

● Ian's idea to use the turret: Even if you do get the turret back online, you all realize that it can't be used in quite the way that Ian's suggesting. Not only is it on the far side of the ship, its field of movement is also rather limited that it can't hit anything that is on the ground on the port (left) side of the wreck. It might be useful for firing on flying targets, though, on either side of the wreck. Still, the sounds of the turret firing might have an effect...

● Isaac's illusion: Because you chose to expand the effect and not to make it seem real, the bandits realize that it is an illusion. Still, in that moment that the illusion comes into existence, it confounds the bandits enough that you all get +1 to act against their shots (whether you're Acting Under Pressure, Going In Blazing, or some other action). ^_^
Jan 13, 2020 7:02 pm
That's not actually what Ian's thinking. He knows the enemy needs to be on the starboard side. That's the plan. The +1 will definitely help though.
Jan 14, 2020 3:37 am
Cep100 says:
That's not actually what Ian's thinking. He knows the enemy needs to be on the starboard side. That's the plan. The +1 will definitely help though.
Okay. But you still need to move the enemies far starboard if you want to even aim at them while they're on the ground. These turrets cannot aim below their horizontal, are mostly meant to be used against incoming targets in space, where the ship can rotate itself to expand on the turret's aim.

Also, that +1 has already been applied to your Act Under Pressure moves (running into the wreck). It no longer applies to anything else as the Strus have realized that it's an illusion.
Jan 16, 2020 3:54 am
Hey, just want to clarify. It seems like the Strus clan is probably not in a position that they can be pulled around to the opposite side of the corvette. If I'm wrong I'm happy to give an illusion a try, but would it even be mechanically possible before I blow my last force point?
Jan 16, 2020 4:04 am
Eskaton says:
Hey, just want to clarify. It seems like the Strus clan is probably not in a position that they can be pulled around to the opposite side of the corvette. If I'm wrong I'm happy to give an illusion a try, but would it even be mechanically possible before I blow my last force point?
It will all depend on the narrative of the effect you're trying to create, and the choices that you make for the Force Illusion move. Note that the inverse of the effects that you do not choose happen. So, if you don't choose "It extends deeply, holding up against close scrutiny", it means the illusion is weak and can be easily discerned. If you don't choose "It extends broadly across many minds", then the illusion sticks to only one person.
Jan 16, 2020 4:41 am
I was just thinking we'd lead them to the other side of the ship. Where our ships were parked. Isn't that the only place there can be a crossfire?
Jan 16, 2020 5:15 am
Cep100 says:
I was just thinking we'd lead them to the other side of the ship. Where our ships were parked. Isn't that the only place there can be a crossfire?
That's certainly possible, although whether or not they'll take the bait will depend largely on how you phrase your actions. After all, your actions might not fit with their motivations/intentions, in which case you'd just have left armed bandits in the wreck with a bunch of mostly defenseless nomads.
Jan 17, 2020 4:59 pm
Why is Kara going to the Zero when the Zero is stationary? I thought she was headed to the Promise so she could take out the speeder bikes?
Jan 17, 2020 5:32 pm
Cep100 says:
Why is Kara going to the Zero when the Zero is stationary? I thought she was headed to the Promise so she could take out the speeder bikes?
Good catch. Even on the map, I had her moved to the Promise, not the Zero. ^_^
Jan 17, 2020 5:56 pm
NP, lol, going to be hard to take out those speeders with the Zero, right now.
load next

Thread locked