Preparation for second session

load previous
Apr 30, 2020 3:33 pm
Suzhen, pick a Faction for Édouard.
Apr 30, 2020 4:00 pm
Let's go with Wild then.
Apr 30, 2020 4:50 pm
Édouard, tell us about a rumor or conflict concerning the Wild Faction that you've heard about, Mark that Faction (if applicable) and roll with it.
Apr 30, 2020 5:04 pm
A tainted of Montreal want out of the demonic life and is looking for help

Rolls

Wild - (2d6+0)

(63) = 9

Apr 30, 2020 5:34 pm
With a 9, you're in neck deep. You owe someone in that Faction a Debt, and someone in that Faction owes you a Debt.
Apr 30, 2020 5:54 pm
For manhandling fae royalty, Edouard got the attention of the Queens of the fae court. Camelia decided she owe Edouard a debt for stopping her brother and Ingrid decided Edouard owes her a debt for the same reason.
OOC:
Unless the debt need to be related to the new storm, in which case i would think of something else
Apr 30, 2020 7:05 pm
Alright. So we have 3 threats for that Storm, it's a bit low, so I'll go ahead and add one to make a better Storm and start working on it. I should have something soon.
May 5, 2020 8:15 am
[ +- ] Foretellings
got to hold 1. I think the contact with the spirit is as a good time as any to use it. Do I specify what terrible thing is going to happen or is that for the MC?
Last edited May 5, 2020 8:18 am

Rolls

spirit - (2d6+1)

(62) + 1 = 9

May 5, 2020 1:58 pm
You can decide, but I think the move works you don't really need to; just saying "something bad is about to happen" is sufficient. but remember that the hold is used on rolls to avoid impending disasters. The spirits did not attack you because you failed your Investigate a Place of Power but rather your Start of Session move (which is beyond the scope of Foretelling, remember, I told you something was coming after you?), but you'll be able to use it on any roll you make to avoid getting run over by that bus.
Sep 29, 2020 2:58 pm
I noticed something looking at Toby's character sheet, during the Start of Session move, we did took care of his schemes, but it looks like we forgot to pick his 3 interruptions...
Sep 30, 2020 12:12 am
Quote:
Despite your maneuverings, the city has a tendency to disrupt even the best of your careful plans. At the start of play, choose three interruptions from the list below, and tell the MC which scheme each of them has affected and why they require you to directly intervene in the events to come.
I interpreted ‘start of play’ as the start of the whole game, not just the start of each session. It feels like it might get kinda overwhelming if we’re adding three new interruptions at the start of each ‘session’?
Last edited September 30, 2020 12:14 am
Sep 30, 2020 2:34 pm
Ah yes, I see how the wording "start of play" could be interpreted... Still, I wonder if the Immortal is meant to always have 3 Interruptions with his Schemes. Otherwise, quickly abandoning the first 2 Schemes to gain 2 more later without any of the Interruptions feels cheap... Same problem with completing a Scheme. Why would the new Schemes not come with their own Interruptions.

Personally, I've always interpreted "start of play" as being a synonym for "start of session". Don't worry, you won"t be stuck with 4 Interruptions now. you can just pick the missing two and assign them wherever you want (keeping your old enemy, and perhaps having Poitevin reacting to your snooping around in his business).

When the rules or their wording are ambiguous, I try to fall back on the spirit of the game, and in US, there is no such thing as a free lunch...
Sep 30, 2020 11:17 pm
That’s fair. I was worried about the interruptions piling up over time but always having three on the go seems a good way to manage it :)

oopsylon sent a note to kalajel
Oct 1, 2020 1:05 am
So those would apply to your Stewardship Scheme. Okay, good.

Oh, that reminds me, since you've gone over the trouble of getting the book and pouring over it, go ahead and advance your Stewardship Scheme.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.