OOC Thread

load previous
Mar 15, 2021 1:35 pm
S'okay. Thanks for letting us know!
Mar 29, 2021 3:22 am
I am going to be out-of-contact from Thursday, Apr 1 to Monday, April 11. I'm taking my niece and nephew to Disneyworld for their first visit! Please be patient and I will update after my return.
Apr 20, 2021 7:49 pm
HeroAmongMen, I didn't realize that you were still level 1. Go ahead and level up to 2, please.
Apr 21, 2021 2:06 am
Hello good people.

I don't know Greyhawk at all, but I do know 5e. I would like to bring along a cleric to your merry band.

Anything I need to know about the borderlands as I create this character? It seems fairly rough and tumble at a glance. I am thinking a War Cleric might be appropriate? Or a Forge Cleric? I will gladly take suggestions.

Also... Is the pantheon fairly similar in Greyhawk?
Apr 21, 2021 4:02 am
Several deities of Greyhawk appear in the Player's Handbook (2014): Beory, Boccob, Celestian, Elhonna, Erythnul, Fharlanghn, Heironeous, Hextor, Kord, Incabulos, Istus, Iuz, Nerull, Obad-Hai, Olidammara, Pelor, Pholtus, Ralishaz, Rao, S. Cuthbert, Tharizdun, Trithereon, Ulaa, Vecna and Wee Jas; likewise the non-human deities including Corellon Larethian, Garl Glittergold, Moradin, Sehanine Moonbow, and Yondalla. They can be found in Appendix B.

Beory, goddess of nature
Boccob, god of magi.
Celestian, god of stars and wanderers
Ehlonna, goddess of the woodlands
Erythnul, god of envy and slaughter
Fharlanghn, god of horizons and travel
Heironeous, god of chivalry and valor
Hextor, god of war and discord
Kord, god of athletics and sport
Incabulos, god of plague and famine
Istus, goddess of fate and destiny
Iuz, god of pain and oppression
Nerull, god of death
Obad-hai, god of nature
Pelor, god of the sun and healing
Pholtus, god of light and law
Ralishaz, god of ill luck and insanity
Rao, god of peace and reason
St. Cuthbert, god of common sense and zeal
Tharizdun, god of eternal darkness
Trithereon, god of liberty and retribution
Ulaa, goddess of hills and mountains
Vecna, god of evil secrets
Wee Jas, goddess of magic and death

Corellon Larethian, elf deity of art and magic
Deep Sashelas, elf god of the sea
Garl Glittergold, gnome god of trickery and wiles
Moradin, dwarf god of creation
Rillifane Rallathil, wood elf god of nature
Sehanine Moonbow, elf goddess of the moon
Yondalla, halfling goddess of fertility and protection
Apr 21, 2021 6:18 am
WhtKnt says:
HeroAmongMen, I didn't realize that you were still level 1. Go ahead and level up to 2, please.
Leveling up, thanks!
Apr 21, 2021 8:14 am
Welcome GeneCortess and Dirteshot!
Apr 21, 2021 12:45 pm
Alrighty...

Here is what I am thinking:
Cleric of Life to the god Tritheroen - a wood elf (or hill dwarf) who was once a slave and has been rescued and now serves Trithereon. His favorite phrase is that life is to be lived and that everyone should live life to the fullest.
Last edited April 21, 2021 12:56 pm

Len

Apr 21, 2021 4:48 pm
Hey everyone! Thanks WhtKnt for the invitation. I've been looking for a more old-school style of games for a while. I'm a big fan of that style and know something of the challenges of running and playing it in PbP.

Looking forward to playing in another game with Gene, Matmaisan, and HeroAmongMen! And glad to get a chance to play alongside Dankel and Dirteshot for the first time.

I was thinking to play a dwarven rogue, eventually a thief. I think I'll stick with rogue but look into some other possibilities, maybe go very traditional with Halfling. I'll decide soon!
Apr 21, 2021 6:11 pm
Great to have you here Lenpelletier! A rogue would be definitely welcome, seeing as we’re exploring a mage’s demented labyrinth... a cleric too!
Apr 23, 2021 2:17 pm
Just wondering, @WhtKnt, how you plan on having the new players join. I for one would have little objection to just assuming they've been with us all along (i.e., since we last left the keep).

In case you all want to catch up a bit, here's a summary of our earlier explorations with a map. Since then,
- we've explored around an abandoned throne room, finding a ceremonial room as well as a staircase to a lower level, which we decided not to explore immediately;
- decided to head NW trying to find some small reptilian humanoids we assume are Kobolds;
- found identical teleporting rooms;
- got trapped by a portcullis;

Storywise, here is when our party (in its latest line-up) got together at the keep, and we explained what we had done (tried to dispel the curse on an elf that Zelligar had transformed into a cat), and discussed some possible quests to undertake. We chose to continue exploring Zelligar's lair, where we're currently at.
Apr 23, 2021 9:26 pm
If you guys are okay with bending suspension of disbelief, I am absolutely fine with them having been with you since you left.

Len

Apr 23, 2021 9:54 pm
Wow Matmaisan, that is a kingly gift! Thank you. I have joined several games in-progress and it is always a challenge to get up to speed.

My character concept is complete, just have to transfer it into a GP character sheet.
Apr 23, 2021 9:58 pm
Len: Sasha puts away her "Character eraser"...
Apr 24, 2021 2:04 am
Looks like I need to do some reading. Thanks Matmaisan!
Apr 24, 2021 9:55 am
lenpelletier says:
Wow Matmaisan, that is a kingly gift! Thank you. I have joined several games in-progress and it is always a challenge to get up to speed.
You’re welcome. I find these posts useful for myself as well: I often try to recall some detail from a scene that transpired six months ago IRL, and having a sort of index helps. Also, for dungeon crawling at least, a annotated map comes in handy.

As to the party’s course of action, I’m not sure we need to continue on our current path for long : if we don’t run into the kobolds or some other form of resistance soon, we could either head down to the second level (traditionally more dangerous in Old school design), or simply head out of the dungeon and start looking for some bandits that are marauding these borderlands.
Apr 24, 2021 10:20 am
I agree, let us just say the new players have been with us since we entered Zeligar's lair, and also, if we do not find anything of interest soon to look at alternatives, Cormac certainly would be thinking along those lines.
Apr 27, 2021 5:03 pm
Greetings to all! I'm looking forward to playing although some names I recognize from pithy comments made on Discord.

Pending approval, I think I have my character with a direction for her to go...yes, she is the ultimate murdering hobo! But you can sleep even if you sleep light, as of yet she has not lost her humanity and kobolds seems perfect fodder to feed her beauty regiment. After all, someone has to be alive to admire all the work!
May 14, 2021 12:29 am
I have one more player joining us shortly and I will be bringing that character in shortly. I have an "in story" method of getting them in, so just carry on.
May 14, 2021 12:37 am
Cool. Sench takes a bite out of the new person to see if they are good enough. And Sench likes his meat fresh!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.