DnD5e Adventuring into the Unknown -- Open

Mar 2, 2020 5:06 am
This was initially started for other players but because there was enough interest I opened additional games for those who had applied. Their may be an option to join an existing game that has lost a player as such I will use the queue below to extend an invitation to join. If you accept you are removed from the queue. Further with 3 or 4 players I can easily start another game but this is as time permits kind of thing because ramping up a game takes a lot more interaction and effort on my part so I have to limit starting to one until it is up and going.

Note : This is open to anyone interested in playing in a DnD5e game that is not already playing in one of my DnD5e games.

Concept:
The concept is fairly basic on the surface as it is a game of DnD 5e based in an alternate version of the Forgotten Realms. Alternate in that while much of the flavor is still there the world is not the same. Further various survival elements have been added in and/or heightened to the point where they have become actually part of the problems to solve.

Beyond that it is basically a semi-sandbox but also mission driven search into the unknown -- think old school Keep on the Borderlands kind of thing except a lot more different in style and what you will encounter and its meant to run the long haul. Further the world is dynamic and does not wait for the players to encounter, and it is player driven if you are the type to sit back and wait for the world to reach out and grab you then do not apply as this world will simply pass you by. With that said the players will have ample opportunities to get involved and pursue numerous leads and such. However, it should not be considered a hack-n-slash game either for while there will be combat it will start slow as PCs begin to learn their new environment but combat comes and I am pretty sure the respites will be appreciated. I do not require the players to be all that their characters maybe so making rolls to see what your character knows versus what you the player knows is something I support.

I do have one stipulation and that is I only run heroes (LG, NG, CG, LN). Still in 5e alignments are basically just another personality trait and nothing more. Which is to say you have a strong tendency for the alignment you choose but you can stray under various situations but you always gravitate back to your core

Expected Posting Rate: 4 / Week

The above basically means I will be expecting to see activity from a player once every 2 or 3 days on a fairly regular basis and this includes responding to being PM'd/Invited to their Initial game. Which is to say I will be enforcing this a bit more stringently for applicants since I am beginning to get folks applying and then once PM'd/Invited are not responding for a week or more which makes no sense to me. If you applied and I Invite you and send you a PM and post here and you do not respond to the Invite within 3 days you are dropped from the Queue and will have to restate your interest to join and be put at the bottom of the queue once more. At some point I will hit my limit and stop adding more games but I am still okay at this point.

Although the speed of adding a new game is greatly dependent on free time and such, as starting a new game takes more work on my part than just running one.

So if I get at least 3 players I will put the starting a new game on my agenda and once I am ready I will send out PMs to the 1st 4 players in the following queue -- I will also, if a have openings in any existing games, offer the spot to the first person in the queue unless there are special conditions I need to meet. If you are not interested in filling in on an existing game please let me know when you request to join. Also if you and a group of players would like to start a game as unit please denote this but all the players must request to join with this stipulation for clarity.

Players Currently Playing in an Instance of the Game

1) rpgventurer
2) FlyingSucculent
3) HeroAmongMen
4) Rizzoxiii
5) Fredge
6) USGA_Elite
7) KoldikSteelskin
8) Psybermagi
9) Mike
10) aquafina
11) VikingVictus
12) Chalrytharendir
13) Paviinka
14) Queni
15) DragonDweller62
16) KirinOfDarkness
17) Dirteshot

**********************************************************************************

Players Currently in Queue for the Next Instance Start of this Game

1)
2)
3)
4)

**********************************************************************************

Players Currently Applied for the Next Instance of this Game
1)
2)
3)
4)

Players Currently Applied for the Next Next Instance of this Game

1)
2)
3)
4)
Last edited June 14, 2021 11:27 pm
Mar 3, 2020 4:15 am
Yes, I am interested in joining.
Mar 3, 2020 4:36 am
Okay if I asked what you would like to see most in the game besides the premise this game is build on what would those things be? I like to tailor some of the game to the players in it but that is hard to do if players do not communicate with me what they would like and also what they would not like

I once had an excited fairly new player give me a list of 7 things and I was actually able to weave all 7 of those things into the Campaign -- he had an absolute ball playing in that game
Mar 3, 2020 8:58 am
Hi, I am intereseted. Honestly I am a-ok with anything. I would really like to play non-caster though since I haven't got a chance to do so in a while.
Mar 3, 2020 4:35 pm
DeJoker says:
Okay if I asked what you would like to see most in the game besides the premise this game is build on what would those things be? I like to tailor some of the game to the players in it but that is hard to do if players do not communicate with me what they would like and also what they would not like

I once had an excited fairly new player give me a list of 7 things and I was actually able to weave all 7 of those things into the Campaign -- he had an absolute ball playing in that game
If it were up to me, I would like to see some Viking-like action. Apart from that, monster hunting would be fun.
Mar 3, 2020 6:31 pm
Okay what do you mean by "Viking-like Action"
Mar 4, 2020 6:35 pm
Maybe some minor sea-faring in the north, forging into unknown territory for glory and treasure and stories of battle, together in a war-like clan might be fun. Some more feral humanity as the active party, similar to vikings of old. You know, something you can play Immigrant Song to *lol*.

Something like that is what I would really enjoy, if possible.
Mar 4, 2020 7:30 pm
Okay well the other player never responded and I do have a more feral race you can play which you can find it in the Homebrew section ;) you have been added
Last edited March 4, 2020 7:32 pm
Mar 4, 2020 10:17 pm
I'm interested in joining. I can role fill
Mar 4, 2020 10:32 pm
Okay @SchadDad if you could have any adventure you wanted what you like to see and not see within that adventure anything you been itching to encounter, anything you been itching to do -- or just something you thought might be just fun -- as I explain to every player the more thread you give me to play with the better I can weave the adventure tapestry
Last edited March 4, 2020 10:32 pm
Mar 4, 2020 10:39 pm
Like every dnd player, i have a dream of the epic, long-running narrative. I'm just here to have fun in the end. I've got a few characters with long-term goals I could run. Depends on source restrictions, though. What kind of game do you tend to run as the DM?
Mar 4, 2020 11:05 pm
I'm interested. I'm new to GP so it would be my first. I'd like to play an entertainer/fighter trying to make it into his own song.
Mar 4, 2020 11:08 pm
One that is player balanced and aimed at the players wants -- one that is meant to seriously challenge a group at points but one that lets the dice speak when they will. As I stated above a semi-sandbox mission driven series of adventures --- aka I can assign missions and the game is designed for that but you will also have room to go and pursue your own goals should you acquire any along the way. A game that if you just whimsically turn left you are not blocked from going that way but a world that does not always just sit there and wait for you to encounter it either.
Last edited March 4, 2020 11:10 pm
Mar 4, 2020 11:55 pm
I'd like to sign up. I think I'd like to play the sort of game where there are rival factions and the players are caught in the middle and can support who they want. Less good vs evil type things but instead like different kingdoms. For a character, I'm thinking of keeping it simple with like a fighter, paladin, barbarian or warlock. A paladin/warlock might be fun to play
Mar 5, 2020 12:10 am
I would have say I would need to understand how you plan to merge those two concepts, and I am not talking the mechanics, but if you can explain it I can go with it Well you be happy to know that Forgotten Realms does have factions and this place has several kingdoms interested in it with none of them actually controlling it at this time. So its there and available.

Like I said if I get 3 players I will get things started and we now have three players but I very busy this week so I will setup and start the game this weekend -- perhaps a 4th will jump on board prior to then who knows
Mar 5, 2020 12:30 am
What sources are/are not allowed, and what method of stat generation will we be using?
Mar 5, 2020 12:56 am
Officially PHB and SCAG but I am open to other official documents and I have already created 2 House Ruled items specifically for players so further this is based off another game that lost its GM so certain House Rules were already in place and I am holding on to these so that I can more easily run multiple games and thus allow for more players to get involved.

Generation of attributes will be done in game using my preferred method for players 6+3d6 (drop one) as this allows a better chance for more heroic characters and frankly that is what you are supposed to be and further you could have all 18s and I could kill you with a single Tarrasque so why would I the GM be concerned about your stats ;)
Mar 5, 2020 1:10 am
The warlock patron would probably need to be fey, to avoid needing to be evil, and after that I just serve two masters and would need to deal with the consequences of that, if they happen to have differing priorities.
Last edited March 5, 2020 1:22 am
Mar 5, 2020 1:29 am
But this is for recruitment and we can discuss the more game specific stuff once I get the game up and running and the 3 of you in it
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.