Noob

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Feb 23, 2016 12:41 pm
Welcome to the site! It is a great place to learn new systems.
Feb 25, 2016 12:17 am
Welcome, GamerDad! My son and daughter have both been playing some form of RPG for years, from the natural beginnings of the kid-centric D&D4-based "Heroes of Hesiod" adventure (which I then expanded into a game system I called "Monster Battlers") through diceless RPGs to D&D5 this past year. My son, who is now 12, is running his first game as DM now; his sister and I are playing in his custom dungeon adventure. I can say with absolute certainty that his skills at role-play are WAY more sophisticated than mine were at the same age.

As Jabes.plays.RPGs and others suggested, the Games Tavern thread is a good place to check for games with openings. I may post another game there myself, soon.

With regards to type of fantasy RPG you enjoy, are you more interested in character-driven stories/role-playing, more interested in the tactical elements of combat/solving puzzles, more interested in blowing off steam with humor, or more interested in exploring a game world and the plot of a campaign?
Feb 25, 2016 12:39 am
spaceseeker19 says:

With regards to type of fantasy RPG you enjoy, are you more interested in character-driven stories/role-playing, more interested in the tactical elements of combat/solving puzzles, more interested in blowing off steam with humor, or more interested in exploring a game world and the plot of a campaign?
If pressed to choose, I guess I'd have to pick door #1 of the four. But I enjoy all of the aspects you described. I'm working on developing a sense of humor and wit to aid in blowing off steam.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.