Along Came This Freaking Guy...

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 8, 2020 7:01 am
Friends! Strangers! NPCs! Lend me your money!

...lol. j/k. How are you guys doing today?

I'm a new arrival. This is the right place for that, right? Anyway I am a moderately experienced player and a completely not ever tried at being a GM. I am quite open to many styles and settings. A love High Fantasy and Sci-Fantasy maybe most of all. But I can get into into all kinds of genres; steampunk, cyber punk, old school UK punk, romance, action, superheroes, anime style, modern fairytales, alternative realities, and generally any setting where a not so realistic adventure can be had. I say non-realistic for an important reason. You see, even though we just met, I have a confession to make... I absolutely love and adore spiders. It's true. I think they are cute. And I wish to create and play as a few characters who are basically spiders. Sapient Giant Spiders, Tsuchigumo, Harch, Werespiders/Ananasi, Spiderfolk/Arachne, Spider-taurs/Spider-Daedra/Driders, etc. But not the dnd standard driders. They're too aggressive and villainous for my tastes. I prefer good to neutral characters. So perhaps you can understand why I don't feel too interested in slice of life dramas or the like. I also say that I'm not into realism because in modern times there seem to be alot of cynical pragmatists who use the word realism as a synonym for gritty and grim. Which kinda creeps me out because I thought reality had hope and light as well as loss and clouds.

Eh, but enough of that tangent!

Anyway, It's good to be here.

I hope to find some cool games and have some fun.

I'm Arachnid Zero and I will see you around.

A0, over and out.
May 8, 2020 7:05 am
Welcome to GP, my 8-legged friend.
May 8, 2020 7:06 am
Welcome, Arachnid!

There's plenty of games in all kinds of settings happening here and I'm sure there'll be some in which you can play a spider-like character.
Just keep your eyes open and you'll find something (or, if you want to run something at some point, you'll be able to find a nice group of players here that'll make it as easy for you as possible)
May 8, 2020 7:19 am
Thank you Butcherbird!

And thank you bowlofspinach! That sounds so awesome. I'm glad to hear it.
Last edited May 8, 2020 7:19 am

Len

May 8, 2020 7:57 am
Welcome Arachnid0.

Before you start weaving a tangled web of intriguing stories, check out the New GP Member Guide which was constructed to answers some of the common questions newcomers might have.

New games are always popping up, like spiders hatching from a nest of eggs. If you watch the Games Tavern I'm sure you'll find one in no time!

If you're interested in spectating, here is a web of public games.

We'd love to have you join us on the Discord server as well for real time chat about the site, RPGs in general, and just about anything - perhaps even spiders.

Happy gaming!
Last edited May 8, 2020 7:57 am
May 8, 2020 4:08 pm
Welcome Arachnid0!
May 8, 2020 9:20 pm
Welcome to the web.
May 8, 2020 9:26 pm
No flies on you eh? Welcome to the site.
May 8, 2020 9:38 pm
Wow. This welcome is already off the charts! Thank you all very much.

It's so friendly in here, now I'm extra excited to find a game.
May 8, 2020 10:19 pm
Have you read Anansi Boys? Great Neil Gaiman book.
May 8, 2020 11:03 pm
Welcome to Gamersplane. What's your favorite arachnid?
May 9, 2020 12:52 am
Greetings! Spiders. The one thing that Indiana Jones and his family never had a problem with.
May 9, 2020 1:26 am
Hello and welcome!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.