Chapter Three: The Last Dream of Mirza Horgul

load previous
May 11, 2016 5:21 pm
So far we have done at least 87 points of damage to The Implacable, including what we know Everil did to it.
Last edited May 11, 2016 5:22 pm
May 11, 2016 10:09 pm
Not seeing any other option Vad continues to lob magic darts of energy at the thing...
OOC:
One more slot left after this one...

Rolls

Magic Missile - (3d4+3)

(333) + 3 = 12

May 12, 2016 4:15 am
BullOctorok says:
Leth swings hard at the back (?) of the Implacable's head, sending splinters of bronze flying.
OOC:

Yeah I'm not 100% sure where I am in relation to the Implacable, and I'm a little afraid to try to move because I'm not sure if that would require me to roll against the web again?
May 12, 2016 3:45 pm
Vad fires another volley of magic missiles into the Implacable.

I'm trying to give you guys a fair amount of leeway as far as avoiding the web, you'll get a warning if you try something that puts you at risk of getting stuck again.

Shamush, you're up.
May 13, 2016 6:35 pm
Shamush continues to aid Leth.
May 13, 2016 7:10 pm
A new round begins, Mordred is up.
May 13, 2016 10:28 pm
Mordred throws another Fire Bolt and then attempts to take cover behind a stalagmite.

Using Cunning Action to Hide

Rolls

Fire Bolt - (1d20+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Stealth (For Hiding?) - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

May 13, 2016 11:39 pm
With his aim perhaps distracted by thoughts of his hiding place, Mordred fires a bolt of flame high over the Implacable's head before diving for cover.

The Implacable turns its attention on Leth. whirling its catchpole at him for a fast double-strike.

Edit: The end of the pole sweeps down and throws out Leth's knee, dropping him right into the path of the blade. Leth, I will need a CON saving throw from you. Felor, Leth, and Zangua can take their actions.

Rolls

The Implacable's butt-end catchpole attack vs Leth - (1d20+9)

(18) + 9 = 27

Damage, if applicable - (1d6+5)

(5) + 5 = 10

The Implacable's blade-end catchpole attack vs Leth - (1d20+9)

(13) + 9 = 22

Damage, if applicable - (1d10+5)

(7) + 5 = 12

May 14, 2016 5:25 pm
Zangua does his best to stick to Zora, assisting or helping her in any way he can.
May 16, 2016 2:53 am
OOC:
Hoo boy. Okay, so I did some digging through the forum here and I don't think I've taken any other damage since our last long rest yet, so this is the first damage I've taken, but... I'm at 4 HP now D: If he attacks me again and rolls anything higher than a 4 on his attack roll, I'm bleeding out, so I don't really have much of a choice but to back off for a second. Does somebody else wanna grab this magic sword and start swinging while I run away? :P

Leth lets out a cry of pain as he's dropped to his knees and then sliced open by the curved blade of the catchpole. He doesn't know the extent of the damage, but he knows he's in a whole lot of pain, and another hit like that would do him in.
If I stay on the front lines, I'm dead. He considers bitterly. For now, at least, I need to get away... So thinking, Leth backs defensively away from The Implacable, watching for any sudden movement. As he backs up, he looks over the construct, trying to gauge whether or not it looks like they might be close to vanquishing it. Once he feels like he's out of reach, he turns and starts moving away from The Implacable a little faster.

Disengage, and move 30 feet AWAY from this death machine. I hate to waste a chance to attack, especially with advantage, but it looks like really good odds that I'd die if I stayed there another round. Also, where exactly is everyone now?
4/26 HP
Last edited May 16, 2016 2:55 am

Rolls

Con save - (1d20+1)

(12) + 1 = 13

Perception (is this thing anywhere close to being defeated) - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

Dex save for possibly maneuvering in webbing? Idk if it applies - (1d20+5)

(20) + 5 = 25

May 16, 2016 1:08 pm
Felor winces as the construct's weapon slices through Leth. Seeing him back away from the enemy, Felor quickly drops his spear and moves to Leth's side to take the enchanted sword from him.

Can I take the sword and then move to the construct to attack? Do I need a roll vs the web?
May 16, 2016 3:56 pm
Leth's chest burns as his body fights the arcane toxins from the catchpole's blade. Scrabbling back away from the Implacable, he tries to get a good look at it. It's battered and gouged, and one of its eyes has been shattered. As hardy as this thing seems to be, it's not invincible...he can't help but feel like a final victory against this unnatural thing might be possible.

Seeing Felor coming towards him, he gives his sword a gentle lob hilt-first towards his companion, who deftly catches it.

Felor, you have the magic sword and can attack.
May 16, 2016 4:23 pm
[Harlem Globetrotters theme starts playing; the Implacable is suddenly wearing a Washington Generals jersey]
May 16, 2016 4:26 pm
Nice, glad I didn't need a DEX check to catch it!

Weighing the sword in his hand to find the balance, Felor turns to the construct and brings it down in a diagonal strike at its head.

Rolls

Magic sword attack - (1d20+5)

(13) + 5 = 18

Magic sword damage - (1d6+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

May 16, 2016 4:33 pm
Since the toss was by DM fiat no roll was required, he could have just handed it to you after all.

Felor's swing strikes the Implacable's head so hard it seems to get stuck on whatever threads it rotates on, and it jerks it back and forth quickly to get it unstuck as it staggers back.

Zora, meanwhile, continues to jog around the perimeter of the web. Turning her javelin around, she starts wrapping the other end in the sticky silk.

Shamush and Vad, you're up.
May 16, 2016 4:41 pm
OOC:
For what it's worth, Zangua's also at 4/31 HP, which is why he hasn't been actively engaged especially with no magical attacks.
May 16, 2016 4:52 pm
OOC:
Yeah, I'm out of heals but can stabilise anyone who goes down with a cantrip. Happy to take the brunt of the attacks now I can do some damage! Edit: we have the three mystery vials from the goblins if anyone wants to have a go and see if they are healing potions...
Last edited May 16, 2016 5:05 pm
May 16, 2016 5:05 pm
...Is Zora making a giant cotton swab?

Mordred is down to 3/18 HP. I'll keep spamming Fire Bolts from behind cover as long as I can.
May 16, 2016 5:15 pm
OOC:
Do I have one of the vials? I can take a swig on my next turn.
load next

Thread locked