Mission 2(The Summons)

load previous
Aug 6, 2020 12:25 pm
Gabrien tries to dodge the next attack better, then attacks again with his flail.
OOC:
How much damage did he take from the previous failed defense check?
Last edited August 6, 2020 12:26 pm

Rolls

Defense - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Flail, 5 dmg - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Aug 6, 2020 5:24 pm
Reeve does his best to avoid the creature attack on him while he makes a quick slash with surprising reach against the shadow beast on someone else (if there is any left).
OOC:
Range increase vector move and 1 effort to hit

Rolls

Heavy bladed (1 effort to hit) (7dmg) - (1D20)

(9) = 9

Defense roll 1 effort - (1D20)

(14) = 14

Aug 8, 2020 10:07 am
OOC:
Gabrien takes 4 damage.(Yeah, they are less threatening than the big one.)
Gabrien scores a hit on the one he is dodging. He launches it away, causing it to disintegrate.

Reeve is also successful with the final one. He sends it to perish into nothingness.

By now, there is nothing left that seems to be after the party. The rain grows lighter, and the sun is starting to peek through the clouds.
Aug 8, 2020 10:56 am
The Researcher catches his breath before he begins to make note of the enemies they fought. "This is all very bizarre. But it appears that my fears are confirmed. These are not like the local monsters. The way they disappear after being killed is much faster than the usual monsters. Also, they don't leave behind residue, which is often the case that should happen. These creatures are foreign monsters that seems to be made of negative energy.

The small ones looks to be like children of the big one. They communicate by creepy noises, and are partially able to work together. From the way they attack, they are likely to be drawing essenses with their body, and their fangs are more as aesthetics from the dogs that they fed on. Taking the shape of their meals appears to be their ability too.

The big one, I am less sure of. But I can tell it is more powerful and likely the parent of the smaller ones. It's a good thing we destroyed them, they could have grown to be a greater problem than our usual monsters if they breed here..."
OOC:
You gained a pool of 13xp to be split.
Aug 8, 2020 12:18 pm
Reeve make sure there are no more ennemies and that everybody is all right. Then he stretches a bit, shaking off the weird feeling that came from the proximity to the shadow monster.
Quote:
The big one, I am less sure of. But I can tell it is more powerful and likely the parent of the smaller ones. It's a good thing we destroyed them, they could have grown to be a greater problem than our usual monsters if they breed here..."
"Well, that's what heroes are for."

".Also, I saw some item drops when we slayed the big one"

Rolls

Recovery roll - (1d6+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Aug 8, 2020 12:43 pm
OOC:
4+4+5 extra xp?. How about Reeve gets 5xp for threat monstruous 20 damage attack.
Gabrien takes a moment as well. "I broke my bow. Did he drop another one?" he smirks.

Rolls

Recovery - (1d6+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Aug 8, 2020 12:56 pm
Qralloq says:

Gabrien takes a moment as well. "I broke my bow. Did he drop another one?" he smirks.
""I son't think so, but you can use mine in the meantime."

Reeve offer Gabrien his bow.
Aug 10, 2020 6:53 am
Reeve went ahead to see the items. The party by now have a good special sense of detecting Cyphers, and he can tell that they are.
OOC:
Make 2 rolls to understand what they are.
The researcher also made a comment. "Even though there were a lot that was after us, we can't be too sure that that is all. I believe I know where they came from, and we could check the area where they were in."
Aug 10, 2020 11:05 am
OOC:
cipher rolls

Edit: Is the Lift dragon statue the one that doesn't count for the cypher limit?
Last edited August 10, 2020 12:12 pm

Rolls

1D20

(14) = 14

1D20

(3) = 3

Aug 10, 2020 12:37 pm
OOC:
XP split sounds good to me.
"They were using the bodies of possible people so they might have had some items, we just have to cut them out the corpse." Ash admits. "Dragon told us where they came from and we know the path out. We just have to figure if this was their first base camp and if there's no dogs left to propagate and setup a hunting ground..." he adds calming himself and his breathing.
OOC:
If everyone rolls to understand roll below, otherwise disregard. Plus taking my instant recovery

Rolls

Breath - (1d6+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Knowledge Roll 1 Trained in Strange/Lore - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Knowledge Roll 2 Trained in Strange/Lore - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Aug 10, 2020 12:43 pm
"I'll scout around," he says, taking Reeve's offered bow. He moves into the area taking time to search the shadows and the area for signs of additional shadow creatures or bone dogs.

Rolls

Perception (Specialized) - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Aug 11, 2020 1:19 pm
OOC:
Um, the Lift dragon statue counts. It's the other dragon statue that was in the chest that does not count.

Btw, you have the option of switching out the cyphers you have, or ignore the ones dropped by the shadow-eaten dragon cultists.
Reeve understood one, but not the other, but Ash helps out in the end.
[ +- ] New Cyphers dropped.
Gabrien went out to look for signs of the shadow creatures. He went ahead, and come across a badly collapsed building. The columns and roof of it form together a bit of a tent-like shelter. The shadows on the ground cast by it feels uncanny, more darker than the current lighting suggests. The low walls nearby seem to be partly eaten away as if by strong acid.

By now, the clouds are parting, and daylight causes the ground to lighten up, but not the one under the fallen roof.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Aug 11, 2020 5:57 pm
Reeve will drink the potion cypher and drop the lift cypher to pick up the 2 from the Shadow beast.

He ll then join Gabrien around the collapsed building.
Aug 11, 2020 7:07 pm
Ash tries to figure out the structures lay out and how long it's been collapsed by the state of the structure and his carpentry background.
Aug 12, 2020 10:15 am
Reeve finds himself rapidly feeling better as his blacken wounds return in colour. The group also follow after Gabrien, with Ash studying the structure.

Dr Matvox sees the area. "This does not look good. I don't know how dangerous this patch is, but I advice something should be done.
OOC:
Reeve heals 8 might damage. Ash will roll for it, but I am not too sure how useful carpentry is. I am thinking stone masonry might be better, as the structures are made of stone, not wood. I'll count it your skill is not really used.
Aug 12, 2020 12:48 pm
OOC:
Mostly trying to see if I can point out where the building 'broke' and how long ago. I guess I can change to Masonry if that seems more prevalent for our times. Or should I go with Architecture? It's a free knowledge skill from Char gen so I guess whatever you think fits the best.

Rolls

I know about building (trained) - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Aug 13, 2020 6:27 am
OOC:
Maybe architecture would be good. I suppose you may be interested to study future general structures and building integrity or history.
Ash studies the environment closely. He may have suspicions before, but he is sure now. This ancient city was assaulted by an army who wielded magic. Signs of explosions is revealed as the chunks of stone must have been blown off, instead of it simply being worn by age. Rusted pieces of sharp metal that must have been the heads of arrows and spears are embedded in the cracks of the walls. The nature of the muddy ground must have swallowed most of the evidence of the conflict. This could have been from the Ending War, or from centuries ago, before the nations formed peace with each other by fighting monsters instead.

He have a suspicion that the army could be from Intiquar, the kingdom that he is from that is the most advanced in magic development. He also have picked up rumours in the period of the Ending War that his people are planning to have war with Leudon in the intense politics over the claims that Intiquar have stolen and continues to steal the sacred arts of magic from them and have not returned honours by declaring that themselves instead are the original practitioners of magic.

But back to the present. The collapsed building looks to be one of the significant buildings, as it is big and almost as tall as the dragon temple. It could be another shrine, a food storage, or an administration building, he is not too sure. The heavy roof looks to be supported by the stone columns in the four corners before they were broken and collapsed over each other. The stone might have been mined from the deep hole where the temple sits over, or from the nearby mountain range that the settlement is situated in the shadow of.
Aug 13, 2020 12:04 pm
Ash relays the jist of what he's found out before he comments, "This wasn't done by our quarry but likely started with a magical based siege in the disarray what ever was here didn't seem to have time to rally and defend. It stands to reason there may be something of use inside if not it's a decent place to hide if your a shadow based assimilating monster without an assassin's mindset."
Aug 13, 2020 12:09 pm
"So, better to go in and check rather than just destroying the place?"
Aug 13, 2020 12:11 pm
"We could try burning the patch, Dr Matvox, but the rain and mud may make that hard."
OOC:
Is the shadow patch under cover? Or otherwise dry ground?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.