RPG where you play as forest animals

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Mar 17, 2020 8:39 am
CESN says:
If Mouse Guard is coming to GP, I'm game!

(I guess it could be anything guard with a little imagination though...)
In a squiky voice: So am I
Mar 17, 2020 10:24 am
Nawashi.Maestro says:
I just happened across this thread. It looks really interesting...and here is a helpful link...maybe.

Humblewood RPG
THATS THE ONE!!!

Thank you.
Mar 17, 2020 10:32 am
SavageBob says:
I've toyed with the idea of running a Rats of NIMH-style game using Genesys. Set in the timeline of the two novels, but adapting the magic from the Don Bluth animated film.
I've never read the books but I have always thought the Don Bluth film had massive potential for an RPG, it essentially high fantasy anyway, Nicodemus obviously being a wizard of some sort, the rats having a cosmopolitan steampunk society (Mr Ages is some kind of arch tinker) , the great owl is probably a stand in for a dragon (a huge flying menace that despite being a predator to most of the other animals is also old and very knowledgeable), and Dragon is...well...maybe also a dragon.

I dont think it wouldn't be too hard to do with D&D.
Mar 17, 2020 3:25 pm
Mr_Winter says:
I've never read the books but I have always thought the Don Bluth film had massive potential for an RPG, it essentially high fantasy anyway, Nicodemus obviously being a wizard of some sort, the rats having a cosmopolitan steampunk society (Mr Ages is some kind of arch tinker) , the great owl is probably a stand in for a dragon (a huge flying menace that despite being a predator to most of the other animals is also old and very knowledgeable), and Dragon is...well...maybe also a dragon.

I dont think it wouldn't be too hard to do with D&D.
Exactly! :) That's a good way to put it: Electro-punk Watership Down. (They're stealing electricity, after all.) Maybe once one of my current games wraps up.
Mar 17, 2020 7:22 pm
Wild Lands looks really cool. I've been dying to try it.
Mar 17, 2020 9:32 pm
Coming late to this convo but the Root boardgame has a kickstarted rpg coming out. I'd be up for a Nimh rpg If it happens.
Mar 17, 2020 9:37 pm
KaeJae says:
Wild Lands looks really cool. I've been dying to try it.
It really does. I'd be down. :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.