Mission 2(The Summons)

load previous
Aug 14, 2020 12:52 pm
The shadow patch is under the slabs of the building debris. It might be wet, but it is hard to properly tell, as it is like black mist is clinging to the stone flooring of the area.
Aug 15, 2020 3:09 pm
"Well, if you guys don't have a better plan, I got a light sword here that should clear all that properly" Reeve tap the cypher dagger that Ash identified.
Aug 15, 2020 3:32 pm
"That's worth a shot. I don't have anything that would be even as useful."
Aug 17, 2020 8:36 am
Reeve goes ahead to use the dagger on the shadows. It glows with divine light as he gripped on its handle tightly with the intent of using it. As he plunges it at the ground, the shadows burn away as if a patch of grass is set on fire. The mist evaporates away as the blades goes near it. It seems to even cause cuts in the eaten stone, as if the light extension is also physically cutting as well. In minutes, all signs of unnatural darkness is cleansed from the area. And just to be safe, Reeve would go around and stab at corners he may find. As the cypher gets used up, it stops glowing and has the form of a badly corroded knife. The surrounding area now has a sensation of calm serenity, and the clouds parting to let the sunlight through helps.

"Whoa. I have not seen such magic before. The closest I know is the smiting powers of the Judishian Paladins... In fact, Reeve, you look like one. You're from Judish right?"
[ +- ] Reeve
[ +- ] Ash
OOC:
Each of you shall receive 2xp each for completing the side mission. Reeve gains 1xp more for getting to experience holy eradication. Ash gains 2xp for experiencing the nature of the alien monsters.
Will your next step be going through the portal? Will you stop by to see the dragon to report of your success?
Aug 17, 2020 11:40 am
"Well I guess we should go back and let them know we're alive and dealt with the shadows before we go through the portal." Ash states after some time has passed after looking around.
OOC:
I'll spend my XP to get Effort upgraded and advance to Tier 3 then.
Aug 18, 2020 12:00 am
Quote:
"Whoa. I have not seen such magic before. The closest I know is the smiting powers of the Judishian Paladins... In fact, Reeve, you look like one. You're from Judish right?"
"I'm from Judish yea. I was never blessed with the magic power of the Paladins however only their fighting skills"
Quote:
"Well I guess we should go back and let them know we're alive and dealt with the shadows before we go through the portal."
"Agreed. I'll just go back for the dragon statue i left behind first."
Aug 18, 2020 12:00 am
Quote:
"I'm from Judish yea. I was never blessed with the magic power of the Paladins however only their fighting skills"
Quote:
"Well I guess we should go back and let them know we're alive and dealt with the shadows before we go through the portal."
"Agreed. I'll just go back for the dragon statue i left behind first."
Aug 18, 2020 11:51 am
Reeve returns to pick up the statue. They then begin their trip down the temple and into the cavern chamber with the dragon. It rises up from the depths of its pool as if it can sense your arrival. "Greetings again, children of mankind. I hope that your hunting attempt of the invaders have gone well..."

As one of you answered, it forms a bit of a grin with its teeth. "That is good to hear. I have such poor sense of time, that I could have slept for years and not realise that the problem above have yet to be resolved. Perhaps even it could be my inability to feel urgency that may lead to my downfall... But enough of my musings, I have taken the initiative to offer you a reward from my collection. I believe it won't be needed to be separated from the other special treasures. It is called the Mask of Panarsi..." The dragon lifts out a mask from the waters it is in with its tail. It looks to be made of pale blue material and designed to look like the face of the dragon, but in the size of a human's head.
OOC:
Your choice to if you want to show how you explain your victory, and whether or not you accept this gift.
Aug 18, 2020 12:36 pm
Ash looks at the others and the mask and wonders if it's a boon.

"Could you tell us what this Mask of Panarsi does? I'm unfamiliar with such... treasures." finally asks trying to sound polite once the discussion of the battle is over.
OOC:
I'd like to ask and then try and deduce what I can from it with my background.
Aug 18, 2020 10:22 pm
OOC:
Is dragon lore relevant to recognise the mask?

Rolls

Dragon lore trained - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Aug 19, 2020 3:20 pm
The blue dragon nods her head slowly as she explains. "This mask was one of the ancient relics that was made during the early years of creation. It was crafted by the first humans to be in my image. It was blessed by Rulosis to carry the powers of breathing underwater, to give humans the rare opportunity to experience what they are not meant to be able to. It is my most special artefact, named after me, Panarsi. I am now offering it to you as a sign of trust that you can be my new agents. I won't bind you with an oath, but just a hope that you can see that my intentions are good, and the cause of your kind's downfall is not all of our fault."

Reeve meanwhile is able to study it while recalling it's nature. He also recalls that there are 7 total dragons children created by the dragon god Rulosis. Each dragon hoards treasures, whether it is given to them by the god, or by human worshippers. These ancient treasures possess significant powers that are aspects of each dragon.
[ +- ] Abililty of mask

Rolls

Secret Roll

Aug 19, 2020 3:23 pm
"That is a generous gift, Great One. We are blessed to have inspired such benevolence. To breathe underwater as well as air must be to feel like unto a god." He nods appreciatively at his two companions.
Aug 19, 2020 4:56 pm
"What he said... I agree." Ash states his face devoid of any emotions, "So we're in agreement to go to the other place and do the thing now." he asks the others.
Aug 20, 2020 12:43 am
Reeve lets Gabrien do the talking. He does takes a look at the artefact but overall he looks pretty unimpressed or indifferent at the dragon.
Quote:
"So we're in agreement to go to the other place and do the thing now." he asks the others.
"We can go now if you believe time is the priority. Might be wise to rest first though. We don't know how dangerous this world is gonna be or when our next opportunity for resting will be."

Reeve kinda shrugs at his own comment, showing he is fine with either options.
Aug 21, 2020 2:49 pm
Panarsi the dragon nods her head. She gives instructions to take the stairs down to the next level, where the lit-up portal that is named The Arch can be found prominently in a tunnel passage. She also mentions that there is a chamber in the next level below where the clerics made it as their sleeping quarters and item storage. She says you can choose to sleep there, and if you find anything you want to take that was there, she doesn't mind.

She then slowly blink and sink to the waters as your group depart from her lair.
OOC:
Who might want to hold on to the mask, and would you sleep or go straight away?
Aug 21, 2020 3:30 pm
Ash will take the mask since he's traveling probably the lightest. He'll suggest a rest a least for 2 hours so they're ready for most things when they depart in case things go sideways from the start.
OOC:
I'm at T3 so I'd 3/4 cyphers, we can swop if someone needs to use later.

Rolls

Take the 10 minute - (1d6+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Taking the 1 hour - (1d6+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Aug 21, 2020 6:58 pm
Gabrien will appreciate the rest as well.

Rolls

One hour recovery - (1d6+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Aug 23, 2020 2:14 pm
OOC:
Seems we are going right after the short rest.
Aug 23, 2020 3:11 pm
OOC:
I'm maxed for cyphers.
Aug 23, 2020 3:41 pm
OOC:
Reeve got 2/2 cypher. He is fine with Ash keeping the mask.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.