Chat Room OOC

load previous
Jan 18, 2020 4:58 am
Maybe Isaac's dagger could be considered to be helping Ian out? We just need to slow them down a little is all.
Jan 18, 2020 1:19 pm
Heya, got invited to family stuff this weekend,
I'll probably only be able to answer tomorrow evening. Maybe I can sneak in one tonight, but I can't say right now.
Jan 19, 2020 2:23 pm
Cep100 says:
Maybe Isaac's dagger could be considered to be helping Ian out? We just need to slow them down a little is all.
We can do that... but it's a bad roll. :(

Rolls

Isaac: Help Ian - (2d6+1)

(14) + 1 = 6

Jan 22, 2020 5:47 am
@Ian/Cep100 and @Dri'Kent/Caesar: What type of blasters are mounted on your ships (e.g. single barrel or double barrel, slow heavy blasts or quick light blasts, etc.) and what color bolts do their fire? These would be entirely for narrative flavor - your ships would still do the damage indicated in their stats. ^_^
Jan 22, 2020 10:05 am
Wookiepedia says:
The Lambda was reasonably well armed, with three double blaster cannons (one rear-mounted) and two double laser cannons.
If I understand it correctly, Blaster Cannons are the lighter weapon, while Laser Cannons are heavier.
I'm gonna look up footage of the Lambda shooting later today to determine color and frequency of the shots.
(although it's probably rather slow and red, since red was the cheaper gas)
Last edited January 22, 2020 10:36 am
Jan 22, 2020 10:41 am
I don't know anything about blaster models xD
I would say Arani just uses a simple handheld blaster pistol, picked for reliability and a cheap price above anything else. Probably just some very common model.
Jan 22, 2020 10:43 am
Caesar says:
Wookiepedia says:
The Lambda was reasonably well armed, with three double blaster cannons (one rear-mounted) and two double laser cannons.
If I understand it correctly, Blaster Cannons are the lighter weapon, while Laser Cannons are heavier.
I'm gonna look up footage of the Lambda shooting later today to determine color and frequency of the shots.
That's the thing - we don't have to keep to the canon. You can make up your own weapon set - within the limits of your game stats, of course. You can choose the color of bolts, the frequency of the shots, and whatever else - they are all just for the narrative anyway. We can say that you've made some changes to the ship. ^_^

Of course, it's also perfectly okay to stick to canon. ;)
Jan 22, 2020 10:50 am
bowlofspinach says:
I don't know anything about blaster models xD
I would say Arani just uses a simple handheld blaster pistol, picked for reliability and a cheap price above anything else. Probably just some very common model.
I wasn't referring to the specific blaster model, sorry. The Medic playbook has a list of weapons for you - I need you to pick from that list so we can determine what tags your weapon has. For example, I assumed Arani is carrying a Blaster Pistol, but you might have meant for her to have a Blaster Carbine, which would be a different kind of weapon. ^_^
Jan 22, 2020 11:02 am
Right, sorry. I missed that part and only read the "small practical weapon" part and assumed that would just be a blaster pistol.

I'll just go with a blaster pistol and I'll add it to my character sheet once I'm back at my computer
Jan 22, 2020 11:22 am
bowlofspinach says:
I'll just go with a blaster pistol and I'll add it to my character sheet once I'm back at my computer
That works then. I was already assuming the same. Thanks. ^_^
Jan 22, 2020 12:05 pm
Peachyco says:
Caesar says:
Wookiepedia says:
That's the thing - we don't have to keep to the canon. You can make up your own weapon set - within the limits of your game stats, of course. You can choose the color of bolts, the frequency of the shots, and whatever else - they are all just for the narrative anyway. We can say that you've made some changes to the ship. ^_^

Of course, it's also perfectly okay to stick to canon. ;)
That does make sense~
I'll still go with the standard armaments, and I think it would fire more slowly, with red laser and blaster bolts.
Jan 22, 2020 3:06 pm
Standard red is perfectly fine. And I think the Muurian transport's guns are dual lasers.
Jan 23, 2020 2:41 am
Eskaton says:
OOC:
I'm envisioning the scene from the Wachowskis speed racer where speed wakes his car up after nearly crashing out in the final race. I imagine this would be a force roll, but am not sure. I've got one force ppint left before I have to recharge them. If it would be a force roll, I'm cool with you making it, but if it's pointless to go down that route, I'll react to the silence.
That's fine. You can use the Force in this way. ^_^
Jan 23, 2020 6:33 am
We do have comms, right?
Jan 23, 2020 6:50 am
Caesar says:
We do have comms, right?
Since you are a team, sure, you have 'em. ^_^
Jan 23, 2020 10:57 am
@Isaac/Eskaton: Your action here is successful. The turret somehow comes online. You can narrate what you want to do with it. ^_^

Remember, though, that the turret cannot aim below its horizontal. It can't fire at people on the ground.
Jan 27, 2020 5:39 pm
Sorry about the delay. Had a company workshop off-site that I was included in at the last minute. :(
Cep100 says:
After hearing the blaster fire outside, Ian nods slowly. His normal trickster smirk is still replaced by a cold, devious grin. "Stay," he says to Arani with a voice that lacks emotion enough to call it condescending. At least intentionally. Standing he makes a break for the exit towards the Zero, "Copy that! I downloaded the secret an I'm on my way out!" He turns to fire a couple random shots at the marauders, not to hit them but so that he's turned towards them when he talks about having the secret. As fast as he can he takes off towards the Zero, hopefully pulling the Stros along after him.
@Ian/Cep100: You are Acting Under Pressure here. Please roll accordingly, make your choices, and narrate accordingly in-game.

On a 10+: You get your way. You get to the exit, take no damage, and have the Strus believe you have the data.

On a 7-9: You still take no damage, but you have to choose - (1) you get outside but the Strus don't believe you, or (2) you stumble out of cover but don't make it out the exit, and the Strus believe you and draw their attention.

On a miss: You take 2 Harm, stumble out of cover but don't make it to the exit, and the Strus don't believe you.
Jan 30, 2020 4:09 am
So sorry, everyone. I set this game up for my buddy, but we feel like the pace isn't working for us anymore. I'll have to shut this one down.

Thread locked