DnD5e Adventuring into the Unknown -- Open

load previous
Mar 24, 2020 12:07 am
I'd love to join. I'm pretty flexible on what to play or what happens. I'm new to play-by-post, but have been playing D&D and other RPGs for 25 years.

I am partial to support roles and intellectuals. Would PC world building OK? (Within reason, of course.) I've always wanted to try a Cleric (or Paladin) of History. Kind of an Indiana Jones-esque professor/adventurer.
Last edited March 24, 2020 12:17 am
Mar 24, 2020 5:53 am
Okay I have added you to the next game list (First Post in this thread) -- watch for a PM from me -- but it might be a week or 2 before you get that PM feel free to talk to the other players a bit here but I cannot guarantee they will all be in your final party as I use that Queue to fill the previous games I have started
Last edited March 24, 2020 5:54 am
Mar 24, 2020 8:01 am
I would be interested as well. I am new to PbP and used to play a lot of A D&D 1st ed. I have played 5e and like the additional things characters can do at low levels. I would be interested in playing a spellcaster, maybe a wizard.
Mar 24, 2020 10:41 am
If you are setting up more games - please count me, I would like to join in too
Mar 24, 2020 9:56 pm
I would be interested in joining future games if there is any space available
Mar 24, 2020 9:56 pm
I would be interested in joining future games if there is any space available
Mar 24, 2020 9:59 pm
You have been added to the first post
Mar 25, 2020 6:24 am
Thanks for adding me to the list. Please drop me a line if you start a further game. Look forward to hearing from you.
Mar 25, 2020 8:11 am
No problems Mike I always send an Invite, a PM and I post here when I am launching a new game in order to notify those that their game has been launched
Mar 28, 2020 1:09 am
Thanks for adding me to the list, DeJoker. I'm looking forward to playing.
Mar 28, 2020 1:11 am
For those on the list, what kind of characters are you thinking of running? (Or is there a better place to have this discussion? Still a PbP newbie.)
Mar 28, 2020 8:13 am
I'm not sure yet, maybe a sorcerer
Mar 28, 2020 9:38 pm
I'm not sure yet either. I was thinking of a wizard. However, if this is a problem (if there were too many spellcasters etc) I would have a ranger.
Mar 29, 2020 1:49 am
I'm thinking of a knowledge cleric. More buffs and lore than might.

Why not have a caster-heavy party, though? It would definitely make things interesting. A party of intellectuals who suddenly find themselves having to fend for themselves? Drastically over-analyzing a relatively easy physical hurdle? How, exactly, are we supposed to skin this thing?
Last edited March 29, 2020 1:49 am
Mar 29, 2020 6:12 am
Sounds an interesting and entertaining concept Elrondell. I don't know if we'll be in the same party, although it seems possible, given DeJoker's post to you on 24th: 'Okay I have added you to the next game list (First Post in this thread) -- watch for a PM from me -- but it might be a week or 2 before you get that PM feel free to talk to the other players a bit here but I cannot guarantee they will all be in your final party as I use that Queue to fill the previous games I have started.'

I am pleased to be on the list and look forward to starting when this is up and running.
Mar 29, 2020 10:05 am
Oh, I know we might not be in the same game. Just speculating while we wait. A "What if?" scenario to pass the time. :)
Mar 29, 2020 2:59 pm
Look if the party was all spell-casters this game can handle that -- as long as you do not mind employing some NPCs to do the more dirtier work... I have set it up kind of the Balder's Gate games where you can collect NPCs and where the NPCs can be more than just cannon fodder -- the game is designed to be as detailed or undetailed as the players themselves choose to make it.
Mar 29, 2020 3:01 pm
Secondary Note -- if a group is formed that does not consist of the next 4 players in line and they are willing to pass on being the next game I will bump up the list and form this group as the next (assuming anyone from the group came from the next inline game). Then if there are not 3 or 4 players available to take the next game then I would start this group. Some folks just want to play together and I am fine with that as well.
Mar 29, 2020 9:53 pm
I'm good with whatever the party likes. :)

On the 2nd note, though. You said that the game is mostly Forgotten Realms-based, right? How strict are you sticking to the established lore? (General time-period? Before spell-scars? After? Classic age?)

Specifically, what about the pantheon? If I DO play the cleric, I'm thinking Oghma or Denier (Probably Denier). If not, I might come up with my own order.
Mar 30, 2020 4:02 am
Basically after the Time of Troubles -- and before they really changed the world so dramatically

As for Patrons I have a core list but its a mutable list as well -- that is to say one Patron has many racial Avatars -- as such Oghma does exist (if you are human) however I also have an alignment restriction since I run only heroes (LG, NG, CG, LN) so NG or LN works with Oghma just want to be sure that part is not lost

Still keep in mind that in 5e alignments are just a personality trait and nothing more aka you have a strong tendency for the alignment you choose but you can stray under situations but you always come back to your core
Last edited March 30, 2020 4:04 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.