READ ME FIRST! OOC Character Creation Thread

load previous
Feb 8, 2020 9:11 pm
Am I missing the point buy info? And what you get from standard of living?
Feb 8, 2020 9:25 pm
Point buy is on page 13 of the D&D 5E Players Handbook. Or numerous websites out there.

Your Standard of Living and what you get from it is all primarily detailed in your Culture and Class, and there's some additional info beginning on p147 of the AiME Players Guide, but what you get is all in your Culture and Class.
Feb 9, 2020 11:17 pm
Ah ok, thank you. Wasn't sure how much would be referred back to the PHB.... So I guess AiME is treated more as a setting for 5e. I was thinking it'd reprint the relevant rules.... Oops.
Feb 9, 2020 11:48 pm
I think it's something to do with the open gaming license they publish it under. They can't actually print anything directly out of the Wizards of the coast books or something like that.

Basically you still need the PHB to be able to make AIME work.
Feb 10, 2020 4:19 am
I'll b able to make my guy tomorrow, apologies
Feb 10, 2020 4:53 pm
Something on the clerical lines would be nice. Of course the matter of race and deities to work with.

Follower of Varda Elentári, Queen of the Stars sounds interesting.
Last edited February 10, 2020 4:57 pm
Feb 10, 2020 5:04 pm
Hey Gene, welcome.

There are no caster classes in Middle-earth, no spells. The closest thing to a cleric is a Scholar which has a path with healing options.

Are you wanting to play an Elf, then? I think they most revere Her.

I can see if I can find you an Elf Scholar pre-gen that meets those interests?
Feb 10, 2020 5:08 pm
Sounds rather interesting to me.. :) Lets see what you have..:)
Feb 10, 2020 5:11 pm
Great. Standby. I'm away from books right now. Will see what's available this evening.
Feb 11, 2020 3:42 am
Giblets, Astrid is good.

TinheadNed, am I missing an Attribute bump for Vidar somewhere? I have you at a +2 for Con and a +1 for Wis, but that doesn't get me to where your stats are I don't think...

Khulod, you're good to go.

Smores, looks like you still have a lot of data entry to do, at the least, on your character sheet? Your stats are at 10/2/10/2/10/10... and you've only selected 2 skills with proficiency? Please look into character creation again and make sure you're getting everything down?

thatguy2, waiting on a submittal.

GeneCortess, maybe use Caranthiel here:https://i.imgur.com/4l4f1ZJ.png
...as a template and fill out your character sheet, for your Elven worshipper of Varda?
Feb 11, 2020 5:02 pm
Hey all!

I have opened up the IC Story Thread for anyone who has had their PC Approved.

Please remember to use your Character Avatar, which you can set via your Character Sheet.

Also, anyone who wants to coordinate their characters stories/backgrounds, so that you know each other already in game, is welcome to do that. However I am gonna try to bring you guys all together "organically"/via the story, maybe with a little help from you all to make it work as needed ;D so it is not a requirement that you know any other character going into things.

Any questions?
Feb 11, 2020 11:24 pm
Great, I'll probably head in to the IC character thread shortly then.

Just wanted to run a brief bio by you, to make sure you're OK with it since I'm a local.
I'd say Astrid was widowed at the battle of five armies. Her father still survives but lost an arm during the battle and lives quite poorly in lake Town still. She took her husbands weapons and took to wandering, hoping to take revenge upon any orcs or wolves. She tries to financially support her father a bit by making some income from hunting/trapping and occasional caravan guard duties.
That OK? It's only because I'm playing a Barding I thought I should run it by you, as the character is from the immediate area.

Also, happy with having met Virar on the road before and sheltered from wolves!
Feb 11, 2020 11:45 pm
Hey Giblets! That all sounds fine.

I would say that being motivated by revenge could potentially get you into trouble with the Shadow, just depending on how far you take it when the opportunity is there, or how your PC views it in practical terms... I mean, it IS the Enemy, and everyone has their Weakness(es), so it's not a problem in and of itself... unless/until it does become one ;)
Feb 12, 2020 3:11 am
I won't be able to check my sums until Sunday when I get home, sorry. I can't remember my grand plan now!
Feb 12, 2020 3:53 pm
No problem. Your stat distribution works if you're an Iron Mountain dwarf (as opposed to Grey), so I'm wondering if that isn't the issue?
Feb 12, 2020 11:26 pm
Apologies for getting slammed, should finish this weekend
Feb 13, 2020 2:39 pm
We'll see how I get on with the Shadow points then... could make for an interesting character I guess.

Decided to jump in to the IC thread and get things started today!
Feb 13, 2020 7:49 pm
Caranthiel is now loaded and ready
Feb 13, 2020 10:34 pm
Maybe I've confused myself with the dwarven subtypes then. The one in the lonely mountain region book
Feb 13, 2020 10:38 pm
GC, you can change the name of your PC to not the pre-gen name if you want. Or if you don't mind that's fine too.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.