Savage Worlds Game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 13, 2020 2:27 am
Hi folks,
Would anyone be up for playing in either an ongoing campaign or a one-shot adventure using Savage Worlds Adventure Edition? I think that system could do well for pBp. If you're new to Savage Worlds that would be great too! I can help you along with learning the system and getting up and running.

Maybe 3 to 4 players.

I'm leaning heavily towards the East Texas University setting, but I have many from Fantasy to Pulpy to Steampunky to Sci-Fi....y. :)

Let me know. I have several campaign ideas floating around and I own a good bit of material as well.

Thanks!
Mar 13, 2020 2:41 am
Sounds fun. I played savage worlds: deadlands a while ago, so I'm not totally unfamiliar with the system, but I haven't seen savage worlds adventure edition at all.

I don't have a particular preference for setting, I'll go along with whatever
Mar 13, 2020 2:44 am
naelick says:
Sounds fun. I played savage worlds: deadlands a while ago, so I'm not totally unfamiliar with the system, but I haven't seen savage worlds adventure edition at all.

I don't have a particular preference for setting, I'll go along with whatever
Cool. Thanks for considering. I’ll make a game even just one on one if no one else is down to give it a go.

How was Deadlands for you?
Mar 13, 2020 2:53 am
I'm in a Deadlands game now, on a different site. I've played some Hellfrost, and that GM is now running a ETU game at the local gaming store.

You can count me in.
Mar 13, 2020 3:57 am
What is the East Texas University setting all about.
Mar 13, 2020 4:00 am
Nawashi.Maestro says:

How was Deadlands for you?
I really enjoyed deadlands. The setting was a lot of fun, and the mechanics were sensible. Our DM was great and really rolled with what was going on (a major feature of his campaigns - I tend to have a lot of fun when he GMs)
Mar 13, 2020 4:15 am
I'm running Deadlands Reloaded here, and playing Deadlands Classic IRL. Love the setting.
Mar 13, 2020 7:20 am
Qralloq says:
I'm running Deadlands Reloaded here, and playing Deadlands Classic IRL. Love the setting.
So is that why you couldn't be bothered to read GM posts or be bothered to know little details like; This character is a woman?
You're distracted by all the other games you are "coasting" through, and not mentally capable of paying attention to any details?
Mar 13, 2020 11:16 am
HoorayRat says:
I'm in a Deadlands game now, on a different site. I've played some Hellfrost, and that GM is now running a ETU game at the local gaming store.

You can count me in.
Oh nice! I bet that is fun. I would love to be in some Face2Face games IRL.

Sure. Just don't be too hard on me about the setting. :) I'll do my best.
Mar 13, 2020 11:16 am
Machiabelly says:
Think College kids in Texas without a lot around, you find out some things go bump in the night but that must have been your imagination dogs don't turn into big dogs and then stand on hind legs must have been the moonshine you tried. Yep Carl totally didn't get killed by a werewolf at the Frat keeeger party is what you lie to yourself about. Also there's those tests between adventures plus a job/SO/club activities/life.

Fun setting to run in, haven't played.
Mar 13, 2020 11:17 am
Qralloq says:
It's very popular I see! That's very cool. I would like to play it one day.
Mar 13, 2020 11:25 am
Remnant says:
Machiabelly says:
Think College kids in Texas without a lot around, you find out some things go bump in the night but that must have been your imagination dogs don't turn into big dogs and then stand on hind legs must have been the moonshine you tried. Yep Carl totally didn't get killed by a werewolf at the Frat keeeger party is what you lie to yourself about. Also there's those tests between adventures plus a job/SO/club activities/life.

Fun setting to run in, haven't played.
You got it. Think that would be a fun setting for here?
Mar 13, 2020 11:32 am
I enjoyed running it, bikers chasing students for stolen beer seems normal. Realizing you threw a party in a Witch's coven and throwing up on your friend when you see a skeleton summoned for the first time due to binge drinking hindrance... that's some ETU gold right there.
Mar 13, 2020 11:59 am
Remnant says:
I enjoyed running it, bikers chasing students for stolen beer seems normal. Realizing you threw a party in a Witch's coven and throwing up on your friend when you see a skeleton summoned for the first time due to binge drinking hindrance... that's some ETU gold right there.
LOL. Very nice!
Mar 13, 2020 1:57 pm
So Master Nawashi are you going to be running this soon?
Mar 13, 2020 2:27 pm
DeJoker says:
So Master Nawashi are you going to be running this soon?
Hi! I would like to give it a stab. I’ve don’t only a bit of GMing, but I’d like to give it a go. Any thoughts, suggestions or opinions about it? And, are you referring to running SW in general or specifically an ETU campaign?
Mar 13, 2020 2:31 pm
Hmm not sure how to answer that question so -- are you running the "ongoing campaign adventure using Savage Worlds Adventure Edition" game you mentioned in your first post and if so how soon do you think you might start it.
Mar 13, 2020 2:41 pm
DeJoker says:
Hmm not sure how to answer that question so -- are you running the "ongoing campaign adventure using Savage Worlds Adventure Edition" game you mentioned in your first post and if so how soon do you think you might start it.
Oh. Yes I would like to run an ongoing campaign. I am still learning how this site manages posts and such, but I hope to have a game posted by early next week at the latest.
Mar 13, 2020 2:42 pm
And, I think ETU would be fun. :). So, I’m going to make it official. I’m going to run an ETU game. 👍
Mar 13, 2020 4:04 pm
Nawashi.Maestro says:
And, I think ETU would be fun. :). So, I’m going to make it official. I’m going to run an ETU game. 👍
Is it ok for me to get the East Texas University Savage Worlds book? I don't want to spoil anything for myself.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.