Pushed a big red button

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 9, 2020 12:16 pm
Hi everybody

Ignoring that first piece of advice from the new player guide about writing an introduction, the first thing it did after signing up for GP was to push the big red button to apply to join a game. I didn’t realize at that time that you don’t get a chance to write hello to the GM after pushing the button, but I was accepted and started role-playing again. However, I have been neglecting to write an introduction. So now, I’ll finally amend that.

I’m pretty new to pbp, but currently engaged in two games of Call of Cthulhu here on GP. I play a lot of RPG in high school and college, but the last many years I haven’t played any rpg at all (not counting computer games). The main reason being lack of time and lack of people to play with. I have a gaming group I meet with, but that all about boardgame and not RPGs. I signed up on GP to pick up role-playing again and the pbp format seems to be just the thing I was looking for. I like the slow pace of the games.

The games I’m into are Call of Cthulhu, which I am currently playing, but I’m also hoping to get a chance to play the One Ring, which I have never play just read the rules for. I’ve also been playing Vampire the Masquerade back in high school. My gaming time IRL is dedicated to boardgame.
I’m thinking eventually to build up courage to GM some games, but for now I’m just a player.

Happy to be onboard
Mar 9, 2020 12:20 pm
^ The two games he’s in are mine, and he’s been an excellent player so far with timely, literate responses. You could do worse than getting him in your games!

Welcome to the site, you’re going to be a great addition to the community here.
Mar 9, 2020 12:24 pm
Welcome to the community, Stefron! Looks like I don't eed to give you links to the New GP Member Guide and Games Tavern. I'm glad you jumped right in and pushed that button!

We'd love to have you join us on the Discord server as well for real time chat about the site, RPGs in general, and just about anything!

Happy gaming!
Mar 9, 2020 12:34 pm
Welcome then :)
Mar 9, 2020 12:42 pm
Welcome Stefron!
Mar 9, 2020 12:50 pm
Hello and welcome!
Mar 9, 2020 12:50 pm
Welcome Stefron!
Mar 9, 2020 3:18 pm
Hello and welcome!
Mar 10, 2020 11:52 am
Thank you, everybody. This is a very friendly community.
And thank you, Santouche, for the kind words and letting me in on less than face value.
@jabes, thank you. I already managed to stumble into the discord server, but not really been active there so far
Mar 12, 2020 2:57 pm
Welcome to the site!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.