DnD5e Adventuring into the Unknown -- Open

load previous
Mar 5, 2020 1:51 am
DeJoker says:
But this is for recruitment and we can discuss the more game specific stuff once I get the game up and running and the 3 of you in it
I'm in the GP discord, just tag me when you're ready
Mar 5, 2020 11:27 am
Just to chime in on the Warlock-Paladin Multiclass:
There are a lot of ways to justify that in narrative:
1) The Pact with the Patron was made unwillingly and the Oath of the Paladin is a try for redemption
2) Not all Paladins have to be pure goodness: a Paladin can have sworn the Oath of Vengeance to avenge their child who'd been killed by bandits. They wouldn't even have to be part of an Order of Paladins
3) Paladins in 5e are not bound to a deity, but their Oath. You could be a warlock for i.e. a fiend and then swear an Oath to them to vanquish their foes.
4) I once saw a Paladin who was part of an order where every higher ranking officer was given a magical weapon and made a Pact with the Raven Queen to enhance their bond with that weapon.
5) For a more supportive type a Paladin could also make a Pact with a celestial, which would also get around the evil part.

These are just some possible things.

Also DeJoker I'd love to play with you some day! Right now I don't want to take the spot from Gnellson, especially since it is their first game!
Gnellson says:
I'm interested. I'm new to GP so it would be my first. I'd like to play an entertainer/fighter trying to make it into his own song.
Mar 5, 2020 4:09 pm
Thanks @Caesar but while I guess going with the GAW you could have Paladins without having deity but that smacks head on into an aesthetic concept I have implemented requiring not just all divine caster to have a patron but all characters have to have a patron and further the restriction that I have where I do not run non-heroes (anything NN or below on the alignment chart). However I believe @naelick response had solid enough merit to be okay
Mar 5, 2020 4:25 pm
OK yes, if that's your world, it's a valid concern~

Also that sounds really interesting as a setting.
Mar 5, 2020 4:48 pm
Okay drop in then there is a spot open in this game
Mar 5, 2020 5:09 pm
I think we should wait for @Gnellson, if they want to take the spot since they haven't yet played on here and I have plenty of other games.
If they don't answer in two days or something, I'll gladly join~
Mar 5, 2020 5:47 pm
Not necessarily if I get another 4 applicants I will most likely just start another version of this game -- running multiple parties in the same setting is fairly easy compared to running multiple games
Last edited March 5, 2020 5:47 pm
Mar 5, 2020 6:07 pm
Ah ok, then sure, count me in!
Mar 5, 2020 6:08 pm
Okay first post in this thread updated and your game starts this weekend and I will send invites to the 4 of you as soon as I get it prepared

BTW @Gnellson I have included you in on this new that is starting
Last edited March 5, 2020 6:44 pm
Mar 6, 2020 1:19 am
Hey @Beast I tried to send you an invite to the game but your name does not appear in the list of players you can invite??
Mar 6, 2020 4:08 am
I got your message and I'm glad to be in. Reading the paladin exchange. Never liked playing one. Always glad to have one in the party.
Mar 6, 2020 4:14 am
Okay well game is open and u been invited
Mar 6, 2020 4:41 am
I don't see the invite. I still see "if you're tired of waiting..."
Mar 6, 2020 5:09 am
Are you looking at the right Game -- Marsh Madness
Mar 6, 2020 6:23 am
This is the game. You just have to click join on the bottom right~
Mar 9, 2020 7:46 pm
I want to get in on one of your games.
Mar 9, 2020 8:01 pm
okay you've added to the list
Mar 11, 2020 2:15 pm
I will be opening another game yes but not this week
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.