Second Storm: Past and Present

load previous
Nov 30, 2020 2:16 am
Toby doesn’t say anything about the clunky, outdated phones being offered, but looks at the display of shiny, new smartphones on the other side of the store and then looks back to Suzhen with a pleading expression.
Nov 30, 2020 9:21 am
Suzhen muttered something something under her breath about being two hundred years ago and not having any money stashed away. Dragons are such hoarders that that mere thought would be inconceivable to them.

"You're just trying to get rid of old unwanted stock, aren't you." The calculative, bargaining part of her draconic nature kicked in. "They're obsolete even before we step out of this shop. Nah, let's have a look at one of these." Samsung made pretty good smartphones. Perhaps they could all turn on location tracking so that they could find each other in a pinch. That could come in handy in future. She watched as the dealer handed one of the newer models to Toby.
Nov 30, 2020 11:04 am
"Thanks, Suzhen!" Toby beams as he accepts the new phone, clearly very happy with Suzhen’s decision.
Last edited November 30, 2020 11:44 pm
Nov 30, 2020 9:08 pm
@ Suzhen & Toby: Suzhen finis par prendre un Samsung pas trop cher qui est quand même une charge sur ses finances...

@ Suzhen & Toby: The employee looks a bit confused, wondering if Suzhen really meant "handy" rather than "hardy"... "Hum... yes... okay... Well, good choice to go with Samsung." He then stops and look around to see if the other employees are back from their lunch break. Seeing he's still alone, he continues. "I really wouldn't reccomend Appple, they're becoming more and more anti-consumer... So, that one? Okay that'll be $323.33. How will you be paying?"

Oh yeah, smart phone aren't exactly cheap, and you've been a bit tight finance-wise since the fire...

What do you do?
Nov 30, 2020 11:50 pm
Edouard se stationne a l'écart le temps que Elijah termine sa déclaration. Il profite de l'attentente pour se connecte a la toile de ville. Elijah a dit que l'Artefact et les esprits seraient proche d'ici, alors peut qu'il pourra détecter quelque chose de plus precis. Si quelqu'un des esprit sont aussi haineux que celui qui la attaqué précédemment, ca devrit paraitre s'il se rassemble .

Edouard park his car away from the scene and waits for Elijah to finish with the police. He takes that time to feel out the web for unusual signs. If some of the people and ghosts involved with the artefact are half as hainous as the one that attacked him earlier, he should be able to pick up something.

Rolls

Let it out (advanced) - (2d6+1)

(53) + 1 = 9

Dec 1, 2020 2:18 pm
"Installment plan. My credit card should cover it." Suzhen wasn't sure that her credit was good for it, given the sad state of her bank account, but the sales guy might not know any better. Perhaps she'll figure out something before the bank bounces it a month later.
OOC:
I'll pick create an opportunity and avoid further entanglement. The opportunity to charge it to the card in installments to be cleared by the bank, and then the chance to leave before the bank calls, reverts or blocks it.
Last edited December 1, 2020 2:21 pm

Rolls

Mislead, Distract, Trick - (2d6+3)

(23) + 3 = 8

Dec 1, 2020 2:24 pm
Elijah, once finally free to go, sees Edouard waiting for him already. "Now, that was a scene." He says, happy to be done with all this mess enough to forget about the artifact and notice the time. "Do you want to grab something quick to eat? I guess this will take a while to bring you up to date"

Elijah, enfin libre de partir, voit Édouard l'attendre déjà. « Alor... c'était une scène. » Il dit, heureux d'avoir fini avec tout ce désordre assez pour oublier l'artefact et remarquer l'heure avancé. « Tu veut rendre quelque chose à manger? Je suppose que cela prendra un du temps pour te mettre à jour »
Last edited December 9, 2020 10:26 am
Dec 3, 2020 6:30 pm
@ Suzhen: L'achat du téléphone se fait sans encombres... pour l'instant...

@ Suzhen: You put the phone on your credit card. It seems to pass, for now. Well, at least your credit card hasn't been declined yet... Well, now's time to face the Ordo Draconis. Also, you'd like to be far from this store in case the bank calls back...

Note: Edited because I'm a big potato.
Dec 4, 2020 1:24 pm
"Better set up your contacts." Suzhen handed the shiny Samsung over to Toby. "And turn on the location tracker as well. I'd feel better knowing that there's some way to find you, or for you to find me, if we're in trouble."
OOC:
Suzhen and Toby ate already, at Subway, a couple of posts ago. But it's possible the teenage immortal metabolism constantly needs more meals. :D
Last edited December 4, 2020 1:28 pm
Dec 5, 2020 12:14 am
"Thanks!" repeats Toby, cheerfully. He appears to be completely oblivious to Suzhen’s financial troubles. "That's a good idea." Happy and excited about his new phone, he does as Suzhen suggests, turning on the location tracker and setting up his contacts while on their way to La Prairie.
OOC:
@BedzoneII: Shall we say that Suzhen has done Toby a favour by buying him the phone and he now owes her a Debt?
Last edited December 5, 2020 12:24 am
Dec 5, 2020 3:28 am
OOC:
Excellent idea! We should start up some new debts for sure.
Dec 5, 2020 4:29 am
OOC:
Great, I'll mark it in the debt tracking thread :)
Dec 18, 2020 3:47 am
Quote:
"Do you want to grab something quick to eat? I guess this will take a while to bring you up to date"
"I just ate, but I could use a drink."

Edouard will follow Elijah to wherever he wants to go and listen to his developments.
Dec 21, 2020 10:20 am
OOC:
Quick summary to review the key points
Elijah nods and walks to the nearest place to grab a quick bite, while telling Edouard about the strange event: the man on fire, the inextinguishable fire, the sensation of being observed and judged. Elijah also explains that he sensed the man was recently transformed and was somehow forced to work all the time as a drug dealer for Fabien because of that. He probably overstepped some demonic contract because he wanted to spend more time with his family. Elijah also points out that, though he hasn't seen any spirits around the area, the bow should be in Verdun and wonders if this is all related.
OOC:
I think I forgot to ask which hospital he will be taken too :( it will probably be an obvious one :D
Elijah hoche la tête et se dirige vers l'endroit le plus proche pour prendre une bouchée rapide, tout en racontant à Édouard l'événement étrange: l'homme en feu, le feu inextinguible, la sensation d'être observé et jugé. Elijah explique également qu'il a senti que l'homme avait été récemment transformé et a cause de cela, il était de quelque forme obligées de travailler tout le temps comme trafiquant pour Fabien. Il a probablement rompu un contrat démoniaque parce qu'il voulait passer plus de temps avec sa famille. Elijah souligne également que, bien qu'il n'ait vu aucun esprit dans la région, l'arc devrait être à Verdun et se demande si tout cela est lié.
Last edited December 21, 2020 10:20 am
Dec 23, 2020 11:07 pm
"Poor guy if he's stuck between Fabien and a demon...

Yea, everything usually end up being connected somehow in the supernatural world. Maybe I should find a way to deal with the demon instead of just dealing with his contract. He is starting to cause quite a mess. Its the third or fourth person he burns in 2 days that I'm aware of...

As for the bow, we're getting closer but Verdun is still a big place. We need to narrow it down more... Let me try to contact someone."

Edouard take his phone a text Lize Hébert, she is still his best contact with thecurrent Council ressources after all.
"Hey Lyze, how you doing? Two questions, does your bosses have contact with a close eye on Verdun? and do they have a way to deal with overstepping "patrons from the south"? Thanks.
Dec 24, 2020 11:28 am
Elijah considers Édouard's suggestions. "Having a demonic force going around burning this many people is never a good sign. We probably should warn the ..." he pauses before mentioning the Council, now aware that there is something wrong about it Toby and Suzhen are sorting. "...someone". As Édouard calls his contact, the oracle waits patiently, carefully listening to the conversation.
OOC:
I assume Lize Hébert is famous enough for Elijah to have heard of her
Elijah considère les suggestions d'Édouard. « Avoir une force démoniaque qui brûle autant de personnes n'est jamais un bon signe. Nous devrions probablement avertir le ... » il s'arrête avant de mentionner le Conseil, conscient qu'il y a quelque chose qui cloche à ce sujet que Toby et Suzhen enquêtent. « ... quelqu'un ». Au moment où Édouard appelle son contact, l'oracle attend patiemment, écoutant attentivement la conversation.
Last edited December 24, 2020 11:29 am
Dec 28, 2020 7:48 pm
@ Édouard & Elijah: Lize répond: "Garder un oeil sur Verdun? Pas plus qu'un autre quartier... Pour ce qui est des patrons démoniaques, il faudrait, je suis pas vraiment une experte, mais j'imagines que ça peut se faire... Écoutes, je peux pas vraiment parler longtemps, je suis pas mal occupée avec quelque chose qui vient d'arriver... Je peux pas vraiment t'en parler non plus..." Hmm, il semble que le Conseil soit soudainement occupé. Vont-ils s'occuper de ces problèmes après tout?
OOC:
@ Elijah: Tu peux essayer un Put a Face to a Name Avec la faction Power.
@ Suzhen & Toby: Le duo est devant l'église, et discutent d'un plan d'action?

@ Édouard & Elijah: Lize tells quickly tells Édouard that the Council does not pays particular attention to Verdun, and that she's not exactly the authority on how to deal with demonic patrons. Seems she's very busy with Council stuff... Looks like the Council is on the move, but for what?

@ Suzhen & Toby: You both find yourself in front of the church. So what's the plan of action?
Dec 28, 2020 11:22 pm
"Bon ben, bonne chance avec tes affaires dans ce cas. Si tu peux juste me diriger vers un expert en démon, ca serait cool."

Apres avoir raccroché. "Une apocalypse potentielle a tout les trois mois et tout le monde s'en sacre. Ca m'étonne de plus en plus que la ville tienne encore debout mais bon, si ca toujours été comme ca, peut-etre qu'il est temps que je prenne ca moins au sérieux pfff."

A Elijah "Bon, pas de lead de se bord la. A tu un plan pour trouver ou est l'arc dans Verdun?"

Edouard rant a bit about the useless call and the seemingly futile need to stop apocalyptic event in this city.

He ask Elijah if he has a plan to pinpoint the artefact's location.
Dec 29, 2020 11:56 am
Toby uses his new phone to call Suzhen so that he will be able to hear her when she’s inside the church. "Good luck in there," he says. "I’ll keep an eye on things out here."
Dec 30, 2020 12:52 pm
"I'll leave my phone on, so you can hear what's going on." With that Suzhen headed into the church. This time, she did not enter by the main door of the santuary - the last time she did so she had inhaled the signature incense of the Ordo, designed to burn dragons and the like. She had grown immune to the effect, but even so she decided not to risk it.

Instead she entered by the previous side exit she used after her encounter in the rectory, and retraced her steps there. She wasn't sure if the Second would be around, but she was prepared to wait.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.