DnD5e Adventuring into the Unknown -- Open

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 2, 2020 5:06 am
This was initially started for other players but because there was enough interest I opened additional games for those who had applied. Their may be an option to join an existing game that has lost a player as such I will use the queue below to extend an invitation to join. If you accept you are removed from the queue. Further with 3 or 4 players I can easily start another game but this is as time permits kind of thing because ramping up a game takes a lot more interaction and effort on my part so I have to limit starting to one until it is up and going.

Note : This is open to anyone interested in playing in a DnD5e game that is not already playing in one of my DnD5e games.

Concept:
The concept is fairly basic on the surface as it is a game of DnD 5e based in an alternate version of the Forgotten Realms. Alternate in that while much of the flavor is still there the world is not the same. Further various survival elements have been added in and/or heightened to the point where they have become actually part of the problems to solve.

Beyond that it is basically a semi-sandbox but also mission driven search into the unknown -- think old school Keep on the Borderlands kind of thing except a lot more different in style and what you will encounter and its meant to run the long haul. Further the world is dynamic and does not wait for the players to encounter, and it is player driven if you are the type to sit back and wait for the world to reach out and grab you then do not apply as this world will simply pass you by. With that said the players will have ample opportunities to get involved and pursue numerous leads and such. However, it should not be considered a hack-n-slash game either for while there will be combat it will start slow as PCs begin to learn their new environment but combat comes and I am pretty sure the respites will be appreciated. I do not require the players to be all that their characters maybe so making rolls to see what your character knows versus what you the player knows is something I support.

I do have one stipulation and that is I only run heroes (LG, NG, CG, LN). Still in 5e alignments are basically just another personality trait and nothing more. Which is to say you have a strong tendency for the alignment you choose but you can stray under various situations but you always gravitate back to your core

Expected Posting Rate: 4 / Week

The above basically means I will be expecting to see activity from a player once every 2 or 3 days on a fairly regular basis and this includes responding to being PM'd/Invited to their Initial game. Which is to say I will be enforcing this a bit more stringently for applicants since I am beginning to get folks applying and then once PM'd/Invited are not responding for a week or more which makes no sense to me. If you applied and I Invite you and send you a PM and post here and you do not respond to the Invite within 3 days you are dropped from the Queue and will have to restate your interest to join and be put at the bottom of the queue once more. At some point I will hit my limit and stop adding more games but I am still okay at this point.

Although the speed of adding a new game is greatly dependent on free time and such, as starting a new game takes more work on my part than just running one.

So if I get at least 3 players I will put the starting a new game on my agenda and once I am ready I will send out PMs to the 1st 4 players in the following queue -- I will also, if a have openings in any existing games, offer the spot to the first person in the queue unless there are special conditions I need to meet. If you are not interested in filling in on an existing game please let me know when you request to join. Also if you and a group of players would like to start a game as unit please denote this but all the players must request to join with this stipulation for clarity.

Players Currently Playing in an Instance of the Game

1) rpgventurer
2) FlyingSucculent
3) HeroAmongMen
4) Rizzoxiii
5) Fredge
6) USGA_Elite
7) KoldikSteelskin
8) Psybermagi
9) Mike
10) aquafina
11) VikingVictus
12) Chalrytharendir
13) Paviinka
14) Queni
15) DragonDweller62
16) KirinOfDarkness
17) Dirteshot

**********************************************************************************

Players Currently in Queue for the Next Instance Start of this Game

1)
2)
3)
4)

**********************************************************************************

Players Currently Applied for the Next Instance of this Game
1)
2)
3)
4)

Players Currently Applied for the Next Next Instance of this Game

1)
2)
3)
4)
Last edited June 14, 2021 11:27 pm
Mar 3, 2020 4:15 am
Yes, I am interested in joining.
Mar 3, 2020 4:36 am
Okay if I asked what you would like to see most in the game besides the premise this game is build on what would those things be? I like to tailor some of the game to the players in it but that is hard to do if players do not communicate with me what they would like and also what they would not like

I once had an excited fairly new player give me a list of 7 things and I was actually able to weave all 7 of those things into the Campaign -- he had an absolute ball playing in that game
Mar 3, 2020 8:58 am
Hi, I am intereseted. Honestly I am a-ok with anything. I would really like to play non-caster though since I haven't got a chance to do so in a while.
Mar 3, 2020 4:35 pm
DeJoker says:
Okay if I asked what you would like to see most in the game besides the premise this game is build on what would those things be? I like to tailor some of the game to the players in it but that is hard to do if players do not communicate with me what they would like and also what they would not like

I once had an excited fairly new player give me a list of 7 things and I was actually able to weave all 7 of those things into the Campaign -- he had an absolute ball playing in that game
If it were up to me, I would like to see some Viking-like action. Apart from that, monster hunting would be fun.
Mar 3, 2020 6:31 pm
Okay what do you mean by "Viking-like Action"
Mar 4, 2020 6:35 pm
Maybe some minor sea-faring in the north, forging into unknown territory for glory and treasure and stories of battle, together in a war-like clan might be fun. Some more feral humanity as the active party, similar to vikings of old. You know, something you can play Immigrant Song to *lol*.

Something like that is what I would really enjoy, if possible.
Mar 4, 2020 7:30 pm
Okay well the other player never responded and I do have a more feral race you can play which you can find it in the Homebrew section ;) you have been added
Last edited March 4, 2020 7:32 pm
Mar 4, 2020 10:17 pm
I'm interested in joining. I can role fill
Mar 4, 2020 10:32 pm
Okay @SchadDad if you could have any adventure you wanted what you like to see and not see within that adventure anything you been itching to encounter, anything you been itching to do -- or just something you thought might be just fun -- as I explain to every player the more thread you give me to play with the better I can weave the adventure tapestry
Last edited March 4, 2020 10:32 pm
Mar 4, 2020 10:39 pm
Like every dnd player, i have a dream of the epic, long-running narrative. I'm just here to have fun in the end. I've got a few characters with long-term goals I could run. Depends on source restrictions, though. What kind of game do you tend to run as the DM?
Mar 4, 2020 11:05 pm
I'm interested. I'm new to GP so it would be my first. I'd like to play an entertainer/fighter trying to make it into his own song.
Mar 4, 2020 11:08 pm
One that is player balanced and aimed at the players wants -- one that is meant to seriously challenge a group at points but one that lets the dice speak when they will. As I stated above a semi-sandbox mission driven series of adventures --- aka I can assign missions and the game is designed for that but you will also have room to go and pursue your own goals should you acquire any along the way. A game that if you just whimsically turn left you are not blocked from going that way but a world that does not always just sit there and wait for you to encounter it either.
Last edited March 4, 2020 11:10 pm
Mar 4, 2020 11:55 pm
I'd like to sign up. I think I'd like to play the sort of game where there are rival factions and the players are caught in the middle and can support who they want. Less good vs evil type things but instead like different kingdoms. For a character, I'm thinking of keeping it simple with like a fighter, paladin, barbarian or warlock. A paladin/warlock might be fun to play
Mar 5, 2020 12:10 am
I would have say I would need to understand how you plan to merge those two concepts, and I am not talking the mechanics, but if you can explain it I can go with it Well you be happy to know that Forgotten Realms does have factions and this place has several kingdoms interested in it with none of them actually controlling it at this time. So its there and available.

Like I said if I get 3 players I will get things started and we now have three players but I very busy this week so I will setup and start the game this weekend -- perhaps a 4th will jump on board prior to then who knows
Mar 5, 2020 12:30 am
What sources are/are not allowed, and what method of stat generation will we be using?
Mar 5, 2020 12:56 am
Officially PHB and SCAG but I am open to other official documents and I have already created 2 House Ruled items specifically for players so further this is based off another game that lost its GM so certain House Rules were already in place and I am holding on to these so that I can more easily run multiple games and thus allow for more players to get involved.

Generation of attributes will be done in game using my preferred method for players 6+3d6 (drop one) as this allows a better chance for more heroic characters and frankly that is what you are supposed to be and further you could have all 18s and I could kill you with a single Tarrasque so why would I the GM be concerned about your stats ;)
Mar 5, 2020 1:10 am
The warlock patron would probably need to be fey, to avoid needing to be evil, and after that I just serve two masters and would need to deal with the consequences of that, if they happen to have differing priorities.
Last edited March 5, 2020 1:22 am
Mar 5, 2020 1:29 am
But this is for recruitment and we can discuss the more game specific stuff once I get the game up and running and the 3 of you in it
Mar 5, 2020 1:51 am
DeJoker says:
But this is for recruitment and we can discuss the more game specific stuff once I get the game up and running and the 3 of you in it
I'm in the GP discord, just tag me when you're ready
Mar 5, 2020 11:27 am
Just to chime in on the Warlock-Paladin Multiclass:
There are a lot of ways to justify that in narrative:
1) The Pact with the Patron was made unwillingly and the Oath of the Paladin is a try for redemption
2) Not all Paladins have to be pure goodness: a Paladin can have sworn the Oath of Vengeance to avenge their child who'd been killed by bandits. They wouldn't even have to be part of an Order of Paladins
3) Paladins in 5e are not bound to a deity, but their Oath. You could be a warlock for i.e. a fiend and then swear an Oath to them to vanquish their foes.
4) I once saw a Paladin who was part of an order where every higher ranking officer was given a magical weapon and made a Pact with the Raven Queen to enhance their bond with that weapon.
5) For a more supportive type a Paladin could also make a Pact with a celestial, which would also get around the evil part.

These are just some possible things.

Also DeJoker I'd love to play with you some day! Right now I don't want to take the spot from Gnellson, especially since it is their first game!
Gnellson says:
I'm interested. I'm new to GP so it would be my first. I'd like to play an entertainer/fighter trying to make it into his own song.
Mar 5, 2020 4:09 pm
Thanks @Caesar but while I guess going with the GAW you could have Paladins without having deity but that smacks head on into an aesthetic concept I have implemented requiring not just all divine caster to have a patron but all characters have to have a patron and further the restriction that I have where I do not run non-heroes (anything NN or below on the alignment chart). However I believe @naelick response had solid enough merit to be okay
Mar 5, 2020 4:25 pm
OK yes, if that's your world, it's a valid concern~

Also that sounds really interesting as a setting.
Mar 5, 2020 4:48 pm
Okay drop in then there is a spot open in this game
Mar 5, 2020 5:09 pm
I think we should wait for @Gnellson, if they want to take the spot since they haven't yet played on here and I have plenty of other games.
If they don't answer in two days or something, I'll gladly join~
Mar 5, 2020 5:47 pm
Not necessarily if I get another 4 applicants I will most likely just start another version of this game -- running multiple parties in the same setting is fairly easy compared to running multiple games
Last edited March 5, 2020 5:47 pm
Mar 5, 2020 6:07 pm
Ah ok, then sure, count me in!
Mar 5, 2020 6:08 pm
Okay first post in this thread updated and your game starts this weekend and I will send invites to the 4 of you as soon as I get it prepared

BTW @Gnellson I have included you in on this new that is starting
Last edited March 5, 2020 6:44 pm
Mar 6, 2020 1:19 am
Hey @Beast I tried to send you an invite to the game but your name does not appear in the list of players you can invite??
Mar 6, 2020 4:08 am
I got your message and I'm glad to be in. Reading the paladin exchange. Never liked playing one. Always glad to have one in the party.
Mar 6, 2020 4:14 am
Okay well game is open and u been invited
Mar 6, 2020 4:41 am
I don't see the invite. I still see "if you're tired of waiting..."
Mar 6, 2020 5:09 am
Are you looking at the right Game -- Marsh Madness
Mar 6, 2020 6:23 am
This is the game. You just have to click join on the bottom right~
Mar 9, 2020 7:46 pm
I want to get in on one of your games.
Mar 9, 2020 8:01 pm
okay you've added to the list
Mar 11, 2020 2:15 pm
I will be opening another game yes but not this week
Mar 11, 2020 2:25 pm
Hey, if it's open, I am still interested. I had a rough week where I was in the hospital with my wife.
Mar 11, 2020 2:30 pm
okay I will add you to the list as well --- always check the first post of this message as that is where I keep the list of coming ups and such

Which means feel free to chat here with the other potential players in our group about what you all might be wanting to play and such
Last edited March 11, 2020 2:31 pm
Mar 11, 2020 8:09 pm
@The_Evil_Dedd @evecar_solaris @theeyetyrant
It looks like we're on deck. I've got a concept or three rolling around in my head that I've not had much of a chance to play. My first choice would be a big lumbering two handed weapon fighter that has a bit of an anger problem (can't stand bullies).
Mar 12, 2020 10:38 am
DeJoker says:
I will be opening another game yes but not this week
Ok thanks
Mar 12, 2020 10:39 am
theeyetyrant says:
Hey, if it's open, I am still interested. I had a rough week where I was in the hospital with my wife.
That sucks I'm sorry to hear man. Hope everything is ok
Mar 16, 2020 4:39 pm
Okay this list of folks have applied to one of my DnD5e games and if you respond to this thread posting your interest I will upon that post add you to the list of games in the order that you post to this thread.

Beast, Diana_Nott, Djura, Brandcolt, snapperw81, phillip1882, Heimda11, LordoftheRows, Totarion2, Xcylla

Now I think one or two of you posted interest in here earlier but did not respond to the game when I opened it up as such you will need to post your interest again before I add you to a game slot. Look forward to hearing from you all.
Mar 16, 2020 5:26 pm
Okay I hope the 4 of you (The_Evil_Dedd, HoorayRat, evecar_solaris, theeyetyrant) are watching this thread as your game has been opened here --> Barrier Edge and your invites have been sent
Mar 16, 2020 5:49 pm
Yes, I'm interested in joining one of your games.

Scott (Xcylla)
Mar 16, 2020 8:35 pm
Name has been added to the next game list stay tuned here ;)
Mar 16, 2020 8:51 pm
I would be interested in joining this game, if there's a spot open.

Full disclosure, I'm still learning 5th ed and eager to play and learn the new style and gameplay.
Mar 16, 2020 9:59 pm
Hi there, I would love to join if there is still room! I am familiar with 5e, but have never done pbp before
Mar 16, 2020 10:01 pm
I take newbies as well as the experienced I have no issues with teaching someone the art of PbP or just guidelines of DnD5e or both and I have add you to the next game to be started

Note to All: Sometimes someone who has expressed interest before you does not respond in a timely manner and gets bumped from the game they were in (has happened) and required to reapply to get back on the list -- or they completely drop out (this has happened as well) -- when this occurs I take the next name on the list and bump them up to the current game this generally happens fairly quickly giving the new player ample time to jump in and make their character along with the other active players so always stay-tuned and watch your PMs that way you do not miss out on a chance to jump in
Mar 16, 2020 10:04 pm
Nope room is not running out any time soon as I have in the past juggled 50 games at one time and while I probably will not go quite that high I am sure can accommodate at least a dozen or so without issues. Just have to stagger the start times is all... and your name has been added
Mar 17, 2020 12:52 am
Hey I would love to join one of your games. I have played 5e a couple times but have never done pbp before
Mar 17, 2020 1:13 am
That is fine -- I will put your name down and alert you to when its come up takes a bit to launch each game so once I have the previous done I will launch another kind of thing
Mar 17, 2020 11:16 am
I am a Beast and I am interested in the game. I am also very confused about the PM I got which said I should state my interest here on this thread, which I think I did already before.
Mar 17, 2020 12:25 pm
I have already send DeJoker a PM for a spot in a future game
Mar 17, 2020 2:04 pm
Yes Beast you did but when I went to form the game you were to be included in initially you did not respond and as such I needed to know you were active and actually interested and I needed a new post so that I could put you back into the queue

Keep in mind folks if you do not see your name in the first post in this thread then I do not have you as being in queue and as such you will not get contacted when I start a new game. I plan to be running a series of these in order to give numerous folks a chance to give it a whirl but while you might have to wait a bit as I ramp a game up that is ahead of you I will eventually get to yours in fairly timely manner considering I do this in my free time.

Again check the first post in this thread to see who is and is not in queue
Last edited March 17, 2020 2:04 pm
Mar 17, 2020 8:53 pm
I have added the following to the first post in this Thread so please be aware of this

Expected Posting Rate: 4 / Week

Note the above basically means I will be expecting to see activity from a player once every 2 or 3 days on a fairly regular basis and this includes in responding to being PM'd/Invited to their Initial game. Which is to say beginning this next Weekend I will be enforcing this a bit more stringently for applicants since I am beginning to get folks applying and then once PM'd/Invited are not responding for a week or more which makes no sense to me.

Also if your name has disappeared from the Pending List this means you have been Invited to the new game and you should have gotten a PM as well indicating such. So check that first post from time to time its there for you not for me.
Last edited March 17, 2020 8:54 pm
Mar 23, 2020 3:28 pm
runekyndig, Xcylla, snapperw81 you have all been sent an invite to here please respond by no later than the end of Wednesday or you will be bumped
Last edited March 23, 2020 3:28 pm
Mar 24, 2020 12:07 am
I'd love to join. I'm pretty flexible on what to play or what happens. I'm new to play-by-post, but have been playing D&D and other RPGs for 25 years.

I am partial to support roles and intellectuals. Would PC world building OK? (Within reason, of course.) I've always wanted to try a Cleric (or Paladin) of History. Kind of an Indiana Jones-esque professor/adventurer.
Last edited March 24, 2020 12:17 am
Mar 24, 2020 5:53 am
Okay I have added you to the next game list (First Post in this thread) -- watch for a PM from me -- but it might be a week or 2 before you get that PM feel free to talk to the other players a bit here but I cannot guarantee they will all be in your final party as I use that Queue to fill the previous games I have started
Last edited March 24, 2020 5:54 am
Mar 24, 2020 8:01 am
I would be interested as well. I am new to PbP and used to play a lot of A D&D 1st ed. I have played 5e and like the additional things characters can do at low levels. I would be interested in playing a spellcaster, maybe a wizard.
Mar 24, 2020 10:41 am
If you are setting up more games - please count me, I would like to join in too
Mar 24, 2020 9:56 pm
I would be interested in joining future games if there is any space available
Mar 24, 2020 9:56 pm
I would be interested in joining future games if there is any space available
Mar 24, 2020 9:59 pm
You have been added to the first post
Mar 25, 2020 6:24 am
Thanks for adding me to the list. Please drop me a line if you start a further game. Look forward to hearing from you.
Mar 25, 2020 8:11 am
No problems Mike I always send an Invite, a PM and I post here when I am launching a new game in order to notify those that their game has been launched
Mar 28, 2020 1:09 am
Thanks for adding me to the list, DeJoker. I'm looking forward to playing.
Mar 28, 2020 1:11 am
For those on the list, what kind of characters are you thinking of running? (Or is there a better place to have this discussion? Still a PbP newbie.)
Mar 28, 2020 8:13 am
I'm not sure yet, maybe a sorcerer
Mar 28, 2020 9:38 pm
I'm not sure yet either. I was thinking of a wizard. However, if this is a problem (if there were too many spellcasters etc) I would have a ranger.
Mar 29, 2020 1:49 am
I'm thinking of a knowledge cleric. More buffs and lore than might.

Why not have a caster-heavy party, though? It would definitely make things interesting. A party of intellectuals who suddenly find themselves having to fend for themselves? Drastically over-analyzing a relatively easy physical hurdle? How, exactly, are we supposed to skin this thing?
Last edited March 29, 2020 1:49 am
Mar 29, 2020 6:12 am
Sounds an interesting and entertaining concept Elrondell. I don't know if we'll be in the same party, although it seems possible, given DeJoker's post to you on 24th: 'Okay I have added you to the next game list (First Post in this thread) -- watch for a PM from me -- but it might be a week or 2 before you get that PM feel free to talk to the other players a bit here but I cannot guarantee they will all be in your final party as I use that Queue to fill the previous games I have started.'

I am pleased to be on the list and look forward to starting when this is up and running.
Mar 29, 2020 10:05 am
Oh, I know we might not be in the same game. Just speculating while we wait. A "What if?" scenario to pass the time. :)
Mar 29, 2020 2:59 pm
Look if the party was all spell-casters this game can handle that -- as long as you do not mind employing some NPCs to do the more dirtier work... I have set it up kind of the Balder's Gate games where you can collect NPCs and where the NPCs can be more than just cannon fodder -- the game is designed to be as detailed or undetailed as the players themselves choose to make it.
Mar 29, 2020 3:01 pm
Secondary Note -- if a group is formed that does not consist of the next 4 players in line and they are willing to pass on being the next game I will bump up the list and form this group as the next (assuming anyone from the group came from the next inline game). Then if there are not 3 or 4 players available to take the next game then I would start this group. Some folks just want to play together and I am fine with that as well.
Mar 29, 2020 9:53 pm
I'm good with whatever the party likes. :)

On the 2nd note, though. You said that the game is mostly Forgotten Realms-based, right? How strict are you sticking to the established lore? (General time-period? Before spell-scars? After? Classic age?)

Specifically, what about the pantheon? If I DO play the cleric, I'm thinking Oghma or Denier (Probably Denier). If not, I might come up with my own order.
Mar 30, 2020 4:02 am
Basically after the Time of Troubles -- and before they really changed the world so dramatically

As for Patrons I have a core list but its a mutable list as well -- that is to say one Patron has many racial Avatars -- as such Oghma does exist (if you are human) however I also have an alignment restriction since I run only heroes (LG, NG, CG, LN) so NG or LN works with Oghma just want to be sure that part is not lost

Still keep in mind that in 5e alignments are just a personality trait and nothing more aka you have a strong tendency for the alignment you choose but you can stray under situations but you always come back to your core
Last edited March 30, 2020 4:04 am
Mar 31, 2020 3:32 pm
If you're okay with me not being too experienced, then I'd be up for this whenever the next (next) game opens up
Mar 31, 2020 3:38 pm
I have ran newbies to the extremely experienced so you are more than welcome

Just keep an eye on this thread (make sure you have read the first post) and pay attention to PMs and such for as soon as I am able I will be starting a new game... I have to get the ones in operational queue to a point where I can begin another as I have to stagger this so not to get overwhelmed --- I get involved in character creation helping players make a more 3d character when possible rather than the standard 2d you get in most games. Granted this game facilitates more 2d than 3d but it can be achieved but I do not push it.
Last edited March 31, 2020 3:41 pm
Mar 31, 2020 4:13 pm
Awesome, sounds cool. Of course I get that it might take a while. I'll keep an eye on here and on my PMs
Mar 31, 2020 4:51 pm
Awesome, DeJoker. After going through the pantheons, I'm thinking of a NG elven cleric of Labelas, their equivalent of Oghma and Deneir. A Seeker of my particular order. Essentially someone who goes out and hunts down and studies old/lost lore, preserves stories, artwork, etc. An adventuring historian. Side jobs include acting as a tutor, scribe, and record keeper. My order's prime directives are preserving history and the natural flow of time and life.

Sound good?
Mar 31, 2020 4:58 pm
I'd like to join as well. I played on the site a few years ago but family medical issues kept me away but I'm back and looking for a game
Mar 31, 2020 5:38 pm
Sounds great Elrondell I think you will very much like the premise of the setting

I have added you to the Queue Coachthor
Last edited March 31, 2020 5:38 pm
Mar 31, 2020 7:19 pm
LordoftheRows and USGA_Elite you have been invited to join Barrier Edge please check in as soon as you can.
Apr 4, 2020 8:48 pm
Just reading through things, but would like to join. I'm not a complete newbie, but its been a long time since I've played, and I apologise in advance if I mix up a pathfinder rule. (Though I'm used enough to my pathfinder players confusing dnd 5e rules, so I like to think I know majority of the differences). I am a newbie to combing pbp and ttrpgs, but not to the individual components.

Still looking through stuff to generate a character concept, will partially depend on what others in the group I end up in have.

Edit: Though currently leaning towards Archfey Warlock.
Last edited April 4, 2020 10:02 pm
Apr 5, 2020 4:40 am
Okay LightOfMidnight I have added you to the Queue in the first post
Apr 10, 2020 4:05 am
I'm interested in hopping into a 5e game, but I've never done Play by Post before...how long do these games tend to go? I guess I'm nervous about a commitment to a group of strangers I've never met.

I'm sure you're quite busy, DeJoker. How many games do you run at a time? And if I ask to be put on your list, about how long do you think it would be before it got rolling?
Last edited April 10, 2020 4:22 am
Apr 11, 2020 2:53 pm
Well that depends on the players and the GM -- I plan to take it as far as the players will go assuming RL does not change drastically on me

That being said it may take a little while (weeks) before I get you in but if you have patience it will happen
Apr 11, 2020 3:50 pm
Sure, you can take this as an Official Requestâ„¢ for me to join your next campaign. I feel like PbP would be a bad medium if I didn't have some modicum of patience :).

DM me whenever you're ready to embark on the next adventure, I'll be around. (And thank you for GMing. I've done it/am doing it for a live game, and I don't prefer it, but it's allowed me to appreciate GMs far more than before. You're amazing!)
Apr 13, 2020 4:39 am
Hi. I'm interested in joining a game, I'm a noobie but I'm keen to learn and can be active at least 5 nights a week
Jun 25, 2020 9:38 pm
Sign me up! :) I'm definitely interested.
Jun 25, 2020 10:37 pm
No GeneCortess same game set and I believe you were in one but I could be wrong as I do not keep track that closely but you were are in one of my games some where
Jun 25, 2020 10:41 pm
yep. I'm the one.. LOL.. No two characters .. Winks.. "SHUMP"...
Last edited June 25, 2020 10:43 pm
Jun 26, 2020 6:11 am
Not in this venue as each of the DnD5e games I am running is simply a parallel version -- granted they take on a life of their own once the players hit the field but they all start out the same
Jun 26, 2020 10:58 pm
Drop me a line if you are interested in running a further game.
Jun 27, 2020 8:17 am
I know I am on the list at the beginning of this threat but I am definitely still interested if you're going to run another game.
Jun 27, 2020 4:33 pm
yes Mike and Dankel I do eventually plan to open another game and will most likely eventually accommodate everyone on the waiting list -- just takes time -- just had to get back on track and get things rolling forward smoothly once more
Last edited June 27, 2020 4:34 pm
Jun 28, 2020 12:27 am
Thanks for getting back to us. Look forward to hearing from you when ever you want to start a new game.
Jun 30, 2020 5:02 pm
I'd be interested too.. new at the PBP aspect here.
Jun 30, 2020 9:09 pm
okay your name has been added thanks for the interest
Jul 3, 2020 5:47 pm
Did you send an invite DeJoker? I can never find invites...
Jul 4, 2020 2:57 pm
No I PM when I set an Invite -- but I have not started any new games -- just check the first post in this thread for status
Jul 14, 2020 5:40 am
I'd like to be added to the waiting list if possible
Jul 14, 2020 8:24 am
I've never played a DnD 5e game before (still know most of the basics however), so if you're ok with playing with a newbie, I'd like to be added to the "Next Next Next Game" group ^^.
Jul 14, 2020 4:42 pm
In order of preference due to the current Queue -- who would like to join a more combat oriented game -- there will still be other things but the remaining character (player : HeroAmongMen) from a team wants to do more combat oriented missions -- raid the enemies and such and I can do that but that requires a slight shift in the game paradigm which I am okay with doing but I would want players that would enjoy a more combat concentric game. Basically the group will be a squad whose initial job is to provide protection against the marauding beasts and undead that come out of the Misty Marsh -- I can take up to four players for this as combat oriented games need that extra body more often than not.

1) Mike -- no
2) dankel -- no
3) QuantumRiot -- no
4) Sassafras
5) Coachthor -- yes
6) LightOfMidnight
7) DeathBeforeDecaff
8) cavarillion
9) Mr.Armitage -- yes
10) claypigeons
11) Rattila -- no
12) Gigz -- yes
13) Kilikina -- yes

So think about it if you think you might like something like this please respond -- today is 2020-07-14 -- by the beginning of 2020-07-18 I will be taking at least 4 players (I might take 1 or 2 more not sure) who have said they were interested in this -- if not enough of you respond then I will farm it out to others to see who might be interested in this style of game

Note while it is more combat concentric it by no means will be hack-n-slash all the way through -- it might start that way but I am sure once everyone has gotten there fill of waiting for the enemy they will begin trying to figure out how to take the fight to them and put an end to them.

Lastly I hope those on the list above are watching this thread
Last edited July 17, 2020 4:47 am
Jul 14, 2020 4:56 pm
Well, I'd prefer to try a more balanced campaign between fighting, roleplaying and story for my first game, and I doubt I have the required experience to be an useful asset in such scenario. But thanks for the suggestions anyway !
Jul 14, 2020 5:31 pm
I'd love to play in something like that. What level were you thinking of starting at?
Jul 14, 2020 5:50 pm
Rattila I am fully aware that this style of game does not suit everyone this is why I did not just take the next four players in the queue -- and instead posted a -- would you be interested in something like this -- question.

And with that said the other games I have going are more a role playing mix which is what I usually run -- this is just a situation where I have one player left of the 4 that started and I need to refill that game but I asked that remaining player what they would really like to do and that was their response -- and while we might have done a solo with a trickle in of other characters -- with what I had setup in general -- that just did not work very well -- they would not be able to solo the more combat concentric stuff -- and that character is not very big on the investigation or social stuff -- however I am going to guess that as the group gets more acclimated to the region they might branch out and do more things -- and like I said perhaps take the fight to the enemy and try to put a stop to it
Last edited July 14, 2020 5:55 pm
Jul 14, 2020 6:08 pm
If there's still slot possibilities, I'm still looking to get into a game of some form.
Jul 14, 2020 6:36 pm
yea Gigz there are slots open but this is a call for specific type of slot that does not adhere to the normal slots that I have -- so looking for a particular game style as combat concentric games are not for everyone and I was looking for folk who understand what it might mean and willing to sign on for it -- otherwise I will add your name to the queue
Last edited July 14, 2020 7:09 pm
Jul 14, 2020 6:44 pm
Sure, I'm in for either or. :)
Jul 15, 2020 4:23 am
I’d be open for something like this as well.
Jul 16, 2020 2:29 am
I am not as interested in a combat oriented game as I like the balance of combat, roleplaying and story. Also things have suddenly got more busy with work and I am in a number of games already. But thanks for keeping me in mind and I would be interested if you decide to GM any other games later.
Jul 16, 2020 3:36 am
I'm interested, this sounds cool! I'm down for balanced, more rp, more combat, whatever.
Last edited July 16, 2020 3:37 am
Jul 16, 2020 11:56 am
DeJoker says:
In order of preference due to the current Queue -- who would like to join a more combat oriented game -- there will still be other things but the remaining character (player : HeroAmongMen) from a team wants to do more combat oriented missions -- raid the enemies and such and I can do that but that requires a slight shift in the game paradigm which I am okay with doing but I would want players that would enjoy a more combat concentric game. Basically the group will be a squad whose initial job is to provide protection against the marauding beasts and undead that come out of the Misty Marsh -- I can take up to four players for this as combat oriented games need that extra body more often than not.

So think about it if you think you might like something like this please respond -- today is 2020-07-14 -- by the beginning of 2020-07-18 I will be taking at least 4 players (I might take 1 or 2 more not sure) who have said they were interested in this -- if not enough of you respond then I will farm it out to others to see who might be interested in this style of game

Note while it is more combat concentric it by no means will be hack-n-slash all the way through -- it might start that way but I am sure once everyone has gotten there fill of waiting for the enemy they will begin trying to figure out how to take the fight to them and put an end to them.

Lastly I hope those on the list above are watching this thread
Hi DeJoker

Just to let you know I am happy for someone else to take up my spot for the more combat orientated game, I will wait for a more generic game to become available.
Jul 16, 2020 3:57 pm
I'm happy to step aside this time too. Just starting up in another game so I will hold fire on this one for now.
Jul 16, 2020 4:04 pm
Okay I am updating my post -- but will post it here as well -- and will state again by the beginning of 2020-07-18 I will go through the list of folks that said yeah/nay and pick the first at least 4 players (with perhaps 1 or 2 more not sure on that) who have expressed interest in this more combat concentric game

Current Queue
1) Mike -- no
2) dankel -- no
3) QuantumRiot -- no
4) Sassafras
5) Coachthor -- yes
6) LightOfMidnight
7) DeathBeforeDecaff
8) cavarillion
9) Mr.Armitage -- yes
10) claypigeons
11) Rattila -- no
12) Gigz -- yes
13) Kilikina -- yes
14) kenesperanza

Note if you said yes and are not in the current Queue and do not make this game I will add you to the normal Queue and hopefully get to you eventually
Last edited July 17, 2020 4:47 am
Jul 16, 2020 7:31 pm
yes I can put you in the Queue -- but are you wanting to join this specific instance of more combat oriented game or would you rather play in a more balanced game?
Jul 17, 2020 2:13 am
Both options are fine with me. I do like combat and I often play support roles in combat.
Aug 20, 2020 4:17 pm
Okay just a quick note to those who denoted interest in the more combat oriented campaign -- I have had to hold off starting this until I can get back to a more regular schedule and I will be checking back with you all as soon as I get to the point -- aka when I can actually return to a somewhat more normal schedule
Aug 21, 2020 1:26 am
Wow. Did I miss the que too?
Nov 9, 2020 8:58 pm
Okay it has been a while but I have slowly recovered and back to somewhat normal and have tied up all outstanding loose ends as such I can now open another branch in this game. However not being sure who is or is not currently active that showed interest so long ago I am going to make this post -- if you are interested in jumping in and are not currently in one of these games (currently 3 different ones are running) please respond to this post -- I have picked up a Newbie for the first additional game -- but I will consult my queue for preference if I get a large response otherwise I will be inviting folks fairly quickly --- still keep in mind I do plan to start more than one of these just from experience it is best to get one set launched before starting up more sets -- which is to say I may start 2 more games simultaneously if there are enough folks interested

As a final note if you are in queue and do not respond to this within 3 days I will remove you from the queue -- further if you are not in the queue and respond to this and due not get in I will add you to the queue
Last edited November 9, 2020 9:00 pm
Nov 10, 2020 2:34 am
I went back to the start of this post but I am still a bit unclear on the game's plot I guess you could say. In a nutshell, what we would be be doing as players?
Last edited November 10, 2020 2:34 am
Nov 10, 2020 2:40 am
The game is set up as a semi-sandbox -- you begin the game with the option to take missions but you can also go off on your own to follow whatever colors your fancy

Some folks prefer the sandbox style and others prefer the more mission oriented -- I try to present the players with both options and then let the group decide what they want to do -- and they are free to mix the two as they desire

That being said -- the game is also about surviving as the natural (or not so natural) elements can be as nasty of an opponent that you might be facing -- further not all encounters are gauged to the party (aka you are not guaranteed to win) and it is up to the players to decide what they want to do about the encounter -- I give XP based on the encounter and its outcome -- not based on what you kill and/or do not kill -- and frankly if you end up fighting every encounter you come across you will most likely die sooner or later -- but also note I am not a killer GM either I am not out to kill you just present challenges that you need to figure out how best to handle based on the information you have gathered (or not gathered).

Does that help you any -- do you have any other questions?
Last edited November 10, 2020 2:41 am
Nov 10, 2020 2:45 am
Okay @LightOfMidnight I have you noted -- if by the 12th at 3pm CST those ahead of you do not respond I will post an invite for you to this game
Nov 10, 2020 3:00 am
I will say, even to my own detriment, recently heard Mika is having internet fun. Dankel I believe knows more.
Nov 10, 2020 4:04 am
It is cool if they are still interested and cannot post within the timeframe allotted they can get into the next game it is not like I deny folks ;)
Nov 10, 2020 5:34 am
I'd be willing to give it a shot, I don't mind a bit of player agency. And I like playing with LightofMidnight. Thank you for running it. Shall I track it down and apply or wait for an invite?
Nov 10, 2020 5:43 am
Please wait for Invite -- I queue folks up to play but make accommodations for folks that want to play with specific other folks as well -- so if LightOfMidnight agrees -- I will join the two of you as one individual -- for queue-ing purposes
Nov 10, 2020 9:34 pm
Hi Dejoker, I am still interested, as Legion says, Mike is offline at the moment but I am sure he is still keen as well.
Nov 10, 2020 9:38 pm
I'm still interested too, so count me in.
Nov 10, 2020 9:45 pm
Okay I will leave Mike in his current position but I am going to solidify this current group on the 12th -- but as before I will make another one after I get this one going

Currently have this thus far --
1) ---taken---
2) QuantumRiot
3) LightOfMidnight
4) Nikcollini
------
Next game
1) Mike
2) dankel

The only one chiming in right now that can change the above would be Sassafras
Last edited November 10, 2020 10:36 pm
Nov 10, 2020 10:10 pm
Happy to swop as I would like to be in the same game as Mike
Nov 10, 2020 10:33 pm
ah okay that makes that easier -- hopefully Mike gets his internet sorted out soon

updated previous post
Last edited November 10, 2020 10:36 pm
Nov 11, 2020 10:20 pm
Well it appears Mike is back maybe he will chime in here once he catches up on all the things he fell behind in ;)
Nov 11, 2020 11:16 pm
Hey DeJoker, sorry to say but I had some life/medical school stuff come up and I think it is gonna be wise if I don't join this game. I'd hate to slow it down dramatically as that would be unfair. Thanks for being willing to include me though and sorry for the unfortunate news.
Nov 11, 2020 11:32 pm
Hi - my internet is indeed back (long may it last) as of today and I am interested in joining.
Nov 12, 2020 12:06 am
Okay that closes this down a bit prematurely other than adjusting my list of potential players for next game as I will still purge the list of anyone that did not check in to say they were still interested and bump other up the list -- if you got purged just let me know you are interested and I will add you back into the queue

Currently have this thus far --
1) ---taken---
2) Mike
3) dankel
4) QuantumRiot
------
Next game
1) LightOfMidnight
2) Nikcollini

So dankel and QuantomRiot please accept your invites HERE and Mike you will have to go there and apply to Join not sure why but posting your name does not return you so I could not invite you directly
Last edited November 12, 2020 12:08 am
Nov 13, 2020 12:48 am
Thanks for inviting me. I wasn't sure of the name of the game but I saw that dankel has been invited to 'Far Reaching' and QuantumRiot is in so I have applied to join that one.
Nov 13, 2020 2:33 pm
Okay Mike you are in -- you will find you have your own character creation thread but look over the Creation Parameters before diving into that and glad you finally got in
Last edited November 13, 2020 2:33 pm
Nov 14, 2020 12:28 am
QuantumRiot just dropped because a friend of his is also starting a new game and since I have only 2 in the wings at this time I will invite you both so LightOfMidnight and Nikcollini please use the link in the previous post to the others to find your invite and please jump in and let us get this thing rocking
Last edited November 14, 2020 12:28 am
Nov 14, 2020 9:32 am
Nikcollini says:
Hey DeJoker, sorry to say but I had some life/medical school stuff come up and I think it is gonna be wise if I don't join this game. I'd hate to slow it down dramatically as that would be unfair. Thanks for being willing to include me though and sorry for the unfortunate news.
Hey @Dejoker, I wrote this a bit ago and wanted to make sure you saw it.
Nov 16, 2020 10:31 am
Ah okay thanks -- apparently I missed it
Jan 3, 2021 7:03 am
Okay in search of 1 or 2 more players to step into a current game -- lost a couple of players to the Void

I have options in how to include the new character -- A) I can simply "miraculously" replace one of the previous characters as if the new character had been there the whole time and as such they will have knowledge of everything that took place prior to the current state (which is not a lot mind you) B) I can merge the character in in fairly organically in other ways depending on what the player would like.

Note I am a fairly flexible GM and one that does not let mechanics get in the way of fun (nor cause imbalances) as such I can (and have) helped make a few custom classes or tweak a few classes to make them fit more thematically so in short if there was ever something heroic you might have been itching to play this might be a place where you can do just that
Jan 3, 2021 5:03 pm
I'd be interested. What level character are you looking for?
Jan 3, 2021 10:26 pm
I'd be very interested if there's still any openings! :)
Jan 4, 2021 5:49 am
I start players at 3rd level and we go from there. Okay I think I can accommodate both of you but I if you could please give me an idea of what kind of character you are thinking of playing then I can drop you into most appropriate group -- As I have 2 different games that can use another player. Keep in mind choose what you most would enjoy playing even if its not cannon perhaps we can work it out provided it fits within the overall world dynamics
DeJoker sent a note to DeJoker
Last edited January 4, 2021 5:55 am
Jan 4, 2021 8:40 am
DeJoker says:
I start players at 3rd level and we go from there. Okay I think I can accommodate both of you but I if you could please give me an idea of what kind of character you are thinking of playing then I can drop you into most appropriate group -- As I have 2 different games that can use another player. Keep in mind choose what you most would enjoy playing even if its not cannon perhaps we can work it out provided it fits within the overall world dynamics
VikingVictus sent a note to DeJoker
Sounds good to me! Do you have any restrictions on which sourcebooks you use or is it any WotC published material?
Jan 4, 2021 9:27 am
Not really I accept most material I have even some homebrew stuff that players asked to use. It just has to be able to fit into the worlds paradigm which is predefined and even some of the official source material may not always fit as I am not running current day Forgotten Realms still most pre-Spell Plague material works just fine -- so just toss your idea out on the table and we can go from there. Of course due to some of the stuff that already is -- may exclude other stuff from dropping in.
Last edited January 4, 2021 9:32 am
Jan 4, 2021 11:31 am
I’m going to have to pass. Just back to work and it looks like I’ll be a little busier than expected for the next week or so.
Jan 4, 2021 8:37 pm
Okay szemely feel free to check back in later if your time is better --- VikingVictus I am going to be sending you a link to your invite via PM so stay tuned :)
Jan 5, 2021 10:45 am
Hello there!

Is there room for one more character?
Jan 5, 2021 12:36 pm
Well since szemely bowed out that does leave one spot open I will get an invite to the game out later on today sometime and PM you where to find the invite.
Jan 5, 2021 2:11 pm
Wonderful! Use my character or his? If mine, any requirements?
Jan 25, 2021 10:29 pm
Bump due to new interest and availability
Jan 25, 2021 10:51 pm
This sounds interesting and I would be up for jumping onboard a game.
Jan 25, 2021 11:08 pm
Alright I have extended an offer to another player as well if they accept I can start a small group (of 2) the other groups are currently full at the moment but that can change fairly easily as the void has a way of swallowing players and GMs

If a couple more players chime in though I will get the group started even sooner. Think about what you would like to play as just about anything that could fit within the Forgotten Realms is a viable character.
Last edited January 25, 2021 11:08 pm
Jan 26, 2021 12:33 am
I saw it mentioned in this thread that you were open to considering some official supplements. I am digging the idea of a pugilist. How do you feel about material from Tasha's Cauldron? The Fighting Style: Unarmed Fighting and maybe the Grappling Strike Manuever is all I would need, I think.

Really digging the concept of a former monk who for some reason lost his will and discipline. So he has the physical training of a monk but no longer has the spiritual benefits.
Jan 26, 2021 12:44 am
I can look at what you are mentioning but so far while I have included elements from TCoE I have had to nerf them a bit but conceptually I see no issue in you becoming a pugilist we could even tweak the Fighter class to handle a non-spiritual martial artist
Jan 26, 2021 1:41 am
This seems like it could be interesting would love to join in. There is a casting focused druid that been bouncing around the back of my head and this seems like it could be a place for it.
Jan 26, 2021 2:03 am
Okay we can get the ball rolling and hopefully one or two more might choose to jump in. Stellarcell and MrDeVale you can find your Invite to the game HERE
Jan 26, 2021 3:35 am
Hello, I have never played in a play by post before and am still pretty new to dnd. Would this be a good campaign for a relatively new player? If so, I would be interested in joining if you add another session. Thanks
Jan 26, 2021 6:13 am
Well if you need a patient GM that will help you learn the ropes and you plan to be active and stay with us then yes this could be a game for you.
Last edited January 26, 2021 6:14 am
Jan 26, 2021 7:00 am
Ok, I have played in 2 games so I know the basic rules, but am still trying out different classes and stuff like that
Jan 26, 2021 7:14 am
Okay so I have accepted you into the game hopefully MrDeVale will be joining us shortly
Last edited January 26, 2021 7:15 am
Jan 29, 2021 9:55 pm
Could use one more player in a new launching version of this game -- experienced or inexperienced is not an issue -- however commitment to posting about 4 times a week is semi-required as that keeps the game flowing for everyone.

That being said this is a dynamic game so if you have ever itched to play something but not gotten the chance perhaps this is a place for you -- that being said sorry I only run heroes of the story no villain types and its a group game so no lone wolves.
Jan 30, 2021 4:42 am
I'd be interested in joining if you are still looking. I have 30+ years of ttrpg experience. About 1 of that is in 5e. What are the others playing? I have a few character ideas running around my head at the moment with which I would fill in a gap.
Last edited January 30, 2021 4:58 am
Jan 30, 2021 4:59 am
Okay Fairborne here is a link to your invite LINK

When you get into the game you can look up the Current Character List to see what others have put together
Last edited January 30, 2021 5:05 am
Feb 14, 2021 8:59 pm
Hmm we seemed to perhaps have lost a player to the void -- in a game that is just starting -- if any newbies or experienced players want to get in on the ground floor -- in a campaign game that is aimed to let players play what they wanted to play but just could not get the chance otherwise -- please post your interest
Last edited February 14, 2021 9:00 pm
Feb 15, 2021 2:23 pm
I would be interrested if the spot is still open :)
Feb 15, 2021 2:26 pm
Yes it is and you have been invited you can join HERE
Feb 17, 2021 5:01 am
Still have a spot open for a beginner?
Feb 17, 2021 5:18 am
Yes but I kind of need to know what you would like to play as I would have to slide you into current game or you can wait to see if 2 others express interest and I can start another new game.
Mar 8, 2021 1:44 am
Again looking for a few players to replace a few ghosts -- have a good base of players in several instances of this game just need to add some to fill out the rosters.

All levels of experience in DnD5e welcome I am perfectly willing to teach newbies or take on experienced players.

That said if you have ever wanted to play some heroic character that the normal guidelines just did not quite allow perhaps you might enjoy this game as I promote playing that which you want to play and have no problems tweaking the guidelines to help facilitate that. It will be balanced to the other players mind you but probably much closer to whatever it is you have wanted to play that you could not.
Last edited March 8, 2021 1:49 am
Mar 8, 2021 2:06 am
I would be interested in trying it out. Are there more details about level and party make-up you could share?
Mar 8, 2021 2:13 am
I've been waiting for a spot in a 5e game to open up, and I'm also wondering about party make-up before thinking about a character. Otherwise, the sandbox and player-driven elements spoken of appeal to me.
Mar 8, 2021 2:13 am
Yes but it might be easier if you both state what you think you might like to play although you do not have to nail it down fully -- as one group is 5th level and the others are 3rd level and the make ups differ greatly. However, if you might enjoy perhaps jumping in and taking over a pre-existing role that can be done as well. One of the groups has been going for a while and the other is pretty much just starting.
Last edited March 8, 2021 2:15 am
Mar 8, 2021 2:39 am
I am a player in one of these groups (the newer one) and it has been awesome working with DeJoker through character creation and the intro to our story. Don't miss this opportunity to get in on a great game!
Mar 8, 2021 2:41 am
Thanks Stellarcell but I still won't give you the Eye of Vecna ;) Well without Vecna still attached to it that is.
Last edited March 8, 2021 2:43 am
Mar 8, 2021 2:44 am
To fit with the theme of the Great Unknown and the expansive setting of the Forgotten Realms, perhaps I would play a bard (I may decide to multiclass as the character concept evolves) from the College of Lore who strives to travel the world and document it all, dreaming of one day becoming something like the next Volo. I mainly think that would be fun to roleplay.

I would be happy in either group, if that helps.
Mar 8, 2021 3:00 am
Okay DragonDweller62 give me three days to ascertain whether our current bard has become inactive or they just had not posted recently as putting you to that spot with a Bard would be ideal.
Last edited March 8, 2021 3:00 am
Mar 8, 2021 3:08 am
I was thinking druid. Specifically a Mycanoid Circle of Spores Druid, with a reskinned warforged as the base for the race. Possibly dipping into Barbarian for three levels, but I'm unsure right now.
Mar 8, 2021 3:21 am
The only minor issue I have with that Maskcot is that even reskinned the Warforged do not exist within the Forgotten Realms which would make you completely alien to the world and that makes it hard for you to be connected with a Deity for the Druid part. This does not mean it cannot be done but I would need a fairly good backstory for me to pull something like that into the world. However if you can explain why you were thinking of a reskinned Warforged perhaps that can be resolved a different way.
Mar 8, 2021 3:29 am
That and I would have to rework the Circle of Spores Druid as in my world it would be considered borderline evil and incapable of healing folks as it uses Negative Energy which is like anti-matter to the matter of Positive Energy (or Healing magic) one cannot manipulate both.

So again not impossible and if you are thinking of perhaps a Myconid Druid character that uses spores in a more positive energy way that would be most doable.
Last edited March 8, 2021 3:39 am
Mar 8, 2021 3:35 am
I misspelled it. Myconid are very much a part of Forgotten Realm lore. They don't have 5e rules yet, but I thought warforged most closely resembled them in rules. That is a link to a wiki for more info. They are mushroom people. It's a reskin for rules sake.
Last edited March 8, 2021 3:36 am
Mar 8, 2021 3:59 am
I am aware that the Myconid are very much part of the Forgotten Realms and no issues with them not having been converted to 5e yet I can grab an earlier version and walk them over. Heck they have been part of DnD since the 1st Edition so yeah I know about them ;)

The 2 big issues I see with the Myconid is

1) You are definitely going to be extremely different although with a long hooded cloak that could be somewhat mitigated.

2) I have to concur with someone's version of the Myconid and that they would have the same Sun Sensitivity as the Drow do

Note I glanced over the Warforged and do not agree that a reskinned version of one of those would be a Myconid I would probably pattern it off of something like this:

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Myconid_(5e_Race)

Not to say I would use that exactly but I would pattern it off of that and if you were doing the Myconid Spore Priest we could come up with something that melded their racial abilities into their class abilities and make them a positive versus a negative oriented class

That all being said I would want to hear the backstory on this character before committing to the effort to bring it to playable life. I mean why is it out amongst the surface world rather than living in the Underdark like the rest of its race?
Last edited March 8, 2021 4:07 am
Mar 8, 2021 5:40 am
Okay Maskcot is that a nevermind to the Myconid or nevermind to the game in general?
Mar 8, 2021 1:25 pm
Ive been dying to play a barbarian. I might be interested.
Mar 8, 2021 2:49 pm
I'm game if you still need people.
Mar 8, 2021 7:20 pm
Yep had another player recently bow out due to recovering from a health issue just let me know what you might like to play
Mar 8, 2021 7:21 pm
Half ork or human variant path of berzerker barbarian
Last edited March 8, 2021 7:21 pm
Mar 8, 2021 7:28 pm
SJoyner72 you might like the Yroc race once you see it but yeah any of those works
Mar 8, 2021 11:32 pm
ariseblakknight2008 what is your status ?? are you still interested and if so what do you think you might want to play ??
Mar 8, 2021 11:53 pm
Okay just to clarify I have the following interested players

SJoyner72 ............... Barbarian (Berserker)
Mar 8, 2021 11:53 pm
Okay just to clarify I have the following interested players

SJoyner72 ............... Barbarian (Berserker) --- okay sent you a PM on status

DragonDweller62 ......... Bard (College Lore) --- waiting until the 11th verifying the player I believe is missing is missing

ariseblakknight2008 ..... ???? --- without knowing what you would like to play makes it hard to figure out where to put you

-----------------------------

Okay with that said I still have a couple open slots if anyone new to DnD5e or experienced in it would like to hop in.
Last edited March 9, 2021 1:29 am
Mar 12, 2021 5:21 pm
DragonDweller62 please follow this link HERE and accept your invitation

SJoyner72 please follow this link HERE and accept your invitation
Last edited March 13, 2021 7:18 am
Mar 12, 2021 9:41 pm
Do you still have any openings? If yes I would love to join. Up front, I am very new to RPG's and D&D5e. I have not yet tried to play a game here on gamers plane. I have always wanted to play but never had the time and it appears this is a great way to play. I am interested in playing a Rogue with a background as a criminal/spy. My main motives would be to gather information on different organizations, races and societies and provide that information the organization that I am loyal to.

I am pretty new to this, but that is all I could think of at the moment.
Mar 12, 2021 11:14 pm
Well Rogues come in many flavors and you also have to keep in mind I run the heroic side of the game -- the PCs are understood to be the heroes of the story -- that being said there are organizations within the Forgotten Realms that do what you describe who are not evil so it is still a viable backdrop. Although this is also a more wilderness-ish setting as well and while it does have intrigue and such that is not the main stay of things since most of the players thus far have not expressed a high interest in that.

If that still sounds good to you and you want to stick with this concept we can get you started.
Mar 13, 2021 7:01 am
Just posting here dejoker, we have already spoken in PM's.
Mar 13, 2021 7:17 am
Okay Rizzoxiii please follow this link HERE and accept your invitation

And we will discuss the rest in-game within your creation thread
Last edited March 13, 2021 7:18 am
Mar 13, 2021 8:31 am
This is now a 11 page long looking for players tread. That is some turnaround
Mar 13, 2021 8:44 am
Yes and no -- it is after all 4 Instances of the game supporting currently about 18 active players and yeah turn over in PbP is generally fairly high -- I just try to keep the games filled and nearly all of the turn over is due to ghosting and/or real-life issues and not much you can do about that. So is this a concern of yours for some reason?
Last edited March 13, 2021 8:46 am
Mar 16, 2021 8:18 pm
DeJoker says:
Well Rogues come in many flavors and you also have to keep in mind I run the heroic side of the game -- the PCs are understood to be the heroes of the story -- that being said there are organizations within the Forgotten Realms that do what you describe who are not evil so it is still a viable backdrop. Although this is also a more wilderness-ish setting as well and while it does have intrigue and such that is not the main stay of things since most of the players thus far have not expressed a high interest in that.

If that still sounds good to you and you want to stick with this concept we can get you started.
How about a Rogue Assassin Bounty Hunter? He uses his skills to track down the bad guys of the story? I was actually looking forward to more of a wilderness setting.
Mar 16, 2021 8:39 pm
It is more of a wilderness-ish setting as I have stated within the message you quoted.

Okay so looking at a Rogue (Assassin) Bounty Hunter

Also are you going to be able to handle 3 to 4 posts per week ?? As the time between your previous post and this post was 4 days.
Last edited March 16, 2021 8:40 pm
Mar 17, 2021 5:42 pm
DeJoker says:
It is more of a wilderness-ish setting as I have stated within the message you quoted.

Okay so looking at a Rogue (Assassin) Bounty Hunter

Also are you going to be able to handle 3 to 4 posts per week ?? As the time between your previous post and this post was 4 days.
Yes, I can handle between 3 to 4 posts a week. I most likely would not be able to post on Saturday's or Sunday's but I will be able to post 3 to 4 times between Monday and Friday,
Apr 9, 2021 2:58 am
Okay I seem to have everything tidied up -- and can add another Instance of this Game if their are any folks that would like to take on the challenge.

Looking for 3 to 5 players to start a new Instance newbies or veterans I am comfortable with either
Last edited April 9, 2021 2:58 am
Apr 11, 2021 7:02 am
I've been lurking for some time, and would love a chance to finally dip my toes into a game
Apr 11, 2021 7:52 am
Great well as soon as we can get 2 to 4 more players I will start another instance.
Apr 11, 2021 12:02 pm
DeJoker says:
Great well as soon as we can get 2 to 4 more players I will start another instance.
I am interested!
Apr 11, 2021 5:59 pm
Okay great just need 1 to 3 more players and I will launch that new instance
Apr 11, 2021 6:42 pm
I would like to join, please. Newbie to D&D but I'm gradually getting familiar with the system.
Apr 11, 2021 6:47 pm
So after some consideration, if you'd be interested in having dwarven ranger, I'd be up for a game, too. Although I'd suck at roleplaying because being a dwarf in English is quite hard, but I just love dwarfs, haha.
Apr 11, 2021 6:53 pm
Okay well that is 4 players so I will get things rolling and try to get the game set up CoB today. Just a word of warning be prepared to do a bit of reading ;) and do not worry if you are not overly familiar with DnD5e as it stands I have no trouble asking question and I do what I can to help all players create a 3-dimensional character.

So as a Dwarven Ranger are you thinking Gloomstalker then?
Apr 11, 2021 7:38 pm
Yeah I was thinking of trying out gloom stalker, if that'd be cool?
Apr 11, 2021 8:18 pm
Okay some of you have already accepted your invites but just in case you did not get it or cannot easily find it here is a link to it.

Cleaving Bridge
Jun 14, 2021 10:25 pm
Okay attrition as usual in a PbP has gotten to a point where I can add at least two more players to existing games if anyone is interested in joining in.

HOWEVER -- Please carefully read the first post in this thread as I do not want a player joining with false expectations.
Jun 21, 2021 6:56 am
Bumping this still in need of a couple of players newbies or vets

HOWEVER -- Please carefully read the first post in this thread as I do not want a player joining with false expectations.
Jun 22, 2021 4:32 pm
I would be down. Still somewhat new, but not really. Are you talking journeymen DnD players, or just newbies and vets? Lol.

One question, any restrictions on character building? I didn't see any aside from alignment. (ie, can I use just PHB, Tasha's, XGtE?)
Last edited June 22, 2021 4:33 pm
Jun 22, 2021 4:56 pm
The whole range Paximilian as I do not discriminate for any reason and all are welcome.

The particulars to character building are within the game under an appropriate thread and I do allow most things and have a few additional things due to player desires to play something a bit more unconventional. So you might want to look at that. As for Tasha's I find it is one of the few books that I have to check out before allowing anything directly as portrayed in that book as it has a lot of OP stuff that messes with game balance. But I have converted a couple of things from Tasha's and allowed a few other things as is from it as well. Keep in mind, I am about letting you play something you might have always wanted to play but could not as long as it does not break the game balance.

Game Invite can be found HERE
Jun 23, 2021 11:05 am
I am in! What shall I make... hmmm.... hmmm... I already made a druid and a fighter .... shall I make a sorcerer or a rogue or a paladin.... ?
Jun 29, 2021 6:12 pm
If this is still open, I'm interested.
Jun 29, 2021 8:52 pm
Yes blue this is still open as it never really closes its a more traditional campaign game rather than just a one shot and I have more than one instance going right now and as is the nature of PbP -- players come and then some players just disappear. However I do have some originals that have been here since conception. So if you can give me an idea of what you think you might want to play I can see which of the groups that have an opening could use that type the most.
Last edited June 29, 2021 8:53 pm
Jun 29, 2021 10:20 pm
DeJoker says:
Yes blue this is still open as it never really closes its a more traditional campaign game rather than just a one shot and I have more than one instance going right now and as is the nature of PbP -- players come and then some players just disappear. However I do have some originals that have been here since conception. So if you can give me an idea of what you think you might want to play I can see which of the groups that have an opening could use that type the most.
Rock on. I don't have a concept yet; I usually look at what's missing and make something to plug a hole. Since these groups have been going a while, I'm sure that's less of a problem here. If you do have a niche that needs filled, I'd be happy to look at it. In the meantime I will browse and post again when I come up with a random concept.
Jun 29, 2021 11:35 pm
Well blue if you want to fill a hole I do have one -- a spell caster type perhaps Cleric/Druid or Wizard. Which is to say the preferred would be a Cleric or Druid while the secondary would be Wizard. Does any of those interest you?
Last edited June 29, 2021 11:37 pm
Jun 29, 2021 11:38 pm
DeJoker says:
Well blue if you want to fill a hole I do have one spell caster type perhaps Cleric/Druid or Wizard. Which is to say the preferred would be a Cleric or Druid while the secondary would be Wizard. Does any of those interest you?
Hellyeah. I've never actually played a cleric. I'll start brainstorming.

Sorry if the answer to this is somewhere obvious and I missed it, but are there chargen rules posted somewhere?
Jun 29, 2021 11:42 pm
Yes they are posted within the game I invited you to join as I assumed you might say yes to one of those 3 options. You can find the invite HERE
Last edited June 29, 2021 11:42 pm
Jul 4, 2021 3:07 pm
So how do you make charcters here?
Jul 4, 2021 3:18 pm
Go to the Characters tab at the top and click "All Characters" on the dropdown. That should lead you here.

There, you scroll all the way to the bottom (which is probably shorter for you than for me. There you can select a game system, give the character a name and then click Create. That leads you to a character sheet form that you can fill in. Once you saved the character, just head to any "Game Details" page for a game of that system than you're in and you'll be able to submit them to that game.

If you have any more questions, feel free to hit me up on the discord or by PM or create a new thread (here maybe) and I'll be happy to help :) I don't want to derail DeJoker's recruitment here.
Jul 4, 2021 3:46 pm
Thanks bowlofspinach and you can also just ask me within your character creation thread and I will be more than happy to explain how Gamers Plane works mechanically as I am a newbie friendly GM
Jul 5, 2021 12:04 am
It appears we have had several new members join and while I have picked up one or two already, I am bumping this thread to let everyone know that I can open another instance of this game if there enough folks new or existing that would like to dive into a campaign oriented DnD5e game
Last edited July 5, 2021 12:05 am
Jul 6, 2021 4:26 am
FYI all, I got a PM that Dejoker got banned, so probably don't have to reply to this game anymore.
Jul 6, 2021 8:30 am
Hi Paximilian, a few of us are aware that some of the existing players in his games might be stranded as a result, and are looking to see how we can maybe take over from where you may have stopped.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.