Behold, The Master Donut has arrived!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 11, 2020 4:20 am
Hello everyone!

You may call me Donut. I've been playing D&D for a long time, but always found it difficult to arrange a session with my hectic work schedule and family. About a year ago I became heavily involved in Play by Post games, and I've been hooked ever since. I was scrounging around for a game when I came across this site.

I've been DMing for about 3 years (I'm currently running my own Private game with 5 of my friends in a semi-homebrew setting), and playing for about 6. I know the ins and outs of the game very well, and I like to think I've become pretty good at roleplaying. I find combat-focused dungeon-crawly games a bit boring, and prefer instead games focused on narrative and telling a compelling story (something I find most PBP players agree with).

I'm so excited to get to know some of you guys, and hopefully get started in a game soon. If you have any questions or just want to talk, let me know!
May 11, 2020 4:24 am
Welcome, Donut! Narrative-focused games are fairly popular here, so I think you'll have little trouble finding a game that you can enjoy.
May 11, 2020 4:30 am
Welcome, O Master of Donuts.
May 11, 2020 4:42 am
I, for one, welcome our new donut master.
May 11, 2020 6:10 am
Welcome, Donut. I hope you brought donuts for everyone.
May 11, 2020 6:18 am
Hi. I hope you have a holey enjoyable experience here, and donut be afraid to ask questions.

Len

May 11, 2020 6:36 am
Welcome TheMasterDonut! All donuts bow down to you.

As you command your donut hoardes, check out the New GP Member Guide which was constructed to answers some of the common questions newcomers might have.

New games are always popping up, like pastries in a baker's oven. If you watch the Games Tavern I'm sure you'll find one in no time!

If you're interested in spectating, here is a list of public games.

We'd love to have you join us on the Discord server as well for real time chat about the site, RPGs in general, and just about anything - oh wait, you've already found it! Welcome!

Happy gaming!
Last edited May 12, 2020 6:39 am
May 11, 2020 4:17 pm
There's a place for dungeon crawls, but in heavy tactical game rulesets, they tend to be about beating up the Dungeon Master (ouch). "How can I make the DM look like a fool today?"
So tiresome, that brand of adversarial gaming.

And now I want to run a map-crawling game LOL. :-D

You do not have permission to post in this thread.