DnD5e Adventuring into the Unknown -- Open

load previous
Feb 17, 2021 5:18 am
Yes but I kind of need to know what you would like to play as I would have to slide you into current game or you can wait to see if 2 others express interest and I can start another new game.
Mar 8, 2021 1:44 am
Again looking for a few players to replace a few ghosts -- have a good base of players in several instances of this game just need to add some to fill out the rosters.

All levels of experience in DnD5e welcome I am perfectly willing to teach newbies or take on experienced players.

That said if you have ever wanted to play some heroic character that the normal guidelines just did not quite allow perhaps you might enjoy this game as I promote playing that which you want to play and have no problems tweaking the guidelines to help facilitate that. It will be balanced to the other players mind you but probably much closer to whatever it is you have wanted to play that you could not.
Last edited March 8, 2021 1:49 am
Mar 8, 2021 2:06 am
I would be interested in trying it out. Are there more details about level and party make-up you could share?
Mar 8, 2021 2:13 am
I've been waiting for a spot in a 5e game to open up, and I'm also wondering about party make-up before thinking about a character. Otherwise, the sandbox and player-driven elements spoken of appeal to me.
Mar 8, 2021 2:13 am
Yes but it might be easier if you both state what you think you might like to play although you do not have to nail it down fully -- as one group is 5th level and the others are 3rd level and the make ups differ greatly. However, if you might enjoy perhaps jumping in and taking over a pre-existing role that can be done as well. One of the groups has been going for a while and the other is pretty much just starting.
Last edited March 8, 2021 2:15 am
Mar 8, 2021 2:39 am
I am a player in one of these groups (the newer one) and it has been awesome working with DeJoker through character creation and the intro to our story. Don't miss this opportunity to get in on a great game!
Mar 8, 2021 2:41 am
Thanks Stellarcell but I still won't give you the Eye of Vecna ;) Well without Vecna still attached to it that is.
Last edited March 8, 2021 2:43 am
Mar 8, 2021 2:44 am
To fit with the theme of the Great Unknown and the expansive setting of the Forgotten Realms, perhaps I would play a bard (I may decide to multiclass as the character concept evolves) from the College of Lore who strives to travel the world and document it all, dreaming of one day becoming something like the next Volo. I mainly think that would be fun to roleplay.

I would be happy in either group, if that helps.
Mar 8, 2021 3:00 am
Okay DragonDweller62 give me three days to ascertain whether our current bard has become inactive or they just had not posted recently as putting you to that spot with a Bard would be ideal.
Last edited March 8, 2021 3:00 am
Mar 8, 2021 3:08 am
I was thinking druid. Specifically a Mycanoid Circle of Spores Druid, with a reskinned warforged as the base for the race. Possibly dipping into Barbarian for three levels, but I'm unsure right now.
Mar 8, 2021 3:21 am
The only minor issue I have with that Maskcot is that even reskinned the Warforged do not exist within the Forgotten Realms which would make you completely alien to the world and that makes it hard for you to be connected with a Deity for the Druid part. This does not mean it cannot be done but I would need a fairly good backstory for me to pull something like that into the world. However if you can explain why you were thinking of a reskinned Warforged perhaps that can be resolved a different way.
Mar 8, 2021 3:29 am
That and I would have to rework the Circle of Spores Druid as in my world it would be considered borderline evil and incapable of healing folks as it uses Negative Energy which is like anti-matter to the matter of Positive Energy (or Healing magic) one cannot manipulate both.

So again not impossible and if you are thinking of perhaps a Myconid Druid character that uses spores in a more positive energy way that would be most doable.
Last edited March 8, 2021 3:39 am
Mar 8, 2021 3:35 am
I misspelled it. Myconid are very much a part of Forgotten Realm lore. They don't have 5e rules yet, but I thought warforged most closely resembled them in rules. That is a link to a wiki for more info. They are mushroom people. It's a reskin for rules sake.
Last edited March 8, 2021 3:36 am
Mar 8, 2021 3:59 am
I am aware that the Myconid are very much part of the Forgotten Realms and no issues with them not having been converted to 5e yet I can grab an earlier version and walk them over. Heck they have been part of DnD since the 1st Edition so yeah I know about them ;)

The 2 big issues I see with the Myconid is

1) You are definitely going to be extremely different although with a long hooded cloak that could be somewhat mitigated.

2) I have to concur with someone's version of the Myconid and that they would have the same Sun Sensitivity as the Drow do

Note I glanced over the Warforged and do not agree that a reskinned version of one of those would be a Myconid I would probably pattern it off of something like this:

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Myconid_(5e_Race)

Not to say I would use that exactly but I would pattern it off of that and if you were doing the Myconid Spore Priest we could come up with something that melded their racial abilities into their class abilities and make them a positive versus a negative oriented class

That all being said I would want to hear the backstory on this character before committing to the effort to bring it to playable life. I mean why is it out amongst the surface world rather than living in the Underdark like the rest of its race?
Last edited March 8, 2021 4:07 am
Mar 8, 2021 5:40 am
Okay Maskcot is that a nevermind to the Myconid or nevermind to the game in general?
Mar 8, 2021 1:25 pm
Ive been dying to play a barbarian. I might be interested.
Mar 8, 2021 2:49 pm
I'm game if you still need people.
Mar 8, 2021 7:20 pm
Yep had another player recently bow out due to recovering from a health issue just let me know what you might like to play
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.