Hey y’all

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 31, 2020 10:44 am
Hello folks! I’ve been wanting to get into tabletop role-playing for a little while but have been hamstrung by a lack of friends who are into it and a lack of time for longer sessions because of a pretty busy schedule, but found this site which sounds absolutely ideal. I’m honesty a novice in pretty much all aspects, I used to play DnD about 15 years ago for a couple of years but nothing too major. Is there any games on here where people are a little more patient in terms of allowing you to catch up with the rules and everything works on here? As far as which games, I was thinking just to jump back into DnD but could also be open to try another one.

Cheers
Mar 31, 2020 10:56 am
Most GMs here are very patient and willing to help out newbies.
Since many people here like to try out new systems, it's not uncommon to get into a game where everyone is new at the system, including the GM even sometimes.

Just let the GM know you're new when you apply to a game and there should be no problem :)
Mar 31, 2020 10:59 am
I'm 100% patient and would love to have ya in a game sometime. You should try Savage Worlds. I've done a bit of pBp and a few games on Discord with it. It translates pretty darn well to this platform.
Mar 31, 2020 11:03 am
Hello,

Welcome, first. And second, if you're interested, i've opened a Legend of 5 Rings game, with custom light rules.
L5R is a med-fan based on japan's mythology, players play people from the cast of Samurais.
It's all about politics, wars, honor, and dealing with people with courtesy, while a big war running against dark creatures (if you have seen Game of Thrones, same as Watchers of the night with the Wall). As for me as a GM, it's a system of mine, so i know it well, i can explain it, and i can help on whatever you need from it.

As for DnD, i saw a lot of games starting on DnD5 lately, so you should find your happiness.
Mar 31, 2020 11:36 am
Welcome to the community, Sassafras! You'll have no trouble finding newbie-friendly games here.

Don't forget to check out the New GP Member Guide.

New games are always popping up. If you watch the Games Tavern I'm sure you'll find one in no time!

If you're interested in spectating, here is an index of public games.

We'd love to have you join us on the Discord server as well for real time chat about the site, RPGs in general, and just about anything!

Happy gaming!
Mar 31, 2020 11:44 am
Welcome Sassafras!
Mar 31, 2020 12:57 pm
Welcome!
Mar 31, 2020 1:32 pm
Thanks everybody. I’ll try and find a game over in the Tavern. Thanks for the offer Delio but I think I’ll pass on that one for now, mostly because I think I would like to start in an area of RPG that I might be a little more at home in instead of jumping in the deep end with something I know zero about 🙂
Mar 31, 2020 2:23 pm
Sassafras, I'm very forgiving for new people. I don't have an opening right at this moment, but I am planning on starting one (d20 Future) in the next few weeks if you are interested. It's pretty D&D-like.
Last edited March 31, 2020 2:25 pm
Mar 31, 2020 2:35 pm
Hey WhtKnt, yeah I would definitely be interested. Can you let me know when you’re starting it?

The same goes to you as well Nawashi if you decide to start one up. If you remember me by that time of course 😄
Mar 31, 2020 2:45 pm
Howdy!
Mar 31, 2020 3:28 pm
Welcome!
Mar 31, 2020 3:39 pm
Hello and welcome!
Mar 31, 2020 11:38 pm
Welcome Sassafras!

Len

Apr 1, 2020 1:28 am
Welcome!
Apr 1, 2020 2:02 am
Welcome!
Apr 4, 2020 3:45 pm
Hello and Welcome, Sassafras! There are many GMs on Gamersplane that welcome new players and anyone new to the PbP format. When you inquire about a game, give the GM a heads up about your experience and they'll usually help you out. I've seen many games setup on here specifically to help newcomers or even veterans learn a new system. Enjoy!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.