DND 5th Ed Newbie, wanting to try out a game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 24, 2020 8:55 am
Hi there,

Im keen to join a game and try out 5th Ed as i live rural now,
And have no one to play with.

Im not really familiar with all the rules,
And any helping hands would be appreciated :)

Hope to get to have a game with you guys soon

Daniel
Feb 24, 2020 9:22 am
Welcome to. The good part of play by post, is that you have time to look up the rules that you need in the moment. D&D 5e games pop up fairly often. Give the basic rules a read through (https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules), create an account at DnDBeyond and you have some good tools playing D&D 5e
Feb 24, 2020 10:36 am
Welcome to the community, mAnIk800!

The best way to learn is to actually play! And rune is right, play-by-post is great for learning because you have time to look stuff up. Don't be afraid to ask either! This is a great community, and everyone is more than happy to help.

Don't forget to check out the New GP Member Guide.

New games are always popping up. If you watch the Games Tavern I'm sure you'll find one in no time!

If you're interested in spectating, here is an index of public games.

We'd love to have you join us on the Discord server as well for real time chat about the site, RPGs in general, and just about anything!

Happy gaming!
Feb 24, 2020 6:44 pm
You know what, mAnIk800, I have been putting off GM'ming a game in here for to long. I'm GMming in my own world, with my local group. That is why some names are danish, but I'll take you, (and perhaps a few others) on a 1st level adventure. If that is something you want to do, I'll spin up a game

https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/26454/assets/713696/kort5.PNG?1489918026
Feb 24, 2020 6:48 pm
I'm a total 5e noob as well but if you're opening a beginner friendly level 1 game on here, I might decide to join as well. Depends on how combat-focused it would be.
Feb 24, 2020 6:49 pm
Well runekyndig count me interested I enjoy helping folks learn the ropes of good character generation and role playing as those go hand-in-hand. Basically the better the character you create the easier and more enjoyable it is to role play (and not roll play like many seem to act like it is spelt ;) )
Feb 24, 2020 8:53 pm
mAnIk800, DeJoker and bowlofspinach have each got an invite for A new dawn

We will keep it simple: 1 level, 27 point buy, Players handbook only
Feb 24, 2020 8:58 pm
If you need another 5e Vet to help out, let me know.
Feb 24, 2020 9:10 pm
bowlofspinach says:
I'm a total 5e noob as well but if you're opening a beginner friendly level 1 game on here, I might decide to join as well. Depends on how combat-focused it would be.
As much or as little as you want it to be. Doring character creation, we will talk about what you want to play (dungeon crawl, exploration, survival, drama ect...)
Feb 24, 2020 11:34 pm
I think you've created a monster. I've been playing for 31 years now, from Basic then to AD&D 2E but then bogged down and never progressed beyond 3.5. I suppose this opportunity should be as good a time as any! Got room for one more?
Feb 25, 2020 12:40 am
Thanks guys for all the replies :)

Thank you for creating a game,
I have joined up :)

Where do we talk about pre game stuff like who is playing what etc?

Daniel
Feb 25, 2020 1:00 am
I’ve been thinking about joining a 5e game. I’m pretty new to the system too, so if you have room, I’m game.
Feb 25, 2020 4:26 am
(Not here to join in, but just to say:)

I really like that map, Runekyndig!
Feb 25, 2020 5:10 am
I'll send you an invite Knifesedgegames
Feb 25, 2020 8:52 am
Thanks Rune, would you mind sending again. It accepted me twice and when I removed one of the applications, it removed both!
Feb 25, 2020 9:59 am
Knifesedgegames says:
Thanks Rune, would you mind sending again. It accepted me twice and when I removed one of the applications, it removed both!
try again
Feb 25, 2020 10:01 am
Qralloq says:
(Not here to join in, but just to say:)

I really like that map, Runekyndig!
Thank you Qralloq, it is the result of some iterations and mutual exploration of my setting with my players. When I find the time, and the earlier maps, I'll start a map discussion in another forum
Feb 25, 2020 4:53 pm
runekyndig says:
Did I not make the window?
Feb 25, 2020 7:40 pm
Demagor says:
runekyndig says:
Did I not make the window?
I am very sorry. I totally missed your post. You should have an invite
Last edited February 26, 2020 8:29 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.