RPG where you play as forest animals

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 16, 2020 3:05 pm
Hello folks
I'm sure I saw somewhere recently an RPG where you play as animals in a forest, I half think it was a D&D 5th ed expansion.

Have any of you heard about this, or did I imagine it?
Mar 16, 2020 3:13 pm
Someone needs to discover Bunnies & Burrows...
Mar 16, 2020 3:44 pm
There's a few out there, I think.

I would recommend Mouse Guard (only playable creature is a mouse), it's an excellent system...
Mar 16, 2020 3:45 pm
If Mouse Guard is coming to GP, I'm game!

(I guess it could be anything guard with a little imagination though...)
Last edited March 16, 2020 3:45 pm
Mar 16, 2020 3:45 pm
There is a Castle and Crusades, Redwall knockoff.
Mar 16, 2020 3:58 pm
Mr_Winter says:
Hello folks
I'm sure I saw somewhere recently an RPG where you play as animals in a forest, I half think it was a D&D 5th ed expansion.

Have any of you heard about this, or did I imagine it?
Humblewood?

As of this writing, I can't get the URL to resolve, but if you do a search for "Humblewood D&D" you'll see some results.
Mar 16, 2020 4:16 pm
I just happened across this thread. It looks really interesting...and here is a helpful link...maybe.

Humblewood RPG
Mar 16, 2020 4:17 pm
CESN says:
If Mouse Guard is coming to GP, I'm game!

(I guess it could be anything guard with a little imagination though...)
I am in a mouse guard game on another site but it has really slowed. It's been going a long time but at a pretty slow pace. It has been tremendous fun being a mouse. More then I ever expected. I was so much into the character that when we set a mouse trap in our garage the other day I was almost sad.
Mar 16, 2020 4:20 pm
I'm a big fan of Mouse Guard, and I've been playing in a Humblewood game that's been quite enjoyable.
Mar 16, 2020 4:21 pm
I've never played D&D 5e, but if someone ran a Humblewood Game... oh man, please PLEASE invite me. It looks awesome.
Mar 16, 2020 4:26 pm
You're probably thinking of Humblewood, but there's also Pugmire, where you play as dogs and cats.
Mar 16, 2020 4:40 pm
I loved the concept of Pugmire, but unfortunately, there's not a lot there to make it feel like you're playing something other than just D&D with alternate classes. Humblewood looks to be more interesting.
Mar 16, 2020 4:45 pm
There was an extremely short-lived game of Mouse Guard on GP a while back, and also one of Pugmire.
Mar 16, 2020 4:58 pm
I played in a game of Mouse Guard here that went for a few months, I think... Got through one arc of the plot or so any way. Lengthy journey, investigation, battle with a snake. It was good. Good system for PbP in my opinion.
Mar 16, 2020 5:18 pm
I've toyed with the idea of running a Rats of NIMH-style game using Genesys. Set in the timeline of the two novels, but adapting the magic from the Don Bluth animated film.
Mar 16, 2020 6:46 pm
There's also Noble Wild, but I think it's for Pathfinder IIRC.
Mar 16, 2020 7:25 pm
I played a game where players were animal characters. I don't think it's the one you are describing but it was a lot of fun. It's called "The Secret of Cats" for Fate Core. I played with some friends who had never played a TTRPG before, but they are all cat lovers, so I thought it would help draw them into the world of RPGs. It was a lot of fun! I imagine one based on woodland animals would be great too. Actually, I just finished reading Watership Down and the whole time I was thinking it'd be fun to play something along those lines. I hadn't heard of Bunnies and Burrows until now, but I'm assuming it aims for a similar vibe.
Last edited March 16, 2020 8:38 pm
Mar 16, 2020 8:03 pm
i would love a redwall like game myself but you are probably thinking humblewood
Last edited March 16, 2020 8:04 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.