DnD5e Adventuring into the Unknown -- Open

load previous
Jul 16, 2020 11:56 am
DeJoker says:
In order of preference due to the current Queue -- who would like to join a more combat oriented game -- there will still be other things but the remaining character (player : HeroAmongMen) from a team wants to do more combat oriented missions -- raid the enemies and such and I can do that but that requires a slight shift in the game paradigm which I am okay with doing but I would want players that would enjoy a more combat concentric game. Basically the group will be a squad whose initial job is to provide protection against the marauding beasts and undead that come out of the Misty Marsh -- I can take up to four players for this as combat oriented games need that extra body more often than not.

So think about it if you think you might like something like this please respond -- today is 2020-07-14 -- by the beginning of 2020-07-18 I will be taking at least 4 players (I might take 1 or 2 more not sure) who have said they were interested in this -- if not enough of you respond then I will farm it out to others to see who might be interested in this style of game

Note while it is more combat concentric it by no means will be hack-n-slash all the way through -- it might start that way but I am sure once everyone has gotten there fill of waiting for the enemy they will begin trying to figure out how to take the fight to them and put an end to them.

Lastly I hope those on the list above are watching this thread
Hi DeJoker

Just to let you know I am happy for someone else to take up my spot for the more combat orientated game, I will wait for a more generic game to become available.
Jul 16, 2020 3:57 pm
I'm happy to step aside this time too. Just starting up in another game so I will hold fire on this one for now.
Jul 16, 2020 4:04 pm
Okay I am updating my post -- but will post it here as well -- and will state again by the beginning of 2020-07-18 I will go through the list of folks that said yeah/nay and pick the first at least 4 players (with perhaps 1 or 2 more not sure on that) who have expressed interest in this more combat concentric game

Current Queue
1) Mike -- no
2) dankel -- no
3) QuantumRiot -- no
4) Sassafras
5) Coachthor -- yes
6) LightOfMidnight
7) DeathBeforeDecaff
8) cavarillion
9) Mr.Armitage -- yes
10) claypigeons
11) Rattila -- no
12) Gigz -- yes
13) Kilikina -- yes
14) kenesperanza

Note if you said yes and are not in the current Queue and do not make this game I will add you to the normal Queue and hopefully get to you eventually
Last edited July 17, 2020 4:47 am
Jul 16, 2020 7:31 pm
yes I can put you in the Queue -- but are you wanting to join this specific instance of more combat oriented game or would you rather play in a more balanced game?
Jul 17, 2020 2:13 am
Both options are fine with me. I do like combat and I often play support roles in combat.
Aug 20, 2020 4:17 pm
Okay just a quick note to those who denoted interest in the more combat oriented campaign -- I have had to hold off starting this until I can get back to a more regular schedule and I will be checking back with you all as soon as I get to the point -- aka when I can actually return to a somewhat more normal schedule
Aug 21, 2020 1:26 am
Wow. Did I miss the que too?
Nov 9, 2020 8:58 pm
Okay it has been a while but I have slowly recovered and back to somewhat normal and have tied up all outstanding loose ends as such I can now open another branch in this game. However not being sure who is or is not currently active that showed interest so long ago I am going to make this post -- if you are interested in jumping in and are not currently in one of these games (currently 3 different ones are running) please respond to this post -- I have picked up a Newbie for the first additional game -- but I will consult my queue for preference if I get a large response otherwise I will be inviting folks fairly quickly --- still keep in mind I do plan to start more than one of these just from experience it is best to get one set launched before starting up more sets -- which is to say I may start 2 more games simultaneously if there are enough folks interested

As a final note if you are in queue and do not respond to this within 3 days I will remove you from the queue -- further if you are not in the queue and respond to this and due not get in I will add you to the queue
Last edited November 9, 2020 9:00 pm
Nov 10, 2020 2:34 am
I went back to the start of this post but I am still a bit unclear on the game's plot I guess you could say. In a nutshell, what we would be be doing as players?
Last edited November 10, 2020 2:34 am
Nov 10, 2020 2:40 am
The game is set up as a semi-sandbox -- you begin the game with the option to take missions but you can also go off on your own to follow whatever colors your fancy

Some folks prefer the sandbox style and others prefer the more mission oriented -- I try to present the players with both options and then let the group decide what they want to do -- and they are free to mix the two as they desire

That being said -- the game is also about surviving as the natural (or not so natural) elements can be as nasty of an opponent that you might be facing -- further not all encounters are gauged to the party (aka you are not guaranteed to win) and it is up to the players to decide what they want to do about the encounter -- I give XP based on the encounter and its outcome -- not based on what you kill and/or do not kill -- and frankly if you end up fighting every encounter you come across you will most likely die sooner or later -- but also note I am not a killer GM either I am not out to kill you just present challenges that you need to figure out how best to handle based on the information you have gathered (or not gathered).

Does that help you any -- do you have any other questions?
Last edited November 10, 2020 2:41 am
Nov 10, 2020 2:45 am
Okay @LightOfMidnight I have you noted -- if by the 12th at 3pm CST those ahead of you do not respond I will post an invite for you to this game
Nov 10, 2020 3:00 am
I will say, even to my own detriment, recently heard Mika is having internet fun. Dankel I believe knows more.
Nov 10, 2020 4:04 am
It is cool if they are still interested and cannot post within the timeframe allotted they can get into the next game it is not like I deny folks ;)
Nov 10, 2020 5:34 am
I'd be willing to give it a shot, I don't mind a bit of player agency. And I like playing with LightofMidnight. Thank you for running it. Shall I track it down and apply or wait for an invite?
Nov 10, 2020 5:43 am
Please wait for Invite -- I queue folks up to play but make accommodations for folks that want to play with specific other folks as well -- so if LightOfMidnight agrees -- I will join the two of you as one individual -- for queue-ing purposes
Nov 10, 2020 9:34 pm
Hi Dejoker, I am still interested, as Legion says, Mike is offline at the moment but I am sure he is still keen as well.
Nov 10, 2020 9:38 pm
I'm still interested too, so count me in.
Nov 10, 2020 9:45 pm
Okay I will leave Mike in his current position but I am going to solidify this current group on the 12th -- but as before I will make another one after I get this one going

Currently have this thus far --
1) ---taken---
2) QuantumRiot
3) LightOfMidnight
4) Nikcollini
------
Next game
1) Mike
2) dankel

The only one chiming in right now that can change the above would be Sassafras
Last edited November 10, 2020 10:36 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.