Escape from Skull Prison/Character Sheets

Jan 21, 2020 4:41 am
heres a thread to post who your characters are and why for the introductory adventure "Escape From Skull Prison" are your characters in Skull Prison.
Jan 21, 2020 8:27 am
Name: Quentin
Archetype: The Smart
Concept: Cyborg decker hiding from Galactic Overlord
Level; Next level: 1; 0/2
Statistics: Physique 14; (P)Agility 8; (P)Intellect 12; Willpower 10
Body stress: 0/14
Vitality: 15/15; Sanity: 12/12; Luck: 4; Creds: 2
Complication: Hunted by an Overlord for theft
Archetype abilities:
Recovery Roll: 1d6
[ +- ] I Can Fix This
[ +- ] I Made Some Improvements
[ +- ] Machines Speak to Me
[ +- ] I’ve Read About This
Equipment:
Rations (week)
Batteries x5
- Armor: Leather coat, DR 1; Shield: none;
- Weapons:
Hand telescope blade, RNG melee, DMG 1d6-1;
Augmentations: WIP
[ +- ] Backstory
Last edited January 21, 2020 9:47 am

Rolls

Stat 1 - (3d6)

(622) = 10

Stat 2 - (3d6)

(332) = 8

Stat 3 - (3d6)

(635) = 14

Stat 4 - (3d6)

(462) = 12

Jan 21, 2020 10:08 pm
NAME: Epistocon 457
RACE: Cyberian
Archetype: The Nimble

ABILITY SCORES:
Physique: 14
Agility: 17
Intellect: 12
Willpower: 8

Complication: A bloodthirsty Pirate is after Epi's ass, supposedly for some slight.

Special Abilities: You Can't Hit Me The character can impose a number of Negative Dice on attacks against them per combat equal to their Level.
That's an Easy Target Instead of needing a full combat round to aim a shot, The Nimble can forego their Movement in a round to get the same benefit as someone aiming for a full round.
Luck is On My Side Characters from this Archetype can reroll a number of Luck Rolls per adventure equal to their Level.
I Know How to Do This they learn an additional profession at each odd Level, beginning at first. These professions can be used just like Concepts, granting and imposing Positive or Negative Dice.

Vitality: 15
Sanity: 12
Luck: 3
Credits: 2

Equipment:
Rifle, breach loading up to 6 cartridges, d6+1damage
Stiletto, d6-1 damage, easily hidden
Armor, long heavy leather coat, reduces physical damage by 1 pt.
Mechanical Toolkit

Assume that since we are likely imprisoned that the gear is stored elsewhere.

BACKGROUND:
After an unimpressive youth on his Cyberian homeworld Epi looked to improve his standing by learning to pilot spacecraft. He did this through logic and simple pestering of the right people. As was to be expected he got bored after a couple of years of ferry work between planets and stations and started looking for something more adventurous. A visit to a rather sordid place of entertainment led Epi to fall in with a ne'er-do-well band of pirates who happened to be looking for a hot shot pilot. It didn't take too long for Epi to realize what nasty people these were and for him to decide he had better look elsewhere for his thrills. Opportunity knocked a short time later when the pirates were accosting a small freighter on its way to Tau Ceti 3 with a rather rich cargo. He was told to stay aboard ship and have things ready to go at a split second. He took advantage of the situation and took off while the others were right in the middle of their assault.

Because he had not given any thought to where he would go there was no paper trail to follow. All he meant to do was get as far away as he could.
Last edited January 21, 2020 10:11 pm
Jan 31, 2020 5:55 am
Name: Lurk Shadewalker
Archetype: The Tough
Concept: Angsty Human warrior of an Overlord
Level; Next level:
Statistics: Physique 15(P) , Agility 12(P), Willpower 11, Intellect 10
Recovery roll: 1d6+2
Vitality: 17/17; Sanity: 10/10; Luck: 4; Creds: 2
Equipment:
1 medium laser blade, 1 medium suit of armour, 1 small knife.

Other details: Is 22 years old. Has parents that are aliens that look like humanoid lizards. Has secret desires of freedom.
Complication: "It is my Duty to return home in service to my Overlord as long as I'm still alive."
Special Abilities:
● Too Tough to Die: Once per adventure, upon reaching 0 Vitality, The Tough immediately regains
1d6 + Level Vitality points. This represents the character’s strong resilience and unfaltering
determination.
● Feel the Pain: No one strikes as hard as The Tough. All melee damage inflicted by the character
is increased by 1 (so if the weapon’s normal damage is 1d6, The Tough would cause 1d6+1
points of damage when using that weapon).
● I Can Take 'Em All: The Tough knows how to take advantage of their superior combat prowess.
The character can make a number of extra attacks per round equal to the difference between
their Level and the highest number of HD possessed by an opponent in close range
● That’s my Favorite: The Tough chooses one particular type of melee weapon as their favorite.
When using weapons of that type, the character rolls a Positive Die when attacking.
Backstory:
"My name is Lurk Shadewalker. I am a warrior in training for the local overlord named Seeth. I am a human raised by cunning Reptilian alien parents, who have led me to down a path of desiring to rise in power and rank under the overlord's sorcerous rule. One day, my colleague decided to betray me, which eventually landed me in Skull Prison. I'm bidding my time to find a way to escape... "
Last edited February 4, 2020 12:35 pm

Rolls

Stat rolling. - (3d6, 3d6, 3d6, 3d6)

3d6 : (164) = 11

3d6 : (663) = 15

3d6 : (226) = 10

3d6 : (561) = 12

Feb 2, 2020 1:45 am
How do I decide starting equipment?
Feb 3, 2020 12:08 am
RoAries says:
How do I decide starting equipment?
you can look that up on chapter 3 here
Mar 5, 2020 5:05 am
Is there any more developments of this I did not know of?
Mar 5, 2020 5:25 am
I haven't hears anything from our GM anywhere on this site.
Mar 16, 2020 5:32 pm
hi heres a character i made, just in case i don't want to be a GM.

Character Name
Lance Stargos
Character Sheet
Archetype: Tough

Concept: Lance Stargos is a Trekkat Soldier from the Barbaric Legions.

Complication: Lance has a dark secret. he accidentally killed a family on a mission to stop one of the Galactic Overlords armies. it has haunted him ever since. due to the guilt he allowed himself to be captured and sent to The Skull Prision.

Physique: 15

Agility 7

Intellect 12

Willpower 10

Vitality 17

Sanity 12

Luck 3

Equipment: Light Armour, Medium Vibroblade, Camera, Canteen, Backpack, com device.

Credits N/A

Archetype Abilities : ? Too Tough to Die: Once per adventure, upon reaching 0 Vitality, The Tough immediately regains
1d6 + Level Vitality points. This represents the character?s strong resilience and unfaltering
determination.
* Feel the Pain: No one strikes as hard as The Tough. All melee damage inflicted by the character
is increased by 1 (so if the weapon?s normal damage is 1d6, The Tough would cause 1d6+1
points of damage when using that weapon).
* I Can Take 'Em All: The Tough knows how to take advantage of their superior combat prowess.
The character can make a number of extra attacks per round equal to the difference between
their Level and the highest number of HD possessed by an opponent in close range
* That?s my Favorite: The Tough chooses one particular type of melee weapon as their favorite.
When using weapons of that type, the character rolls a Positive Die when attacking.
Mar 24, 2020 3:03 pm
Professor Myron Blass Human/The Smart - older middle aged scientist, looks even older than he is (and he look pretty rough).

Physique: 4

Agility: 12

Intellect: 14

Willpower: 12

Vitality: 5
Sanity: 14
Luck: 4

Complication: Secret - Forbidden Knowledge

I'm fine with having the Forbidden Knowledge being something that can spur the plot, or be used in some other creative way - I don't have to know what I know.

Equipment: I'm also fine with being put through the ringer and being on the run, or starting with nothing if this helps the game in any way. If possible being in the prison under another identity, so they're unaware of whom they've really got.
Last edited March 24, 2020 3:08 pm
Mar 25, 2020 11:48 pm
oldschoolfool says:
Professor Myron Blass Human/The Smart - older middle aged scientist, looks even older than he is (and he look pretty rough).

I'm fine with having the Forbidden Knowledge being something that can spur the plot, or be used in some other creative way - I don't have to know what I know.

Equipment: I'm also fine with being put through the ringer and being on the run, or starting with nothing if this helps the game in any way. If possible being in the prison under another identity, so they're unaware of whom they've really got.
ok so why was he imprisoned at Skull Prison?
Mar 26, 2020 2:07 am
bigfootRULES says:
oldschoolfool says:

ok so why was he imprisoned at Skull Prison?
He's broke and his Forbidden Knowledge is quite dangerous and quite valuable, he can't leverage that knowledge to right himself - it's just too dangerous. He was swept up in a mass bust under an assumed identity, using some basic science to make rather illegal powders and pills. Now he's really in deep, he figures it's just a matter of time before they (the powers that be at the prison) figure out who he is, and his secret also get him into even more trouble.
Apr 6, 2020 12:40 am
ok now that everybody's here we can begin the adventure, this is my first time being a game master or Overlord so i might make some mistakes on the way. so here is the setting for this adventure of Solar Blades and Cosmic Spells

The Skull Prison is a dark brooding prison administered by a private independent security force. It sits in the vacuum of space in a secret location, making it almost impossible for anyone to try to get to it, unless they are security agents themselves. They accept prisoners from Galactic Overlords, Crime Lords, corporations and anyone who can pay their prices or can provide other kinds of favors.

Guards are corrupt, violent and unconcerned with the prisoners’ security. As long as they stay within the prison and do not harm the prison property, they can do whatever they want to each other.

Prisoner life is rough. Not only are the guards extremely violent and careless, food is scarce, hygiene is terrible, and you even have to fight to have a bed to sleep upon. Major criminal factions dominate sections of the prison, making the mere act of talking to the wrong person a perilous task. That means unaffiliated prisoners need to keep their eyes open and find others to help them survive.

to sum it up. life sucks for all of you. you are all in your cells in the circular cell court , doing what you always have been doing since you where incarcerated when suddenly the lights go out, and the doors to your cells open. you all step out and it is chaos! the prisoners are rioting, Skull Sentinels are trying to maintain order, ect ect
Apr 6, 2020 2:12 am
In the days preceding this has there been any indication of trouble, other than the normal terrible stuff that goes on?

Myron will stay near his cell, carefully trying his best to protect himself.
Apr 6, 2020 3:12 am
oldschoolfool says:
In the days preceding this has there been any indication of trouble, other than the normal terrible stuff that goes on?

Myron will stay near his cell, carefully trying his best to protect himself.
nope this has never happened before in your time here in the prison.

you decided to stay in your cell for now while the chaos is ensuing. two inmates (hd: 1) are beating the crap out of each other while a Skull Sentry (hd: 3) is yelling from the security tower to cease and desist before he fires at the inmates.
Apr 6, 2020 5:57 am
It seems the guards didn't really know what to do with Epi as he was known to his friends of which there were very few in this forsaken place. They didn't know how to disarm him because they couldn't figure out if there were any weapons concealed within his 'body'. None of the oldtimers in the prison wanted to have anything to do with him because they thought he might be able to burn them to a cinder just with his 'eyes' which was just fine with him. He couldn't understand how he even got here. He thought he had gotten clean away from the pirates who had hired him to pilot their ship. Apparently they rigged it somehow to track it. And they must have called the authorities to report it stolen. Whatever it was, it didn't matter now. The place seemed like it was about to go up in flames but what could be a disaster could also be an opportunity. From the bars of his cell he calculated all the permutations of any possible escape plan.
Last edited April 6, 2020 11:52 pm
Apr 6, 2020 6:53 am
Lurk remains in his cell while still in meditation. Eventually he opens his eyes to witness the chaos infront of him. He calmly picks himself up and check again what he has on him...
OOC:
Let me know what he has with him and his cell. And also, if he could have a hidden dagger/makeshift shiv.
Apr 6, 2020 12:20 pm
Myron looks to hit the deck if the guard are going to open fire, he's not going to rush from the frying pan into the fire without a good reason.
Apr 6, 2020 4:33 pm
RoAries says:
Lurk remains in his cell while still in meditation. Eventually he opens his eyes to witness the chaos infront of him. He calmly picks himself up and check again what he has on him...
OOC:
Let me know what he has with him and his cell. And also, if he could have a hidden dagger/makeshift shiv.
i don't know if you even have the weapons in the beginning of this adventure like i said this is my first time RP-ing.
Apr 7, 2020 9:02 am
Lurk will also remain in his cell as he watch the inmates get gunned down. He waits till either the guard at the tower is distracted, or that a guard comes into the room that he could wrestle a weapon out of.
Apr 7, 2020 11:49 am
https://i.imgur.com/Ho8VD4b.jpg
OOC:
Can't seem to upload avatar.
Last edited April 7, 2020 11:50 am
Apr 7, 2020 2:27 pm
RoAries says:
Lurk will also remain in his cell as he watch the inmates get gunned down. He waits till either the guard at the tower is distracted, or that a guard comes into the room that he could wrestle a weapon out of.
do you want a luck roll for that?
Apr 7, 2020 7:39 pm
oldschoolfool says:
Myron looks to hit the deck if the guard are going to open fire, he's not going to rush from the frying pan into the fire without a good reason.
do you want a luck roll too?
Apr 8, 2020 4:15 am
OOC:
Rolling luck

Rolls

Luck Roll(4) - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Apr 8, 2020 5:29 pm
RoAries says:
OOC:
Rolling luck
unfortunately no weapon comes to you.

you lose one luck point.
Apr 9, 2020 12:43 am
bigfootRULES says:
oldschoolfool says:
Myron is too scared, he's on his belly against the wall covering his head.
Apr 9, 2020 4:00 am
oldschoolfool says:
bigfootRULES says:
oldschoolfool says:
ok. an injured Inmate with a shank in his arm and a broken leg stumbles around and sees you.

( 1, 6 ) = 7

he simply ignores you and limps away until a stray laser bolt hits him in the head killing him splattering his head allover the ground.
Apr 9, 2020 6:33 am
Lurk spies the shank on the slain inmate, and he rushes out to snatch it from the ground.
Apr 9, 2020 2:59 pm
bigfootRULES says:
oldschoolfool says:
bigfootRULES says:
oldschoolfool says:
ok. an injured Inmate with a shank in his arm and a broken leg stumbles around and sees you.

( 1, 6 ) = 7

he simply ignores you and limps away until a stray laser bolt hits him in the head killing him splattering his head allover the ground.
Myron shrieks, lifts his head slightly and looks out through the bars looking to see if any other place would be safer than here.
Apr 9, 2020 5:02 pm
RoAries says:
Lurk spies the shank on the slain inmate, and he rushes out to snatch it from the ground.
ok you equip the the shank.
Apr 10, 2020 6:19 am
Lurk then looks around for the nearest posible exit from the present area. If it is not blocked by a threat, he will simply go through it.
Last edited April 10, 2020 6:20 am
Apr 10, 2020 2:55 pm
RoAries says:
Lurk then looks around for the nearest posible exit from the present area. If it is not blocked by a threat, he will simply go through it.
ok i'll do a random room roll and a random encounter roll.

do you want a rumor roll too?
Apr 10, 2020 5:10 pm
Myron is looking for a way he can flee, if it looks like this other prisoner (Lurk) can manage that - he will follow him.
Apr 10, 2020 6:00 pm
oldschoolfool says:
Myron is looking for a way he can flee, if it looks like this other prisoner (Lurk) can manage that - he will follow him.
do you want a rumor roll?
Apr 11, 2020 7:05 am
OOC:
Sure, do a rumour roll
Apr 11, 2020 1:47 pm
ok i'll give everyone including the the ones who are not participating just in case.

for Quinten

1d20 ( 10 ) = 10

you heard that one of the Sentinels used to experiment with sorcery and used prisoners as guinea pigs. His creations may have escaped during this power outage.

for Epistocon 457

1d20 ( 3 ) = 3

Beware where you go. The Sentinels had Voiders ( Sentients of various origins and species, corrupted by the energies and evil sentience of the Void) locked up for studying and now they are on the loose.

for Lurk Shadewalker

1d20 ( 17 ) = 17

There is a Void cult hidden in the prison, lead by a Sentinel with dozens of cultists among the prisoners. They are planning a ritual, and that what’s probably caused the power outage.

for Professor Myron Blass.

1d20 ( 18 ) = 18

The presence of a powerful Void Sorcerer caused this power outage. What is such a being doing here?
Apr 13, 2020 3:32 am
Epi sees others heading toward a possible exit and decides to follow. He makes it a point to avoid any Voiders.
Apr 13, 2020 4:41 am
Lurk thinks back about the rumours and signs of a Void Cult in here. Judging by how nasty the prisoners and wardens commonly are, a group worshipping the Void is not too far fetched.

He will keep an eye out for the equipment room as he navigates out.
Apr 13, 2020 5:52 am
oh i forgot to mention the description of the room you are currently in.

To the west and to the east there are reinforced doors that lead to the outer corridors and possibly to the security tower. There is no observable entry to the security tower from the court, unless you can get to the metal bridges 10 meters above.

sorry im using the map in the manual for reference
Apr 14, 2020 3:11 pm
You don't believe you are atheletic enough to leap that high onto the bridge. You will opt to go through the East door.
Apr 15, 2020 2:50 am
RoAries says:
You don't believe you are atheletic enough to leap that high onto the bridge. You will opt to go through the East door.
you go through the east door and see corpses of prisoner and sentinel alike. want to roll for a random encounter?
Apr 15, 2020 3:14 am
OOC:
I'll decide to leave that for you. BTW, I try not to see the adventure's module instructions. So I won't get spoiled or try to meta game.
Apr 15, 2020 3:49 am
RoAries says:
OOC:
I'll decide to leave that for you. BTW, I try not to see the adventure's module instructions. So I won't get spoiled or try to meta game.
ok. i rolled 1d6=6

so a random encounter is inevitable.

2d6=7

as you walked you see 2 (2d6) inmates fighting each other with large makeshift swords. one who looks resembles an giant insect, the other looked like a rhino with reptilian scales.

2d6=7

the bug looks at you, using this distraction as an advantage, the Rhino beheads the insect and runs off.
Apr 15, 2020 4:08 am
Lurk is about ready to stab some fools, but fortunately they handled it themselves. He will simply stroll onwards, picking up the makeshift sword along the way.
Apr 15, 2020 4:51 am
RoAries says:
Lurk is about ready to stab some fools, but fortunately they handled it themselves. He will simply stroll onwards, picking up the makeshift sword along the way.
you equipped a medium sword with a the durability of 5.

i did a random encounter1d6=6

you see a doorway which leads to...
2d6=8

......a Sentinel Training room.
Apr 15, 2020 4:37 pm
Epi follows along with a look of amazement or so far as his kind can have such a look. While passing by the bodies of the sentinels he looks to see if any have weapons still on their bodies or lying nearby.
Apr 15, 2020 10:03 pm
Myron follows Lurk at a respectable distance, trying not to get his head beaten in.
Apr 15, 2020 10:24 pm
Aldrusian says:
Epi follows along with a look of amazement or so far as his kind can have such a look. While passing by the bodies of the sentinels he looks to see if any have weapons still on their bodies or lying nearby.
do want to do a luck roll?
Apr 15, 2020 10:25 pm
oldschoolfool says:
Myron follows Lurk at a respectable distance, trying not to get his head beaten in.
you and Lurk find nothing but empty lockers and blasted shooting targets.
Apr 16, 2020 5:04 am
Lurk wonders where the Rhino have run off to. He will check the area a bit more before turning back if trully nothing interesting is here. He will keep an eye on the inmate with him, but he does it briefly as to not show that he cares too much.
Apr 16, 2020 5:41 pm
OOC:
I will always take a luck roll. One of Epi's special abilities is that Luck Is On His Side.
Last edited April 16, 2020 5:41 pm
Apr 16, 2020 5:54 pm
Aldrusian says:
OOC:
I will always take a luck roll. One of Epi's special abilities is that Luck Is On His Side.
ok roll a d6. and if you get number above your luck you can roll again since its part of your archetpe.
Apr 21, 2020 3:26 am
RoAries says:
Lurk wonders where the Rhino have run off to. He will check the area a bit more before turning back if trully nothing interesting is here. He will keep an eye on the inmate with him, but he does it briefly as to not show that he cares too much.
Myron notes this, and seeing he is being tolerated tries to maintain his calm. Checking behind him, checking in front - he's on edge and if he sees a threat will try his best to warn him.
Apr 21, 2020 5:10 am
OOC:
If there is nothing else:
Lurk leaves the room and into the west door of the corridor.
Apr 24, 2020 6:02 pm
RoAries says:
OOC:
If there is nothing else:
Lurk leaves the room and into the west door of the corridor.
ok this is another random encounter

2d6 (6,6) =12

you are in luck! you find an armory with weapons of all kinds used by the sentinels, 3d6 small weapons, 2d6 medium weapons, 1d6 large weapons, 2d6 light armors 1d6 medium armors and 1d3 heavy armors. other equipment is here such as pouches, backpacks, flashlight and such.
Apr 25, 2020 5:11 pm
OOC:
Are the die the number of each item? Should we roll it or?
At last, something useful! Lurk thinks as he quickly sort through the equipment. He takes a large weapon and medium armour for himself. "Hey! Anybody out there that isn't a Sentinel Schmuck, come and grab some of this shit! And no funny business, alright?! I am the leader here!" Lurk stands by the doorway and keeps an eye out for anyone that intends to cause trouble.
Apr 25, 2020 5:48 pm
Epi wonders if his gear is among all of this. He looks for a breech loading rifle, a stiletto and a long, heavy leather coat. But will grab anything that's close to those items.
Apr 26, 2020 4:08 pm
Myron won't look a gift horse in the mouth, he meekly comes forward and equips himself as best he can.

"I'm a scientist and this isn't really my forte, but I'll do my best to help out in whatever way I can. You most certainly can run the show, I've no problem with that."
Apr 26, 2020 7:02 pm
RoAries says:
OOC:
At last, something useful! Lurk thinks as he quickly sort through the equipment. He takes a large weapon and medium armour for himself. "Hey! Anybody out there that isn't a Sentinel Schmuck, come and grab some of this shit! And no funny business, alright?! I am the leader here!" Lurk stands by the doorway and keeps an eye out for anyone that intends to cause trouble.
only if you want to find something out of the ordinary, then you have to have a luck roll. also i think the number is for durability.
Apr 26, 2020 9:08 pm
oldschoolfool says:
Myron won't look a gift horse in the mouth, he meekly comes forward and equips himself as best he can.

"I'm a scientist and this isn't really my forte, but I'll do my best to help out in whatever way I can. You most certainly can run the show, I've no problem with that."
do you want a range weapon like a gun or a melee weapon like a sword?
Apr 27, 2020 4:10 am
"When escaping in chaos like this, it's best to do so either alone stealthily, or in a group violently. And I have decided on the second option. Also, I have lots of experience with backstabbers, so don't even try to have any bright ideas..." Lurk says to the incoming inmates in a fierce but calm tone.
Apr 27, 2020 12:29 pm
bigfootRULES says:
oldschoolfool says:

Myron favors a ranged weapon, melee isn't his friend.
Apr 27, 2020 12:31 pm
RoAries says:
"When escaping in chaos like this, it's best to do so either alone stealthily, or in a group violently. And I have decided on the second option. Also, I have lots of experience with backstabbers, so don't even try to have any bright ideas..." Lurk says to the incoming inmates in a fierce but calm tone.
"I wouldn't have much luck with front-stabbing, so no worries about backstabbing, I'm interested in getting the hell out here - and you know what you're doing. I'm inclined to follow your lead."
Last edited April 27, 2020 12:31 pm
Apr 27, 2020 5:46 pm
"Let us be about it then. Which way is out?" Epi looks around for an obvious exit path.
Apr 28, 2020 1:41 am
oldschoolfool says:
bigfootRULES says:
oldschoolfool says:

Myron favors a ranged weapon, melee isn't his friend.
you equipped a heavy pistol with a durability of 5 and the damage of 2d6.

occ how is my GMing? is it good?
Apr 28, 2020 2:20 am
bigfootRULES says:
RoAries says:
OOC:
only if you want to find something out of the ordinary, then you have to have a luck roll. also i think the number is for durability.
NVM i think the numbers are for damage points. FOR EXAMPLE the small weapons inflict whatever number-d6-1 damage but give a positive die when someone tries to hide it medium offers whatever number-d6 but no other benefits and Large weapons offer whatever number-d6 + 1 damage but provides a negative die when a player tries to hide it.
Apr 29, 2020 6:47 am
OOC:
I'll admit that your GMing is slightly awkward, but since it's your first time(and new game system), so it could be considered to be decent.
Lurk nods and advances into the corridor and to the next possible room.
Apr 29, 2020 7:13 am
bigfootRULES says:

you are in luck! you find an armory with weapons of all kinds used by the sentinels, 3d6 small weapons, 2d6 medium weapons, 1d6 large weapons, 2d6 light armors 1d6 medium armors and 1d3 heavy armors. other equipment is here such as pouches, backpacks, flashlight and such.
OOC:
Wait, if I say I want small weapon, is that 3d6-1, or 1d6-1? And how does the armour durability work? Will the makeshift sword and shiv be counted as normal stats?
Apr 29, 2020 11:56 am
OOC: you're doing fine

Myron carefully holds the pistol pointed down by his waist, he lags a bit behind Lurk and hopes to provide his possible savior with either a warning or cover fire - should it come to that.
Apr 30, 2020 2:13 am
RoAries says:
bigfootRULES says:

OOC:
Wait, if I say I want small weapon, is that 3d6-1, or 1d6-1? And how does the armour durability work? Will the makeshift sword and shiv be counted as normal stats?
iOOC well i guess the shiv would be categorized as a small weapon and the sword is a medium weapon. i think the numbers are for damage points. FOR EXAMPLE the small weapons inflict whatever number-d6-1 damage but give a positive die when someone tries to hide it medium offers whatever number-d6 but no other benefits and Large weapons offer whatever number-d6 + 1 damage but provides a negative die when a player tries to hide it. but just to make it easi i guess the shiv and the makeshift swords have 2 and 3 damage points respectively , with a durability of 5. as for Armour categories. First there is the Light category, composed of heavy clothing and leather garments and coats. These reduce all physical damage by 1 point. Then there is the Medium category, comprising more tactical armors, especially those worn by guards, mercenaries, and mobile forces. They reduce physical damage by 2 points but limit the effective Agility score to a maximum of 13,due to their hard parts and bulkiness. The Heavy category includes military grade armor that covers almost the entire body and is quite bulky to use. It reduces physical damage taken by 3 points, however it limits the wearer’s Agility to 13 and imposes a Negative Die on all actions regarding movement or reflexes.
Apr 30, 2020 11:26 am
OOC:
I suppose I'll ask further questions in time. Btw, what is the other areas I see I can go to at the moment?
Apr 30, 2020 6:42 pm
RoAries says:
OOC:
I suppose I'll ask further questions in time. Btw, what is the other areas I see I can go to at the moment?
well there are the security towers which are accessible by bridges connected to the inner passages
May 1, 2020 8:35 am
OOC:
Oh, I thought that the bridges are hanging from above the passages.
Lurk will be in front of his escaping group as he heads towards the towers. Even though he do not wish to risk being killed, he trusts in his skill in taking down the guards quickly.
May 1, 2020 8:56 pm
RoAries says:
OOC:
Oh, I thought that the bridges are hanging from above the passages.
Lurk will be in front of his escaping group as he heads towards the towers. Even though he do not wish to risk being killed, he trusts in his skill in taking down the guards quickly.
you and your companions climb the ladder to the security tower. you enter it to see a room filled with monitors showing all the locations of the Alpha and Beta Levels as well as switches controlling all doors and elevators (unfortunately the power is still out) and a single Skull Sentinel cowering behind his chair. this is odd since there are usually 3 Skull Sentinels in the Security tower. he looks at you and says Please don't violate me man! i just work here! he then explains that he knows the locations of the star port and the escape pods. "if you guys can escort me out of this place i'll get you to ether one!" what do you do?
May 2, 2020 5:30 am
If he was any other inmate, he would've find joy in having revenge against a Sentinel. But Lurk ain't a criminal savage. He, however, would point his Halberd(the heavy melee) at the Sentinel. "Get up. How would I know you wouldn't lead us into a trap?" Lurk squints his eyes at him.
OOC:
Would Lurk know what is at the star port? If not, he would ask about it.
May 2, 2020 5:39 pm
RoAries says:
If he was any other inmate, he would've find joy in having revenge against a Sentinel. But Lurk ain't a criminal savage. He, however, would point his Halberd(the heavy melee) at the Sentinel. "Get up. How would I know you wouldn't lead us into a trap?" Lurk squints his eyes at him.
OOC:
Would Lurk know what is at the star port? If not, he would ask about it.
ooc yes, the star port is where the few starships of the Skull Prison are located.

"well for one, my comrades abandoned me so i want payback and 2 i want to get off this station! he exclaimed.
May 2, 2020 7:20 pm
Lurk considered the terrified Sentinel's explanation. He turns to the others with him. "What do you guys think about this?"
May 3, 2020 1:56 am
"I can pilot a starship," says Epi simply but you notice a hint of eagerness in his voice.
May 3, 2020 9:03 am
"That's good. Very good..." Lurk turns back to the Sentinel. "You will lead us to the Star Port. Know that betrayal is a quick death..."
May 4, 2020 12:47 am
RoAries says:
"That's good. Very good..." Lurk turns back to the Sentinel. "You will lead us to the Star Port. Know that betrayal is a quick death..."
"of course. but we have to get to the Beta Level first, there an elevator their that will take us to the command level,which is where the star port is located. " the Sentinel explained.
May 4, 2020 6:40 am
Lurk nods his head. "Alright, I'll also make sure that you won't get killed by threats along the way. I am not an honourless bastard."
OOC:
btw, you probably won't have to keep quoting posts whenever you post your narration.
May 5, 2020 1:21 am
in order for you to get to the Beta level where the elevator to the star port is located your group has to ta go approach the open entrance to the southern outer cells. a big red sign with the words Restricted hangs above it, The sentinel ( who we will call Irwin) accompanying your group, speaks up we have long way to go if we are to get to the star port, the elevator to the Beta Level is through there. but be warned, there are Void Cultists and Shadow Demons in there so we have be stealthy
May 5, 2020 3:52 am
Epi steps forward and puts out a hand. "Not that I don't trust you, Irwin, I just don't trust anyone. Let me go in there first and check it out. They don't call me The Nimble for nothing. I'll signal to you if it's clear." Epi starts toward the entrance to the outer cells before anyone can respond.
May 6, 2020 2:01 am
You (Epi) enter the sector, it is darker and foreboding, bodies of inmates and sentinel alike litter the floor (you can loot them if you want) unnatural noises echo through the halls. they could be Shadow Demons, Voiders or anything. you are not sure.

Ooc you want to do an attribute test?
May 6, 2020 2:07 pm
"I don't want to speak for anyone else, but if we are able to get out of here...that's about all I'm concerned with."

Myron being a rather smart fellow, will keep a mental map in his head of where they've been and should things get nasty he'll have a pretty good 3-D map of the complex in his head - so they've be able to run around and hopefully not get trapped in a dead end.
Last edited May 6, 2020 2:09 pm
May 6, 2020 4:46 pm
OOC:
Sure, I'll do an attribute test

Rolls

Attribute test (Agility 17) - (1d20)

(5) = 5

May 6, 2020 11:11 pm
you managed to sneak through without alerting the Shadow Demons. you reach the door to the elevator but noticed it is locked. next to the elevator doors is a card scanner. it seems you need a key card. you head back to your group.
May 7, 2020 5:45 am
Lurk was growing slightly anxious until he saw Epi again. "Oh good. So, how is it?" He asks in a hushed tone.
May 7, 2020 6:06 pm
"If we're very careful and very quiet we can make it but we need a key card to activate the elevator." Epi turns and glares at their guide.
May 7, 2020 10:24 pm
Aldrusian says:
"If we're very careful and very quiet we can make it but we need a key card to activate the elevator." Epi turns and glares at their guide.
"not to worry, sergeants are known to carry key cards and i happen to be one. Irwin says as he produces a small golden card out of his pocket.
May 7, 2020 11:44 pm
Epi nods and waves him forward. "Maybe you should go first then. We'll follow several steps behind so that you can open the door before we get there. If we disturb anything before we reach the elevator, we'll need to rush to you so we need the elevator ready to go." Epi glances around to the others to see if they are all in agreement.
Last edited May 8, 2020 9:08 pm
May 8, 2020 11:07 am
Lurk rubs his chin. "Hmm, alright. I'll trust the Cyberian about his plan. You take the lead, so as to reduce suspicions about our group."
May 9, 2020 2:44 am
all right just as long as you protect my ass from voiders, demons or whatever is in there. Irwin says. you all follow him into the southern outer cells.

do all you want a attribute roll to get through there without alerting the Shadow Demons?
May 9, 2020 4:11 am
OOC:
If we have to, then yes.

Rolls

Agility 12(P) - (1d20)

(9) = 9

May 9, 2020 4:53 pm
Ooc im still waiting for everyone to roll.
May 13, 2020 2:58 am
1d20

( 3 ) = 3

AG of 12
Last edited May 13, 2020 2:59 am
May 25, 2020 6:40 pm
both Prof. Blass and Lurk made it safely to the end of the Southern Outer Cells.

now what about you Aldrusian? want to roll an attribute test?
May 26, 2020 12:56 am
Myron crouches by Lurk - head on a swivel looking for possible trouble.
May 26, 2020 6:07 am
Lurk looks back into the room. He tries to find the sneaky Cyberian that was with them.
May 31, 2020 11:02 pm
OOC:
Sorry for the absence. I was laid low by severe back pain which hasn't allowed me to concentrate enough to even read the posts let alone formulate any kind of cogent response. I'm feeling better now.
Epi takes great care to step down the corridor quietly.

Agility: 17

Rolls

Agility - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Jun 1, 2020 6:05 am
OOC:
I hope you're doing better! Is it from work or exercise?
Jun 1, 2020 12:59 pm
Myron watches Epi gracefully pick his way down the corridor without making a sound, he's not nearly as graceful and envies the man's dexterity.
Jun 2, 2020 2:23 am
Epi makes it safely to the closed elevator.OK now that we are all here, lets get going! the longer we stay here the more we risk getting our souls eaten Irwin whispers. He inserts the card and you follow him down into the elevator. a calm but annoying tune plays as you wait for your destination. you arrive to the Beta Level in Outer Halls where some of the more Dangerous inmates are kept. most of them have been released thanks to the power outage. sounds of combat are heard. possibly inmates fighting Skull sentinels.
Jun 2, 2020 12:49 pm
Myron looks to try and justify his being in this group, so he'll be ready to shoot if they're attacked.
Jun 2, 2020 2:17 pm
Lurk also prepares his Halberd. He will try to see if there is a possible way to navigate around the fighting. If not, then he will have to carve a path...
OOC:
What's the numbers on each side and is there areas with lesser people?
Jun 2, 2020 3:07 pm
RoAries says:
Lurk also prepares his Halberd. He will try to see if there is a possible way to navigate around the fighting. If not, then he will have to carve a path...
OOC:
What's the numbers on each side and is there areas with lesser people?
you mean how many are there or their hit points and abilities?
Jun 3, 2020 3:32 pm
OOC:
I mean how many are there. But you could describe how they fight and how tough they look. I prefer not to be spoiled by exact stats.
Jun 4, 2020 4:25 am
RoAries says:
OOC:
I mean how many are there. But you could describe how they fight and how tough they look. I prefer not to be spoiled by exact stats.
i would have to roll for how many.

you see the source of the sounds of battle and find...

3d6 ( 2, 4, 6 ) = 12

12 inmates fighting..

1d6+1 ( 4 ) + 1 = 5

5 Skull Sentinels .

among them are many twice as many individuals of both sides laying on the ground dead or dying.
Jun 4, 2020 2:27 pm
Lurk turns around to his companions. "Hey guys, any ideas of evading this crowd? Otherwise, prepare to get messy..."
Last edited June 4, 2020 2:27 pm
Jun 4, 2020 8:00 pm
OOC:
The back thing is a complete mystery. After 3 trips to the Chiro and a couple days rest it's almost completely gone. I think I may have just slept wrong. It's usually something as simple as that.
Epi turns to the others and says,"The inmates seem to have the upper hand. Let's not look for any trouble but if any falls into our laps, do not hesitate. The Sentinels are the ones trying to keep us in here." He turns and urges Erwin to find the route through the mess. He will make sure that the other inmates know that Erwin is doing their bidding.
Last edited June 4, 2020 8:01 pm
Jun 5, 2020 3:25 am
i assume you do not want combat yet.

Irwin then talks to them Inmates and Skull Sentinels are nothing compared to Commander Farrak my commanding officer.
Jun 5, 2020 2:36 pm
Lurk strokes his chin. "Hmm, alright. So our plan is to help defeat the Sentinels and gain the trust of the inmates? I can't say I don't mind being the leader of a group of tough fighters. That is if they would listen to us..."
Jun 5, 2020 6:13 pm
RoAries says:
Lurk strokes his chin. "Hmm, alright. So our plan is to help defeat the Sentinels and gain the trust of the inmates? I can't say I don't mind being the leader of a group of tough fighters. That is if they would listen to us..."
dose this mean you want to enter combat now?
Jun 6, 2020 9:36 am
OOC:
If by entering combat, you mean doing initiatives now, then sure.
Jun 7, 2020 3:11 am
RoAries says:
OOC:
If by entering combat, you mean doing initiatives now, then sure.
ok do you have your weapons?
Jun 7, 2020 6:01 am
Lurk has his Halberd and Myron has his gun atleast. Lurk will approach the battle and calls out a battle cry. "Death to the Sentinels! Let none stop our escape!"
Last edited June 7, 2020 6:02 am
Jun 7, 2020 7:21 pm
OOC:
What part of don't hesitate to fight if it falls into our lap leads anyone to believe that we're looking for a fight?
"Only fight the Sentinels if they attack us first. Look for a way through the fighting," calls Epi.
Jun 8, 2020 12:10 am
One of The Sentinels See You...

Time for a Reaction Roll

2d6 (3,2)=5

The Sentinel says "stop! go back to your cells or there will be trouble! Don't make me Ask twice!"
Jun 8, 2020 5:05 am
Using his 'That's an easy target' ability Epi will stop moving, raise his rifle, take careful aim and fire at the Sentinel.
OOC:
I assume the reaction roll is something you need from each of us. And I will withhold any other rolls until after reaction is made.

Rolls

Reaction - (2d6)

(42) = 6

Jun 8, 2020 5:40 am
i am still trying to understand the rules of combat but i think i'll accept this for now

The bullet goes right through the the Sentinel's head killing him instantly. one other Sentinel fires his rifle at Epi's shoulder dealing 5 damage points to your Vitality score.

Rolls

enemy attack - (1d6+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Jun 8, 2020 8:09 am
With the hope that the inmates know not to fight them, Lurk charges in further to aim for the Sentinel that fired at his buddy.
OOC:
Sorry for making a late decision, but can I set my favourite weapon type for my Tough feature to be heavy weapons? Also, what is the difference of my level and the enemy HDs?
Last edited June 8, 2020 8:17 am

Rolls

Reaction roll? - (2d6)

(15) = 6

Attacking(Physique 15) - (2d6)

(36) = 9

Damage(1d6+1 and +1 from Tough feat) - (1d6+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Jun 8, 2020 7:24 pm
RoAries says:
With the hope that the inmates know not to fight them, Lurk charges in further to aim for the Sentinel that fired at his buddy.
OOC:
Sorry for making a late decision, but can I set my favourite weapon type for my Tough feature to be heavy weapons? Also, what is the difference of my level and the enemy HDs?
umm i don't know if those kind of rolls in the rule book or not btw the enemy's HD is 3.

Lurk hits the Sentinel in the head breaking his neck and killing him instantly. a Sentinel runs up points a gun at at Lurk .
Jun 9, 2020 10:16 pm
Epi shakes off the wound and waves the others forward and toward the exit while keeping an eye open for other sentinels.
Last edited June 9, 2020 10:16 pm
Jun 20, 2020 7:53 pm
RoAries says:
OOC:
who is next now?
well i left you at gunpoint with a skull sentinel. want to disarm him using a physique roll?
Jun 21, 2020 4:56 am
Epi had his back to Lurk so did not see the brief fight and its aftermath. He is still trying to hurry everyone along while keeping an eye on the main body of the fight between the sentinels and the prisoners.
Jun 21, 2020 3:49 pm
OOC:
Sorry, i think have rolled wrongly for my earlier attack. I'll ask again, may I set Heavy weapons as favoured weapon type?
Lurk goes to the Sentinel aiming at him with a gun, and attempts to beat aside the firearm with his polearm.
Last edited June 21, 2020 3:53 pm

Rolls

Physique(15) - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Jun 21, 2020 6:48 pm
RoAries says:
OOC:
Sorry, i think have rolled wrongly for my earlier attack. I'll ask again, may I set Heavy weapons as favoured weapon type?
Lurk goes to the Sentinel aiming at him with a gun, and attempts to beat aside the firearm with his polearm.
sure go ahead.

unfortunately Lurk couldn't disarm him in time as the sentinel shoots him in the shoulder, losing 3 vitality points in damage.
Jul 3, 2020 6:27 am
OOC:
Who is next now? Or do I get to just continuously act?
Jul 3, 2020 6:41 am
RoAries says:
OOC:
Who is next now? Or do I get to just continuously act?
I dont know maybe it could be epi's turn
Jul 3, 2020 5:46 pm
OOC:
So, Lurk was injured but I'm not clear on what happened to the Sentinel.
Epi turns and looks at Lurk to see what is holding him up. There apparently was an encounter between Lurk and a Sentinel.
Jul 3, 2020 11:11 pm
Aldrusian says:
OOC:
So, Lurk was injured but I'm not clear on what happened to the Sentinel.
Epi turns and looks at Lurk to see what is holding him up. There apparently was an encounter between Lurk and a Sentinel.
the sentinel who shot Lurk sees you! and is ready for the kill.
Jul 4, 2020 3:46 am
Again I'm confused. I thought you had stated that Lurk had disarmed him. Being 'ready for the kill' indicates that the attacker has weapon in hand.
Jul 4, 2020 5:48 am
Aldrusian says:
Again I'm confused. I thought you had stated that Lurk had disarmed him. Being 'ready for the kill' indicates that the attacker has weapon in hand.
he failed to disarm him.
Jul 4, 2020 8:42 pm
OOC:
Sorry, I must have misinterpreted what I read. I read that "Lurk couldn't disarm him in time as the sentinel shoots him in the shoulder." I interpreted that to mean that Lurk's defensive maneuver knocked the weapon away as it was firing but the timing was such that Lurk was still hit.
Epi sees that the Sentinel is stilled armed so brings his own weapon up and fires.

Rolls

Attack with rifle - Agility (17) - (2d6)

(11) = 2

Damage - (1d6+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Jul 6, 2020 12:09 am
Aldrusian says:
OOC:
Sorry, I must have misinterpreted what I read. I read that "Lurk couldn't disarm him in time as the sentinel shoots him in the shoulder." I interpreted that to mean that Lurk's defensive maneuver knocked the weapon away as it was firing but the timing was such that Lurk was still hit.
Epi sees that the Sentinel is stilled armed so brings his own weapon up and fires.
the bullet goes right through the Sentinel's chest. he falls over, dead. the two remaining Sentinels see you and one of them prepares to fire at Epi.
Jul 6, 2020 2:27 am
OOC:
epi's turn? Or mine?
Jul 6, 2020 5:35 am
OOC:
Do we no longer have Quentin or the Professor with us? If the players are gone are they acting as npc's? If neither can act it would be Lurk's turn.
Jul 6, 2020 5:45 am
Aldrusian says:
OOC:
Do we no longer have Quentin or the Professor with us? If the players are gone are they acting as npc's? If neither can act it would be Lurk's turn.
i don't really know. it can be Lurk's Turn i guess.
Jul 12, 2020 9:33 am
Lurk stares down the Sentinel that shot him, and goes in to slay him.

Rolls

Attacking(Physique 15) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

damage - (1d6+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Jul 12, 2020 5:06 pm
OOC:
What are the other prisoners doing if there are only two other sentinels left? Epi wasn't expecting to have to fight off all the Sentinels.
Jul 13, 2020 6:55 am
Aldrusian says:
OOC:
What are the other prisoners doing if there are only two other sentinels left? Epi wasn't expecting to have to fight off all the Sentinels.
to be honest i kind of wrote myself into a corner there.
Jul 13, 2020 6:56 am
OOC:
Btw, what is a positive die? Is it rolling an extra 1d6, or 1d20?
Jul 13, 2020 7:16 am
RoAries says:
OOC:
Btw, what is a positive die? Is it rolling an extra 1d6, or 1d20?
Ooc When a test is made with a Positive Die, the
player rolls 2d20s and choose the one they prefer for the result (normally the one that results in a
higher number but still within the success interval). On the other hand, when a Negative Die is imposed
on a test, the player rolls 2d20s and the Overlord chooses the one to use as the result (usually the one
that complicates the adventurer’s life the most). to sum it up.
Jul 13, 2020 7:20 am
RoAries says:
Lurk stares down the Sentinel that shot him, and goes in to slay him.
ooc techically the sentinel that shot you was killed by epi but whateves

Lurk beheads the sentinel, his head goes flying as blood splatters your face. the last sentinel tries to run away but is killed by an inmate.

one of the inmates approaches our heroes.

reaction roll 2d6

(10)=10

it was the reptilian rhino inmate that Lurk saved.

you saved me once. it is time i repaid you. i am Galdem, former member of the Barbaric legions. he introduced himself.
Jul 13, 2020 8:21 am
"That is great to hear. We need all the help we can get." Lurk will also try to recall if he knows of the Barbaric Legions.
OOC:
Does he know of that group?
Jul 13, 2020 6:08 pm
Seeing that the Sentinels are now neutralized Epi looks around to find the other members of their party as well as their guide. He will pick up any of the dead Sentinels weapons that are still nearby.
Aug 2, 2020 1:31 am
Galdem explains how he was framed for murdering a fellow barbarian by a spy for the Overlords. but Irwin asks why he and the others should trust him.
Aug 3, 2020 9:06 am
Lurk tells Irwin to shut it. He decided that this Galdem should be trust-worthy enough. Whether or not he is lying, Lurk recognises the reptilian rhino as an honourable warrior. "Let's just get moving on then." He says keeping an eye out for more enemies.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.