OOC Thread

load previous
Oct 5, 2021 5:01 pm
Just a heads-up to all of you; I have a busy couple of weeks at work here, so I probably won't be posting very much.

Thanks for understanding!
Oct 13, 2021 4:05 pm
Just a note to say that you are not forgotten. I'm dealing with a family crisis for the next day or so.
Oct 27, 2021 6:54 pm
Hey, just popped in to let you know I'm still around, but have had zero personal time over the last ten days or so. My family has moved to a new home, and I've been entirely focused on managing family life and, since Monday, work as well. I'll try to catch up in the next few days, as things settle into a more comfortable rhythm.

Len

Oct 27, 2021 7:17 pm
Hang in there everybody! :)
Oct 29, 2021 12:41 am
I will be on vacation from the 5th of November to the 17th of November, inclusive, and will have very limited access during this time (I'm going to Disneyworld). If I am in your game, please bot me. If you are in my game, please sit tight and we will resume on my return. I will try to get as much posting in as possible prior to this time, but we are still dealing with a death in the family.
Oct 31, 2021 11:14 am
Have a great time at Disneyworld, I know it is a difficult time for you and your family but I hope you enjoy yourself. It is definitely on the list of places that I want to visit with my family (we've been to Disneyland Paris a number of times)

Len

Oct 31, 2021 4:07 pm
Awesome, you and your family deserve some happy together time. Enjoy! I'll be here when you return, and will post soon for the current situation.
Oct 31, 2021 8:53 pm
Thank you. My wife's aunt (the dearly deceased) was an amazing woman; artist, musician, soldier. She was 90 years old and it was just her time, I guess. The stressor is not so much her passing, but that my wife was one of the few people that she trusted with her affairs. Thus, she is the executrix of the estate. And the family members are closing in for their share.
Nov 2, 2021 6:15 pm
I have two new players incoming and will introduce them when the moment presents itself. Until then, carry on! Welcome to nuworld and carkl3000!
Nov 2, 2021 6:37 pm
Thanks! Excited to join in! I've been starved for some RPGs lately :-)
Nov 4, 2021 2:52 pm
Welcome nuworld and carkl3000!

You may be interested in a couple of summaries of what has transpired since the beginning of this game.

We are currently exploring Zelligar's maze. On a first delve, the party had been searching for ways to lift a curse that had been cast upon an elf, who had been polymorphed into a cat (summary of that first delve). (here you can find all the discussion with the original group leading to us following this cat to Zelligar's maze). I had summarized our accomplishments during that first delve some time past.

After that first delve, we returned to the Keep to regroup (recruit new members), and had a series of exchanges with the newcomers that start here. The new party was persuaded to head back to Zelligar's maze, where we continued explorations :
- we explored the throne room, turning up very little in the way of loot; we did find a staircase leading downwards (which we did not immediately use), and a sort of temple/place of offering;
- we failed to find a path to the SW of the maze where we expected to find what we thought might be some kobolds the hill people we had previously fought had encountered;
- we found twin teleporting rooms;
- we were caught in a trap that had Caelymbor and Azyrus blocked behind a portcullis;
- we found a room with a well leading to the second floor, lowered our rogue to have a look, but decided to entre the lower level through the aforementioned staircase ;
- going down the staircase we found a large, unfinished room with large mushrooms and a door. Turnre out said door was a mimic. Thanks to some fast thinking — and sweet talking — by Leothorn, we avoided a fight, by handing over a lot of rations.
- we continued exploring downstairs, fought a spider, found a troglodyte corpse in a cocoon.
- we continued exploring and found an unfinished underground amphitheater, empty of foes or loot;
- as we headed back from that chamber to a tunnel that was partially blocked by a mid-height wall, we ran into a Gelatinous cube, which we've just dispatched after taking some hits.

And that more or less summarizes where we're at. Caelymbor 'the Wise' and Cormac are the only two 'original' members of the adventuring party. Leo, Azyrus and Vita are three adventurers who joined for the second delve.

Len

Nov 4, 2021 3:07 pm
Wow, matmaisan that is a heroic post! Thanks buddy!
Nov 4, 2021 3:29 pm
Yeah! Great summary matmaisan! Thank you!

Should I post my character in the Character thread? Or just wait until introductions?
Nov 4, 2021 3:55 pm
I don't know what you arranged with @WhKnt. But in case you don't mind presentingyour character, the Character thread is the place where you can do that. As to introductions, I think that depends on how the DM wants to handle those: he might go for a discrete switcharoo (you've been always along, just very quiet), or try to introduce your two characters in game, as prisoners, adventurers we encounter, etc.
Nov 4, 2021 9:12 pm
I think in the interest of getting them in quickly, we are going to suspend disbelief and say that they have always been with the party, just very, very quiet. As you guys get your characters done, just go ahead and introduce them.
Nov 4, 2021 11:24 pm
Thank you for the summary! I'll try to get a character finalized over the weekend.

Len

Nov 5, 2021 2:16 am
welcome carkl3000 and nuworld!
Nov 5, 2021 2:26 am
Picking some spells. Wondering what ritual spells the party has covered already, (detect magic?, comprehend languages? Speak with animals?)
Nov 5, 2021 8:52 am
Caelymbor has comprehend languages. Not the others you mentioned.
Nov 5, 2021 12:56 pm
Cool. Thanks!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.