New Site, who dis?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 11, 2020 1:28 pm
Hey there, I'm a fairly experienced player with play-by-post stuff and other forms of internet interaction, but the sites that I used to frequent seem to have imploded in on themselves and hanging about within their desiccated remains feels a little like being banished to the land of wind and ghosts, so I'm trying out a few new sites to see how things go.

I don't really know what else to say other than that my favorite system is probably Pathfinder because the sturdy [some would less charitably say rigid] framework makes me feel a little safer from bad experiences, but that I've played and will continue to play just about anything that catches my fancy.... which is most of them, I will admit.
Mar 11, 2020 1:32 pm
Welcome to GP!
I haven't noticed any signs of imploding on this site yet so you may have found a safe harbor.
Pathfinder is a system that is pretty common here so you should be able to find a game of that quickly. If you're open to different systems, you'll find a game even faster. People here like to try out a bunch of different systems.
To join a game, you should check out the Games Tavern. That's where GMs advertise their games.

Happy gaming
Last edited March 11, 2020 1:33 pm
Mar 11, 2020 1:34 pm
Welcome Carnivorous_Centaur! This community is robust and growing, so hopefully we avoid the fate of the other hobbit holes you mentioned.

Hope you find some great games. Pathfinder is popular here.
Mar 11, 2020 1:43 pm
Well that's a relief to know, screaming into the void is only entertaining for so long, and if you keep it up eventually the void screams back and that is just downright "No thank you!" tier spooky. I'm looking forward to lookin' about and seeing what I can find, I can say that even with just two responses at the time I write this, it's more activity than I'd expect in a week from the other places, so we're off to a good start!

As for hobbit holes, I thought those were supposed to be nice! These holes were definitely more like the "dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing to sit down on or to eat", sadly.
Last edited March 11, 2020 1:45 pm
Mar 11, 2020 1:55 pm
Welcome :)
Mar 11, 2020 2:37 pm
Welcome to the community, Carnivorous_Centaur! Glad to have you here! Err... what do carnivorous centaurs eat?

Don't forget to check out the New GP Member Guide.

Bowlofspinach already mentioned the Games Tavern. Keep an eye on it, and you'll find a game to join in no time!

If you're interested in spectating, here is an index of public games.

We'd love to have you join us on the Discord server as well for real time chat about the site, RPGs in general, and just about anything!

Happy gaming!
Mar 11, 2020 2:46 pm
Lots of kinds of delicious meat, of course! Thank you for the warm welcome, all~
Mar 11, 2020 2:50 pm
Glad to know you like the Pathfinder system, but may i ask what do you love in settings and universe ?
Mar 11, 2020 3:06 pm
I like a whole lot honestly, your standard fantasy is probably my favorite but I've enjoyed a whole lot of fill-in-the-blank-Punk sorts of settings [My favorite of those would be what my friend calls DungeonPunk, wherein the adventuring lifestyle actually has a strong effect on the whole of society]. For specific universes I think Golarion is neat, I enjoy the Forgotten Realms despite it having a good bit of cruft that is probably unnecessary. Eberron has a nice feel but the cosmology is bizarre to me. And I've got a few of my own long-running settings that my players have done their best to ruin make their mark on.
Mar 11, 2020 3:30 pm
Mar 11, 2020 3:46 pm
Welcome!
Mar 11, 2020 3:55 pm
Hell and welcome!
Mar 11, 2020 3:56 pm
kalajel says:
Hell and welcome!
A new greeting has been born.
Mar 11, 2020 4:27 pm
Sometimes my keyboard skips the "o" for some weird reason...

Len

Mar 11, 2020 4:38 pm
Welcome!
Mar 11, 2020 5:00 pm
@kalajel well maybe its perhaps controlled by... saTAN! ;)
Last edited March 11, 2020 5:40 pm
Mar 11, 2020 7:42 pm
I hear ya on the imploding sites. This one seems like a good haven. Glad you found us!
Mar 11, 2020 10:53 pm
Welcome, more the merrier. I would wish to encourage more genuine players of our hobby to show up.
Last edited March 12, 2020 4:34 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.