DnD5e Adventuring into the Unknown -- Open

load previous
Apr 11, 2021 6:42 pm
I would like to join, please. Newbie to D&D but I'm gradually getting familiar with the system.
Apr 11, 2021 6:47 pm
So after some consideration, if you'd be interested in having dwarven ranger, I'd be up for a game, too. Although I'd suck at roleplaying because being a dwarf in English is quite hard, but I just love dwarfs, haha.
Apr 11, 2021 6:53 pm
Okay well that is 4 players so I will get things rolling and try to get the game set up CoB today. Just a word of warning be prepared to do a bit of reading ;) and do not worry if you are not overly familiar with DnD5e as it stands I have no trouble asking question and I do what I can to help all players create a 3-dimensional character.

So as a Dwarven Ranger are you thinking Gloomstalker then?
Apr 11, 2021 7:38 pm
Yeah I was thinking of trying out gloom stalker, if that'd be cool?
Apr 11, 2021 8:18 pm
Okay some of you have already accepted your invites but just in case you did not get it or cannot easily find it here is a link to it.

Cleaving Bridge
Jun 14, 2021 10:25 pm
Okay attrition as usual in a PbP has gotten to a point where I can add at least two more players to existing games if anyone is interested in joining in.

HOWEVER -- Please carefully read the first post in this thread as I do not want a player joining with false expectations.
Jun 21, 2021 6:56 am
Bumping this still in need of a couple of players newbies or vets

HOWEVER -- Please carefully read the first post in this thread as I do not want a player joining with false expectations.
Jun 22, 2021 4:32 pm
I would be down. Still somewhat new, but not really. Are you talking journeymen DnD players, or just newbies and vets? Lol.

One question, any restrictions on character building? I didn't see any aside from alignment. (ie, can I use just PHB, Tasha's, XGtE?)
Last edited June 22, 2021 4:33 pm
Jun 22, 2021 4:56 pm
The whole range Paximilian as I do not discriminate for any reason and all are welcome.

The particulars to character building are within the game under an appropriate thread and I do allow most things and have a few additional things due to player desires to play something a bit more unconventional. So you might want to look at that. As for Tasha's I find it is one of the few books that I have to check out before allowing anything directly as portrayed in that book as it has a lot of OP stuff that messes with game balance. But I have converted a couple of things from Tasha's and allowed a few other things as is from it as well. Keep in mind, I am about letting you play something you might have always wanted to play but could not as long as it does not break the game balance.

Game Invite can be found HERE
Jun 23, 2021 11:05 am
I am in! What shall I make... hmmm.... hmmm... I already made a druid and a fighter .... shall I make a sorcerer or a rogue or a paladin.... ?
Jun 29, 2021 6:12 pm
If this is still open, I'm interested.
Jun 29, 2021 8:52 pm
Yes blue this is still open as it never really closes its a more traditional campaign game rather than just a one shot and I have more than one instance going right now and as is the nature of PbP -- players come and then some players just disappear. However I do have some originals that have been here since conception. So if you can give me an idea of what you think you might want to play I can see which of the groups that have an opening could use that type the most.
Last edited June 29, 2021 8:53 pm
Jun 29, 2021 10:20 pm
DeJoker says:
Yes blue this is still open as it never really closes its a more traditional campaign game rather than just a one shot and I have more than one instance going right now and as is the nature of PbP -- players come and then some players just disappear. However I do have some originals that have been here since conception. So if you can give me an idea of what you think you might want to play I can see which of the groups that have an opening could use that type the most.
Rock on. I don't have a concept yet; I usually look at what's missing and make something to plug a hole. Since these groups have been going a while, I'm sure that's less of a problem here. If you do have a niche that needs filled, I'd be happy to look at it. In the meantime I will browse and post again when I come up with a random concept.
Jun 29, 2021 11:35 pm
Well blue if you want to fill a hole I do have one -- a spell caster type perhaps Cleric/Druid or Wizard. Which is to say the preferred would be a Cleric or Druid while the secondary would be Wizard. Does any of those interest you?
Last edited June 29, 2021 11:37 pm
Jun 29, 2021 11:38 pm
DeJoker says:
Well blue if you want to fill a hole I do have one spell caster type perhaps Cleric/Druid or Wizard. Which is to say the preferred would be a Cleric or Druid while the secondary would be Wizard. Does any of those interest you?
Hellyeah. I've never actually played a cleric. I'll start brainstorming.

Sorry if the answer to this is somewhere obvious and I missed it, but are there chargen rules posted somewhere?
Jun 29, 2021 11:42 pm
Yes they are posted within the game I invited you to join as I assumed you might say yes to one of those 3 options. You can find the invite HERE
Last edited June 29, 2021 11:42 pm
Jul 4, 2021 3:07 pm
So how do you make charcters here?
Jul 4, 2021 3:18 pm
Go to the Characters tab at the top and click "All Characters" on the dropdown. That should lead you here.

There, you scroll all the way to the bottom (which is probably shorter for you than for me. There you can select a game system, give the character a name and then click Create. That leads you to a character sheet form that you can fill in. Once you saved the character, just head to any "Game Details" page for a game of that system than you're in and you'll be able to submit them to that game.

If you have any more questions, feel free to hit me up on the discord or by PM or create a new thread (here maybe) and I'll be happy to help :) I don't want to derail DeJoker's recruitment here.
Jul 4, 2021 3:46 pm
Thanks bowlofspinach and you can also just ask me within your character creation thread and I will be more than happy to explain how Gamers Plane works mechanically as I am a newbie friendly GM
Jul 5, 2021 12:04 am
It appears we have had several new members join and while I have picked up one or two already, I am bumping this thread to let everyone know that I can open another instance of this game if there enough folks new or existing that would like to dive into a campaign oriented DnD5e game
Last edited July 5, 2021 12:05 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.