IC: Chapter I - the Summons of King Bard

load previous
Feb 19, 2020 3:51 pm
Éadmer was hardly used to such crowded environments, but he finally made it to his destination. With the horses in sight he began looking at what was on offer.

Rolls

Appraising the horses. (Percetion) - (1d20+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Feb 19, 2020 4:01 pm
OOC:
Heh, you're lucky that I rolled even more poorly than you, Khulod! That Perception check wasn't too appraise horse flesh...
No sooner than he starts to look at the first horse, Eadmer feels a bump that lasts just a little too long, and presses a little too close... Like a hand in his pouch!! He looks down to see a young man now struggling to move away from his opened purse!
Feb 19, 2020 4:05 pm
Anger and outrage filled Éadmer. To be here for mere days and already to be robbed? Such a crime would not stand!
"THIEF!" He shouted, and he reached out to grab the young man.

Rolls

Melee (Grab) - (1d20+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Feb 19, 2020 4:24 pm
The pick pocket doesn't even look back, they begin to move away faster, but not so fast as to draw attention to themselves, and their smaller frame makes it easier than the time the big man might have... People turn to gawk at Eadmer's shout, but the press is such that those immediately next to him can't do much to either make way nor help, as no one knows quite what's going on yet.
OOC:
You can make an Athletics skill check to either bowl through the crowd, or a DEX Save to move through them smoothly without being held up! Or feel free to propose a different roll to match the narrative you'd like to have.
Feb 19, 2020 4:30 pm
Carried forth by his wroth, Éadmer pressed through the mass of people, fiercely intent on catching the errant lad.
"Thief!" He shouted again. "Stop him!"

Rolls

Pressing through the crowd (Athletics) - (1d20+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Feb 19, 2020 4:44 pm
Eadmer is able to keep pace with the smaller figure, but gains no ground until his shouts finally do start to pay off and people start to at least make way for him. Though the movement and confusion prevents anyone from lending aid... He's not far from the thief by the time they both get out of the crowd, but he must have ducked into the flow of traffic...
OOC:
Perception check! Almost over one way or another...

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+1)

(10) + 1 = 11

Feb 19, 2020 4:51 pm
Caranthiel watches over those present but draws little for his interest. He is no social butterfly for sure. Least not in this kind of setting. As an Embassy, he ties to keep himself aloof. He does however is attracted by the scents in the air and will take a table with hopes to partake in some.
Feb 19, 2020 4:58 pm
There is no one waiting on tables, but there is food and drink being sold by a vendor within the tent. A lager-cheese bread bowl is something Caranthiel hasn't seen yet on the grounds.
Feb 19, 2020 5:04 pm
Ah then Caranthiel will spend some coin and take up a few choice delights and some drink (ale or wine) before retiring to a table to enjoy himself. (Caranthiel has a Martial standard of living.)
Feb 19, 2020 5:08 pm
OOC:
Yea, we'll "background" any purchase of food or drink during this opening scene here, as it's largely just to introduce our PCs to each other.
Feb 19, 2020 5:24 pm
Having lost sight of his quarry, Éadmer looks around vigorously..

Rolls

Finding the thief (Perception) - (1d20+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Feb 19, 2020 5:32 pm
OOC:
Oh dear...

S'mores/Hugo!! Still need that Perception at Disadvantage! Help us, little Stoor, you're our only hope!
Eadmer looks around but much of the Northmen are dressed much the same. He sees half a dozen figures that could have been his thief... For a moment he looks between them all, trying to decide which one to pursue, but then he realizes... the moment is gone.
Feb 19, 2020 7:18 pm
OOC:
Oh man I feel for ya. The dice gods have not been kind to Éadmer today.
Feeling less annoyed now she has made a decent shot, Astrid moves on to take her last shot with a smile and nod to her competition.

Rolls

Shoots - (1d20+5, RA)

(10) + 5 = 15

Feb 19, 2020 8:33 pm
OOC:
For reference, Astrid shoots like 9 arrows each round, we're just using one roll per round to represent the whole round.
Astrid shoots a decent round, but alas, her first round deficit was just a little too much to overcome. She places 4th in the tournament - just out of the running for a reward, but out of more than twenty participants that's not too bad either!

The contest organizer goes to shake her hand, afterward. "I saw ye out dere, lass... Ye can shoot. Poor winds on the first round, but ye did well. Well done."
Feb 19, 2020 10:33 pm
Vidar spent some time examining the technique of each contestant. Glad I didn't enter, I definitely don't have the hand or the eye for those targets. At least orcs are bigger!. He wanders on for some food, thinking of something to rhyme with 'quiver'
Last edited February 19, 2020 10:33 pm
Feb 20, 2020 7:40 am
The ale tents were filled with revelers, mostly men and women singing and dancing gayly, wiping their mouths with the backs of their hands and talking over one another. There were many dwarves and a few of the "wee folk" right at home among the men of Lake Town, boasting and belching, and weaving unbelievable tales of great deeds performed. There were but few elves to be seen; one might have walked by an elf and not even known, save if by chance a flash of unique hem or glint of unusual metal were noticed. But even so, elves were less likely to be found in ale tents, preferring, as was their want, the taste of mead.

It was in the mead tent that Finrod sat; a crowd as mixed in company as any other currently in Lake Town, though orders of magnitude quieter, but certainly no less drunken. The man sat beneath a large, wide-brimmed hat and chewed on the mouthpiece of an unlit pipe. A cup of mead stood at attention on the small, round table before him. If one were to look at it's contents the cup would appear to have been untouched. Finrod approximated a relaxed recline, but his mind was alert. Situated at the back of the tent near one of the windows in the heavy cloth tent, rolled up and secured with strap so as to let cool air in, Finrod was able to view multiple entryways and still keep from overheating in the stifling air of the mead tent.

Acknowledging slight nods from various elf-kind that passed by, nods so slight as to be nearly undetectable, Finrod kept vigilant and watchful. He wasn't here to celebrate, though seeing the mix of Free-peoples was heartening indeed. Rather, Finrod was here to quietly observe just as he had been trained his whole life to do. One of many eyes watching this land and surrounding regions, many and yet all too few. Recent events would surely have captured the attention of agents of evil, and a crowd such as this would nearly guarantee characters of ill repute.
Feb 20, 2020 2:34 pm
Filled with righteous anger, Éadmer looked around only to find the thief long disappeared. He let out a grunt of annoyance, then opened his pouch to check its contents. This event had surely soured his mood, and he was about ready to ride back to Rohan and leave this hive of villainy behind. But eventually, he cooled enough to see some reason. He was sulking but decided to go find better company. He headed for the stabes, to go look after his own horse. His mount made better company compared to lake-dwelling ruffians.
Feb 20, 2020 3:29 pm
OOC:
I want to join finrod
Vidar goes hunting for refreshments, and while drinking some mead, is drawn to the Dunedin watching the crowd. Never hurts to get some current events he thinks. Ho, Ranger. Can I refresh your cup in exchange for your news?
Feb 20, 2020 5:58 pm
OOC:
Please continue to RP, but functionally, we're really just waiting on Smores/Hugo, to roll that Perception with Disadvantage, as that was is a chance for him to have spotted the pick pocket's initial picking.

After that we'll move on to the Maaaain Eveeeeent!

As for how much coin they got, I don't see where you've recorded any wealth, Khulod, (maybe you need to roll the 2D6 yet? or did you have nothing to pick?) but if I roll more than you have, they will have gotten it all.

Rolls

Coin lifted 1D6 - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Feb 20, 2020 7:12 pm
Astrid shakes his hand and claps his shoulder.

Huh, guess I'm just more used to shooting wolves than wooden targets. A good game nonetheless.

She smiles and congratulates the winners before moving off to wander round the rest of the fair, having a look at any displays without really buying anything, before heading to meet her Da if nothing else catches her eye.
load next

Thread locked